PDA

View Full Version : Mutants, Playable?

Clive tombstone
11-10-03, 23:52
OK, this is a simple yes or no question, should MUtants be a playable race/class? Personally I think it would add to the atmosphere of the game, Kinda like this" Dud dont be haten!" "Fooo I Pitty the Fool who Hates mutants" (Swatbots enter room) "Sh** its the fuz! Cheese it!"

If you dont understand A thing I just said, Dont feel bad, Im kinda in my own world right now :wtf: :wtf: :D .

But serious, Id love to see mutants playable, I just hope that others would too. ID be the first 65/65 aggy ever!

nonamebrandeggs
12-10-03, 00:02
Ye-uh dawg, keep dis shit on da down low though, some pale faced cats might be up to dun shit no good in the hood ya know what I'm sayin?

Opar
12-10-03, 00:05
Yo' is sw33t at dis gh3770 talk, pimp idea dawg!

Spencer Leone
12-10-03, 00:07
Huzzah for Mutants!

Noname you got MSN messanger?

Rieper
12-10-03, 00:15
CHEEEEEEEEEEESE IT! THE PIGS FOUND US!

Mr Friendly
12-10-03, 00:22
lol
i would definently be one :) id go pretend to be a mob & pk :p

Mantus
12-10-03, 00:23
Are you nuts! They should all be eradicated! To think that some one would actually wana be a mutant. KoS!

nonamebrandeggs
12-10-03, 00:28
Originally posted by Spencer Leone
Huzzah for Mutants!

Noname you got MSN messanger?

nonamebrandegg5@hotmail.com but I gtg right away so I can't talk.

Clive tombstone
12-10-03, 00:40
Heres one of my favorites (youll know this one if you watch Family guy ;) )
Mutant in ken car gets pulled over by copbot on hover cycle
Mutant; eueugh is there a problem officer?
Copbot; sir ohh its a mutant :speaks into radio: suspect has stolen vehicle
Mutant; hey this is my car
copbot; speaks into radio :, suspect is resisting arrest!
mutant; What the f***
Copbot; :copbot falls over: "copbot yells into radio"Officer Down!
2 seconds later group of twelve copbots apear

Just anouther case of the MAN appressin the different people!

"swapbots break into Clive's room" Uhh... Cheese it!

Lanigav
12-10-03, 01:29
PSI monks are mutants in their own way, so we already have playable muties. :D

I think it'd be pretty cool to play a mutant mutie though. I'd muchly prefer a type of mutant that isn't so....decayed though.

Clive tombstone
12-10-03, 03:31
What mutants ARNT decayed. thats like asking for barbed wire to be made of icecream(as lame as this statement was true :p).

But your right, the mutant race would need to have BOTH arms not weaponized (IE AGi arms) and be somewhat "intact" , but that could be possible with different clothing setting (IE one shirt would have part f his lungs exposed or somthing :eek: ) You know all the sick stuff yo would see in a morg or resident evil:D

the kinda stats would be that there not very intelegent but they excell In DEX str, but there con is low as well, but there Psi cap is a little higher than a PE's (maybe 40:confused: ) dont know, this is comming from a person who hasnt played a single class besides PE.

Ohh well, i hear the Swap bots outside again, and last time they didnt fix my broken door soo...
"copbot breaks in" Freeze Muti!
Damnit Carl, wrong house again!, Phread lives next door!
"copbot carl" My bad, :jumps through window
(underbreath) F***in copbots, Ill be ready next time "pats new 5 slot pain easer::cool:"

Mr Button
12-10-03, 11:08
Sounds like fun to me, but they'd have to be especially unique with special qualities to be worth playing. Think of something super special & I'll all for it.

Mebbe we should be able to play random monsters whenever we feel like it too:p

Olay Phtang

KramerTheWeird
12-10-03, 11:20
Well mutants are runners that mutated through drugs, such as spirula, and radiation or experiments done by crahn or such. Therefore, there are even psi monk mutants (acolytes, preachers), or gentank deformities such as aggressors and butchies. Since they were segregated they were forced to breed with only theirselves which let the deformities become hereditary I think..

Special abilties could include:

-rapid health regeneration naturally
-berserk rages were they can increase combat power by lowering defense

Thundra
12-10-03, 11:44
there should be a mutant faction and it should have no allies at all. Be an interesting faction to be in.

dr.fish
12-10-03, 12:07
i'd definitaly be a grim right out of mb that kill all the nOObs on their first ride to MB :)
or right out the tg chaos cave to kill all the runners when they come out and have poison armor :)

naimex
12-10-03, 13:48
Well mutants are runners that mutated through drugs

ARRGH !!! I´M BECOMING A MUTIEE !!!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!

greendonkeyuk
12-10-03, 14:37
i like the idea of it, but the problem is, where would they level? and how would ingame npc mutants react to them? would they attack them or not. Would you have mutant clerics etc, would they be able to drive cars and hack warbots and all that stuff?

Im more thinking about how would the Noob mutants level than high end ones, i guess theres all those beggar sewers with the humans in and stuff but surely they wouldnt be allowed anywhere near plaza, via rosso or pepper park districts? Well perhaps pepper park once the copbots are gone. Im guessing soullight wouldnt be a problem for em either, but would they have the same weapons as everyone else? or perhaps their own brand of weapons.... i think maybe someone should fix melee first. A whole wave of mutants-runners swarming out of a sewer to nail a few runners with their bats n meat cleavers would be a hoot. We could re-enact night of the living dead neocron style!

Dont get me wrong i love the idea but theres a whole bunch of stuff that would need doing to bring them properly into the game. Also i think theyd need one ally. Not sure who, but one of the factions should be allied to them. Perhaps proto or crahn.....

t0tt3
12-10-03, 14:46
hehehehe well all cyberpunk things has muties as regual runners look at blade runner :rolleyes:

So why cant there be a mutie faction? PE = mutie :D

Marx
12-10-03, 18:22
http://dirtynuke.net/mutie.JPG

Jest
13-10-03, 09:33
I knew Marx would post that... haha.

Personally, I don't think there necessarily needs to be a Mutant class, but it would be cool to just use the already existing classes and give each one the possibility of Mutantism. Adding various negatives and positives to having the disease.

Richard Slade
13-10-03, 09:47
I go with Jest on this one
Gives us diseases! BWHAHAHA!
[Add sexual jokes and other stupid "sick" jokes of choice here]

vashtyphoon78
29-04-05, 05:20
i think that if you were a mutie char that there should be a whole notha faction..just fo teh muties :lol:

System
29-04-05, 05:53
They should add another char slot on each server just for being a mutant. That would be the shit. Be one of those flame mutants and gank a noob LMFAO shit would be funny as hell

Inchenzo
29-04-05, 05:56
Would be cool to play a mutant, if this would ever happen, then i think we'll need a "on-the-fly" text mutifier, so that everything you type, get's garbled to some sort of mutant-speak :D

Clive tombstone
29-04-05, 07:56
Holy SH** its my ol thread, hope this doesnt get in trouble... but since its such a great idea hehe, raise the roof :D

naimex
29-04-05, 09:25
ARRGH !!! I´M BECOMING A MUTIEE !!!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!

Was that my only comment to this thread????

I´m so ashamed of myself..

Yes, I think mutants should be playable..

but I don´t think it will happen.

EDIT: holy shit ! its from 2003...

I was still in the army back then 8|

Superbron
29-04-05, 12:20
Yeah! Introduce mutants as a playable class!

Capt. Rik
29-04-05, 13:47
wow - so many people i remember *sniff*

Erm... ya - add mutants, starting base in Regents Fortress

naimex
29-04-05, 14:55
Regents Fortress

*cough* Regants Legacy *cough*

Obsidian X
29-04-05, 15:00
What a massive bumpage (didn't see before I voted). And yes, definitely. I had some ideas for the mutant faction on another thread somewhere.

vashtyphoon78
29-04-05, 15:56
Brainort it, Clive!

Capt. Rik
29-04-05, 16:39
*cough* Regants Legacy *cough*

yeah... that's what I meant :p

Kozmos
29-04-05, 16:53
I thought threads got archived after a year :lol:

Im not really sure how to implement mutants tho so meh this idea's a bit moot to me...

zii
01-05-05, 19:14
[Haven 't read rghe whole thread...]

We should role play this one. Have a situation when you do a certain set of unrelated missions/epics in a certain order, then your char gets ill and turns into a mutant. Curable if you complete certain other missions, of course.