PDA

View Full Version : New race/class or faction

Daniel
10-10-03, 15:21
Rumours about Outzone

After our last report of the Black Dragon Clan sealing off the Outzone Jail to erect some sort of entertainment center, rumours are popping up about the other parts of the Outzone. Most of them concern the Sector 7 which is sealed off by CityAdmin. Earlier, there was a power plant in this sector, today, not much is known. Only very few made it to this sector alive, and even fewer returned alive. Some of them were reporting, that all that were in this sector was rotten buildings, others speak of some sort of mutant settlement, even with a marketplace and appartments for the mutants. Some folks even speak of cloning laboratories and mutant armies. Keeping Regant in mind, the vision of mutants erecting their own civilisation is the most disturbing one.Taken from Neocronicle (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=158)

Is this my imagination, or does this sound a hell a lot like KK has something special planned for the mutants - be it a new race/class for us to play, or maybe a new faction... what do you think?

El Barto
10-10-03, 15:27
Originally posted by Daniel

Is this my imagination, or does this sound a hell a lot like KK has something special planned for the mutants - be it a new race/class for us to play, or maybe a new faction... what do you think? [/B]

No it doesn't, well nto a playable faction any ways. It will just be a faction for all the mutants, not playable like Traders Union is for the vendors. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Daniel
10-10-03, 15:31
I must admit, I like the idea of being able to play a mutant, not as a full time thing, just to see what it would be like as a mutant.. what do the mutants what? What is a mutants goal in life? don't they ever get bored waiting down the sewers for people to come kill them from behind a pipe?

I dunno, maybe you're right, they could be nothing more than just another Anarchy Breed type thing.

anyone else got any comments on this?

Stigmata
10-10-03, 15:36
hopefuly this will lead to a storyline with events, but i cant see the mutants ever becoming a playable faction

Andy

Original monk
10-10-03, 16:39
Would be cool tough: you earned 344nc for killing original monk.
you loot the mob and what you find: woohoo 2 lowtechs and a vehicule10 !!!!!

Marx
10-10-03, 16:58
They have something planned, possibly bringing back the regents faction. I mean, it wouldn't go this in depth if they weren't dong something.

I mean, hell - they can open regents as a leveling spot, but would they open a "Mutant Market" in OZ_7 as a leveling spot? Probably not.

http://dirtynuke.net/mutie.JPG

ReefSmoker
10-10-03, 17:24
Oooh - I like this rumour, nice to see it back after 18 months of being forgotten ;) There was talk a while back of Regants being a playable faction, but the developers never told us anything concrete about it, so it was speculation for a long time, barring a couple of hints mentioned on the old beta forums (may they rest in peace).

Would be nice to see this rumour brought to life, everyone agreed back then it would add an interesting twist to the game :D

Take care,

ReefSmoker

greploco
10-10-03, 21:59
play a mutant! owow, I want to be able to use the "eeeeuuuuuaaaagggghhh" emote while I'm behind people just before I open fire!

andys right though, probbably not a playable faction, what happened to anarchy breed? but it would be cool, especially for those guys who are bound and determined to be rpk all the time, what better faction for them than mutant - they attack everything.

Clive tombstone
11-10-03, 23:36
How do you Make a poll? This would make a good poll

MaGn0lia
11-10-03, 23:54
Heh, when you join the faction they give you the drug that mutates you and your motoric skills will go down and ppl just own you.

I think mutant goal is just like normal runner goal, to cap the char and get rare weaps to kill the guy that slapped you when you were a noob.

Whiety Bulger
12-10-03, 01:58
Can you be a launcher cyclops