PDA

View Full Version : Merging of threads regarding inbalance?

Void Dildano
11-10-03, 00:46
Close or merge any new threads repeating the same old spam/whine/valid points regarding monkpower inbalance.

The community obviously have a lot of thoughts regarding the powerlevel of PPU Monks and their role in the community.

Why not make a sticky thread regarding current balance issues and monitor that thread. Close the rest.

Makes easier reading and less repeating and board spamming.

If a sticky thread is made then maybe the discussion would be more constructive than
"ppu monks cant be killed"
"yes they can, you suck"
"i am monk I think monks are balanced"
"I am spy, I cant fight monks"
"op war is booring since ppu monks are broken"
"op war is fun since we got monks"
"blah blah"
"I pwn"
"you¨sück"

There have been quite a few posts on this subject that have been insightful. They are now lost in the stream of whine and antiwhine.

QuantumDelta
11-10-03, 00:49
I don't know about Shadow Dancer but I still want to try to pull a team of experienced and preferably unbiased high level PvP players of several classes into one place and tell them to COOPERATE Dispite what clans they're in and WORK TOGETHER to FIND A SOLUTION.

But uhh everytime I see the pluto boys go at it I give up all hope.

This community is just a shy off helpless, it's only a few core members who are dragging the dead weight.

GMs, Mods, CoDi and a few Core Community members.
Without that....this game would be sunk completely....

Jest
11-10-03, 01:05
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I don't know about Shadow Dancer but I still want to try to pull a team of experienced and preferably unbiased high level PvP players of several classes into one place and tell them to COOPERATE Dispite what clans they're in and WORK TOGETHER to FIND A SOLUTION.

But uhh everytime I see the pluto boys go at it I give up all hope.

This community is just a shy off helpless, it's only a few core members who are dragging the dead weight.

GMs, Mods, CoDi and a few Core Community members.
Without that....this game would be sunk completely.... Yah I sometimes wish my fellow Plutonians would just shut up sometimes cause every discussion about anything disolves into a flame war.

And yah the one thread idea is definitely a good one. Half the threads on the front page are on the subject.

Kenjuten
11-10-03, 02:12
I would like to see this as well. It pains me when I see threads regarding the same problem are either revived or recreated. I mean, sure, it's dandy if a thread overlaps into another thread concept, but...

Anyway, I may be new, and I know shit-all about balancing (QD's post regarding PPU rebalancing tells me this much...), but I have read a lot about Neocron, its story, and its people. Call me a scholar. :D

I may not be in PvP (yet), but I would like to help collaborate in a cooperative project to help rebalance the game to make it more fun.

Recently I've come to understand many reasons why certain parts of the game need work. The creation of boredom. Sure, you can kill a PPU, work around paralysis, redestroy turrets, kill weak buffs and rebuff, but not only does this make the game unnecessarily complicated, it leads to boredom. Many people claim it to be Monkocron already. Many people have left because of boredom. I want to see this changed.

And this is why I post. I want to help.

Cruzbroker
11-10-03, 02:22
Did you say Monkocron (http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/neocron/monkcron.jpg)? doh :o

Leebzie
11-10-03, 09:07
I want to help too. Capped on pluto , though I dont have much PvP experience. It would be a great thing to see this big problem solved once and for all.

Nidhogg
11-10-03, 12:44
We don't want to stifle discussion. Whilst the threads are similar there's usually a slightly different angle to each one as the thread evolves.

N

SovKhan
11-10-03, 12:50
houw bout you just deleted ppu nerf threads? =) please

Ryuben
11-10-03, 12:57
monk-o-cron NAAAaaaaaa

group of 7 people 1 spy 1 tank ....5 monks :rolleyes:

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0328.jpg

Shadow Dancer
11-10-03, 18:33
Originally posted by Nidhogg
We don't want to stifle discussion. Whilst the threads are similar there's usually a slightly different angle to each one as the thread evolves.

N

*copies what Nidhogg's quote into notepad*

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111ONEONENOENOE

And guys, I have better pictures depicting monkacron. You guys are only showing 3-5, I have like pictures showing 10+ monks in an op war. :D

Void Dildano
12-10-03, 23:15
Originally posted by Nidhogg

N

This is good news. This means that most valid points regarding Monkbalancing issues have been read and they are considered to be new and to possible have different angles.

This is totally contrary to the way I thought KK infogathering from boards was conducted (anything less than massexodus or exsessive posting will be filtered down thru endless layers of "other priorities")

Good news.

Still Would like more constructive analysis of current inbalance.

How about these types of sugestions :

Action : Lower stats cap to 376% for PPU spells?
Motivation : PPU need to be hard to kill to be playable. But they don't need to be as unkillable as they are now.
Solves : no need for everyone to be APU to have the slightest chance against proper played ppu.

Action : Hightech spells override lower tech
Motivation : Killing PPUs with something as lame as this is just not good for game. (consider what would happen if as an example poking would slow you down even if you didn't have implant in F7? you would feel just as stupid as the ppu with the tech3 heal on him)
Solves : Nothing, unless other balancing issues are adressed.