PDA

View Full Version : Beta testing application

Stigmata
10-10-03, 09:41
when you are applying to beta test a game and you get to the
Personal statement why we should use you as a beta tester

i never know what to put, any thoughts or good advice from people who have been successful in applying previously.

Thanks
Andy

John.nl
10-10-03, 09:56
"I bitch. A lot. And you WILL know when I encounter bugs"

Nvidia
10-10-03, 09:56
Generally, this is where you state what you have done for betas in the past. This area is sort of like your "Beta Resume" where you state all your experience. Just a word of advice to you, if you happen to be someone like me who has beta-tested A LOT of games in the past, don't list all of them. Ever since I've started listing them all, I've never been accepted, and I think it's because they feel I'm lying out of my arse to get accepted.

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 10:06
While I think it's more about them wanting beta testers that don't have too much experience, you're probably also right. :D

jernau
10-10-03, 10:06
"Star Wars: Galaxies turned me down and look what happened to that"

juvestar15
10-10-03, 10:13
EDIT:

Well maybe i shouldn't write that. :P

Pi-Oh-Pah
10-10-03, 10:45
Originally posted by jernau
"Star Wars: Galaxies turned me down and look what happened to that"

Wasnt this because they dont use testers outside of the US/Canada areas much ?

hinch
10-10-03, 10:53
dragon empires then stig?

Stigmata
10-10-03, 11:37
@ hinch

maybe, just applying for a few

Andy

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-10-03, 17:36
" I've been professionally beta testing your competition for the past 2 years, it is this shit game called NEOCRON, prehaps you have heard of it?"

j/k

msdong
10-10-03, 17:46
how about:"i can insult ppl in 4 different languages and know curse words in 6 other. i have no problems in testing you crappy beta game and pont on every little bug you put in it.(remember my language skills) i testet xx games before but only x of them made me stay. im now looking out for another game to wast my time on with no influence on any content as a DEV Slave"

hmm if you write it like "i think i should get in beta because i can write bug reports in german and english and like to be part of this game that seems to have a lot cool features im lookin for. i have no problem in testing given tasks and got alot of patient on any problem that i may encounter."

El_MUERkO
10-10-03, 18:03
"I stalk people on message boards and I'd like to try something new."

Opar
10-10-03, 18:13
"I can do.... stuff. And point out bugs, why? because i play necron, and whine at the developers, and shout at GMs, and do all sorts of shit that will make you vote for me as president pof california, as i pull out my uzi 9 milimeter, and say tot he people of California, ILL BE BACK!!!"

Dang, drifted a lil off topic there >_<