PDA

View Full Version : I see dead people.......

ghandisfury
09-10-03, 23:27
Just a poll to see if the comunity thinks it would be a good addition to the game. I propose that somebody (other than a monk) get a tool to remove dead bodies from combat. I would like to see it given to the PE, (simply because I want spies to get thermalvision) but a tank or a spie would do.

If this tool was given to somebody, I think it would eliminate a bit of the monkocron that we are running into. It will also eliminate dead spies, or keeping the UG forever...or simply not tapping out.

If it ever came ingame, I would like it to instantly GR you to your appartment. I think it whould be a tool that takes about 10-12 seconds to cast, and a very short range, maybe 50m.

Dribble Joy
09-10-03, 23:32
more like poke range if it were to come in.
Make 2 lvls, each as fast as the ressurection spells, he who shoots first wins.

Shadow Dancer
09-10-03, 23:32
SHould it be a tool any PE can spec for(like TC with stealth) or should it be soemthing a subskill can take advantage of?

Maybe implanting can be used? Like implanting the corpse with electro magnetic blah blah *insert rp reason* to force the body to go through advanced SI *continue RP reason*.

Anyways, I like the idea.

BramTops
09-10-03, 23:33
I like it. Give it to the "underpowered" spy (e.g. hi dex requirement).

Would add another dimension to large (op or whatever) fights.

5 stars

Jest
09-10-03, 23:33
Hmm actually might be a good idea. Don't make it an item or anything, but maybe make the dead body targetable and give it a certain amount of health points so you can blow the hell out of it. :)

ghandisfury
09-10-03, 23:49
Originally posted by BramTops
I like it. Give it to the "underpowered" spy (e.g. hi dex requirement).

Would add another dimension to large (op or whatever) fights.

5 stars

Well, like I said, I would wrather have the PE have it because I would like to see spies get thermal vision, and get a boost on the SH. That was a spies "dimension" would be snipe and find the sniper.

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
SHould it be a tool any PE can spec for(like TC with stealth) or should it be soemthing a subskill can take advantage of?

Maybe implanting can be used? Like implanting the corpse with electro magnetic blah blah *insert rp reason* to force the body to go through advanced SI *continue RP reason*.

Thought about that, but then I though about what subclass to put it in...intell? No, because then any monk could use it. Dex? No because then we would just be gimping the spies and PEs that want to use it. My humble opinion :)

Shadow Dancer
09-10-03, 23:54
OOps you're right. It should be a TC tool I guess like stealth. It's a bit sad though, I've always thought APU should have gotten any anti-ppu spells. :p But for the sake of balance I say PE. And yea you're right, I would prefer the spy's sniping ability be enhanced.

Cruzbroker
10-10-03, 00:25
PE, spies don't make it very well in combat... DEX + TC tool, (specified for PE?).. would be cool..

athon
10-10-03, 01:18
Originally posted by ghandisfury
If this tool was given to somebody, I think it would eliminate a bit of the monkocron that we are running into. It will also eliminate dead spies, or keeping the UG forever...or simply not tapping out.

Don't like this idea. It doesn't fit with the game.

Also, the argument above doesn't matter anymore since you're not allowed turrets in the UG until they fix it so that the UG switches immediately no matter whether someones in it or not.

Athon Solo

Jest
10-10-03, 01:22
Originally posted by athon
Don't like this idea. It doesn't fit with the game.

Also, the argument above doesn't matter anymore since you're not allowed turrets in the UG until they fix it so that the UG switches immediately no matter whether someones in it or not.

Athon Solo It doesn't fit into the game? If Neocron was real life I'd bring grenades with me into battle and when some one "died" I'd lob a grenade at their soon to be in a million pieces corpse so there wouldn't be anything left to resurrect.

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 01:24
duuhhh

if anything this would be for a MELEE tank... give them SOME KIND OF FUCKING USE !!!

They can cut up the corpse with a new rare called THE BUTCHER :D

Marx
10-10-03, 01:24
Add a dex based first aid skill. It should be dexterity based because in most cases its not about what you know (its drilled into you until its a habit.) its how fast you can do it.

You know who'll be teh ubar at first aid then? The tank.

Why should the tank be teh ubar with teh first aid? Because soldiers always have to be the most knowledgeable in terms of emergency feild medicine. .

:D

Mirco
10-10-03, 02:19
Why just not nerf the ressurecting spells to 1 cast per minute or 1 cast every 2 minutes, with a secondary function to ress someone the way it is now, but doing so instantly anti-buffs the caster. Effective ressing would then be possible for the one who controlls the battlefield/won the battle.

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 06:41
Originally posted by Mirco
Why just not nerf the ressurecting spells to 1 cast per minute or 1 cast every 2 minutes, with a secondary function to ress someone the way it is now, but doing so instantly anti-buffs the caster. Effective ressing would then be possible for the one who controlls the battlefield/won the battle.

Because I don't want to nerf PPUs. I do however want to give a tactical way to remove people from battle. Plus, think about how short OP battles would be then.

Make the tool a counter for rezz, about the same ROF, but much less range.

hose187
10-10-03, 08:56
I think Fenix has got it.

Kenjuten
10-10-03, 09:11
... <_< >_>

There's no Dead Animals choice on the poll... :o

</Spam>

Anyhoo, great ideas everyone. :D

jernau
10-10-03, 10:48
Let anyone with free load >50 pick up the bodies and carry them or even better throw them.

Hours of fun for everyone.

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 10:53
Originally posted by jernau
Let anyone with free load >50 pick up the bodies and carry them or even better throw them.

Hours of fun for everyone.

:rolleyes:

Kill someone in a warzone, pick em up, take em to a anarchy zone, rez kill, lotssa belts to hack 8|

jernau
10-10-03, 10:59
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
:rolleyes:

Kill someone in a warzone, pick em up, take em to a anarchy zone, rez kill, lotssa belts to hack 8|

I thought of that but I couldn't decide whether I liked the idea.

On one side - wtf are you doing afk in a warzone?
On the other - could be kinda annoying considering the no. of sync bugs the game has at times.

It's easily fixed though - dont' let the bodies zone.

Dru Blood
10-10-03, 11:01
i disagree with removing dead bodies, however i did think that being able to move the bodies was a good idea, like u can on splinter cell.

pick up the bodies and dump in 1 corner of the op :D how cool would that be.

also id like to see the option for being rez`d like a little dialog box that pops up saying do u wish to be rezurected yes or no.
:angel:

SigmaDraconis
10-10-03, 11:12

Fuck RP...give it to tanks....HC/TC based explosive they strap on to a body ;) 2 versions..first takes about as long as a capped TL55 rez..the other a little faster then a holy rez....no AOE tho mind you..sick fags would find a way to abuse it to kill people :\... melee like range basically so u have to sit on the corpse, and obviously..not run castable. give it like a 3 sec delay after cast...just cuz i wanan see people pissed off that they got GRed right after a rez cast haha :D..would be so funny

"shit i died"
"ill rez ya"
"thats what you think" *plant bomb*
*rezzed*"wheew just made it"
*boom*
"OMFG WTF GAY GAY FUCKING KK WTF I WAS REZZED"

Shadow Dancer
10-10-03, 11:17
ffs this thread is just turning into a "OMG GIVE IT TO MY CLASS LOLOLOLOOL HEE HEE HEE HAR HAR"

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 11:19
ffs this thread is just turning into a "OMG GIVE IT TO MY CLASS LOLOLOLOOL HEE HEE HEE HAR HAR"

it is ?

Everyone missed my ''give it to the melee tank'' post.....

hose187
10-10-03, 11:42
Hey, not everyone. I certainly don't have a melee tank.

SigmaDraconis
10-10-03, 11:45
Im not a tank either :P

Dru Blood
10-10-03, 11:50
how about being able to cast like a stealth on the dead body, the only way for the ppu monk to rez would be to first cast the holy true sight sanctum and then run around looking for his buddies.

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 11:57
Originally posted by Dru Blood
how about being able to cast like a stealth on the dead body, the only way for the ppu monk to rez would be to first cast the holy true sight sanctum and then run around looking for his buddies.

That would be like trying to find a ghost tho..... o_O o_O the bodies would still be there, to rez them that way, however what I do thing is MAKE MELEE TANKS HAVE A USE !!! give them a rare called the butcher (dejavu?) and then they can cut up a corpse so it can not be ressurected :D (im serious.... do it ya hear ?)

Dru Blood
10-10-03, 13:01
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
That would be like trying to find a ghost tho..... o_O o_O the bodies would still be there, to rez them that way, however what I do thing is MAKE MELEE TANKS HAVE A USE !!! give them a rare called the butcher (dejavu?) and then they can cut up a corpse so it can not be ressurected :D (im serious.... do it ya hear ?)

yeah thats the idea, ya cant just completly get rid of the corpse, ppl will be bitching, noo noo my ds lost 10% noo nooo whine whine, u still need to be able to rez them at somepoint, so i rekon the stealth would be cool, maybe if the stealth had like a 3 minute effect, afterwhich the corpse would re apear. also would give the holy true sight an extra benefit :D

\\Fényx//
10-10-03, 13:03
yeah thats the idea, ya cant just completly get rid of the corpse, ppl will be bitching, noo noo my ds lost 10% noo nooo whine whine, u still need to be able to rez them at somepoint, so i rekon the stealth would be cool, maybe if the stealth had like a 3 minute effect, afterwhich the corpse would re apear. also would give the holy true sight an extra benefit :D

if their worried about their DS so much they they shouldnt have done something silly like getting killed then should they :p ;)

El Barto
10-10-03, 13:33
You wil get some a$$es that will go round doing it do dead people who have died huntin waiting for a rezz, and the guy getting rid of the dead body will have a LE in so they can do nothing to him.

athon
10-10-03, 14:51
I am against this diea, but if this tool was implemented, LEs would have to be banned from using it, or banned from using it on non-LE users. Otherwise you could just take an LE with said tool to an OP fight and have him run around 'killing' the corpses.

Athon Solo

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 16:51

What about people who don't have a clan to rezz them? What about people that don't have an alt to call on for a rezz? There is no difference....there should be a penalty for death, and if you are in a big clan that has voice chat there is none. We had an OP war the other night, and 5 players sat for a half an hour waiting for a rezz.

Yalson
10-10-03, 16:58
Isn't being out of action for half an hour enough penalty?

Marx
10-10-03, 17:00
Originally posted by Teh' Marxy Poo
Add a dex based first aid skill. It should be dexterity based because in most cases its not about what you know (its drilled into you until its a habit.) its how fast you can do it.

You know who'll be teh ubar at first aid then? The tank.

Why should the tank be teh ubar with teh first aid? Because soldiers always have to be the most knowledgeable in terms of emergency feild medicine. .

:D

ghandisfury
10-10-03, 17:50
Originally posted by Yalson
Isn't being out of action for half an hour enough penalty?

No, because durring that half an hour they are able to spie on our clan. They have implimented a spell to use against the over-powered PPUs, now put someting in to stop a person from staying idle for hours on end. OOOOORRR, start dropping belts in warzones. I have started to just rezzkill people who stay idle in anarchy zones....once they are killed, I start a rezz, if they beat the rezz to their appartment, they don't lose another belt. Their need to be a way to remove these spies from battle, whether it be by fear of losing another belt, or by removing them "politely".

athon
11-10-03, 02:13
Originally posted by ghandisfury
No, because durring that half an hour they are able to spie on our clan. They have implimented a spell to use against the over-powered PPUs, now put someting in to stop a person from staying idle for hours on end. OOOOORRR, start dropping belts in warzones. I have started to just rezzkill people who stay idle in anarchy zones....once they are killed, I start a rezz, if they beat the rezz to their appartment, they don't lose another belt. Their need to be a way to remove these spies from battle, whether it be by fear of losing another belt, or by removing them "politely".

Don't forget, AFAIK, rez-kill in warzone still knocks out more imps. Means they have to stay in NC longer getting poked up.

Athon Solo

Shadow Dancer
11-10-03, 03:27
Originally posted by athon
rez-kill in warzone still knocks out more imps.

No it doesn't.

SigmaDraconis
11-10-03, 03:29
half the point behind rezzing most the time is so you dont pop imps..lol

athon
11-10-03, 09:57
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
half the point behind rezzing most the time is so you dont pop imps..lol

Doh! That's what happens when your posting at 1 am.

I stand corrected.

Athon Solo

Yalson
11-10-03, 17:33
then just push the bodies into a pond or somewhere nearby where they can't spy.

Bosk
11-10-03, 18:38
Originally posted by Yalson
then just push the bodies into a pond or somewhere nearby where they can't spy.
Yalson hit the nail on the head. Just blast the corpse to move it to a location where the dead player can't see shit. Problem solved.