PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use PC through TV? Any HDTV?

SeXy Happy
10-10-03, 20:15
I was wondering if anyone plays neocron through their TV? If anyone uses S-Video? I have a 1080i HDTV 36 inch, and I am thinking about getting a 200$ converter to have high def quality from my PC to my TV, that way it doesnt distort or lose any quality. But I wondered if there was anyone that have done this with S-Video and what the resolution is like.

greploco
10-10-03, 21:09
TV displays pretty much are not as good as computer displays

also, I don't know if it's the video card but when I've tried to put out a signal to the TV (through SVideo) I couldn't get it to go above 800x600.

the upshot of course is that if you have a big screen TV, everything is huge

Shujin
10-10-03, 21:14
normal TV is good with comp but not as good as a normal monitor,

and a Plasma, LCD, or HDTV are great!
all plasma , lcd, or hdtv's ive seen usin a comp thru svideo look clear and crisp as a monitor.

reason a TV doesnt is becauase it just doesnt have good enough definition / pixel count

thinking about getting a 200$ converter to have high def quality from my PC to my TV, that way it doesnt distort or lose any quality. But I wondered if there was anyone that have done this with S-Video and what the resolution is like.

;OO i didnt even knwo there was such things ima get one ;D i jus bought a 32" flat screen

SeXy Happy
10-10-03, 21:21
Originally posted by Shujin
;OO i didnt even knwo there was such things ima get one ;D i jus bought a 32" flat screen

Here is the link for it http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/kdvtca3.asp

It is an aewesome little gadget, and I hear you on the normal TV...looks like crap. However, with an HDTV 1080i the output you can recieve is equal to a monitor. I have seen them set at 1024x768 and the resolution you would see on the TV was great! Nothing would beat playing neocron on an HDTV 36inch screen with a wireless keyboard and mouse. I can't wait to try hooking it up, but I am going to try the S-Vid cable first and see what it looks like. If it doesnt look so hot, then I will go with the device that makes your pc compatible to HDTV. Can't wait to post a pic of it once I have it set up too....would be great.

Nullifidian
10-10-03, 21:29
Your video card should already have a video out port for S-Video, which should be good enough.

If not, just spend $20 on an add-on card that will give you that functionality.

Spending $200 on that adapter is a waste of money IMO.

SeXy Happy
10-10-03, 22:43
You should look at the piece again. Its not for S-Video. Its for component video. Component video is needed for 1080i high def res on TV's. You go and buy a video card that supports component video output, and you are going to be paying out the arse for it. This is actually a really inexpensive piece, as long as it works as well as it is supposed to. Even S-Video doesnt come close to the clarity you would get on a 36 inch HDTV monitor. It would be perfect resolution you would see on your PC monitor, only 36 inches.