PDA

View Full Version : Parashock replacement

superfresh
11-10-03, 06:20
Ok so a lot of folks are disgruntled about parashock. I think it would kill the PPU class if you just removed it - the PPU would be screwed every time they ran into a decent APU. And what a lot of people are forgetting is, if you yank parashock, you've taken away PPUs' only defense in those situations - a character with no attack that specializes in defense has a spell cast on them that disables their defenses. In that case there might as well be a spell that disables other characters from pulling out a gun. If you remove parashock, I'm sure players will see way fewer PPU's out there. This may be fine, but don't forget what that will be like, all of you pure APU's out there. How many pure APU's can march into a fight without a PPU? How many think they'll have one around if parashock is yanked? A nerf to the PPU like this will indirectly nerf the APU's. I think there are plenty of PE's, tanks, and stealthing spies that can survive ok without a PPU when not up against one. The PPU is an APU's nurse. Of course this might be what NC needs - ditch the PPU altogether so players and particular situations don't have such a dependance on them as is the case now...

Replacing parashock has been a promising idea - give them stealth or something. Personally I think removing parashock would mean you'd have to either ditch anti-buff or replace shock with "anti-attack" or something else.

Here's the point of the thread: Most RPG and even a lot of FPS games have this skill/ability: Would it be possible and/or acceptable if PPU's got teleport? Would be kinda cool...

Anyway, this post is meant to be about what a good compensation would be to the PPU in the event that Parashock is eliminated. I think there clearly would have to be something. I'm fantasizing about teleport. :)

KidWithStick
11-10-03, 06:27
sorry, but ive never seen a PPU by himself, going 1v1 on another class...to me that alone would prove theres somthing wrong, if a class that is suppose to be completly passive can KILL another player, there is somthing wrong.

it would NOT kill the PPU class to completely remove that damn spell. i got a PPU, and NEVER use it. i dont need it, and i have NEVER seen a PPU use that spell as defence to run away.

if they wont to make it a spell that is made so the PPU can run away, then they should replace it with a spell that can make the PPU go cloaked for a certain amount of time. this way if your at an OP war and all your teamates die, the PPU can cast cloak and run and hide for a minute till he can think of what to do.

this spell would be much more passive, and IMO alot more better for the class...simply let it take the place of paraspam by giving it the exact same req. and i also think that any PPU out there who would say no to this idea strickly use paraspam as an offencive weapon, to completely inmobolize you so your a sitting duck, which requires no skill of any kind, and only drags this game deeper into its grave.

superfresh
11-10-03, 06:30
Eh, so you like the teleport idea? Or prefer stealth?

Anyway, I get stuck in 1 on 1 situations all the time now, with the Genrep restrictions. Trying to get to OP wars, hunting zones, etc.

Was recently waiting on some friends where the Scorpion Queen supposedly spawns. A good crew from an enemy faction showed up loaded with monks. I got antibuffed, and in return parashocked, and was able to run away. Without parashock, I would always be the plaything of APU's unless I was constantly chained to other players.

superfresh
11-10-03, 06:35
Mod plz delete this whenever convenient

deac
11-10-03, 07:34
no apu can ever kill a decent ppu its that simple...

If you die to an apu alone then you need to take a long hard look into the mirror...

Original monk
11-10-03, 09:23
small parashock story: yesterday i was in PP with my PPU monk standing around when a capped PE runs to me and starts shooting me with hes liberator, so i cast a heal on myself wich saves my life. He keeps hitting me so i parashock em 1 time and he runs away, i walk outside and he starts directing me: go away please you are ruining all my fun, youre inbalanced, parashock is for noobs etc etc. Now my question is: he's hitting me like crazy, i almost died, he OBVIOUSLY tried to kill me... I hit em one time with a freeze and then i am ruining he's game ? He would of ruinined my game if he would kill me yeah :P so i dont think that that 1 freeze was so dangerous, its not like he died or sumthing :) . Thats it, yust to say that people like to exagurate and over-react once freezed or DBed 1 time: pussy's, first they wonna kill you and they think there the mastermonkbusters but once freezed (1 time lol) they go directing you to leave cause you ruin all the fun :P weird people

edit: ontopic: like suggested in some threads back (go look around i didnt post it): mirrordamagespell: you get hit and the attacker gets damage the more he hits you :)

Archeus
11-10-03, 10:24
For monsters maybe leave para alone, then for players have the para cause drug effects (both screen + movement).

The player can still fight back, but at a reduced mode which is the point of the para.

superfresh
11-10-03, 11:25
Eh. This was about replacing parashock. I don't want to see it done, but if it happens? Teleport? Cool? no?

superfresh
11-10-03, 11:30
Originally posted by deac

If you die to an apu alone then you need to take a long hard look into the mirror...

I agree. The situation would be different without parashock though. An APU anti-buffs the PPU, then what? That would be like taking medkits away from an APU and creating a PPU spell that keeps them from casting aggressive spells. I'd also like to see an APU in a PvP situation without a PPU. Ever see an unbuffed APU take some hits from a speed gat?

Sanch0s
11-10-03, 11:45
Parashock ruins the game, it ruins the point of the game for ppl who want to hunt and pvp solo.
quoted from the neocron box
"ideal for playing in teams, clans or alone"

Atm you cant do anything alone its pathetic, especially since the removed hybrids, but back to parashock.
As soon as your parashocked u might as well just lof off because your sure you will die even with good resists when u move that slow your gonna get ganked. It ruins pvp and ppus never use it for self defense because theyve got all the defence they need, holy shelters, deflectors and heals. Its impossible for 1 on 1 with a ppu for the ppu to die unless a apu can antibuff, but then pus should be able to die and parashock wouldent affect that.
Most ppus die when multiple people are atatcking them and again parashock has no use here.
All para is used for is for ATTACKING because they para pppl then let their team mates of fellow clan members all lay into that person whos crawling away!

Remove parashock kk look how many ppl hate it and you should listen to us as your game is dying!

Sanch0s
11-10-03, 11:49
And original, thats not what happened

That pe got parad and dmg boosted by you so your tank friend angeldust b4 could gank him.
Only because that tank couldent beat a pe you had to parashock him so that you could kill the pe, tell me honestly did you feel like you was going to die to a libberator pe??

And you ruining the game because people want to fight without 1 person being frozen and the other running about, ppus cant die, and its fair enough that they can buff other ppl making them as uber as ppus, why do they need their oppenets shocked and to be running at 2 mph??

Sanch0s
11-10-03, 11:50
And it wasnt 1 ime it was ever time he went into pp and got ur little n00b tank friend to try gank him.

L0KI
11-10-03, 12:22
Originally posted by deac

True dat... ;)

fatwreck
11-10-03, 17:40
Originally posted by KidWithStick
sorry, but ive never seen a PPU by himself, going 1v1 on another class

soul clusters is one way, but ive taken out tanks, monks, pe's and spys on my ppu with my rifle :p

QuantumDelta
11-10-03, 17:43
Sure, PPUs can, but if their opponent is intelligent they wont die.

They more than likely wont win either, but they wont die.

*Sigh*
As for Original ~ Yes, I know how you feel, sad isn't it?