PDA

View Full Version : G.P.S ... check it out

Dead Bodies
11-10-03, 20:22
Me and some clannies wer pondering about G.P.S wouldnt it be cool for the zone .. like it would be like a hack tool but it opens up to a litle clear scren and gives u gps for the whole zone you are in to mobs players cars outposts gr's wouldnt that be awsome and u would have to do some kind of serch and rescue run to get it wouldnt that be cool of course u cant run and use it you have to stop and pull it out and you cant move till u put it away ... humm thinka bout it i like it

naimex
11-10-03, 20:24
could be kinda cool... but a tool like that.. were talking rare equipment int 100+ with some weird subskill dunno which.. but its gotta be big too..

IMHO that is..

Dead Bodies
11-10-03, 20:26
i can understand hi skill lvl but not to scew the player on any extreme subskill points all players should be ablt to use it could have batteries for it too cost like 50k each somethign cool

Shadow Dancer
11-10-03, 20:28
It should be spy only.

Doc Holliday
11-10-03, 20:30
another spy weapon. int reqs tech reqs dependent on hack skill poss as most spies have a hi hack skill for ops and thats it. shame really cos it should be more viable as a hacker for trade.

Op fight. one side has ppu other has better position plus vehicles. fuck the ppu we will bomb the shit out of all of u with large scale ordinance cos we know where u are. ( guys get the bloody hover bombers in game :D )

Dead Bodies
11-10-03, 20:30
but spy's already have so much cloke snipeign with scopes and then gps they would be seeming to a bounty hunter type would hint peole down then ...

naimex
11-10-03, 20:31
imagine the advantage/exploit it could be for PvP if everyone could use it..

low lvl char minding own business in zone..

high lvl clan defending OP
high lvl clan attacking OP

attackers get info on all defenders and their positions from the low lvl char..

bam.. the droner aint safe.. you can see which way is easiest to attack.. but if you make it a high lvl rare tool.. then they have to sacrifice one of their own to use the tool..

this might sound like gibberish, but thats just because i dont know how to explain it in an understandable way.. :/

Doc Holliday
11-10-03, 20:33
they gotta do something. and imagine the class as they are. very intelligent. stealthy. clever sneaky bastards. your typical assassin. he clan plot where the enemy is. where hes going. then he stealths and takes u out.

OMG OMG OMG NERF TEH SPIES!!!!1111 er no bring it on. spies would be nice to play. interesting. and u would see more at ops or pitched battles.

Dead Bodies
11-10-03, 20:33
i understand but it woudnt be an exploit because everyone would have it so all would have the equal skill

Judge
11-10-03, 20:36
For a spys only would be great :D

Lethys
11-10-03, 20:37
How about having different levels of it?

For example:

Level 1 - Shows location of people in zone, but doesn't name the people or show their clan/faction. Also doesn't detect stealthers.
Level 2 - Gives name of each person and shows faction through color-coding (like on the world-map)
Level 3 - Same as level 2, but can detect stealthers (and mobs?).

PEs should just about be able to use Level 1.

Requirements should be:
Level 1 - Int 65, T-C 80
Level 2 - Int 80, T-C 95
Level 3 - Int 95, T-C 110

Matthew.v.smith
11-10-03, 20:45
Very nice idea.

This is sounds like it should be a pure Spy Item but PEs can use lvl 1 anyway (like stealth)

I can already picture it.

Hmmm scan the wastes for us matt.

Ok

(first u have to perform a short hack to start up the G.P.S) ok done i see 4 TT and about 1 BD in cajun.

Nice 1 matt.

LOL

Lethys idea about the different variations Totally Pwns j00

Matty:)

naimex
11-10-03, 20:47
ye, i think lethy got them divided up good..

GJ M8 :)

Matthew.v.smith
11-10-03, 20:47
And also.

U should only be able to see the positions of people as soon as u scan then u just see different marks or dots where they Were
but u cannot see them moving only where they were when u first scanned.

That prevents unfairness.

And also u should alow it too maybe Cool down for 30 seconds after use before u can start it up again (like a hacked OP)

Matty:angel:

Shadow Dancer
11-10-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
And also.

U should only be able to see the positions of people as soon as u scan then u just see different marks or dots where they Were
but u cannot see them moving only where they were when u first scanned.

That prevents unfairness.

It also prevents usefulness.

Dead Bodies
22-12-05, 20:09
any new comments?

Skusty
22-12-05, 20:12
Lol! This thread is from 2003!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dead Bodies
22-12-05, 20:17
Whats wrong with bring up an old subject i think its still a GREAT idea!

Matthew.v.smith
22-12-05, 20:20
Jesus, in 2003 I was 15, 2 years subscription to a thread anyone? :P

M.

Argent
22-12-05, 20:21
Whats wrong with bring up an old subject i think its still a GREAT idea!

It's against the forum rules. Simple.

Dead Bodies
22-12-05, 20:23
Why is it against the rules this subject was NOT closed NOT banned it just never got a nother reply for 2years why not bring it up its just like making a NEW post but i diddnt re type it

Argent
22-12-05, 20:34
Why is it against the rules this subject was NOT closed NOT banned it just never got a nother reply for 2years why not bring it up its just like making a NEW post but i diddnt re type it

"Do not bump up topics that are not on the first page of the forum unless you have new and substantive information to include."

"Any new comments?" Is pretty damn far from 'substantive information'. Oh well, it's up to the mods now.

Dead Bodies
22-12-05, 20:40
lol why does it have to be bumping it up it was in my archives i read it and i rember it i wanted to get new opions on it now that we are two years ahaid and then maby get some new gamemaster prospective anything jesus im not trying to make cudos for myself im not going to argue about this anymore only topic talk.....

Yes the gps i think would still be awsome , like i posted origonaly make it look like a small hack tool with mini screene difrent color dots for CHAR mobs GR go gu's and lanmarks a special skill would be required or a specail quest/skill make it operatble to all classes. Would RE DEFINE the word "HUNTING" :)

Lodar
22-12-05, 21:14
Bumping only causes confusion among the forums. If you want to re-hash this idea, please make a new thread, and feel free to link back to this one as a reference. Thanks.

Thread Closed.