PDA

View Full Version : PE PA = not working for me

BombShell
12-10-03, 06:10
OK, ive been trying to figure out for the past 2-3 hours now and i havnt seen a good resis setup yet. i need like 10 more con lvls on my pe now so i can be bak at my old resis with pa pe. can i get it or fix pe pa.

if i was to use this pe pa i need more energy resis. truefully i dotn care about the prc and frc on it u can burn it into the ground hell it can even hav 0 as long as i get a min of 18 more energy resis on pe pa 3. or at least switched its resis stats to inq 2 stats.

at first eevryone i told in my buddy. thought i was complain about the psi negs but really thats not the bad thing. i never did i dont like bless deflecter when having mroe skill to shelter is more uber then trying to get deflecter. and trust me most prc wepaons hav xray or fire mods. so am happy with that.

am just complainin because most good pes use drugs and i understand this pa can be built around drugs but i dont really want to be built around drugs i like my pe as it is with out drugs.

and ive beenw aiting for this pa for sometime just to see its kinda worthless to me.

now if u want to know how i setup my pe to see how its done to any kk repp's so u understand wut i mean ill be happy to do so. plz contact me sometime.

Zokk
12-10-03, 06:38
Well... don't tell anyone but...

PE PA is about as useful as it is good-looking

which is... not very

...useful / good-looking

...at all.

I've been saying how I wanted them to make it look nicer, but now I could really care less, because the armor is worthless to someone like me.

BombShell
12-10-03, 06:39
Originally posted by Zokk
Well... don't tell anyone but...

PE PA is about as useful as it is good-looking

which is... not very

...useful / good-looking

...at all.

I've been saying how I wanted them to make it look nicer, but now I could really care less, because the armor is worthless to someone like me.

hehe vary glad to see am not alone :)

QuantumDelta
12-10-03, 06:42
It opens a few doors, those doors come with a few sacrifices but for most of my configurations PE PA makes PE Configurations a little too easy....

BombShell
12-10-03, 06:51
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
It opens a few doors, those doors come with a few sacrifices but for most of my configurations PE PA makes PE Configurations a little too easy....

well my sacrifice is either more p-c/less energy or more energy/less p-c.

now if i use drugs no big deal but once agin i dont :)

Zokk
12-10-03, 06:53
...and then you actually try those configurations and you find out that they don't actually work off paper :p

BombShell
12-10-03, 06:55
Originally posted by Zokk
...and then you actually try those configurations and you find out that they don't actually work off paper :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QuantumDelta
12-10-03, 06:55
They work, the reason I'm going back to my original standard setup though is because you require an SA for them to be truly effective, which I currently do not have, so it's a configuration I will be using at a later date.
.....Much later.....

edit;
Rabbi fang will most likely be using the configuration I'm thinking of though.

VetteroX
12-10-03, 07:02
um... like me or not i think most people on this board have to admit im great at pes, and I say this armor is good. it boosts me... if other cant get a boost from it... well good, more wins for me.

BombShell
12-10-03, 07:06
Originally posted by VetteroX
um... like me or not i think most people on this board have to admit im great at pes, and I say this armor is good. it boosts me... if other cant get a boost from it... well good, more wins for me.

welli guess u could be the exception but theirs always someone that thinks wyatt earp is a good wepaon o_O

KramerTheWeird
12-10-03, 07:50
it looks ugly as hell, a strong reason for me to not use it :(

Vamil
12-10-03, 09:43
I just took a trip out there and "Tried" to get pistol level 3 armor, for my PE. Well, the guy gave me rifle PA. I thought to myself, damn i hit the wrong button, so i tried again.... Same fuckin thing. Now I am nearly broke so i try for the level 2 PA instead and say fuck it... to my luck i get ... tada!!!! spy pistol 2 PA.. WTF!!

I have been trying to get a hold of a GM on pluto for a while now but no luck what so ever, if theres any on pls check the script and gimme my armor !

Dribble Joy
12-10-03, 11:07
My 'setup' (If it deserves to be called that) hasn't changed at all.

I use the Judge so I'm dex 100 in combat anyway. (PA 4 r0xx0rz)
I haven't lommed anything, it's simply a nice bonus to the curret stats.
I will use PA 3 in OP fights though, so I don't need destrol for my boots :p

Thundra
12-10-03, 11:40
i dont understand how u dont see the PA's bonuses.

its way way better that deranite 2 chest.

now i cant use redeemer (for mob hunting as it sucs in PVP)
i get higher damage % on my RoG and PE
i get more resists.
and i can still use stealth 2

so im well happy
why do u NEED about 10 more con lvls? its not like its taken anythign away from u.

and no i dont use drugs ever

BombShell
12-10-03, 13:04
Originally posted by Thundra
i dont understand how u dont see the PA's bonuses.

its way way better that deranite 2 chest.

now i cant use redeemer (for mob hunting as it sucs in PVP)
i get higher damage % on my RoG and PE
i get more resists.
and i can still use stealth 2

so im well happy
why do u NEED about 10 more con lvls? its not like its taken anythign away from u.

and no i dont use drugs ever

well my pe has 407 hlt 125+ resis in all and uber shelters. i took more damage then almost any other player. other then my tank which has 150 in all resis and 600 life and both can keep up with even the fastest of runners.

so am losing resis with this new pa. of course it has p-c but hey if u really want to talk about bonuses i can talk about negs. now i said it doesnt bother me that my shelter was weaking a few % but guess wut thats a few damage gone of protection. and then to hav my resis lost because of pa is mroe damage done to me.

some peeps may say hey just a few damage. but this is from me a pe who has one of the best resis setup in the game with out drugs. WITH OUT DRUGS. am relaying on plain old skill points.

alot of peeps may have said pa's are weak and for me i never believed this. pe's can take on any char. if u know wut ur doin.
most pe's i see stealth. and never can hurt me. i believe no pe's should use tech weapons. unless ur using drugs. i dont use tech wepaons. so i dont exploit that blacksun :)

a few nights ago i went aginst 3 black sun users and i still worked them before i died. thay stealthed like 3-4 times before i died. tell me is that suxy. if thay didnt hav stealth would u say mega ownage.

this may seem pes r not balance but to hav lower defence with pa is much worst then having 10 rof more.

y u think peeps say spys sux not for their wepaons. but for their defence.

to take 8 points from me which was in hlt hurts alot. but i rather take less damage % from apoc and cs then havng that in hlt. for pe's everything counts. thay dont hav a mastery in anything really so everything u put in pe's hav to be managed carefully to keep up with even the best apus best spys best tanks and best pe's.

and if ur talking about prc and frc. it doesnt matter as a pe. lets say pe's get 60 str half/half transport and frc resis. so u get 114 frc resis thats 119 armor resis so rumors fly. then at min lets say 31 prc resis from armor. thats 150 thats a good decent defence and i can get this with out pa pe. can u say usless.

and if ur getting all energy armor look at the facts. most inq pe's can hav 30+ now for darnit their like 10+. hmm whichones better.

to get 26 resis from 32 is not my idea on getting more resis.

i thought the reason y pa's hav negs is for the bonus of combat boost not for its defence.

now this maybe be to much for most people to understand wut i mean but. some of u like to know wut i mean.

dr.fish
12-10-03, 17:57
just take off pa to do shelter and blessed deflector :)

Thundra
12-10-03, 18:36
still a bit confused. the only thing ya loose form this PA is the ability to use bessed eflector but u can just take of ya PA and cast it then put it back on.

do u not use a deranite 2 vest then? do u use viper armour or inq instead? also when u say u ahve 150 in all resists are u adding armour adn resist together to get that total. i hope so lol

BombShell
12-10-03, 19:15
150 in all resis is my tank 125 is my tank its armor included but 0 posion of course just incase ur confused about that.

i dont use bless deflector never had more shelter then trying to get deflector is alot more better.

u must remeber that defelctor lowers prc damage mostly. and shelter lowers xray fire energy mostly. so i skip bless deflector for a uber shelter so i can get rid of the second mod damage which is more uber aginst s and monks and prc too so its wiser to get more shelter and screw deflector

i use inq 2 on my pe. it adds more resis from darnit or daruim a waste to even try to get those.

pe pa prc/frc resis is not needed energy could be boosted.

ben77890
12-10-03, 19:24
is pe pa out yet?

BombShell
12-10-03, 19:28
yes hav fun :)

ben77890
12-10-03, 19:31
what are the stats and reqs, and where do i get it?

BombShell
12-10-03, 19:35
this is pa3. pa4 is useless unless ur h-c pe me thinks :)
prc 32
frc 28
erg 26
dex 4
p/r 10
psi -3
mst -6

ben77890
12-10-03, 19:36
where do i get it? and what are the stats for pa 1?

BombShell
12-10-03, 19:38
NW of foster far NW of corner.

prc 26
frc 24
erg 18
dex 2
p/r 6
psi -1
mst- 2

Spy<VS>Spy
12-10-03, 19:49
yeah, i didnt see the higher level armors but the first level power armor for the PE...i was very less impressed. the 6 rifle combat didnt really justifie the defence lose.

i mean this stuff doesnt hold a candle to copbot power armor, which is like daru 3. or somewhere abouts. looks like city admin is still faction of choice to be if your a PvP PE.

I 'was' very happy with the spy power armor though...i gotta put in my MC5 shit and go steel someone glove to wear the level four without a problem...but it gives almost the same force and peirce as the battle 2 vest usualy worn in addition to the monster x-ray resist. which isnt to me all together useful but slap an energy built on and you can take some decent fire from x-ray weapons.

spy's are still highly prone to fire. all we gots is ze belt. ;) and no boots. though the 16 rifle combat from the level 3 and 20 from the level four, is pretty agreeable. i'm a constructor and i cap my pain easer now with rifle boost 1 and the suit. which is VERY nice for trade skilling spy's. as i am also a driver too...

the only thing which i was a little disapointed is that i was under the impresion that it would give a little weapons lore too. i'm not complaining though because i feel spy's made out like a bandit only getting some endurance taken away from them and a few levels of int...which doesnt matter cause all you need is 99 to wear the best poison belt...implants give monster int anyways.

still feel bad for the PE's, i think that armor suit should give ALLOT more defence, 25% less than a tank and allot more subskills...

make the PE power armor give smaller bonuses but MORE bonuses per suit. makes sence to me.

lullysing
12-10-03, 20:24
I'm happy with the level 4 pistol PE PA.
No really. It doesn't look THAT bad , it gives a wopping 5 dex, and with my new setup, i think i could maximalise a judge without gimpage going on.

In fact, ATM i have 105 Dex without drugs, 68 inteligence and 100 agi/90 ath , and ONE BRAIN IMPLANT SLOT FREE.

The reason? finally got my riggers built last night, so it means that my non-MC5 PE now has SF, riggers, balance3, (one free brain slot) and the experimental dex spine 4. Add PE, and i get a wompping 105 dex.

Right now i'm debating wether to put my balistic 3 and use the swirly raypistol + second stealther , or putting my targetting and working on maximising my judge/BoH. Or i could just pop the MOVEON in and forget about the BoH.I could also pop in my mindcontrol3 and pilot some low level scout drones for entertainment like i was doing last night.

You see folks? It's all about your choices. And to me, yesterday was a GOOD day.

VetteroX
12-10-03, 22:47
bombshell, who asre you in game? ive fought all the good pluto/saturn pes and seen a few of the uranus pes in action, and iver never fought you to my knowlege.

Thundra
12-10-03, 23:23
Originally posted by BombShell
150 in all resis is my tank 125 is my tank its armor included but 0 posion of course just incase ur confused about that.

i dont use bless deflector never had more shelter then trying to get deflector is alot more better.

u must remeber that defelctor lowers prc damage mostly. and shelter lowers xray fire energy mostly. so i skip bless deflector for a uber shelter so i can get rid of the second mod damage which is more uber aginst s and monks and prc too so its wiser to get more shelter and screw deflector

i use inq 2 on my pe. it adds more resis from darnit or daruim a waste to even try to get those.

pe pa prc/frc resis is not needed energy could be boosted.

ok im on same track as u now. ok more energy would be nice but i personaly still feel it better tahn any old armours. with ya lvl 4 PA inq 2 set then the belt of your choice + resists in con, u can still have a damn fine resist set up. mines pretty funky but still not perfected (gettin there tho)

Rade
12-10-03, 23:39
Well, Im just pissy about the PA4 removing the ability to use my
beloved psi boots. That will nerf my staying power quite a bit.

Thundra
13-10-03, 01:42
just take the PA off and cast it.

and anyway its only one deflector u cant use

BombShell
13-10-03, 06:20
Originally posted by Rade
Well, Im just pissy about the PA4 removing the ability to use my
beloved psi boots. That will nerf my staying power quite a bit.

hehe same rade

BombShell
13-10-03, 06:22
a vary few know who my pe is. i dont say who he is. but may hav fault me or not. i mostly work mb and pp. and random areas. but i havnt killed anyone for some time.