PDA

View Full Version : NeMa 5 Released

Iorghe
10-10-03, 20:25
It is there another beauty has been created. In this months issue we have lots of news, lots of side info and even more pages.

I hope you all will have a very nice read, do not forget to vote in the poll.

Low-Quality (5,421 Kb) (http://www.neocron.com/~floren/NeMa5_lo.pdf)
High-Quality (20,336 Kb) (http://www.neocron.com/~floren/NeMa5_hi.pdf)

Greetings,
Iorghe
H. Chesterfield

Eine weitere Schönheit wurde fertig gestellt. In dieser Monatsausgabe haben wir viele News, viele Nebeninformationen und auch noch mehr seiten.

Ich hoffe, Euch gefällt diese Ausgabe und vergesst nicht, zu voten!

Low-Quality (5,421 Kb) (http://www.neocron.com/~floren/NeMa5_lo.pdf)
High-Quality (20,336 Kb) (http://www.neocron.com/~floren/NeMa5_hi.pdf)

Mit freundliche Gruß,
Iorghe
H. Chesterfield

Brammers
10-10-03, 20:32
Ohhh!!!! Nice job I wasn't expecting it till next wee, thank you!

/me Downloads

Tratos
10-10-03, 20:33
Heheheh lookin forward to reading it as per, but with a 56k connection its like hell lol

looks nice form the preview aswell cant wait to read it :D

/me also downloads

~T

EDIT : damn it disconnected at 62% lol i'll have to wait till i can be bothered to DL it :(

Brammers
10-10-03, 20:47
"We will bring the Pistol- and Rifle-Powersuits for Spies and Private Eyes on the market now", Tangents PR Department stated shortly before it got closed down.

ROLF :)

Marx
10-10-03, 20:59
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - spam ]

ezza
10-10-03, 21:11
burning DRE apartments hehe dont mess with the Black Dragon;)

Marx
10-10-03, 21:14
http://dirtynuke.net/mutiespam.JPG

Mutants are teh pwn.

Hope they make it a playable class - or at least bring back the regants faction.

ezza
10-10-03, 21:16
lol Marx how many times you posted that pic today

thats some l33t drawing skillz as well;)

Marx
10-10-03, 21:17
I'm excited that the mutants are coming out.

*does the mutant dance*

GAHARARRAS! SPHHHHLGGGGFFF! AAAEEEEEEEGH!!!

*arm falls off*

EEEEECCCCCHHHH

*drools*

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-10-03, 22:05
I have allways liked your work on nema. it's allways 100%

dunno why you allways poll, but if the game was as good as nema we would have triple the players ;)

Spoon
10-10-03, 22:19
The world map is going to get an overhaul?...cool...

Any PE's check out the write up on Chez Syphers in Plaza 4...heh....

[TgR]HusK
10-10-03, 22:28
Before I read it.... You guys should realy update the NEMA 4 and 5 links on the neochronicle page...or make a dedicated page instead of just the news page and forum =)

Judge
10-10-03, 23:32
Argh.... mine has stopped downloading for some reason.

Too many people trying to downlaod it methinks :(

Mantus
10-10-03, 23:34
Very nice read. I enjoyed that allot. Great pictures too and some good content. The "Did the rebels go too far this time" article was superb and rather controversial, which is great.

Big thumbs up to the FA who are clearly doing a great job RP'ing in the game.

QuantumDelta
11-10-03, 00:06
Good read...one or two things..

Why's the moon got snow or clouds on it...? o_O Neither should be present really...

secondly, the funeral description says a guy died but the picture of the guy is a female monk...?

Dribble Joy
11-10-03, 00:17
Whenever I dl the pdf it opens and says it's been corrupted.

help

//edit Works now.

Guess the PEs will be using the lobster suit.

•Super|\|ova•
11-10-03, 00:45
Umm... I was expecting to see who won the story name contest o_O a little disappointment...

Ascension
11-10-03, 00:47
Yeha. Me 2 all in all nice Work guys.. Nice to see it tied in with the game.. u missed the copbot info in PP:wtf:

MrBane
11-10-03, 01:02
*Boogies around*

Remember! If you like what you see, and you think you can add to it, send us your articles and stories!

Or else!

*Sends the boyz round to whup some ass*

:D

Jest
11-10-03, 01:03
Definitely looks good, but I was curious to see what the German NEMA looks like and there isn't one... Is NEMA only in English?

MrBane
11-10-03, 01:05
Used to be in German, but due to the manpower required for all the translations, and the difficulties this sometimes posed, it was decided to go with a 100% English language version.

Works better in my honest opinion, as it allows 100% dedication to the issue, as opposed to having to worry about all the troubles that translations bring.

:D

J. Folsom
11-10-03, 12:02
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
secondly, the funeral description says a guy died but the picture of the guy is a female monk...? That's just because most people play female monks, regardless of their actual gender. ;p

Syntax-Error
11-10-03, 13:39
Originally posted by J. Folsom
That's just because most people play female monks, regardless of their actual gender. ;p

thats called Roleplay. try it sometime :D

Keiron
11-10-03, 13:45
You guys did a wonderful job, I wish some of the in game graphics were like the ones you guys have in there :)

Iorghe
11-10-03, 18:40
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Good read...one or two things..

Why's the moon got snow or clouds on it...? o_O Neither should be present really...

secondly, the funeral description says a guy died but the picture of the guy is a female monk...?

1) All the pictures are original out of the game and touched up with photoshop to make them look nicer. For example: In NeMa4 there is an article about the next coorporate network beeing down. It shows a picture of the plaza subway, did anyone of you notice the text on the 'plasma' screens changed?
aka artistic freedom :p

2) that was Bladestorm aka Jens Böhmer (I just hope I wrote his name right) played that character and again artistic freedom allows us to say that the picture is a guy. I honestly think you cant tell from the picture wheter it is a guy or not. Monks look all alike for me :p

I also would like to thank you all for your positive comments, it motivates me to make the next nema even better.

Oath
11-10-03, 20:02
Originally posted by Iorghe
1) All the pictures are original out of the game and touched up with photoshop to make them look nicer. For example: In NeMa4 there is an article about the next coorporate network beeing down. It shows a picture of the plaza subway, did anyone of you notice the text on the 'plasma' screens changed?
aka artistic freedom :p

2) that was Bladestorm aka Jens Böhmer (I just hope I wrote his name right) played that character and again artistic freedom allows us to say that the picture is a guy. I honestly think you cant tell from the picture wheter it is a guy or not. Monks look all alike for me :p

I also would like to thank you all for your positive comments, it motivates me to make the next nema even better.

While i patiently await downloading 5.29 megs, i gotta say one thing.

IORGHE SAYS FEMALE MONKS HAVE MAN BOOBS!!!!!!!!1111

yar, i agree, hard to tell, cept ladymonks have a wiggle in there ass, manmonks just waddle :lol: :lol:

SilentGravity
12-10-03, 13:08
NeMa5 looked great but it hit be in my gut and almost made me feel sick.

Every ingame shot had MAJOR Photoshopping, we dont have the skies, we dont have the moons, we dont have the headlights, we dont have the lasers, we dont have the shoulder lamps we dont have the dynamic lighting, we dont have the recoil lighting, we dont have the laser eyes, we dont have the fire effect, we dont have the sun, we dont have the lense flare, we dont have reflections, we dont have alot of the skins, we do not have "glow" effect, we dont have the emotes, we can't carry things!

I mean EVERY SINGLE IMAGE has been not "touched" but REMADE with photoshop, I mean it makes Neocron look great and all but its lying to anyone who has not played the game and those who have.

Rade
12-10-03, 13:44
Originally posted by SilentGravity
NeMa5 looked great but it hit be in my gut and almost made me feel sick.

Every ingame shot had MAJOR Photoshopping, we dont have the skies, we dont have the moons, we dont have the headlights, we dont have the lasers, we dont have the shoulder lamps we dont have the dynamic lighting, we dont have the recoil lighting, we dont have the laser eyes, we dont have the fire effect, we dont have the sun, we dont have the lense flare, we dont have reflections, we dont have alot of the skins, we do not have "glow" effect, we dont have the emotes, we can't carry things!

I mean EVERY SINGLE IMAGE has been not "touched" but REMADE with photoshop, I mean it makes Neocron look great and all but its lying to anyone who has not played the game and those who have.

So? Its not advertisement for the game, its fiction for those of us
who play it. I think the photoshopping has added alot to NeMa,
without it you could just have left out those pictures.

MrBane
12-10-03, 13:48

The easiest way to go around this statment, if you want, is to simply say:

" NeMa does not represent nor indicate any expectations of what you may experience during your Neocron gaming."

Honestly, why are people getting so hung up over some graphics? It's there to make the NeMa look better, and personally, I think the majority prefer these remade / retouched images, as opposed to just a Screen Grab of some people standing together, or the odd solitary rat.

The images enhance NeMa, and Holger, the Art Director, is not only amazingly good at his work, he also takes a great deal of pride in it, and I'm sure it would be painful for him to release anything that he knew could be improved further.

At the end of the day, they are only pictures. If people are crazy enough to base their entire perception of a game on a few screenshots....

Easiest thing to do, is enjoy NeMa for what it is:

An entertaining read, with some food for thought, but most importantly, another method of putting across the storyline and plots.

NeMa can only get bigger, better and more beautiful as the months roll by!

shockr
12-10-03, 15:00
Another priceless job on NEMA..

Very very nice guys. Phoenix Ltd advert is beuatiful.

Going to count how many times 'Zane Shadowfall' is on some advert somewhere. It's getting scary..

But as the other advert implies.... JOIN FA!! ;)

Heavyporker
13-10-03, 03:54
Comments:

Some glaring errors in this NEMA...

For instance... in the restaurants guide, you left out which restaurants served the gourment foods and of what kind {like the Sushi or the Wasteland Potatoes and Mutant Cheddar}(Mentioning Milky Rens does not qualify as fine food).

Oh, and isn't it PREACHER'S CHOICE, not favorite?

Another thing, the Pepper Park 2 restaurant is Rocco's Seafood, not the Garriots Diner as reported (you can even see it in the photo! practically unforgivable if the proof is in front of your eyes!). Nice photos though.

Oh, and isn't Plaza One, Three, and Via Rosso Three better known for their armor shops? I can hardly recall seeing armor being offered for sale in Plaza Two.

*To KK - This Pepper Park 2 restaurant doesn't serve gourment foods! My gawd! This is a restaurant chain that PRIDES itself on its gourment foods, and you don't put it onto their menus?!*

YES, it is a female monk being passed as a male! Yrrgh. At least have the decency to spruce up the hair to make it look more masculine or something. She's a He! :lol:

Shame the dramatic story isn't in there. I quite liked it. The Journal's nice, but I much preferred to read that story.

Overall, highly entertaining and delightful. Yes, the enhanced photography was noted, but appreciatively. I found the shot of that group of mutants gorgeous.

I only wish that I saw Arachnids around that area in the swamps, but then, with the strange chitin they have, they'd do much better in the desert. And plains. Why in the high heavens aren't more arachnids in the plains around Neocron City? Hell, even in the Deserts, I know of only like 3 or 4 spots that I regularly see arachnids.

Whitestuff
13-10-03, 07:08
Great issue. I like the photoshopped images. Hopefully KK will take notice of these images and Neocron 2: Reeza's Return (lol could not resist the joke) will bw a lot more like that.

Thanks for the comment on the Journal. I take pride in writing for NEMA. Though in the credits, it seem I was credited twice as I am Fault and WhiteKrAkRBOi.... I don't want to recieve too much credit.

Great job guys. Keep up the good work and I'll try to keep up my creative writing ( actually, I will try to improve this month's addition. I am playing out a good story for this month, making some good RP out of it.)

Cheers!

Richard Slade
13-10-03, 12:14
*bounces*
I still NEED the NeMa in html format!
Please! Someone remake!!
I wanna read it too!
(What was the Jeriko fight on Saturn all about btw?)