PDA

View Full Version : Why are grenades HC...why...

SigmaDraconis
10-10-03, 12:03
Seriously...theyre not heavy..and you sure as hell cant combat with them.....if they were ever useful id say give them to melee tanks..as a shock(suprise not stun) type weapon kinda like CS...add some TC plasma grenades aswell...ffs..poor melee people. oh oh Gas grenades..damn im on a roll..give them shitty RoF and rather powerfull basically so they are only very effective as an initial attack setting..like storming the front gate of an OP.

garyu69
10-10-03, 12:21
Smokey Greanades. Now they would Rock!

Marneus Calgar
10-10-03, 12:23
think of the lag it could make gary.. think of the HUGE FPS drop... FPS are already to bad in OP fights... think if every say 2nd runner use a smoke in OP fight... no good.

GurTjaN
10-10-03, 12:24
it could make a good addition though makes the melee a little more usefull

El Barto
10-10-03, 12:24
NUKE GRENADES!

Sorontar
10-10-03, 12:25
There was a really cool grenade thread a bit ago , which had some nice variants like

EMP
Stun ( with intoxicated effect not PARA )
Poison

etc
etc

Worth a search , but I think they are HC coz they currently blow shit up.

Marneus Calgar
10-10-03, 12:28
Originally posted by El Barto
NUKE GRENADES!

8| 8| 8|

garyu69
10-10-03, 13:02
Originally posted by Marneus Calgar
think of the lag it could make gary.. think of the HUGE FPS drop... FPS are already to bad in OP fights... think if every say 2nd runner use a smoke in OP fight... no good. Bah!
I don't think that far ahead.
Lets re-name them 'Lag Grenades' then :D

Benjie
10-10-03, 13:06
Grenades should deffinetly move over to melee class. It dousn't matter if there not Melee, this is a Game and not a Documentry.

P.S. Hello! :D (yes I still do check the forums from time to time.... :rolleyes: )

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 13:08
Grenade's should be DEX based, no sub stat, just like ''DEX 50'' requirements... cmon ffs, whats so hard about pulling a pin and lobbing the thing in a general direction o_O o_O !

ALSO!!! ever pulled out a grenade ? I was using some with my tank at a OP fight at malstrond the other day :D and that was whe i noticed that a grenade, the size of a coke can, slows you down as much as a doombeamer on your shoulder o_O !!!!!

Benjie
10-10-03, 13:11
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
ALSO!!! ever pulled out a grenade ? I was using some with my tank at a OP fight at malstrond the other day :D and that was whe i noticed that a grenade, the size of a coke can, slows you down as much as a doombeamer on your shoulder o_O !!!!!
lol that shouldn't be at all! Heh.

Dex based grenades? Nope. Sorry but then the PPU would have access to one and would be able to use low level dex implants and basiclly be unstoppable.

Make them Strengh based or Melee based and remove the stupid slowdown when you use one. lol. :lol:

Sorontar
10-10-03, 13:12
So how about DEX for aiming and requirements and STR for range ?

El Barto
10-10-03, 13:30
I can see what you mean, I think there should be a few diffrent grenades and some can be used by all classes, but others are for some classes only. Like say spies can use smoke grenades to get away from the enemy and H-C Gen-Tanks could use heavier plasma grenades. Although I am not sure if it is possable to have diffrent type of grenade like that.

Sorontar
10-10-03, 13:37
Here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75870) is that other post I mentioned.

There was another subsequent one by Heavyporker about the STAT requirements etc.

El_MUERkO
10-10-03, 14:14
I'd like to see grenades purely STR based.

Original monk
10-10-03, 15:09
Originally posted by garyu69

i would like to have some smokeyj-nades :D

make all the nades valuable for PvP, let em do some majour damage so you can clean up rooms, or PP1 with it :)

Peeping Tom
10-10-03, 15:10
remind me of CS.. toss smoke grenades to fuck ppl fps up
K4F

Omnituens
10-10-03, 16:17
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
remind me of CS.. toss smoke grenades to ---- ppl fps up
K4F
i was playing a CS game and we just camped our buy point and spammed smoke grenades :eek:

they we just pulled out sprey and pray weapons :D

i hate the dumb fucks who flashbang their own team.

or throw like a pussy *points at BruteForce*

Nixon
10-10-03, 16:42
They are HC cos they say BOOM!

DonnyJepp
10-10-03, 17:23
stun and paralysis grenades :D

Marx
10-10-03, 17:25
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
remind me of CS.. toss smoke grenades to fuck ppl fps up
K4F

Smoke + flashbang = fps fucker.

They are HC cos they say BOOM

The DG goes PSEIW PSHWEIW - but it ain't a pistol

o_O

icarium
10-10-03, 17:31

i am sure the engine could cope brilliantly with smoke effects and lots of paraspam and cs bursts :)

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 20:32
O_o

And here I thought Heavy Combat was all the weapons that gave an AoE effect, thus explaining why grenades are there.

Nasher
10-10-03, 20:56
Grenades should be melee, seeing as they are a hand "powered" weapons like swords etc :)

Spy<VS>Spy
10-10-03, 20:58
personally, i am a firm beliver that EVERY class of weapons have a type of granade of several sorts. but on average the majority should belong to the tech combat class...things like plasma granades or any of that fruity techno crap...then you would have your Frag granades and force detonators for heavy combat.

melee would have the paralyse or smoke granades. (smoke in neocron would have to prevent you from getting a target lock so melee users could get into your face without getting shot up.)

then some boomers for the rifle users, tose the stick, remote charge...accelent of ambush and snipers.

EMP for pistol users.

and some sort of mana depleteing or disruping granade for monks.

FuzzyDuck
10-10-03, 21:08
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
add some TC plasma grenades aswell...ffs..poor melee people. oh oh Gas grenades..damn im on a roll.

OMG OMG OMG, I never thought of anything like this, this idea is amazing. I like the thought of a melee tank going after you, hurling a gas grenade and then chopping away as you're trying to get rid of the poison (I assume that's what type of damage you mean.)

What about EMP (or something) grenades also, that shock.

*braces self for remove parashock fight*

Alex Mars
11-10-03, 00:34
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
Seriously...theyre not heavy..and you sure as hell cant combat with them.....if they were ever useful id say give them to melee tanks..as a shock(suprise not stun) type weapon kinda like CS...add some TC plasma grenades aswell...ffs..poor melee people. oh oh Gas grenades..damn im on a roll..give them shitty RoF and rather powerfull basically so they are only very effective as an initial attack setting..like storming the front gate of an OP.

Because the designers of NC decided to pursue an artificially divided and segregated weapons skill system that pigeonholes a character into a very limited selection of weapons.