PDA

View Full Version : Loot ratio???

Phiberdelic
11-10-03, 13:18
I've been hunting WB for most of the night and accumulated 58 good parts from WB mainly rares and the occational VCH 10 or high imp and was noticing a pattern or maybe just a great coincidence for me.

Went to J_02 where its nice and empty and fairly constant spawn rate for WB. Seemed that the longer the kill was from the time of actual spawn plus the amt of time to hack with amt of extra hack connections (these are the ones over the designated password lenth) equals better loot. So I decided to tinker around with it a bit.

A:)Taking on 3 WB that spawned at near the same time and killing and getting each health to near nothing, w/ only 1 or 2 hits left to kill to try and get them all to die at the same time. Kill all 3 within 10 mins and go for first hack...get 3 or more over conections, and damn near every time I got 2-3 rare parts and a decent secondary (VCH 10, 9 or lvl3 &4 imp)...wait 60* secs and hack next getting 1-2 rare parts and possibly 1 secondary...wait 60 more sec and hack last one and maybe get 1 rare or 1 secondary. I tried this several times with 3 WB at a pop changing times and hack connections.

B:)If I let the new spawn sit for 10 mins and then proceed with simultaneous kill then connections over 3 the loot ratio dropped with the first getting 1-2 and maybe secondary...2nd getting 1 rare and maybe 1 secondary...and last mainly junk no higher than VCH8 or possibly 1 secdary like VCH 9, rifleye3.

C:)Then I tried the fast spawn/kill but with lower hack connections keeping at 2 over or less and the loot was as in "B"

D:)Then 20 min wait/kill/high connection hack and loot as in "B" also.

E:)More fast spawn kills/high connections and loot as in "A"

F:)Let time between spawn and start of kill lapse for 10 minutes, then kill/hack....and loot equals randomness leaning more towards no good loot/midly moderate secondary/occational rare

*aprox time values

So to me it seemed that the ratio was KillTime (from spawn to finished hack) : hack bonus connection>2 = More/Better Loot
Do any other solo hackers or APU/hack teams wanna try this out, maybe we'll crack this thing ... or maybe it was just a very nice coincidence (and a profitable one for me tonight)....Any thoughts?

DarkPhoenix
11-10-03, 13:50
Maybe, but I just think its the boosted drops with the last patch. :)

*ph33r*
11-10-03, 14:11
Just been out WB hunting, and one warbot dropped 5 parts! <3 you KK :D

Lanigav
11-10-03, 14:32
I think they may have increased the tech part drops all around, which pleases me to no end. My tech part drought finally ended two days ago when I managed to get 4 at Gaya Mine (with a friend who also got 4), and then 10 the next day at Cycrow (soloing). 9 of the parts were unadulterated shit with only 3 really good ones, but I was still very pleased.

If they didn't raise it, then something must've happened to finally lift my horrible curse, which works for me too.

Birkoff
11-10-03, 14:39
Just got 11 parts off 8 Warbots.. YaY for me...

Judge
11-10-03, 14:44
I have noticed that drop rates do appear to be up.

KRIMINAL99
11-10-03, 16:38
If you wanted to reverse engineer a game like this to get formulas for stuff like that you would need a computer program specifically designed to do that. Your subconsious mind doesnt provide precise enough output (hunch intuition etc) and you cant consider all the possible factors at once and compute them etc. in your consious mind.

Doc Holliday
11-10-03, 20:27
just be happy they dropping nicely. incidentally. the other night hacking....... 3 bots dead. started each one after the first was killed and hacked. 6 rares. i was jumping for joy. solo kills too with a /45 pistol pe. great fun and something out of it.

So why fuck about tryin to work out mathematical ratios when u can get on and actually have some fun.

i think the words GEEK!!!! spring to mind