PDA

View Full Version : Run Speed?

Morrow36
10-10-03, 18:29
I've recently made a tank, my 1st ever (have stayed to spies scince beta :) and i'm making a pure melee tank and i have a kami chip waitin for it once it hits 60 str :)...anyways i want to make my char as fast as possible... reading croncom's info on run speed it says that to max out ur speed u must have 70 in ath and 70 in agl ... thats what i have now but it seems i'm not running as fast as i have seen others run? is the info at croncom true?

Cliffraiser
10-10-03, 18:47
not true ull run faster if agl and atl is higher then 70, only the difference will be less.

i put enough points in tc to use any weapon and the rest of my dex i do in agl, for atl it depends. id rather have a lil less atl there (still above 70 with imps and PA) cuz i need my con points.

greploco
10-10-03, 18:48
I have 90 90 (with a lot of bonuses) and I'm pretty darn fast, experimental leg and fut really help out there, you have to have them. I also have, advanced movement controller, I think that's it -- it is awesome for a tank.

when I put my power armor on I can tell I'm a bit slower, it cuts one of the two, agi or ath

if I use beast, which I think adds 25 agility, I am _really_ damn fast

so as far as I can tell the more the faster

also -- some twink PE chased me down outside eastgate and shot me in the back. he was tech pistol gimped for speed and pure hit and run combat. I was exploring with no armor and no wepons and no inventory so I was moving quick (around 90 / 90) and I died real quick too.

but this sucker was absolutly crazy freaking fast. I havn't seen anything like that since "Starks", an old school hit and run PVP gimp. that guy was nutso fast. he moved so fast you couldn't really even freeze him, even if you managed it, it didn't seem to make one bit of difference. with imps and bonuses and drugs the rumor was that the guy has something like 125 / 125 or higher.

I always used to take whiteflash to up my speed when I needed it but I think I had it wrong, or only half of the equation. beast drug seems to be key, I started taking it to pop on my power armor and noticed the large speed increase as a side effect.

so does agi mean more than ath? I dunno.

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 18:52
70 on both agi and ath are the main Flip Point. This means that after 70/70 (I'd like to keep in mind that you need BOTH at 70 before the flip point is reached. You can reach the flip point far later if only one skill is used, and that must be at around 200.) there are diminishing returns. More points give less effect on runspeed, but if you can put both values way above 70, you can still get a very nice bonus to Run Speed.

The way the current formula works, the value added to Run Speed is the same from ath as well as agi. The primary difference is that ath also helps out your jump height, and agi helps you out on how fast you attack with melee weapons and possibly if you can dodge certain monster attacks.

Dribble Joy
10-10-03, 18:54
76 agl 76 atl is the 'soft cap' (i think) speed does ncrease above that but not by much.
Redflash is nice, as is beast.

QuantumDelta
10-10-03, 19:04
70/70 is the top of the soft cap.

The hard cap is much much higher (actually skill points wise), I would probably say 120/110 or so...

ericdraven
10-10-03, 19:43
According to my tests i found those flip-points:

ATL 150 / AGL 0
AGL 150 / ATL 0
AGL 100 / ATL 90

(yes there are more, but i didn't test all combinations yet :p)