PDA

View Full Version : Why do turrets attack each other?

MayhemMike
10-10-03, 03:34
Why do your own turrets attack each other? this is fucking bullshit :O

CryptoChronic
10-10-03, 03:53
our own turrets were shooting us today too lol

MayhemMike
10-10-03, 04:11
It pisses me off that you lay down turrets and they kill each other during heavy fire.

FarSight
10-10-03, 04:44
Originally posted by MayhemMike
Why do your own turrets attack each other? this is fucking bullshit :O
mayby are bored ?
o_O

RayBob
10-10-03, 04:45
I think it is for the same reason that your own turrets will attack you if you do some damage to them. They will attack anything that attacks them and sometimes turrets accidently hit each other as they try to hit an enemy and that suddenly makes them hostile to each other.

Ray

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 05:02
Sounds like a mutation of the 'angry NPC' bug-thingamajig.. O_o

ZoneVortex
10-10-03, 06:06
No it's not even an accident...

It's just like sometimes you lay down a gat near another gat, and they just start shooting eachother 8|

G.0.D.
10-10-03, 06:35
Well I had a chat with Mr.Turret and he said that Fred the turret called him a dirty gat!
Mr.Turret was of course offending (being that hes from a small town) and shot a couple rounds in freds face.

Well BELIEVE you me fred wasnt gonna stand for no dirty gat shooting him in the face, so fred shot back

BTW this is how world war 2 started.

StryfeX
10-10-03, 06:40
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
No it's not even an accident...

It's just like sometimes you lay down a gat near another gat, and they just start shooting eachother 8| They supposedly killed this bug a few patches ago. Looks like KK introduced yet another undocumented change. o_O

--Stryfe

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 06:43
Because you took the OP without destroying the turrets. When you lay down more the old turrets will attack the new ones.

Eddie
10-10-03, 10:57
If turrets shoot another turret in crossfire (which happens), then the turrets are programmed to attack whatever entity attacked them - even a turret on the same side.

This has always been a bug since.. well, ages... I remember a few months ago NDA held Gab mine, and set all turrets on kill-all, so we managed to turn a few on each other and sat back to watch some fireworks.

A simple check on whatever the attacking entity is, and if its a turret, DON'T SHOOT IT.

Simple :D

Eddie

El Barto
10-10-03, 14:58
That bugs een around for months now