PDA

View Full Version : I didnt think it was possible...

Spy<VS>Spy
10-10-03, 14:35
For the longest time i belived, that getting high frame rates, or steady frame rates in neocron was impossible. i was doomed to have low frames of the 10-14 even as low as eight in a massive fight.

this has been a standard ever since beta 3 for me. i went from a Tbird 650mhz processor with a geforce 1 with 256mb system ram, to steadly increasing to 512mb.

from there i progressed to a athlon 1900 xp system, moving up to 1 gig of some 'at the time' not too shappy 266mhz 512 sticks of DDR ram. even upgrading to a geforce 3 ti 200. while performance for every other game i ran sky rocketed...neocron refused to budge. it would not could not give me the loving i wanted.

now, dipping away from AMD i picked up a intel 2.4 ghz 800fsb processor. scooped up a board that supported dual channel DDR ram and installed a fresh Geforce FX 5600 128mb card...

now, low and behold...i have reached the holy grail of fps-ness. yes walking around the crowded streets of neocron i measure up a delightful 28-36 fps and out in the wastes i do a very speady 63-76 fps and battle no longer beats the crap out of my frame rates, monks be damned!

it took a long time getting there but i think i have finaly met neocrons unlisted 'recomended' system requirment.

GurTjaN
10-10-03, 14:37
good choice of processer amd is super

edit: lol overlooked too fast O.o still i think amd for its price is super

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 14:38
Originally posted by GurTjaN
good choice of processer amd is super

he's got a P4 tho ?!? :confused: :p

Spy<VS>Spy
10-10-03, 14:46
i love AMD too, but i shopped around, i actually got more for my money to switch to intel...

also i have to say...my system has NEVER been as stable as it is today, even neocron doesnt seem to be wanting to fuck my computer up anymore...oh it screws itself over 700 times but at least the kernal doesnt choke and died...heh, for the longest time i told people, windows 2000, virtually impossible to crash! untill i met neocron. ;)

Reakktor media knows no boundries and lets no challange go unmet. heh...but so far, 3 days now...not a single blue screen or anything. i am a happy gamer.

Dribble Joy
10-10-03, 14:49
I've never had a blue screen in the 11 months that I have played NC, am I doing something wrong?

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 14:51
Spy if you were getting blue screens on your old sytem it probably has dodgy ram lol, thats what would have been causing that, or there was a memory leak somewhere....

Spy<VS>Spy
10-10-03, 15:24
swapped out my ram thinking the same thing with some new stuff. didnt improve things...might have just been my board...or something. a driver..its windows, who can bloody tell.. (whatever the case, it was 99 times out of a 100 that neocron caused it then anouther peice of software.)

but who cares, working good now, thats al lthat matters.