PDA

View Full Version : 5 v 5 tourny, think this would be good?

nonamebrandeggs
10-10-03, 04:03
Here's my idea:

5 on 5 fight tourny, only 1 of each class (I've seperated PPU and APU into to classes); so 1 spy, 1 tank, 1 APU, 1 PPU, and 1 PE. I can't think of a place to hold it, but it would be this sunday at 3:30 EST (Same time as Fight Night is, but on a saturday). I think this would be a great way to show which team is really "The Big-bomg-diggity-shiznit-poppa-cracka-jack" at even odds. I've already got a team with moi in it forming in my mind :D. Server is pluto.

BlackPrince
10-10-03, 04:05
How about no PPU"s so it comes down to skill alone?

petek480
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
I've already got a team with moi in it forming in my mind :D. Server is pluto.
I hope i'm on that team noname:D

nonamebrandeggs
But both teams have 1 (one!) PPU so the skill of the PPU is important... stop trying to leave PPUs out of this.

petek480
10-10-03, 04:06
Originally posted by BlackPrince
How about no PPU"s so it comes down to skill alone?
Well he can make it so holy para aren't allowed, then there would be skills involved.

mdares
10-10-03, 04:08
yeah:

holy para = no skill

no holy para = LETS GET READY TO RRRRRRRUUUUUMMMMMBBBBLLLLEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

:D

QuantumDelta
10-10-03, 04:08
Not entirely true, in a small controlled battle like that, anti-para could actually be employed, or even holy cath sanctum.

There's a few ways you could play a skilled ppu...meh.

edit;
*Doesn't take a holy para ppu..takes a parashock beam ppu instead* :D

Shadow Dancer
10-10-03, 04:10
Um ppus shouldn't be allowed IMO, because the PPU has such an overinflated role that if 4 extremely skilled people get stuck with a lame PPU they'll get 0wned.

nonamebrandeggs
10-10-03, 04:10
Choose a good PPU then...

petek480
10-10-03, 04:13
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Um ppus shouldn't be allowed IMO, because the PPU has such an overinflated role that if 4 extremely skilled people get stuck with a lame PPU they'll get 0wned.
Why does everything always have to be the ppus fault with you? What if a extremely good ppu gets stuck with 4 shitty other players, huh? So according to your logic no one should be allowed to fight.

Shadow Dancer
10-10-03, 04:15
Originally posted by petek480
Why does everything always have to be the ppus fault with you?

Why do you always have to exaggerate? :rolleyes:

What if a extremely good ppu gets stuck with 4 shitty other players, huh? So according to your logic no one should be allowed to fight.

The likelihood of getting stuck with 4 shitty players is a bit on the "out there" side. Also, it works both ways and if 4 "mediocre" players get TEH UBEREST ppu on their side and win.....

I'm just saying that in my OPINION ppus should be left out of it.

It woudl also give a tremendous advantage to the team with more apus. Whereas without a PPU an apu would just be merely another contestant.

QuantumDelta
10-10-03, 04:18
Lame.
A single APU / PE Team can kill a PPU No problems.
No matter what the PPU Does.

nonamebrandeggs
10-10-03, 04:21
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Lame.
A single APU / PE Team can kill a PPU No problems.
No matter what the PPU Does.

I wanna see that...

petek480
10-10-03, 04:21
It woudl also give a tremendous advantage to the team with more apus. Whereas without a PPU an apu would just be merely another contestant.

Originally posted by Nonamebrandeggs
5 on 5 fight tourny, only 1 of each class (I've seperated PPU and APU into to classes); so 1 spy, 1 tank, 1 APU, 1 PPU, and 1 PE.
Only one of each class allowed in a team. So it's gonna be a even fight and if some people on one team sucks and they lose, oh well.

Shadow Dancer
10-10-03, 04:23
Only one of each class allowed in a team. So it's gonna be a even fight and if some people on one team sucks and they lose, oh well.

O

I guess I misread that.

Too bad SD is gone, I would have 0wnzererererreed the event. :p

nonamebrandeggs
10-10-03, 04:25
O

I guess I misread that.

Too bad SD is gone, I would have 0wnzererererreed the event. :p

MayhemMike > you

Or just to be nice MayhemMike = you

Shadow Dancer
10-10-03, 04:26
hahaha no

MayhemMike
10-10-03, 04:38
mayhemmike ownz0rs u =P . I've been playing other chars so i have been rusty :O . SD IS GONE?@???@R$J#:%#%LK. i killed killing you :O

Shadow Dancer
10-10-03, 04:48
Originally posted by MayhemMike
mayhemmike ownz0rs u =P . I've been playing other chars so i have been rusty :O . SD IS GONE?@???@R$J#:%#%LK. i killed killing you :O

You rarely killed me mike, it was much more often the other way around. :) Come on you know it's true.

MayhemMike
10-10-03, 04:49
no lies , i don't even remeber fighting you that much cept the posion/zone in pp1 which doesn't count :O anyway , what do you mean no more SD ?

Shadow Dancer
10-10-03, 04:54
no lies , i don't even remeber fighting you that much cept the posion/zone in pp1 which doesn't count :O anyway ,

Bad memory. :p

anyway , what do you mean no more SD ?

I rerolled to a spy. I was waiting to get a job to buy a 2nd account, but I was unable to get a job for weeks.

You won't believe this, but I got a job the very next day after I rerolled. I swear to god no lie.

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 04:59
Hm...

This looks rather interesting.

Question though. What if the person wanting to participate in this tourney is a hybrid?

(I'm leaving level stuff out atm, I won't be doing PvP myself for a while, but I just want to know how hybrids would be handled in this situation.)

@ SD: Bah, such irony. :o

SigmaDraconis
10-10-03, 05:01

Indeed...get a good PPU....PPU's arent that overpowered..its the good ones that are..same for the good PE's and the good APU's....tanks r the newb charactor so not much you can do there...and spies r just so weak even the good ones arent overpowered :P

Alex The Great
10-10-03, 06:16
I'm Your Tank noname. RAWR

MayhemMike
10-10-03, 13:33
i r teh best apu money can buy =P . Shadow , i don't even remeber fighting you much when i was in CD . All i remeber is sunrise as their only apu most of the time . Good ole simmions fights =P

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 13:38
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
I wanna see that...

me and grievance (me on PE, Griev is a APU) we took out evil glor's PPU at hawkin's, have also taken out another one of their PPU's with just me and griev.

Antubuff or Anti Shield does the trick nicely :)

El Barto
10-10-03, 13:53
I'd love to be in it, and great idea

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 20:44
My question still went unanswered. xD

You may have put one of each 'class' into this 5v5 thing, but now there seems to be no place for the Hybrid monk to go in. :(

If a hybrid would want to do this sort of thing, will they be disallowed, or will they be allowed to fill one of the two monk slots?

nonamebrandeggs
10-10-03, 23:24
Originally posted by Kenjuten
My question still went unanswered. xD

You may have put one of each 'class' into this 5v5 thing, but now there seems to be no place for the Hybrid monk to go in. :(

If a hybrid would want to do this sort of thing, will they be disallowed, or will they be allowed to fill one of the two monk slots?

A hybrid can replace the PPU, so 1 APU and 1 Hybrid.

greendonkeyuk
11-10-03, 21:11
Are there any real hybrids left??? Pardon my ignorance, my experience of pluto is limited as i tend to spend my time there away from populated areas, but on uranus i know of only one real hybrid left and ive NEVER seen him pvp.

Kenjuten
11-10-03, 21:42
They're around..I'm one of them...(but because I read the forums too damn much AND have too much college work to do, I rarely have time to do much in-game :D I make up for it by learning the game in-depth as a scholar.) but as far as I can tell they're a pain in the ass. It's mostly if you want a challenging experience, basically. And this is just talking PvM. :o

Ark
11-10-03, 23:08
Ohh eggs pick me for ur pe, come on u know u want my sexyness :)

(Besides I always save ur Rad suit for joo :lol: )

deac
11-10-03, 23:16
i r teh best apu money can buy =P . Shadow , i don't even remeber fighting you much when i was in CD . All i remeber is sunrise as their only apu most of the time . Good ole simmions fights =P

Shad is was one of those new newb apus :P

Alex The Great
12-10-03, 00:09

Haha yea man those days were fun.....i miss them....... *tear* Hold me Mike.