PDA

View Full Version : My storie, and I'm sticking to it.

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 06:55
Ok, I'm out PKing at Tyron tonight. Having lots of fun testing my new setup. I did quite well making two kills. I was having quite a bit of fun....feeling quite ubar. Then from out of no where a PPU shows up. What was the protocall? SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK DAMAGE BOOST wash rinse repeat. I just left. Didn't draw my weapon....just stealthed and hit the GR.

You see, I wasn't worried about the PPU healing his mates, or buffing his mates, or damage boosting me (although this sucks too), I was worried about loosing 80% of my mobility. Take note that I made two kills one APU, and one spie, working on the PE(who I would have killed). I'm not saying I'm ubar....or even mediocre, I'm saying that I was having a good night.

I have to say that 90% of the time I die, I die parashocked. I'm sorry for dragging a dead horse, but it needs to be changed. I would have stayed to fight, but what's the point? I'm GOING to die....why will I die? Because I"m parashocked. NO other reason.

I'm on a rant, but KK if you're reading please please please remove this fun_removing aspect from the game.

P.S. I know I would have left the game a long time ago had all freezers stayed in the game.....now with 60% of the server monks, I fell like I'm parashocked all of the time.

sparrowtm
10-10-03, 07:00
Remove parashock and bring back the Tangent Freezer Cannon - so we all can stop bitching about monks and start bitching about Tanks - .... good old times. 8| :)

Drexel
10-10-03, 07:10
Oh no, when im out killing people 10 levels below me people fight back & I die !

If these people were anywhere near your level you would have been a 50% chance of getting killed. If it was more than one against you at your level youd be 90% change of dieing anyway.

KidWithStick
10-10-03, 07:16
wtfuz i must haxor:wtf: i can still post on forums:confused:

anyways.............

if i see the server populations go up, and hear that paraSPAM is removed, ill come back, but just the server population alone probably wont help. the paraspam alone made how many people leave the game? i know of 4, not including me, and i dont know very many people in game...so im assuming theres alot more people who left

Aarowyn
10-10-03, 07:29
All you PPU griefers are just pissed because you have no in game "class" and no PPU worth his integrity will help you...

I am here to help all of you thoh.... The english word is P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C-! hahahaha

see you all in game...

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 07:36
Both sides of the circumstance are very extremist, it seems. :o

Parashock is a very heavy factor of how PvP works out, unfortunately. One doesn't worry about Holy Pestilance or any other high-end APU spell. No, people worry about Holy Parashock, a spell given to the PPU in order to make their fighting easier. Too easy.

It isn't too bad in my opinion, but it isn't that necessary either. You are no better than the extremist anti-PPU for making those statements.

thewarrior008
10-10-03, 07:48
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Ok, I'm out PKing at Tyron tonight. Having lots of fun testing my new setup. I did quite well making two kills. I was having quite a bit of fun....feeling quite ubar. Then from out of no where a PPU shows up. What was the protocall? SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK DAMAGE BOOST wash rinse repeat. I just left. Didn't draw my weapon....just stealthed and hit the GR.

You see, I wasn't worried about the PPU healing his mates, or buffing his mates, or damage boosting me (although this sucks too), I was worried about loosing 80% of my mobility. Take note that I made two kills one APU, and one spie, working on the PE(who I would have killed). I'm not saying I'm ubar....or even mediocre, I'm saying that I was having a good night.

I have to say that 90% of the time I die, I die parashocked. I'm sorry for dragging a dead horse, but it needs to be changed. I would have stayed to fight, but what's the point? I'm GOING to die....why will I die? Because I"m parashocked. NO other reason.

I'm on a rant, but KK if you're reading please please please remove this fun_removing aspect from the game.

P.S. I know I would have left the game a long time ago had all freezers stayed in the game.....now with 60% of the server monks, I fell like I'm parashocked all of the time.

its not fun when othrs do it on u but is it more fun when ur teammates do it on ur enemy ??ß nono its fun for u to keel ur 80% slowed down enemies , right???

KidWithStick
10-10-03, 08:05
see you all in game...

sigh...

its to bad i cant see you in game, id prolly PK you:rolleyes:

Aarowyn
10-10-03, 09:56
Sorry kid... I dont PK... If I did I PROMISE you would get owned. If you wanna play that game, ask Mommy and Daddy if you can Quake. I will absolutely take you on...

See everyone in game...

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 10:04
It is very rare for someone to have natural knack for PK when they don't do it.

I know I'm rather gifted in other FPS games, but I also know it doesn't mean jack shit, especially in a game like Neocron. And this is with me never doing PvP in Neocron or Neofrag yet. :cool:

Aarowyn
10-10-03, 10:15
NEocron and Quake are totally different... In Quake powergamer or not, You can win. I play Quake every week religously in tourney me and my buddies play on my 6 PC LAN. You are speaking on something of which you have no knowledge, ken. In America that is called ignorance, but I think that is too harsh. I gotta be careful becasue the mods are smoking crack lately, not like the good ole days when Neocron had players and the boards were fun, but now that I have a run-on sentence, wanna quake? In NC I can only heal, that is why I love PPU's. The ones that abuse the fact of bring a PPU and actually attack other players make me sick, but when a 2* tank goes around ganking N00bs You are damn right I will even the odds...

Distaria
10-10-03, 10:16
I admit it is rather annoying. When I was running my droner through the waste away from the Graves to the Tescom GR, I suddenly was shocked, so I thought maybe a mob had spawned behind me all the sudden and hit me. but no. I managed to turn around(eventually) to realize I'd gotten hit with a parashock from out of the range of the Local list, then see the three PA wearing monks coming at me. Then I thought fuck it, what am I going to do, swing my TL 1 knife at them? The point is, once you're hit with that damn spell you're pretty much screwed. Well, especially as a droner, where you die if someone sneezes at you. When all of the sudden you're at 1/8th of your normal turn and runspeed, you're done. Free trip to a GR of your choice.

Aarowyn
10-10-03, 10:19
Distaria, gimme shout in game, I would be more than happy to help you.

Original monk
10-10-03, 10:29
Originally posted by KidWithStick
the paraspam alone made how many people leave the game? i know of 4, not including me, and i dont know very many people in game...so im assuming theres alot more people who left

So the nerf the PPU threads start again, zzz

zzzzZZzzz

leave a game and community because you get freezed sometimes ? weird people, go play the sims

edit: the hybrid nerf caused how many people to leave ? i think a bit more then the amount of people that left for the parashock...
also mc5 (noob-area) and the long/ or hard (manual) patching, the promises KK made and didnt implement at the last sec, the bugs and lag and the "OMG i am ubber"-atitude caused many people to leave...

fix youre anger to that one class: the PPU, until they nerf em (again) , and i lom my PPU to full APU like 90% of all the other PPU's because a PPU playing isnt like THAT much fun (givin boosts the whole time gets boring also) Then ya have like a server filled with APU's, think that gonna be fun ? lets see about that...
Think you can kill the commander and every other heavy mob that easy with a NERFED ppu ? nope, GL huntin

Cubico
10-10-03, 10:41
Hi,

well, I find it lame when people in OP wars are dropping stunning turrets.

NeoTromb
10-10-03, 10:42
Originally posted by Cubico

zzzzZZzzz

leave a game and community because you get freezed sometimes ? weird people, go play the sims

I totaly agree ;)

Aarowyn
10-10-03, 10:53
Well, anyone that wants to post a nerf PPU needs to be drawn and quartered. PPU's are perfect. I think the PPU should have a spell that kills instantly all opponents in the area. Anyone that inflicts harm apon him or her should instantly genrep. But that PPU should take a hella penalty like all his PSI skills halved or no spells for 60 game minutes. I have assholes attacking me all the time just walking through a zone. I am only 1 * and they eat me alive. All PPU's that attack other players should be banned. Not the nature of the class.

deac
10-10-03, 10:53
Im ppu ranked /68 and i freaking hate parashock it ruins op fights.. I would give anything for a nerf of it or removal....

the spell have no place in a game like this,,, Only some ppu's still want that spell around

Original monk
10-10-03, 11:54
Originally posted by deac
Only some ppu's still want that spell around

I want it still around, the one thing we can use to keep them dangerous APU monks away from us is to valuable (or do you think that a capped APUmonk runs away when he see's youre soulcluster ? dont think so) , or remove the parashock and implement a serieus spell that can be used to protect ourselves (and does a littlebit damage to kill epic-persons) , heck we need alot more new spells/weapons etc... (all classes)

You wonna turn the PPU into a robot that stands next to the battlefield and only heals/shelters people and give em the number3 boosts they all so desperatly want, you know what, do as they proposed and make DB an APU spell, and remove the parashock, the 2 spells that makes it attractive playing a ppu (next to the shelter/heal ffcourse) and you have no more PPU's left, then everybody gonna cry nerf the apu, nerf the apu cause there are no more countermeasures (and no more PPU's cause they all lommed APU) yet KILL another class (does hybrid rings a bell ?) , and yet another 8 hours of lomming for me :/

I can assure you that you dont want me to lom APU for the sakes of saturn, or PP turns into a swampcave, ya never seen that many poison :angel:

SigmaDraconis
10-10-03, 11:57
Originally posted by Original monk

fix youre anger to that one class: the PPU, until they nerf em (again) , and i lom my PPU to full APU like 90% of all the other PPU's because a PPU playing isnt like THAT much fun (givin boosts the whole time gets boring also) Then ya have like a server filled with APU's, think that gonna be fun ? lets see about that...
Think you can kill the commander and every other heavy mob that easy with a NERFED ppu ? nope, GL huntin

Have you ever PPU'd in an OP war? its 10x as exciting as being any other class...you have to pay attention to yourself..your team your target and any silly people who think they can catch you with an anti-buff...sure yur not doing damage...what is damage..but little red numbers rolling off a mans head :P

Anyway the more i think about it..the less i think parashould be removed...granted it removes virtually any need for FPS skills..but on the other hand..i dont think this game code handles people running aroudn at full speed very well...half the time i para people their runspeed doesnt even change....many fast unparad people simply warp around my screen, Kramer, Shad, and Xcal mainly. (some of the fastest people ive faught) i think they should remove the sensativity nerf...so you can still fight back...you just cant dodge.

Crest
10-10-03, 12:21

Let me think...If I were pk'ed my side of this story would be a little different....Probably like

Me and a couple of clan mates were out hunting near our op. We are low - mid levels when some Asshole, PE runs up and starts shooting us. We dodged him a litle and called for re-inforcements. He took down a spy and a APU, battled with the PE though, met hi match. Since he had blin sided us this was not difficult to do. When Back up came, he put his tail between legs and ran.

Sure we had numbers, but he had the higher rank, was buffed when he hit us (He had chance to prepare for fight), and blin sided us....So it counted for nothing having numbers....So our dear PPU comes along and he runs, yes, runs from a PPU..... Hmmmm

Now I wasnt there, but this is possible a version I would also expect to hear....

LTA
10-10-03, 12:41
Originally posted by Crest
Sure we had numbers, but he had the higher rank, was buffed when he hit us (He had chance to prepare for fight), and blin sided us....So it counted for nothing having numbers....So our dear PPU comes along and he runs, yes, runs from a PPU..... Hmmmm

Now I wasnt there, but this is possible a version I would also expect to hear....

If i was out pkin with any class bar my ppu i'd run from a ppu, when i goto a fight and a ppu starts para spammin my tank or pe i pick my gr.
Once that shock hits me it's curtains unless i get a lucky anti stun but half the time it never happens.
Nothing decides the outcome of a fight as much as 1 spell fights.

I remember freezer wars, they weren't fun, they had it nicely when all freeze got nerfed, fights were fun fast moving and enjoyable, but why the hp got raised again i don't know, but all it's done is brought freezer wars back but in 1 classes hand.

My ppu is rock solid defensively, para shock is a nice bonus to allow my apu chum to marmalise everything else, i think it's stupid 2 ppl being able to take down 10 tanks simply because you can glue them at half range, then heal your mate why he pounds them.
When i see anything other than another ppu/apu combo i laugh to myself, i know they haven't a cat in hells chance at all, even unbuffed i have time to shelter and re heal.... then deflect or whatever, simply because i don't have to panic, not in the slightest worried that i might die.

evs
10-10-03, 12:47
. Aarowyn:I play Quake every week religously in tourney me and my buddies play on my 6 PC LAN.

rofl!

bet you have l33t skillz from playing in such a large player pool / so regularly :P

Original monk
10-10-03, 13:03
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
Have you ever PPU'd in an OP war? its 10x as exciting as being any other class...you have to pay attention to yourself..your team your target and any silly people who think they can catch you with an anti-buff...sure yur not doing damage...what is damage..but little red numbers rolling off a mans head :P

Yeah youre a 100% right, and i dont say a PPU is boring, but it will be if they gonna nerf the PPu's and remove all the spells that have any use in battles.
And everybody says Para is bad in OP fights but this game isnt made out of OP fights every day every hour for every person :P

And yeah i had my share of OP fights, as a PPU monk, a APU monk, (even as a hybrid when they still existed), a tank, a sniper/scouter spy, a PE (pistol and rifle), a droner, and even with my constructorspy yust to put some turrets down :) so its not like im talking out of my ass hehe

But sigma, cause ya told me its that exithing im thinking of joining a clan again :P its been a while ago i participated in "BIG" OPbattles cause of the simple reason i cannnot kill some "enemy" that i was trading parts/chatting/laughing with like 30 minutes before the OP battle...

But i feel it tingling back again :D

El Barto
10-10-03, 14:11
I think that PPUs need the parashock to get away some times, but cos it gets used so much for anything any time, it should jsut use an insane ammount of mana and also do no dmg, cos atm a PPU can take down a Gen-Tank 1v1 any day, even though they are ment to be pure defenive and not attack much, they can still kill some one who was made to kill.

Stigmata
10-10-03, 14:18
Originally posted by KidWithStick
if i see the server populations go up, and hear that paraSPAM is removed, ill come back, but just the server population alone probably wont help. the paraspam alone made how many people leave the game? i know of 4, not including me, and i dont know very many people in game...so im assuming theres alot more people who left

sigh...

its to bad i cant see you in game, id prolly PK you

you'll be back within a month, they always come back.

Andy

edit/
PPU can take down a Gen-Tank 1v1 any day, even though they are ment to be pure defenive and not attack much, they can still kill some one who was made to kill.

must be a really shit tank, my tank could out heal a ppu's attack

CookieMonster
10-10-03, 14:21
So do none of you ever use anti shock fluid?

Wannabe
10-10-03, 14:25
Uhh.. this must be like the 100th thread about parabeam. Every one bitches about the spammability and the damage it makes.

Just... please... stop. This is getting NOWHERE!

// Wannabe

Dostan'Ilindith
10-10-03, 14:26
ok so they remove parashock and you would have been unstopable

yeh right

peopl have weaknsses, get used to it

Dostan'Ilindith
10-10-03, 14:28
and wanabbe, why the fuck do you put wannabe at the end of very post. we know who posted ffs, use ur damn sig if u wanna do it so much

Thundra
10-10-03, 14:36
they should jsut make parashok half ya attack speed or summin. i would way prefere that than snail mode

StryfeX
10-10-03, 14:36
A relatively easy solution would be to simply have it so that even HP only takes away about 40% of your mobility, does no damage (in PvP, in PvM it should do a little bit), doesn't affect your turn speed AT ALL, and costs a LOT more PSI energy to cast, maybe something along the lines of 100-115 per cast. Lower the RoF, too.

--Stryfe

=Chojin=
10-10-03, 14:38
Originally posted by CookieMonster

ROFLROFL

im an APU and carry it.... but theres no fucking point as soon as the PPU see's u running at fulll speed u'r parad again...u just cant carry enough antishock for a proper fight......sure u can antishock and try to get to the gr/zone but theres no point if your planning on staying.
Antishock has saved my skin b4 tho so i am greatful dont get me wrong.

Ch0

Cruzbroker
10-10-03, 14:53
don't talk about PPU nerf, IT IS parashock nerf, which must be done..

antishock doesn't help much in paraspam..

ppu + any other: parashock, pum pum pum pum, dead ...
they hit all cos it's so easy to target. it's stupid.

AND they DON'T have to REMOVE teh spell, just decrease the effects.

Shelia
10-10-03, 15:00
I'm a ppu and i want parashock removed.
Then remove Soulcluster dmg in pvp.
And add a new spell : A shield that do damage when someone hit you, the more damage he did, the more he take. First it would prevent ppu to kill people if they don't attack the ppu, but it would also prevent ppu became a fucking target for everyone.

Ps : I hope everyone would understand me, and i'm realy sorry for my bad english.

OpTi
10-10-03, 15:04
i was playing on my ppu last night, had a few op wars.

Wanna guess what spell came out the seccond the enemy showed?... thats right parashock!

you can parashock every enemy and still have enough mana to buff and heal yourself after, it needs a reduced effect, about 100 mana to cast and around 30-40/min rof

Wannabe
10-10-03, 15:15
Uhh... other people do it and I've been doing it on the board for longer than you been playing here.

It's like saying 'Why do you have your nick on the sig / avatar when people can see it next to your post?!?!oneoneone'

Get a life.

// Wannabe

JustIn_Case
10-10-03, 15:16
Originally posted by CookieMonster

I used to, but ive realised it is useless. If an PPU wants to parashock me so his mates can kill me, then the PPU doesnt shoot one parashock, he keeps paraspamming me until i get killed by his mates.

Remove para or make it use up 200 in manapool.

Original monk
10-10-03, 15:21
Originally posted by Shelia
I'm a ppu and i want parashock removed.
Then remove Soulcluster dmg in pvp.
And add a new spell : A shield that do damage when someone hit you, the more damage he did, the more he take. First it would prevent ppu to kill people if they don't attack the ppu, but it would also prevent ppu became a fucking target for everyone.

Ps : I hope everyone would understand me, and i'm realy sorry for my bad english.

youre english is very good shelia, and even better, i think its a good idea, like elves, mirrordamage, indeed: if they give me this kind of shield i wouldnt be bothered by using parashock ( so remove em if this shield comes in the game) . Let them attack me as much as they want, they will only kill themselves :P

Stigmata
10-10-03, 15:28
youre english is very good shelia, and even better, i think its a good idea, like elves, mirrordamage, indeed: if they give me this kind of shield i wouldnt be bothered by using parashock

i agree on the english :)

but the idea has a major flaw, if the attacker takes huge damage for a hitting a ppu, then the ppu would just be invicible becuase anyone attacking them would die.

so imaging an op war with 2 ppu's per side the war would never end the ppu's would just continue to rez on both sides, or did i miss what you meant ?

Personally i would like to see parashock removed or reduced in effect, put it down to 40% runspeed hit and make it a huge mana cost sort of like 70 or 80 at least then it will make the ppu think about whether to buff his team or spam every enemy on the battlefield

Andy

]v[ortice
10-10-03, 15:30
If you wanna deal with HP change ur lame arse setups simple.

Yes you will be nerfed.

Problem I have with this HP debate is that there are ways of counteracting it in-game but people CHOOSE not to use it.

3 SKILLS...

ATHLETICS
AGILITY
RESIST PSI

Having insane amounts of each of those sub-skills will help you immensely.

Maybe if you campaigned to make the PSI setups for SPYs PEs and TANKS more useful????

Your freindly Neighbourhood PPU

Shelia
10-10-03, 15:37
but the idea has a major flaw, if the attacker takes huge damage for a hitting a ppu, then the ppu would just be invicible becuase anyone attacking them would die.

No insane domage of course, for exemple as many damage that the ppu take. It wouldn't be alot if you shoot a good ppu.
I just want a spell that prevent people attack me just because i can't do anythink to harm them.

so imaging an op war with 2 ppu's per side the war would never end the ppu's would just continue to rez on both sides, or did i miss what you meant ?

At the moment ppu can rez with alot of people shooting at him.
I mean good ppu with a decent resist setup (and maybe some unskilled ennemis :D ).

Stigmata
10-10-03, 15:39
ATHLETICS
AGILITY
RESIST PSI

hahaha good one.

go test this man it does not work in the slightest

when a tank with insane runspeed gets hit his runspeed goes to that of 0/2 noob who is in the middle of removing his LE

Andy

BlackPrince
10-10-03, 15:49
No insane domage of course, for exemple as many damage that the ppu take. It wouldn't be alot if you shoot a good ppu.
I just want a spell that prevent people attack me just because i can't do anythink to harm them.

At the moment ppu can rez with alot of people shooting at him.
I mean good ppu with a decent resist setup (and maybe some unskilled ennemis :D ).

Yes! Why don't we make the unkillable class as invulnerable as possible?

Uh let me think...NO. You're not supposed to harm your enemies Shelia, thats what you're a Passive Psi User. Parashock is about as far outside the PPU's role as a HC Spy. You want parashock? Fine. Down its RoF to 1 shot every 30 seconds. That would give you enough time to escape. Hell, PPU's are really the only people who live long enough to use Anti-Shock fluid once they get paraspammed.

As far as this whole shield idea goes, if you get that then spies should get instant cloak/de-cloak at will with weapons firing abilities. Tanks should be able to set off Tac Nukes without harming themselves.

Shelia
10-10-03, 15:55
You're not supposed to harm your enemies Shelia, thats what you're a Passive Psi User. Parashock is about as far outside the PPU's role as a HC Spy. You want parashock? Fine. Down its RoF to 1 shot every 30 seconds

Where did you see i WANT parashock ??
I said : REMOVE it.

Then i don't want to harm my ennemies, as i said : Remove damage from Soucluster.

BUT I don't want to be a target. Is that to hard too understand ??
I don't want to run away every time someone shoot at me just because i can't do anything to prevent that.

Peeping Tom
10-10-03, 15:56
yes plz nerf the fucking para shocks again, it takes away the pvp fun, and dont say oh use anti pills moron... umm pills cost alot and work badly and last umm 3 sec ?
my monk dont use any higher than holy para bolt... :P ( hey its my only offensive spell :P )
K4F

BlackPrince
10-10-03, 15:59
Wait, a PPU running from people shooting him? LOL that is GOOD!

Now seriously, you want to be godlike for what reason? LE is your friend if you don't want to be a 'target'. Otherwise, deal with it as the rest of us do. You have almost a better chance survivng an attack than a spy or PE using stealth, I'd be grateful if I were you.

Shelia
10-10-03, 16:11
Now seriously, you want to be godlike for what reason? LE is your friend if you don't want to be a 'target'. Otherwise, deal with it as the rest of us do. You have almost a better chance survivng an attack than a spy or PE using stealth, I'd be grateful if I were you.

I don't want to be godlike, what the hell make you think that ??
And i realy don't care about the Le, you don't understand what i'have wanted to say. If people attack me, unless they are alot, or if i wasn't buffed, i won't die. Ok but i don't want to run away EVERY TIME someone shoot at me.
At the moment, i've Parashock/Soulcluster to deal damage to those who want to attack me. But if you remove this, what'll do ?
I won't die : True, but i would have to run away if i don't want to have my armor at 0%8|

And please READ THIS CAREFULLY : i don't want to kill everybody, or anything like this, moreover i want some of my spell to be removed BUT i want a way to prevent beeing hit by every noob because i can't do anything to make it stop. If you think it's too much to ask , ok then don't cry about parashock.

BlackPrince
10-10-03, 16:19
You're not getting what I'm saying are you?

Deal with it. You don't have to run away from every 'noob' that shoots at you. If you were a half decent PPU the only people you'd have to run away from would be an APU pair.

Once again, I offered another suggestion; don't remove Para. Lower its RoF to once every thirty seconds OR 110 mana per cast. Either way is a good compromise.

PPU's have the best defense in the game, there is no need for you to run from anything but an APU casting Holy Anti-buff. Even then, if he's solo or with a group of non-monks you can still recast your buffs before taking too much damage.

Shelia
10-10-03, 16:32
Ok i'll try to explain again what i mean.
When i said "run away" it don't wanted to mean : run away because i'll die. I wanted to mean something like : go away because i'll get bored of people shooting at me because all i can do is buff/heal and stand there.

And your idea : don't remove para. I'm ok with this, but alot of people just want to remove all the ppu spells:eek:
What after para ? Shelter ? Deflector ? Heal ?

BlackPrince
10-10-03, 16:37
Ok maybe we're coming at this from the wrong angle. I don't want PPU's nerfed. They fit their function perfectly. What I do want is a compromise so that others do have a chance of killing them without another monk, and that others have a chance to escape from a PPU.

At this point HP is not being used defensively, but offensively. This is a violation of the very nature of a PPU. I'd support perhaps creating a Defensive SC, very powerful that only responds when the Caster is being attacked. It lasts for say...30 seconds and then must be recast. It would be a truely defensive spell and thus fit the nature of teh PPU much better.

Shelia
10-10-03, 16:41
At this point HP is not being used defensively, but offensively. This is a violation of the very nature of a PPU. I'd support perhaps creating a Defensive SC, very powerful that only responds when the Caster is being attacked. It lasts for say...30 seconds and then must be recast. It would be a truely defensive spell and thus fit the nature of teh PPU much better.

I love this idea alot, but i don't understand why you don't like my idea of a shield which do damage when ppu is attacked ?

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 16:45
Originally posted by Drexel
Oh no, when im out killing people 10 levels below me people fight back & I die !

If these people were anywhere near your level you would have been a 50% chance of getting killed. If it was more than one against you at your level youd be 90% change of dieing anyway.

One was a 65/56 APU, the other was a 81/74 spie, and the other was a 60/65 PE, please don't assume that just because I killed people against my odds that I was killing people at a disadvantage.

Originally posted by Kenjuten
Both sides of the circumstance are very extremist, it seems. :o

Parashock is a very heavy factor of how PvP works out, unfortunately. One doesn't worry about Holy Pestilance or any other high-end APU spell. No, people worry about Holy Parashock, a spell given to the PPU in order to make their fighting easier. Too easy.

It isn't too bad in my opinion, but it isn't that necessary either. You are no better than the extremist anti-PPU for making those statements.

The difference is the fact that Holy Pestalance doese not remove skill from you, only health. You have the choice to stay inside the effect of the barrel, or move. Holy paralasys you have no choice but to die. Why is it that people do not realize that this one single spell ruins PVP? It's not PPUs, it's THAT spell. This thought process is what makes me "better than the extremist anti-PPU".

Originally posted by Original monk

zzzzZZzzz

edit: the hybrid nerf caused how many people to leave ? i think a bit more then the amount of people that left for the parashock...
also mc5 (noob-area) and the long/ or hard (manual) patching, the promises KK made and didnt implement at the last sec, the bugs and lag and the "OMG i am ubber"-atitude caused many people to leave...

I don't get why every PPU says that getting rid of parshock is a nerf. If anything, it's a HUGE boost to all classes, and will allow the game to be played on a skill basis.

BTW, PPUs are not "already nerfed" as you say. IMO they are the most fun, challenging, and strongest class in the game. (with or without parashock).

Originally posted by Crest
Let me think...If I were pk'ed my side of this story would be a little different....Probably like

Me and a couple of clan mates were out hunting near our op. We are low - mid levels when some Asshole, PE runs up and starts shooting us. We dodged him a litle and called for re-inforcements. He took down a spy and a APU, battled with the PE though, met hi match. Since he had blin sided us this was not difficult to do. When Back up came, he put his tail between legs and ran.

Please see my reply to the other post saying that I was killing low level players. I didn't *find* these players hunting, I called them out by destroying thier turrets. Whatever "side" you want to take, it doesn't negate the fact that parashock is the worst idea that has ever come into a skill based, real time game.

BlackPrince
10-10-03, 17:02
Because it's already difficult enough to kill a PPU without an APU, or another PPU for that matter. The shield idea would just help increase the myth of the invulnerable PPU (which to some extent is true). The SC would force a lone attack to Fight or Flight. Which is generally what I hear PPUs complaining.

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 18:13
Ok i'll try to explain again what i mean.
When i said "run away" it don't wanted to mean : run away because i'll die. I wanted to mean something like : go away because i'll get bored of people shooting at me because all i can do is buff/heal and stand there.

And your idea : don't remove para. I'm ok with this, but alot of people just want to remove all the ppu spells:eek:
What after para ? Shelter ? Deflector ? Heal ?

That's the common PPU argument "but I won't be able to protect myself". I don't need to run away...and If I have a team trying to kill me, I will call in for reinforcements.

I'll tell you what. I will put my money where my mouth is. I will bet any player on pluto with 5-1 odds. Meaning that if you put up 100k, I will put up 500k. If you want to bet MC5 chips, I'll bet mine against yours plus 2 million (this exclude riggers and hawkins).

Here is the bet. I challenge anybody on Pluto to a duel. Everybody will use thier own buffs, and it will be proven by a /set kill self for both parties. You will be constantly parashocked, and damage boosted. There will be no interaction from the PPU other than parashock and damage boosting you (meaning I will use my own buffs, and he will not heal me). If a fight ends in a draw (wich will only happen if I'm fighting a PPU) then all bets are a draw.

I am not saying I'm uber...not anywhere close. I know of many players that can beet me. What I'm saying is that I don't need to be uber if the person you are fighting is parashocked.

Seezur001
10-10-03, 18:17
i keep hearing people say "nerf paraspam" "nerf ppu's" "remove parashock"

You people keep repeating yourself. PPU's need some type of spell to do damage to mobs, so that we are not totally helpless. I also agree that the parashock in PvP is overpowered. So instead of removing it, why dont we try something original, like adding a para resists to armors???? that way high lvl player, with high lvl armour wouldnt be affected by the para as much, and the damage to the mobs would still be the same.

So instead of raping the PPU of its only defense against mobs, they give something to everyone else, the ability to defend against para. Makes alot more sense then removing it.

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 18:36
Originally posted by Seezur001
i keep hearing people say "nerf paraspam" "nerf ppu's" "remove parashock"

You people keep repeating yourself. PPU's need some type of spell to do damage to mobs, so that we are not totally helpless. I also agree that the parashock in PvP is overpowered. So instead of removing it, why dont we try something original, like adding a para resists to armors???? that way high lvl player, with high lvl armour wouldnt be affected by the para as much, and the damage to the mobs would still be the same.

So instead of raping the PPU of its only defense against mobs, they give something to everyone else, the ability to defend against para. Makes alot more sense then removing it.

O_M_G Name a mob other than MC5 that you can't ouheal? I can outheal every mob in the game other than a full room of MC5.

"So instead of raping the PPU of its only defense against mobs, they give something to everyone else, the ability to defend against para. Makes alot more sense then removing it. "

Yes, I'm sure that making armor to defend specifically against ONE spell in the game (don't forget by doing this you are nerfing EVERY class in the game) makes alot more senseo_O . And yes, I challenge you to go solo MC5, or solo a Yrep commander....

As a capped PPU I_DO_NOT_NEED it for defence. I can outheal/run away/use superior tactics to defeat any mob in the game.

LTA
10-10-03, 18:44
ahh well may aswell try a new idea

Bring back all the freezers!!!!
If 1 class has such a battle changing weapon then make em all have it, then every class can holy para everyone!!11oneone
This is almost freezer wars anyway as most pvp fights consist of he who stuns first wins......

There is no use for paralysis apart from rendering the enemy completely useless.
PPU's are passive they shouldn't attack, if mine didn't have any attacks then it wouldn't matter to me, i can heal, shelter, deflect any attack to get away, para shock just allows me to glue ppl to slow em down, even if they ran slow or normall they ain't gonna kill me before i get away unless they para spam me to the ground and anti buff me

Seezur001
10-10-03, 18:45
Yes, I'm sure that making armor to defend specifically against ONE spell in the game (don't forget by doing this you are nerfing EVERY class in the game) makes alot more senseo_O . And yes, I challenge you to go solo MC5, or solo a Yrep commander....

i was talking about adding the resist to current armour, jackass...

that way runners wouldent be affected by it, that means it would make it less affective in PvP . which is what everyone seems to want on these threads.

when a ppu start life, they have a knife they can use for rats and what not, but what about when they grow up??? and start going after aggies???? they cant knife them, ideally we are suppposed to team, but thats not always possible. we need something that does damage so we can lvl, that probably the reason it hasent been removed already.

What works for a near capped char. doesent always work for a mid lvl runner. Para is only bad i PvP not PvM, so dont remove it from PvM.

Dostan'Ilindith
10-10-03, 18:59
'oh oh dont moan at me i been here for ages bla bla'

thats what a sig is for idiot. do you see me moaning at anyone else? no, just you

Devils Grace
10-10-03, 19:11
8|

concentrade anti-schock fluid.

whats the big deal

i just run away from apu's kuz i cant kill them, so i wont stick around trying to

and thas the way it should be

for me the game is perfect.

so stfu u all nerf fans

Devils Grace
10-10-03, 19:12
DAMN IT

i mean " i run away from ppu's" and when im alone

thx

Cryotchekk
10-10-03, 19:19
bring back freezer pistols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelia
10-10-03, 20:16
That's the common PPU argument "but I won't be able to protect myself". I don't need to run away...and If I have a team trying to kill me, I will call in for reinforcements.

You know what ?
If Hp is removed i'll be alot harder to kill. Why ? Cuz atm with parashock and dmg boost on me, it take some time to kill me. If i can move full speed... that'll be alot harder.
So remove Hp, i would be happy, but it would love a defensive Soulcluster instead of the offensive (and dumb) one that i have.

Fez
10-10-03, 21:08
I dont see how in op war HP can be that bad or even a factor, if ur ppu use carthis santum all the time neither side has a benifit... there is a balance with HP and that holy carthis santum

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 21:17
Originally posted by Fez
I dont see how in op war HP can be that bad or even a factor, if ur ppu use carthis santum all the time neither side has a benifit... there is a balance with HP and that holy carthis santum

Even with cat sanctum and drugs, with the ROF of parashock you are still glued to the floor. Beside, is a PE, Tank, or Spie able to use cat sanctum?

ANNNNND if you still think it's balanced, click on the link in my siggy and take the challenge.

Lucjan
10-10-03, 21:25
Cant get rid of the feeling half the people posting in this thread have no real clue about PvP and OP fights...

Those who spend a huge part of their time with PvP will one day stop crying for nerfing paraSPAM, instead they will call for getting freezers back into the game as it doesnt matter much which way around PvP is screwed. We've been there before...and I dont think we want to get back there again...

Promethius
10-10-03, 21:41
Originally posted by Cubico
Hi,

well, I find it lame when people in OP wars are dropping stunning turrets.

lol thats the most fun thing to do when the odds are stacked against you and your holding an OP. Drop a few stuns. I remember back in the day there was 3 of us remaining in North Star. We were able to hold off like a group of 10 - 16. We had stuns and gatlins everywhere. They kept tryin to get in but with no luck (remember this was the days of the uber hybrids...of course that is which i had). Well eventually they started to get in the front entrance. So i run up behind and place a stun and a gatlin. 30 secs later you have a buncha dead tanks and apus and PE...with one remaining ppu healing themself. Then the good ole antibuff and teh gatlin cannon was the end of that ppu. Then a few remained outside of the OP. Then as we kept scrapin up a few outside i eventualy died and a PPU ressurected all the dead people and we eventually lost.

But a great battle none the less. (keeping in mind i spent 3 mil for it)

Peeping Tom
10-10-03, 23:08
[i]Originally posted by =Chojin=
im an APU and carry it.... but theres no fucking point as soon as the PPU see's u running at fulll speed u'r parad again...u just cant carry enough antishock for a proper fight......sure u can antishock and try to get to the gr/zone but theres no point if your planning on staying.
Ch0 [/B]
ye lol... one of the reasons i do got anti shock.. so i can run zone and park my char some where safe.. no point inn fighting with para spammers..
K4f

SeXy Happy
10-10-03, 23:26
Need other freezer weapons to work effectivly in game again. At least give everyone the chance to freeze. Why do I have a 5 slotted freezer weapon if I cant use it?

RuButt
10-10-03, 23:32
EDIT: plz delete post

Radamez
11-10-03, 00:05
yep.. i whole-heartedly agree..

on my PE parashock = death .. unless i have the lucky opportunity to munch an shock blockler whilst stealthing,

but being virtually immobile means all your opponents land 95% of their shots, which is bad for a guy relying on the fact he can dodge most hits with uber speed..

yes i die in a good fight without para involved, so i'm not saying para is the only reason I sometimes lose in pvp, which is the impression biased people (those with ppu's/rely on ppu's - not all, those i've seen) get from the so called whiners.

yes i would love neocron without PPU's ATALL - but, that's hardly fair to those that have invested time and energy into making theirs, so my comprimise is :

remove/nerf drastically parashocks OR at the very least make freezer pistols/rifles etc do more than give somebody slight cramp .. but personally i would like to see them both removed entirely. /end rant

RPG

EDIT: I hadn't read the whole thread before posting, noticed this posted by Seezur001..

So instead of removing it, why dont we try something original, like adding a para resists to armors???? that way high lvl player, with high lvl armour wouldnt be affected by the para as much, and the damage to the mobs would still be the same.

fookin great idea IMO :)

Promethius
11-10-03, 06:12
So instead of removing it, why dont we try something original, like adding a para resists to armors???? that way high lvl player, with high lvl armour wouldnt be affected by the para as much, and the damage to the mobs would still be the same.

Ummm briliant. This IMO could actually solve this boggling problem with parashocks. Though knowing KK, either it will barely resist the shock or complete rid u of shock. But i have faith they can find an even medium (if they actually take the idea).