PDA

View Full Version : Racism on Uranus

Rieper
11-10-03, 19:13
Theres been an increasing amount of racism towards germans. Our clan (=SSC=) has a few germans, but its predominantly US/UK. I understand that some people get pissed off when they die, especially to what they think are unfair tactics or numbers but why the fuck are you calling my clanmembers ************s? how low can you stoop? Not the first time either.. and im pretty sure that the screenies have to come from more than one person to prove it. This attitude is not just to our clan, i've seen it aimed at the German alliance.

can we not have a word filter ingame for ooc insults? can people moderate ingame forums? not smack talk, just the stuff that goes over the top.

y544tji
11-10-03, 19:18
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - if you wanted to be banned, why didn't you just say so? ]

SigmaDraconis
11-10-03, 19:18
fuck a world filter..any normal human being should be able to follow a simple rule voluntarily..if they cant they shoudlnt be allowed to play the game..id just have yur guys keep theirs eyes open and fingers on the F12 keys. Sad when people get so 'personal' with a game, but i guess we have only the canadians to blame for this....

(yes...it was a joke)

Rieper
11-10-03, 19:20
y544tji, i hope you get banned. Oh, and im not German.

Marx
11-10-03, 19:21
Originally posted by y544tji
[ edited ]

Yeah, thats a ban right there.

[ also edited ]

dumbass.

alig
11-10-03, 19:28
Cough....nidhogg u removed his post but not his post quoted :p

Cruzbroker
11-10-03, 19:30
Wish we could meet them IRL ..

Nidhogg
11-10-03, 19:34
Originally posted by alig
Cough....nidhogg u removed his post but not his post quoted :p It can take about 10 minutes to process a ban and I always do that first thing. The quotes get cleared up afterwards.

N

Archeus
11-10-03, 19:51
Originally posted by Rieper
can we not have a word filter ingame for ooc insults? can people moderate ingame forums? not smack talk, just the stuff that goes over the top.

You have. It's called the ignore option. Seriously, if that is all they can spout off put them on ignore.

Worked exceptionally well in AC, don't see why it can't here.

Mind you if I was a GM and say someone saying that stuff I'd ban them.

KidWithStick
11-10-03, 19:58
yea, a member of pluto was recently banned for saying racial slurs.

Keiron
11-10-03, 20:30
Originally posted by Nidhogg
It can take about 10 minutes to process a ban
ROFFLES, thats what I call being pwn3d.

greendonkeyuk
11-10-03, 20:32
This attitude is not just to our clan, i've seen it aimed at the German alliance.

Thats jus the funniest shit ive ever read in my life man. Racism sucks. However the way you mention the german alliance when everyone else (inc ssc) is tryin to deny there is one.......... thanks reaps youve made my weekend.

Judge
11-10-03, 20:34
They should be banned, nothing gives them the right to be racist.

Keiron
11-10-03, 20:40
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
However the way you mention the german alliance when everyone else (inc ssc) is tryin to deny there is one.......... thanks reaps youve made my weekend.
Could you at least try to keep clan flames out of the fourms? There seriously is no "uber German allience of KOS'ing doom!" I'm not even sure =SSC= has "true" allies (thats somehting QD/somone higher ranking would know exactly).

juvestar15
11-10-03, 20:42
Take a screenshot and send it to abuse.

It's funny you know, all this "racism". One of two things are happening.

1.) No one reports racism.
2.) There is one or two people being racisit.

The way you word your post Rieper, it is like the whole server is racist. :rolleyes:

Not the first time either.. and im pretty sure that the screenies have to come from more than one person to prove it. This attitude is not just to our clan, i've seen it aimed at the German alliance.

What a predicament we have on our hands.
For months now there has been this big discussion about the "German alliance". I have seen your clan defend this strongly, saying there is none. I still believe there isn't one, it's just a way to refer to a certain group of allied clans. So now you are caught in a funny situation. Should i do the obvious and scream at you "IT'S NOT A GERMAN ALLIANCE!!!!1111111"? Do i need to do that? Or will your own clan members do it for me? They seem to have been doing to their enemies alot(me), but will they do it to their own(you)?

:lol: :lol::D

Rieper
11-10-03, 20:43
im sick of having to type 'the so called' beforehand. Im not denying theres an alliance between TG,FA and TS, but to claim its because of the nationality.. ffs

Anyway, thats all im saying on that. Please dont clutter up the thread.

and im not implying we have a racist server, i see ti happen on this server, but because most of my time is spent on it. Im just saying that i believe it has become more prevalent recently. i think the emergence of the so called (its getting boring) german alliance hasnt helped at all.

Thane
11-10-03, 20:48
imo the prob is the unability of some people to speak more than one language, and their curiosity.

therefor, as soon someone speaks a language the person doesn't understand, he a) wants to know what has been said (even tho no one actually ever talked about or with him) and b) starts to hate the person for speakin in a language he doesn't get....

well... imo the solution is quite simple, if you can't get it, its in 99,9999999999999999999999% not meant to be for your ears anyway.....

well, and the fact that maybe 50% of the "international server" players are too **** to understand that a big city has more than one spoken language :)

anyway, ifi wanna speak in german, i usually do so, if i wanna speak in english, i do so too, fuck those idiots with their whining and cursing.... i neither care about them, nor do i need em :)
so, hello ignore function :)
(and if everything else fails, RM is STILL german, usually they do not react too nice when it comes to rasism and other bullshit..... go ahead, mail em :p )

Marx
11-10-03, 20:49
[ Banned - 3 days ]

bah, I got banned for a week for using the term '************'

:mad:

As for the problem on uranus, its sad that people are anti-german when its germans that brought this game into being. Talk about hypocritical.

I DUN LIKE TEH GERMANZ - BUT I PLAY DER GAME!!1

Just points out people are stupid.

Rieper
11-10-03, 20:51
Originally posted by Marx
bah, I got banned for a week for using the term '************'

:mad:

As for the problem on uranus, its sad that people are anti-german when its germans that brought this game into being. Talk about hypocritical.

I DUN LIKE TEH GERMANZ - BUT I PLAY DER GAME!!1

Just points out people are stupid.

its not a lot of people, but they are there. And they're the ones who dont like germans even being on the server (owned by germans, run by germans and called the international server) because they're german. :rolleyes:

greendonkeyuk
11-10-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Keiron
Could you at least try to keep clan flames out of the fourms? There seriously is no "uber German allience of KOS'ing doom!" I'm not even sure =SSC= has "true" allies (thats somehting QD/somone higher ranking would know exactly).

Youre makin a noose for your own throat there fella. Re-read the post, its not a clan-bash when it says everyone else. It implies a majority without mentioning names, however SSC was only mentioned in lieu of the fact that J.Rieper is a high ranking member of ssc. You on the other hand do not appear to have a full grasping of the facts and you are jumping to an incorrect conclusion in an effort to defend your clan from a non existant threat. as you rightly said, youre not even sure. if youre not sure then dont speak.

Mankind
11-10-03, 20:55
My question is why is there a German alliance? I always hear about how German's feel they are being mistreated and being called racist names. Isn't it racist against all other races to make an alliance of only German clan members against everyone else? To me they are just itching for people to hate them anyway.

El Barto
11-10-03, 21:05
I don't play on uranus so don't know about it, but its very sad if it does happen, also I don't think it should be blocked, people should take a screen shot of it and get the player banned, this I think will stop it as well. I personaly think banning is better than blocking, but due to the lack of players playing NC now, maybe the blocking is better than the banning. Which ever happens, hope it stops and fast.

Style
11-10-03, 21:08
if someone called me a ************ i be like so fuck what? how can you people take this stuff to heart. its a online game for gods sake

Tazo
11-10-03, 21:31
Originally posted by Mankind
Isn't it racist against all other races to make an alliance of only German clan members against everyone else?
yes it is, IF the alliance is BASED on nationality. it is racist if its "be a german and you can join, dont be a german and youre an enemy". but thats not how it is. its "we are friends, so we make an alliance... its just that most of us (not all) happen to be german".

alig
11-10-03, 22:09
No actually.....us UK/US are'nt so god damn touchy......The ammount of times on uranus ive been asked this question,

random person - "Wanna join my clan?"

me - "Well are you a pv....."

random person *interupts* - "Are u german?"

me - "Nope english...."

random person - "Ahh im only looking for german people, Sorry"

*What i should say* me - "Your loss....and dont be racist, twat!"

But do i say it....DO I.....Nope....o_O

Rieper
11-10-03, 22:36
No actually.....us UK/US are'nt so god damn touchy......The ammount of times on uranus ive been asked this question,

me - "Nope english...."

The only possible reason could be if clan chats all german.. but thats still racism.. and unnaceptable in my eyes. However thers a difference between that and racial slurs.

oh and anyone who doesnt want you in there clan is missing out a a skilled pvper ali : its

Rieper
11-10-03, 22:36

me - "Nope english...."

The only possible reason could be if clan chats all german.. but thats still racism.. and unnaceptable in my eyes. However thers a difference between that and racial slurs.

oh and anyone who doesnt want you in there clan is missing out a a skilled pvper ali :D its their loss :)

Mankind
11-10-03, 22:44
Originally posted by Tazo
yes it is, IF the alliance is BASED on nationality. it is racist if its "be a german and you can join, dont be a german and youre an enemy". but thats not how it is. its "we are friends, so we make an alliance... its just that most of us (not all) happen to be german".

Yeah I agree. In a game I previously played, there was a Korean alliance formed against the U.S. players. They were upset that we got to play their game, because it originated in South Korea where the main development team was. When the English version came out, they hopped on over to the server in California, raised hell, made an army to kill all english players, and finally were defeated by all of the server for being such jackasses.

Rizzy
11-10-03, 23:31
I remember asking to join a clan way back last year on saturn and was told it was for germans only. Now I know there are launguage barriers and stuff but it can be done, new dawn have had like 10 different nationalities in our clan before.

Syntax-Error
12-10-03, 00:06
Iam sorry but people are allowed to accept whoever they want into a clan. ive often made clans in game. (not NC) that ive said UK people only. this is because of many things from language to time zones. but frankly. if they only want germans. so what? aslong as they dont start making it a racist clan . its the same with anti-gay lesbian. just as bad as racism.

XaNToR
12-10-03, 00:26
i dont see the point in this argument......

"the german ally" contains also english people..... Sure we prefer people who can speak german because we mainly speak german.....it doesnt make sence when someone doesnt understand anything....

Mighty Max
12-10-03, 00:32
I know that this 4 letter word is more commonly used in the english speaking background. I have heard it several times now used like b*tch, *ssh*le and so on.

But it is, and this has to be carried out to those using it, the [b]ABSOLUTE WORST[b] thing you can call a German. Let it out of neocron.

I myself react very alergic against the use of it.

Agnt
12-10-03, 00:48
I can understand that some ppls get mad for nationallity things... i never forget the fight in saturn when our 5 guys were takeing op from german clan who had 8 guys on... suddenly few other german clans showed up with total of 40 man :p

But thats not a compliement or racism... things are different now, that thing was 4 weeks after uk retail hit the market. Sure there still is old backstab and gm theories in saturn, but this is wrong thread to discuss about it.

Anyways for an word filter... err u on crack? even planetside doesnt have a word filter(well, it has but you can turn it off). If you cant control what your saying ingame, then you shouldnt play online game. If i cant sex dead bodies anymore because of the word filter, im gonna quit :)

L0KI
12-10-03, 00:52
Racism only exists because people force it to exist.

Is it racist to look a foreigner in the eyes when walkin down a street?

NO. Then why does it feel so fuckin awkward.

Keep the racism out of the fuckin game, and threads like this only make the situation worse.

Mods, if u have sense, u will close this thread.

Mighty Max
12-10-03, 00:55
Sorry LOKI, but thats BS.
Looking away has cost millions of ppl the life.

We have to show ppl where the tolerance ends.

KimmyG
12-10-03, 01:51
My feeling on ingame remarks are the same as always. You maybe need take a look at the situation if you just pked them, they are probably really pissed and are venting some air and probably may say somethings that are entirely unlike them and that they may regret latter.

How hard is it to follow a simple rule preety hard maybe there are trying to get somewhere and have been killed numerous times getting there. Maybe they were cheaped out. Who knows.

I say if it really bothers you use the ignore feature. But thats just my opinion. I really dont want to see this game lose players cause of a few lapses in judgement.

Rieper
12-10-03, 01:57
Originally posted by L0KI
Racism only exists because people force it to exist.

Keep the racism out of the fuckin game, and threads like this only make the situation worse.

Mods, if u have sense, u will close this thread.

?
Racism exists because people fear things that are different. I honestly don't notice colour, its not the first thing i notice about anyone. I don't feel akward lookng anyone in the eye, though why i'd be staring at peple when i walk down the street i dunno o_O

And why close this thread? people should never tolerate racism or sexism.. discrimination for those sort of reasons is completely wrong imho.

Why is this making this worse? why should we tolerate it, turn a blind eye to it. That makes it acceptable. Let me state that this is not a major epidemic, this is a very small amount of people who are being racists. People forget that avatars represent real people, and they hide behind their screens saying stuff they could never get away with in public. Well put a stop to it here, let them realize that it isnt acceptable anywhere.

When i said world filter, i only meant for racial slurs. it shoudnt show up, and it should be registered on their account. If it happens too often, then they should be investigated.

KimmyG
12-10-03, 02:01
There are many differn't reasons that cause racsisim and that is only one.

And I for one dont think someone you makes a 1 racsist remark makes them a racsist.

.hack//sign
12-10-03, 02:17
y do people have to be like that,it makes no sense:(

Tazo
12-10-03, 02:44
Yeah I agree. In a game I previously played, there was a Korean alliance formed against the U.S. players. They were upset that we got to play their game, because it originated in South Korea where the main development team was. When the English version came out, they hopped on over to the server in California, raised hell, made an army to kill all english players, and finally were defeated by all of the server for being such jackasses.
yeah, stuff like this happens in MMORPGs... but thats not what happens on uranus atm

Style
12-10-03, 04:36
then why even bring this thread up and then talking about discrimnation? you are making discrimination just by posting this stupid thread by putting people into a catogory

we all know racism is in this world, but why fucking bring it up?

you guys are just to fucking sensitive, grow up. and be happy you didnt get jumped in the street

if it is not true then why take it to heart is what im saying, like someone calling me a faggot, i know it aint true so i just laugh. dont make me come here on this forum and bring this subject up making such a big deal about it

if you have a problem send a message to KK, instead of stirring shit up

Mankind
12-10-03, 04:47
Originally posted by Style
if it is not true then why take it to heart is what im saying, like someone calling me a faggot, i know it aint true so i just laugh. dont make me come here on this forum and bring this subject up making such a big deal about it

Exactly. I've been called "gay", "faggot", "homo", "pussy"..you name it ingame but I never bring it to the forums and never really think much of it. It's just someone blowing off steam. The real racists out there make REAL LIFE clans and organizations against people. And if ever a group of Klu Klux Klan members run into a black person in an empty street, you can be very sure they would do more than call them a "******************" (not to be offensive but just pointing out the word they would use).

QuantumDelta
12-10-03, 05:03
50% of the reason I'm hardly logging in anymore.

"The German Alliance" is a few clans, who are mainly german but have many english and other nationality members in them.

SSC are friendly with this group, and therefore one of our highest level players, who IS German but almost ALWAYS speaks english (unless asked to translate) even to other germans most of the time, got called a ************ by someone just because we're affiliated with uTs/RDZ/Synchs/Cadaver.

uTs nor Synchs really even produced this situation, the german alliance is a nice concept formed by the original ronins as a way of propaganda against the crew, basically it stuck in the minds of people who were affiliated with the original ronins.
Since in the end the server was entirely split one way or the other (with SSC doing their best to remain neutral in that course of events, even though talking to ONE of the "alliance" clans about an alliance).

SSC or, at least, myself, still regard ourselves allied to LP.
We have never, and probably will never sign a deal with Synchs, or RDZ, however uTs in their TG form also agreed an alliance with SSC when they became partners with LP.

When uTs went TS SSC tried to seperate themselves again from the whole political group.
What basically happened was a few clans pushed SSCs buttons not allowing them neutrality, calling me things like ************, manipulator, yelling out bull like QDocron, etc.
I've had this crap too.
I have given up defending myself of it, and soon if it keeps up I am seriously considering quitting, because of a bunch of delinquent children on Uranus who don't seem to be able to conduct themselves as if it they were playing an adult game that they are.

So SSC ended up back in the barrel with uTs etc.

We have now been attacked by every english/american clan on the server very nearly.
The prosecution, is almost entirely, one way.
English on German, though the Germans are not exactly innocent of the situation entirely.

I for one am fed up, fang knows how I feel and so do some of the others that matter/used to matter to me.
Simply put, some of the people that play this game seem to just be turning into "The Mob" pitch forks and god damn torches on their stupid little witch hunts.

"The German Alliance" although abused by many people being called stupid names and other examples of complete immaturity and things that....if done in reality would probably get you sent to a shrink (Yes I'm calling you people mentally ill, seek HELP God help any germans you find in a group in reality because I certainly don't want to mediate that fight), are normally quite reasonable and if someone would go over and talk to them they would probably be able to work something out.

But ya know what?
None of the english side give a shit, they don't care, they just want blood, a big UT2K3 Neocron match in the sky.

It's pathetic.

juvestar15
12-10-03, 06:19
QD you cease to amaze me. Ronins must of REALLY pissed you off.

Funny thing you know, you were never allied with uts/LP when Ronins were around. You never committed to a side, fear of losing.

Once Ronins were outta the way and there was no competition you jumped ship in a flash.

Now the reason why you and your clan deny this "German Alliance" is because you hide behind them. They are the ONLY reason you hold the OPs you do. So it's only natural that you stick up for them.

A perfect example of the BS on Uranus: TJ (TG clan) came back to the server after months of being absent. What did they do?? Start attacking Crahn with uts and syncs.

Explain that one please.

QuantumDelta
12-10-03, 06:29
Beyond certain individuals, I'm not fond of TJ.

PM - Froggiesup qd ^^

just got to respond to all ur posts about thie once and for all

-----------------------------------
QUANTUMDELTA
My oppinions of ronins changed when neofrog tricked some of my clanmates into taking mcpherson while I wasn't around knowing full well uTs were going to come crashing the party a little later, Ronins offered support because they wanted =SSC= to back them up militarily in the way.
------------------------------------

1 )))
it started with this
hivemind / ingmar bonesteel informed me about the new suddently hostility from SSC and gaved me a link to ur forum i read ur hole forum.. and it was there in black and white that =SSC= would join the lp and uTs in the war against Ronins

and some SSC friends said the same thing that it had been alot of discussions about attacking ronins with LP and uTs

so the fact was: =SSC= should join our enemies and go against us that would result in that out enemies growed in strenght..

2 ))) so we tock mcpherson from LP / UTS and handed it over to =SSC= fast before LP / UTS understod who tock it, LP / UTS beated the crap out of =SSC= when they found out that =SSC= had their OP, and as planned =SSC= asked for help and sure we came.
we killed all LP / UTS and gaved it over =SSC= hack it and we stayed hole night to show that we were really helping

so it stopped =SSC= from stabbing us in the back sry m8 but it was =SSC= who were gona stabb us not the other way around even that u keeps saying that... but dude this is history now ^^

High lighted the bit I love.

SSC were neutral with both sides, yet he calls it stabbing him in the back.
We had an open announced democratic vote on the SSC Forums to whether we should ally with LP (LP Only) Of the Fallen Angels and support them in OP Defences (Not offences nor KoSes) and have them support us in OP Defences.

*Shrugs*
Yeap, Ronins did more than enough to piss me off, thank you.
Certain other clans seem to be going the same way since the few good people are losing their interest and/or influence.

An' ya know what after all that? I don't actually hate.
Just feel hurt, and used, and I'm never even on neocron people still call me the user and the abuser.
That's what's been biting me.
Pathetic little kids that play games in their heads and fool themselves into believing something that's not there.

SSC Still hold ops as you put it due to some loyalties and friendships that still exist, dispite the best efforts of a few dickheads to destroy them.
Will you kindly leave me alone.

Spoon
12-10-03, 06:35
Originally posted by Mighty Max
Looking away has cost millions of ppl the life.

We have to show ppl where the tolerance ends.

You, my friend, seem to stand a little taller than most men....

Well spoken....

juvestar15
12-10-03, 06:52
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Pathetic little kids that play games in their heads and fool themselves into believing something that's not there.

Now that is the funniest quote ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cyphor
12-10-03, 06:59
Originally posted by Style
then why even bring this thread up and then talking about discrimnation? you are making discrimination just by posting this stupid thread by putting people into a catogory

we all know racism is in this world, but why fucking bring it up?

you guys are just to fucking sensitive, grow up. and be happy you didnt get jumped in the street

if you have a problem send a message to KK, instead of stirring shit up

Problems like this have to be brought up. Racism is a serious issue that should not be allowed in any sector of society. Racists should be named shamed and banned imo. If not KK and the community are seen to condone it.
Saying it happens in anger is no excuse. If in anger you use those comments in real life you can land yourself in lots of bother both legally and socially, furthermore anger is no excuse for subjecting people to derogatory abuse.
Perhalps some people can take it with tounge in cheek, however there are alot of people who are offended and there is alot of minors who are at a stage in their lives where they are easily led, its is KKs responsibility to the community to prevent them from being subjected to such material.
Racism is not accepted in any shape or form in society, those who commit the offence need to be punnished. Fortunatly KK know this as they are a responsible company so if abuse is dished out people should just take screenies and the players wont be around much longer ;) perhalps then they can learn from their mistakes....

KimmyG
12-10-03, 08:03
God why dont you all stop crying and grow up, He called me a ************ boo hoo. Say good for me laugh at the person slap them on ignore and forget it.

Some of you sit here and say anger or frustration is no excuse yet I know exaclty what happens when some of you so called fine and upstanding players get pked I have tons of screens of after pk comments and if I was lame enough to report them and some profanity and racsist remarks were insta ban this game would be preety empty.

Carbonite
12-10-03, 09:00
Well in the end its better to complain to Abuse@neocron.com then to come to the boards.... Nothing will happen by taking it here thats for sure..

Cass
12-10-03, 09:35
Theres been an increasing amount of racism towards germans.

I didn't realize that Germany was it's own race.

But seriously.

The only way they'd know you were German is if you constantly spoke German on the server.

Uranus's OFFICIAL LANGUAGE is ENGLISH.

I get peeved when people speak German (or any other language for that matter) on English servers. On buddy, team, or directs I have no problem, but when there's a bunch of jibberish filling up my chat screen in Plaza1 I get pissed.

I think it's just plain rude, and this is why I don't go to the German or French servers and start talking English. Because that would be rude.

So just talk English on English servers and no one would ever have a problem. You could be from the moon and no one would give a shit.

Mankind
12-10-03, 10:01
Originally posted by Cyphor
Perhalps some people can take it with tounge in cheek, however there are alot of people who are offended and there is alot of minors who are at a stage in their lives where they are easily led, its is KKs responsibility to the community to prevent them from being subjected to such material.

The game is meant for a mature audience. And KK does a good job of preventing such racism. You got proof, you got help. You don't? Well you better get some. That's the way KK works as do most GMs.

Mr Button
12-10-03, 10:24
I'm with mankind on this one - it is a state of mind, so thanks KK for having a tolerence line - there has to be one. So when ppl like style finally ( I hope ) realise a clan called say, the kiddie fiddlers clan is actually not acceptable, you'll realise a line exists, & if the line exists, it also includes ( or excludes ) racism. ( with the possible exception of welsh ppl and Man United fans :D ( joke , well only kidding for taffs anyways :)

I've joined the thread late , but it's still out of order for some things like racism.

As for speaking different languages? Learn a few more yerself for gods sake ! Try having a few beers in any cafe in europe for once in your life and learn to be more tolerent.

There's only one thing pissing me off more than "speak english on this server" and thats chrs begging for money in plaza 1 - either set up copbots to shoot beggers on sight :rolleyes: :rolleyes: or introduce NPC chrs to chase runners & shout "BIG ISSUE" every 30 seconds ( and have millions of the beggers )

L0KI
12-10-03, 10:34
?
Racism exists because people fear things that are different. I honestly don't notice colour, its not the first thing i notice about anyone. I don't feel akward lookng anyone in the eye, though why i'd be staring at peple when i walk down the street i dunno o_O

And why close this thread? people should never tolerate racism or sexism.. discrimination for those sort of reasons is completely wrong imho.

Why is this making this worse? why should we tolerate it, turn a blind eye to it. That makes it acceptable. Let me state that this is not a major epidemic, this is a very small amount of people who are being racists. People forget that avatars represent real people, and they hide behind their screens saying stuff they could never get away with in public. Well put a stop to it here, let them realize that it isnt acceptable anywhere.

When i said world filter, i only meant for racial slurs. it shoudnt show up, and it should be registered on their account. If it happens too often, then they should be investigated.

I think many people missed my point. Im a philosophy student. My apologies for not going into enough detail.

msdong
12-10-03, 10:55
... Isn't it racist against all other races to make an alliance of only German clan members against everyone else? To me they are just itching for people to hate them anyway.
it would be if there was an alliance. but its only several clans working together because of their spoken language.
its not that only these stick together and dont care a bout the rest of the game. i dont think anyone out of these ppl ever say hey you are my faction but i dont want to help you because u cant talk german and so you are not in your alliance"

there is no cure for all this and all that talk will never gone on a international server as long as there is no ORDER from KK that public channes have to be english spoken. but i dont think they ever do and it would remove the feeling of a mega city.

me - "Nope english...."

its just because he wants german "talkin" or at least understanding players.
this is real hard. in the beginning of R2K we had some english talkin players in our clan but i think it wa real hard for them. we used to talk english as much as possible but a lot of ppl default to german on clan becaus its HARD for them to talk another language all the time.
i think we can have english players again in our clan but they allways have to live with the different languageand i think in the end we will lose them to their own clan or an english talkin clan. (infiltration :))

one more EDIT:

I get peeved when people speak German (or any other language for that matter) on English servers. On buddy, team, or directs I have no problem, but when there's a bunch of jibberish filling up my chat screen in Plaza1 I get pissed.

ahh not that again. instead of solving the probling by using TOLERANCE we just build a big wall :) yeh cool that worked all the time in history. so you think KK should make uranus a ENGLISH server and put all the GERMAN talkin ppl or ppl that dont care what language is spoken on the other :) please think before talkin about jupiter as a german server ... its one char only.

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-10-03, 11:36
this thread in itself is a political nature. there is no politics allowed on the forum. I don't like racism in any form or fasion, but still anyone here can go on for ages preaching their own agenda. German this, UK that, USA this and so on, it all boils down to the fact that we are different. big fucking whoop, ppl need to get over it, and like rabbi said, threads like this only incite more thinking. if you ignore racism it will go away, if you feed the fire no matter good intention or bad, it will stay.

just ignore it plz ;)

LTA
12-10-03, 12:05
Sick of ssc slating of the Ronins at every opportunity, we had our day and we were powerfull within it.
What beat us was Ultimatley a German alliance, wheather it was created through racism, hatred towards us, hatred towards neo, friedships whatever i don't care it was an alliance of German clans which basically resulted in half the server against all 12 activer pvping ronins.

I don't go around saying ssc suck n all this but you can just fcuk of dissing Ronins, our leader was a war person and very mouthy about it. So he could, he was skilled enough to do it, in the end we had to fight most the server because of it and only 3/4 clans that helped us out.
Soon as we started taking hits ppl ran of to the other side, we lost eventually, we took it and continued but now all i see is you QD slating us of.... but at the end of the day it took one heck of a number of ppl to quash us.

As for the German Alliance, it's a group of friends whatever yeah, i call it the alliance because that's what it is, i ain't racist towards Germans because my Grandma is german, so that would be urr silly.
I have seen two sides and it's not always us English who's at fault but at the same time its not always the germans..... tbh half the time ppl on the servers from all countries are just as bad each other.

Rieper
12-10-03, 12:09
Originally posted by Cass
I didn't realize that Germany was it's own race.

But seriously.

The only way they'd know you were German is if you constantly spoke German on the server.

I think it's just plain rude, and this is why I don't go to the German or French servers and start talking English. Because that would be rude.

So just talk English on English servers and no one would ever have a problem. You could be from the moon and no one would give a shit.

courtesy of dictionary.com
race1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rs)
n.
A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

You didnt know Germans were a race? well now you do.
Uranus is an international server, with the official language being english. This means the game itself is in english, it doesnt mean people arent allowed to speak german o_O There are people on Venus and Jupiter who mainly speak english, and only speak german when they have to.

As long as when they talk to me they do so in english (i don't understand german) then why should i stop them speaking German at other times?

If they spam, then block them, because spam in any language is annoying. But if its just a solitary line of german (and often accompanied by a translation, theres no use limiting yourself when you're trying to sell) whats the problem?

Doc Holliday
12-10-03, 14:47
well. what can i say. what a load of bollocks from 2 senior ssc members on what appears to me to be 2 seperate issues.

Reiper why did u even bother starting the thread? yes people can be racists but people can also call u gay. do u start a thread about the homophobia or is this in light of the fact that theres a german dominance on the uranus server that alot of people dont like, simply because they are ruining the server in my opinion as every op fight turns into a gang rape of as many "german" clans they can bring to bear on u. Gone are the days of op fights that where fun to go to where numbers could be roughly equal. Gone is the fun sometimes of pvp where people cant accept being beaten by superior skill rather than numbers ( theres a distinct lack of this going off. its all about armies these days. )

To Qd it was me that made the term qdacron and i actually do think of it like that. U seem so hell bent on this neutrality stance above all else what everyone wants to see is if u can actually grow some balls and stand up for yourself militarily. U make pacts and u hide behind the " so-called " alliance and people have to look and laugh. ssc has its ops just as stated earlier in the thread. because of your little alliances. not for respect or anything. to me in face of the current dominance of the server and the dealings u have with the major german clan(s) has shown that =SSC= has really declined in stature in my eyes. i used to respect the clan the ideas even if i didnt agree but the more i hear the more i have to laugh and it comes from inside and out of your clan too. Kieron is the example by jumping on a post by greendonkey and then proceeding to hang himself with it.

What alot of people would like to see is SSC make a stance one way or another cos the neutrality just isnt cutting it anymore. The lies and the bullshit that floats about just isnt cutting it. I would like to see u guys actually have to defend " YOUR " ops sometime instead of taking jerico off of a 40 man clan with 4 online like u did then when loads of people come after u for it u call in the " so called " german alliance but try and bluff us all saying u only called one runner. That my friend is laughable. it was a cheap shot and i think it showed alot of disrespect to the people u said it to. Now if u aint logging in much anymore then shame but its your game. How ever the expression comes to mind " You made your bed. Now go sleep in it "

ichinin
12-10-03, 14:48
Originally posted by L0KI

I'm from Sweden, we have alot of different forigners from different parts of the world up here, i like having lots of different babes to choose from. Having just blondes are boring.

And this is really a nationality question, and as for nationalities ingame; they are exinct: UK, Germany and United States was all incinerated by the kerolin missiles from China. So FSCK nationality. The only powers that are left are the factions.

(Am i the only one who have read the intro?)

Archeus
12-10-03, 15:08
German Alliance? hardly :D

Wait until the Koreans get into the game.. it will be EU vs Asia then :p (and they have more numbers).

LTA
12-10-03, 15:14
Originally posted by Archeus
German Alliance? hardly :D

Wait until the Koreans get into the game.. it will be EU vs Asia then :p (and they have more numbers).

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

:D

Cyphor
12-10-03, 15:32
Originally posted by KimmyG
Some of you sit here and say anger or frustration is no excuse yet I know exaclty what happens when some of you so called fine and upstanding players get pked I have tons of screens of after pk comments and if I was lame enough to report them and some profanity and racsist remarks were insta ban this game would be preety empty.

When someone is beaten then fair enough get angry and vent it, use profanity. But what does someone's origin or race have to do with them beating you? Why bring that into it? If you knew they were of tthe same ethnic origins as yoursef would they et the same abuse? No, thats why anger at being beat is no excuse.

The game is meant for a mature audience. And KK does a good job of preventing such racism. You got proof, you got help. You don't? Well you better get some. That's the way KK works as do most GMs.

I agree completely, thats why i said the best solution is to report it and let kk deal with the offenders.

Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
this thread in itself is a political nature. there is no politics allowed on the forum.

I agree that this thread has detracted from the point and should be down to the mods to decide if to close, or try to get it back on track.
The point of the thread imo was to highlight that racism is happening on uranus and using it as a reason to sugest a word filter to prevent certain words from being used in game. On that note id say its a good idea as long as kk dont go overboard in their restrictions and keep the filter to purely racist remarks

Tazo
12-10-03, 16:04
another thing:

"JOIN MY CLAN, UK PEOPLE ONLY!!!" <--- nobody cares
"JOIN MY CLAN, GERMANS ONLY!!!" <--- WTF ************S

Gotterdammerung
12-10-03, 16:36
Theres too many names and clan monikers being tossed about in this thread, too much confusion about what does and what does not define what a "race" is. The easiest solution is if you feel strongly that you are the victim of some sort of racial abuse/stereotyping/name calling/slander take a screenshot if you can and send as much information to Abuse@neocron.com