PDA

View Full Version : Get a new publisher now

Whiety Bulger
11-10-03, 04:20
CDV are just plain terrible at marketing period if you wanna pimp NC in asia then u gotta get a more heavy wight publisher. You cant let CDV push you around anymore.
http://www.neocrononline.com/images/news/cdv_kk2.jpg

-FN-
11-10-03, 04:51
Don't quite get the whole imagery...

but yeah, ffs KK, get on the damn ball already and find a good publisher. How freaking long are you gonna milk the "we need to find a publisher" excuse?

nova
11-10-03, 04:52
its a outhouse

Shadow Dancer
11-10-03, 05:01
Originally posted by -FN-
How freaking long are you gonna milk the "we need to find a publisher" excuse?

I'd like to know that as well.

Alex Mars
11-10-03, 05:28
Well, to be fair, negotiations for something like this take a lot of time. A business deal is a complex interaction where boths sides are trying to gain the most advantageous position. This game has been out about a year ago or so? When did they start shopping for a new publisher? I wouldn't be surprised if it took a year from the time they started looking to get the deal done.

Has Reakktor made any announcements on the state of the deal?

Keiron
11-10-03, 05:31
Originally posted by Alex Mars
Has Reakktor made any announcements on the state of the deal?
From what we have been told, they can't. The deal is behind closed doors untill it goes thru saddly. Would be nice thou

Alex Mars
11-10-03, 06:19
Then given the realities of business, whining about the publisher situation is pretty pointless. There is no way to magically get a publisher "now".

{MD}GeistDamnit
11-10-03, 06:48
Originally posted by -FN-
Don't quite get the whole imagery...

but yeah, ffs KK, get on the damn ball already and find a good publisher. How freaking long are you gonna milk the "we need to find a publisher" excuse?

uhh cdv's outhouse is above kk's. so basiclly cdv is shitting on them is what he ment.

and no publisher worth it's rice is gonna get behind nc :D

they stuck with cdv :lol:

KidWithStick
11-10-03, 06:55
Originally posted by nova
its a outhouse

its a 2 story outhouse at that...

wonder what its like for the person on the bottem when someones going in the top one...:wtf:

Martin J. Schwiezer
11-10-03, 07:29
Originally posted by Keiron
From what we have been told, they can't. The deal is behind closed doors untill it goes thru saddly. Would be nice thou That's in fact... the truth. I cannot talk about it, but I promise that we're heavily on it. Once thing's are done and agreed on, they'll be announced the same day. Plus a couple of other important announcements which we need to hold back until we have a solid base for our future partnerships.

...Sorry :(

G.0.D.
11-10-03, 07:31
onoz! martins sad...
this might chear him up,

http://g0dsoft.com/monkeyarmourz.jpg

Hippieman
11-10-03, 08:09
I'll be damned its MJS, guess he does care after all. Since your on the boards I gots a couple questions for you. 1. Is it true theres only one coder right now? 2. If 1 is no how many are there? 3. Do you plan on hiring more coders? and 4. Do you still have that 3 star LE n00b tank Drakkhan?

-FN-
11-10-03, 08:18
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
I cannot talk about it, but I promise that we're heavily on it.

I don't know why 'corporate' minds don't seem to get this, but this line is exactly what we want. It's trivial, and probably meaningless to you, but just that reassurance is worth a ton. As paying customers, "we're working on it" messages are great, and the higher the frequency, the better.

Thank you :)

RayBob
11-10-03, 08:33
Originally posted by RayBob
I think communication is so important; I can't stress this enough. If I ran a MMORPG I would talk to my customers every week.

I think maybe they don't like being criticized so they prefer to say nothing. They should grow some thicker skin and just talk to us. Forum accounts are linked to game accounts so if somone is rude they could just spawn a few dozen Y-Reps in the flamers apt. :lol:

I think they forget how important they are to us. A tiny little comment from KK is always appreciated.

Ray

athon
11-10-03, 09:37
That's in fact... the truth. I cannot talk about it, but I promise that we're heavily on it. Once thing's are done and agreed on, they'll be announced the same day. Plus a couple of other important announcements which we need to hold back until we have a solid base for our future partnerships.

THANK YOU MJS :D

I kind of agree on the point that KK don't talk to us enough. What ever happened to the IRC Q&A sessions that someone started doing a while back? I know they were only with GMs and forum mods and not like MJS or the devs, but they were better than nothing.

Athon Solo

Wannabe
11-10-03, 11:03
Pssst. take a look who is publishing BREED.

** hint: it starts with Charlie, has Delta between and ends in Vertigo **

// Wannabe

FirestarXL
11-10-03, 13:14
That's in fact... the truth. I cannot talk about it, but I promise that we're heavily on it. Once thing's are done and agreed on, they'll be announced the same day. Plus a couple of other important announcements which we need to hold back until we have a solid base for our future partnerships.

It's 'im!

Well, good to hear you haven't given up on us yet, :D the silence has been deafening.

Dribble Joy
11-10-03, 13:57
My god, he is alive :D

Cheers mush, keep at it.

Mighty Max
11-10-03, 14:45
ends in Vertigo **

Its Victor :p

Vampire222
11-10-03, 14:46
lets all call nintendo....

Whiety Bulger
11-10-03, 15:58
All the posters of this board should form the Board Spaming Neocron Pimping corpatation and have MJS hire us as publishers....He can pay us in patchs :)

Martin J. Schwiezer
11-10-03, 17:05
Originally posted by Hippieman
1. Is it true theres only one coder right now? 2. If 1 is no how many are there? 3. Do you plan on hiring more coders? and 4. Do you still have that 3 star LE n00b tank Drakkhan?

1.: No, that's bullshit.

2.: 3 coders work on the Neocron source atm.

3.: If the ongoing negotiations come to a positive end, KK will heavily grow. The exact number of new staff members has not been set yet.

4.: Yes, but he's on Pluto :)

Psycho_Soldier
11-10-03, 17:08

3.: If the ongoing negotiations come to a positive end, KK will heavily grow. The exact number of new staff members has not been set yet.

............ Finally it has been commented on.

Marx
11-10-03, 17:09

YAY!!!!

Nice to see that you're still alive MJS.

:D

*any ETA on a new publisher/DOY release?

Marzola
11-10-03, 17:11

He speaks!!! And he comes bearing answers!!! Finally some info on what's going on :D

Martin J. Schwiezer
11-10-03, 17:28
And before new rumors arise: These 3 guys are the programmers, not the WHOLE staff. If you count in all the employees, contract-based freelancers, guys who do an internship at KK etc. you get a total of more than 20 people. Since the launch of the development of NC, this has pretty much ALWAYS been the number of people working at KK.

So all the rumors about KK laying off people due to financial issues are utter bullshit. In fact, monetary wise KK has never done better than it does right now. This also puts us into a very relaxed and strong position towards our new potential partners.

I hope this squishes a few of the rumors that float around in the community.

QuantumDelta
11-10-03, 17:35
Thank you...

I should also probably say, sorry.

At least I'm grateful for the activity from you the last two days.. heh..
So, My appologies.

Ryuben
11-10-03, 17:39
And before new rumors arise: These 3 guys are the programmers, not the WHOLE staff. If you count in all the employees, contract-based freelancers, guys who do an internship at KK etc. you get a total of more than 20 people. Since the launch of the development of NC, this has pretty much ALWAYS been the number of people working at KK.

So all the rumors about KK laying off people due to financial issues are utter bullshit. In fact, monetary wise KK has never done better than it does right now. This also puts us into a very relaxed and strong position towards our new potential partners.

yay ty for the info MJS ;)
and this also means that we can look forward to a shed loads of
new players after the new release, as company with money= advertising
= more people playing !!!

:edit:
also of course he is on the pluto server quality always bands together ;) even QD came over hinch and 9 :D

PLUTO is where its at !

<("<) <( " )> (>")> (happy dance :D)

Style
11-10-03, 17:53
any word on neptune MJS? or is this one the announcements yet to be made after you have a new publisher? :)

sparrowtm
11-10-03, 18:02

I'm so happy I could cry. Ugh .. sounds sad. No, I won't cry. I will be strong. I will survive. ;) Rated it 5-stars so all the 24/7 naggers notice this thread.

Keiron
11-10-03, 18:04
Consider them pwn3d... hybrid nerf style8|

Vince Kyzar
11-10-03, 18:14
great to see that pms help sometimes

good news, all the best for KK's future.

KK growing = NC getting better

Spy<VS>Spy
11-10-03, 19:21
see the thing is, you havnt learned enough neogerman to understand what marty is saying. however using my leet 160 skill Banter skill i shall translate it for you.

(Of course not.)

(we have only one that knows what they are doing and 2 to get coffee and cigerettes.)

(I've been offered a job at a bigger and better company and those people under me havnt been decided yet but most likely wont come from Reakktor.)

4.: Yes, but he's on Pluto
(To give spy<<VS>>Spy greif, i also have many smaller accounts to annoy people, because it gives them purpose.)

and

(Basicly, three people is all we pay yearly, very hansomly might i add because for some reason you idiots keep giving us money every month hoping for a product we NEVER have to come out. when you tally up all the low end fan boys and janitors its more than 20 people. no one stays with us long but there are always more *** kissers that volenteer to do the work, even if they dont know what they are doing. Oh, and if you keep talking about this, nidhog will ban you.)

(Again, if you keep talking about this, Nid WILL ban you from our forum. we are doing splendidly well, because neocron isnt costing us a god damn dime for development costs, and its not like we advertise. because nid bans all those who speak against the games really terribly problems, most of you keep playing while remaining ignorent...oh and if you talk about this, you will be banned.)

(I hope this scares you into thinking i closely watch every post you make, and you will be banned if you dont like the game, because our new publisher might scoop out the community forums to see what the players think of this game, and we dont want any 'i'm leaving threads' or negitive responces so the publisher will find out the game is slowly crossing the point of no return.)

Alright, maybe i kinda, fudged in, a few of the translation. but martins a good sport right? he knows i'm only fooling...right? martin...marty? what are you doing with nid's hammer?

oh my god!

:eek:

-transmission terminated-

Marx
11-10-03, 19:23
Why so negetive Spy?

o_O

Spy<VS>Spy
11-10-03, 19:25
its a desease you get from over dousing on neocrack.

Nidhogg
11-10-03, 19:38
I'm going to leave that post intact as testament to your state of mind, Spy. If you have a problem with the game then don't play it. If you have a problem with a moderator then please email helpdesk@neocron.com and make a complaint.

N

Spy<VS>Spy
11-10-03, 19:47
you just want me to write to that hoping i will get stephan bast and i will kill myself.

but thank you. i appreciate your assistance.

Oath
11-10-03, 19:50
RAWR.....................Mjs...........i......mean..........sir...........its great to hear from you again.......

And btw

Rumours = PWNED MOFUSKA!!!!!!

Thanks for posting and letting us know.

All thats left now....

is to say.=,

POST MORE OFTEN DAMMIT, rumours can be squished earlier than this, but, again thanks for posting.

And spy, there are so many things i want to say, but they all result in an instant ban.

athon
11-10-03, 20:46

YAY! Communication pwnz!

Athon Solo

jernau
11-10-03, 21:13
Thanks Martin. Even that small contribution is the best thing KK have done in months by some margin.

You have some insanely dedicated people (players and supporters) here trying to make this game work. All we ask is honesty and open-ness. OK, maybe not all we ask but it's top of most people's lists.

Nice to see you around again. :)

@spy - stfu please. Nothing gets better when KK won't talk so don't make them regret it when they finally do.

Vampire222
11-10-03, 21:40
spy, you is a very negative spy.... stop thinking in 8 bit :P

Kenjuten
11-10-03, 21:48
...Seems a lot of you didn't catch Spy's ending sentences. xD

EDIT: Actually...make that all of you. :p

Style
11-10-03, 21:56
i seen spy make good points in the past, and he know whats good for this game, and what makes it fun. all you people telling him to stfu, why dont you stfu for dissin his opinion

everyone is entitled

Kenjuten
11-10-03, 22:00
Actually, it isn't even a matter of Spy's opinion, it was all a joke. Course, that still makes it his opinion in the eyes of others, but that ain't my problem :D Course, Spy himself can say it wasn't his real opinion or that it was his real opinion. Until then, I guess people will think what they want to think. :)

Shujin
11-10-03, 22:02
we should make a shrine to MJS in NC ;]

we love u mjs ;O we want ur body!! :O

*slowly puts head down ;[.....
;P

anyway ;D thx for clearin stuff up i didnt think there was only 1 coder ;/ thought that'd b a bit stupid ;]

Judge
11-10-03, 22:03

Dude, you have no idea how amazingly cool that info makes the community feel. You should say stuff like that more often.

Please. :D

phunqe
11-10-03, 22:11
Originally posted by Style
i seen spy make good points in the past, and he know whats good for this game, and what makes it fun. all you people telling him to stfu, why dont you stfu for dissin his opinion

everyone is entitled

So the best way to express "what's good for the game", is to constantly do it with loads of sarcasm and offending statements?

Excuse me for not embracing that vision.

jernau
11-10-03, 22:22
Originally posted by Style

everyone is entitled

I'm not "dissin" his opinion. :rolleyes:

I'm saying there's a time and place for comments like that, however they are meant to be taken, and that IMO it's not here and now.

Martin and KK need to be encouraged to talk to the community and turning every thread they post in into a joke will hardly encourage that.

Spy<VS>Spy
11-10-03, 22:30
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Actually, it isn't even a matter of Spy's opinion, it was all a joke. Course, that still makes it his opinion in the eyes of others, but that ain't my problem :D Course, Spy himself can say it wasn't his real opinion or that it was his real opinion. Until then, I guess people will think what they want to think. :)

quite true, put the truth may never be known. :)

the GM's are in a habit of saying, 'well if you dont like it, why do you play?' did you know that even when you cancel your account an automated mail is sent to you, making apology's to see you go and inquires the nature of your cancled subscription to be sent to them so they can better understand the issues of their customers.

I find it pretty amusing that the actually staff is the complete oppisite of this curtisy. instead of asking, why did you leave...its more often, 'why DONT you leave.'

Its not that i hate neocron, its that i have issues with some aspects of neocron. you can think of me what ya will, sometimes i joke, sometimes i am not.

*edit quite right TB, there are times for it, and there are not times for it. but then, i belive many posts have been made on the 'what now issue' i also belive, i have started several threads on it...i belive that got deleted or something. i view his responce, as damage control...more as a public service. and thats the thing, i DONT want to encorage these kinds of responces, i WANT martin to post more...but not here...not like this...not defending his ass and others. pave new roads man, you are the leader of the community...talk to US...not to someone one. that makes me feel much better as a gamer...it makes me feel they have a plan, that they are listening, that they are responding to the GAME.

Kenjuten
11-10-03, 23:07
@ phunqe: No, of course it isn't the best way. But no way is the best way for anyone or everyone. It's what's best for the self.

Anyway, we're WAY off-topic...what was this thread about in the first place? O_o

phunqe
11-10-03, 23:11
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Anyway, we're WAY off-topic...what was this thread about in the first place? O_o

I think something like this:

MJS! If I were a girl I would... errr.... hmm... ah screw it... *hugs MJS*

icarium
12-10-03, 01:04
he could be saying that to keep you all quiet

:o

fuck the system and all that jazz :p

Netphreak
12-10-03, 03:05
Well i must say, MJS actually commucating with us and all the work Callash and CoDi are doing really is helping the community.
Hope the new publisher works out the game really needs that help right now.

Also hope you implement the weapon changes that Lupus has put forward.

Again nice to hear from you and keep it up!

Moofausa
12-10-03, 03:07
Doy aint coming out! its a hoax to keep people playing!

Whiety Bulger
12-10-03, 03:10
DOY is like Polybius.

Shujin
12-10-03, 03:19
MJS, i know you cant tell is in detail about publishering stuff but

can you tell us how far into discussions you are, and how far until the predicted end of discussions

jernau
12-10-03, 04:35
Originally posted by Whiety Bulger
DOY is like Polybius.

The ancient Greek historian?
In what way?

Shujin
12-10-03, 07:09
Originally posted by jernau
The ancient Greek historian?
In what way? haha wrong refrense there guy ;P

hes talkin bout a hoax game console that was supposed to fuck ppl's heads and the government made it for some shit blah blah jus look it up:rolleyes:

RayBob
12-10-03, 07:31
Man, this is great. We are actually having a conversation with KK.

Keep it up, Martin.

SilentGravity
12-10-03, 07:38
Is it true that one of the programmers only comes in once a week and he is the only one that knows how to program the Terminal files, and that is his only job?

Shujin
12-10-03, 08:19
Originally posted by SilentGravity
Is it true that one of the programmers only comes in once a week and he is the only one that knows how to program the Terminal files, and that is his only job? the terminal files... umm dude any programer could do that.... trust me alot of ppl know how to program the terminal files..... thats one of the reasons they added the file checker

SilentGravity
12-10-03, 10:30
Originally posted by Shujin
the terminal files... umm dude any programer could do that.... trust me alot of ppl know how to program the terminal files..... thats one of the reasons they added the file checker

They edit terminal files, they dont code how the Terminal files "interact" with the C++ Engine...

Dont ask me why they have this guy, but they do. Once a week and thats all he currently does.

Martin J. Schwiezer
12-10-03, 17:42
@ SilentGravity: I cannot tell you on what each programmer does work in detail and I highly doubt that this should be of such a high interest to you. I think your question was rather meant as a smart-ass remark "how much" you know about KK internals. Please tell me where you get your infos from. Thanks.

naimex
12-10-03, 17:49
nice to see that MJS still shows himself on forums...

its sad that he doesnt play on uranus with the rest of us great ppl

think silent just got pwned by MJS =/

wish my threads were taken as serious as this one.... I never get any official responses :(

Lenard
13-10-03, 02:22
I think i posted this picture about a year ago, but this thread deserves an encore showing of teh pic!

http://musicz.hypermart.net/i'mnotgay.jpg

MI2k1
13-10-03, 07:17
i like the positive aura of this thread

StoneRayne
13-10-03, 07:35
Heh. You know, how everyone is bitchy that DoY isn't out because of the publisher, right? Well, looking at it the other way, I'm a little impressed that MJS has held onto DOY and didn't release it yet without a good publisher.
I guess he wants to succeed.

Nice posts overall :)
And yeah, already sad, if you and other devs took more time to talk to the community on regular basis, you'd be soo loved. Come on. When you say something, you're a celebrity. Damn Britney spears. Well, you probably don't have her store-grown boobs, but anyway :angel:

Btw, anyone who knows... Since most devs are german, do they visit the german forums more? Or do they just not talk to the community much overall and just work/sleep/drink coffee (^^)

Lenard
13-10-03, 09:40
most of the devs are bilingual i think,

sometimes you can see C0di posting in the brainport or bugs forum

Richard Slade
13-10-03, 11:22
Well ATM only one question is in my head MJS..
ETA? When's the ETA of ANYTHING?
Are u at an opening of discussions with a publisher or the closing?
About where on the scale below are you:

???-------??-------?-------~-------!-------!!-------!!!
[Goes from clueless to "about half" to the "AHA!" point]

Netphreak
13-10-03, 22:00
Great to see you still posting MJS.
While your here maybe you could cast your view on this Something to be tried on the "TEST SERVER" (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78684)

Also the item drop from the QB could only happen in PvP not PvM.
Anyways get those talks moving NC needs a good publisher. It wont be long till we see some vets coming back! :)

EDIT: Also get Lupus's changes for weapons implemented :D

Lareolan
13-10-03, 22:47

YAY! Finally! Only took another 3 months for another news update. I mean, yes, your job is difficult, but really, are little posts like that such a big problem that you can't do them once a week? Just so we know that you are STILL working on things and not recovering your losses and diverting your attention to something else totally abandoning this game. (Especially perhaps on the main Neocron page?)

I mean, most companies have .plan files available that list things various people are working on. Now KK does have those, but they are all horribly outdated. The latest one is about the free 10-day trial going up which is if I recall correctly 5 months old now?

As a paying community the very least you could do is offer more information as to what's happening. Think of your customers as your shareholders. ;)

evs
14-10-03, 02:09
Well at least something IS happening then.

Please can i ask though MJS - a lot of people are leaving due to 'lack of information'.

I know you guys are busy, and cant answer everything - but perhaps its time that a short 2 or 3 line 'update' should be written every month just to let us know how things are tagging along.

Doesn't have to be anything specific , just stuff on the line of 'DoY undergone testing, talks with publishing departments'

You could even put it as a sticky and lock it immediately.

People get worried/frightened/pissed off being kept in the dark, and the conspiracy theories all appear.

A little light twinkling from the end of the long tunnel is all thats needed to keep most people happy that somethings going on :)

Just a though :D

Cypher_Psy
14-10-03, 03:07
Hurrah!! He spaketh unto us and hath informed us all!!
Not quite sure but it seemed to be fitting

I'm glad that the one programmer myth has been slain and that the future is looking quite promising ;)

If more informative posts like these were made then the ol' rumour mill should stop grinding :D

NeoChick
14-10-03, 08:31
It is so refreshing to know MJS has not given up and going strong that I feel like going out there to level my chars more right now, heck we will all be in front once new things start happening and all the thousands of new players will enter the game!

..........well, I am a positive thinking little vegemite, sometimes

NeoChick
14-10-03, 08:39
...............and to add to my previous reply,

MJS..........read my signature!

Pestilence
18-10-03, 17:36
Originally posted by naimex
nice to see that MJS still shows himself on forums...

But not on the German Forum :(

WE MISS YOU MJS....

Kl0wn
18-10-03, 17:46
Want doy ... simple , just quit then when his cow gonna leave him dry , he will need to find another one !!!

But what im afraid of is that DOY is already passed out with all the new game coming to the market so they will never find a publisher willing to put money on something outdated.

The lack information is probably because they don't have any !!!

Huijari
21-10-03, 14:14
Ah,I remember one rainy day in 2001 when I got a post from german. I was "wtf? What is this shit". I opened it and behold. There was a CD and a A4 saying my account and passwd to login. After that, my life was downhill .. in social aspect :rolleyes:

Neocrack takes way too much time! Thank you MJS for making bad and consuming legal drug :p

Now please, show us some love and say that Pluto is going to be Neptune .... please :angel: