PDA

View Full Version : Oh no

Flea
12-10-03, 02:53
Well, after numerous rerolls and continuing to make charecters that I am unhappy with, I decided to reroll again and try again, only to try to log on, then get started and finding that I dont want to spend 40 hours levelling again, I dont want to spend time getting good slots, I dont want to have to farm rares all over again. This game has lost its fun with levelling. It just takes to damn long, I dont really know what the point of this post was, but I cant believe I finally lost interest in Neocron after a year and a half of constant play :(

KimmyG
12-10-03, 03:33
Neocron is the easiest game to lvl in. My friend can lvl a char to rare use in 2 days

ezza
12-10-03, 03:50
Originally posted by KimmyG
Neocron is the easiest game to lvl in. My friend can lvl a char to rare use in 2 days

not everyone wants to spend hours and hours leveling up

Zanathos
12-10-03, 04:29
if all you play for is an hour... depending on what you do, you can get maybe 2 mill xp from warbots (if you dont hack them, more)

or maybe you go to one of the xp places like el farid or the cave or whatever.

If you play for an hour, later on in your characters life, you wont get very much xp for the time. But really, it all depends on what you do and what you kill.

Mankind
12-10-03, 04:29
Hah.

Neocron IS so much easier to level in than Mu.

Max lvl 350 - Mu

Average time per level after level 25 - 1 hour :)

so from lvl 25-350...expect to level once an hour :)

...Neocron?

I capped a PE's dex, str, and int in under a week. Psi took another day and con will never cap :p

Ryuben
12-10-03, 04:30
starting from scratch is alot different from starting with friends to help you

BIG difference, maybe he can use rares but unless he has farmed seriously he won't have any rares to use or little cash, on the other servers it always takes me about a month to get established where i have cash in my pocket a few apt's and a rare in hand, yet if i re-rolled on pluto give me a week to cap, hell i capped my last char in 2 weeks with little PPU support *shrugs* a big difference between lvling and getting good shit to go with the lvls

greploco
12-10-03, 04:42
the 4 char servers keep me going

variety is the spice of life and since I don't have to delete the other chars they can help out with the new one a bit

ezza
12-10-03, 10:20
Originally posted by Mankind
Hah.

Neocron IS so much easier to level in than Mu.

Max lvl 350 - Mu

Average time per level after level 25 - 1 hour :)

so from lvl 25-350...expect to level once an hour :)

...Neocron?

I capped a PE's dex, str, and int in under a week. Psi took another day and con will never cap :p

MU is ment to be a level fest, neocron isnt.

and if it is, i want all the cool drops you get from games like MU and Diablo

Mankind
12-10-03, 10:25
Originally posted by ezza
MU is ment to be a level fest, neocron isnt.

and if it is, i want all the cool drops you get from games like MU and Diablo

I said Mu IS harder to level than Neocron.

Mr Button
12-10-03, 11:36
If you are bored :confused: levelling, start reading neochronicle & taking part in the story of the game - KK are making more effort than other MMORPGS to put in a storyline.
Don't forget ALL mmorpgs make ppl level - its the main progression part of the game.

ezza
12-10-03, 12:32
Originally posted by Mankind
I said Mu IS harder to level than Neocron.

yeah and im saying that is all MU us, neocron isnt just about leveling, so its shouldnt be heard, it was more fun leveling when you could kill mobs quick

Syntax-Error
12-10-03, 14:21
I descovered something

Ultima Online.. as i constantly claim (after 4 years) got it about as right as you could get it. was fun no matter what. hell we hunted for the fun of hunting. not just to level.

But i know why leveling chars wasnt dull as **** now

Even the low level mobs were fun. no rat exterminating. its was streight into the bigger stuff (undead tbh) . and at first i couldnt work out how we managed.. untill i realised. there was no req's on weapons. the only thing skill changed was how effective you could use it. so instead of using crap you could use good stuff badly . lol...

i dunno UO was just pure fun. Untill after about 9-10 years now. its been fucked up by the company selling fully capped chars. the community is fucked and the new features are crap.

Archeus
12-10-03, 14:50
If you have played for a while then you will find that levelling is easier and faster.

Apart from loot, get friends and you know good levelling spots.

Also custom your character before it even enters the game so as to use the high level stuff. I've done that a couple of times and it vastly sped up my levelling.

Or do what I normally do, level until level 20 (which you can do in a few hours) then just play the game as normal. Sure you don't cap, but it makes the game more challaging.