PDA

View Full Version : ER... tank's help!

Clownst0pper
09-10-03, 19:41
OK, I now have 3 capped chars - PPU, Pistol PE, and Rifle Spy.

Ive made a tank. Got myself a marine, zerk 3 etc etc. But I dont really want to search and trade for a herc chip, Not with saturns economy..Can someone tell me a decent brain setup without a Herc?? And if its even possible to have a good tank without one! o_O Seems most people feel it isnt possible...

Another Question, Whats the first Cannon I should be using to level? I really havnt a clue as far as tank's are concerned! :confused:

\\Fényx//
09-10-03, 19:47
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
OK, I now have 3 capped chars - PPU, Pistol PE, and Rifle Spy.

Ive made a tank. Got myself a marine, zerk 3 etc etc. But I dont really want to search and trade for a herc chip, Not with saturns economy..Can someone tell me a decent brain setup without a Herc?? And if its even possible to have a good tank without one! o_O Seems most people feel it isnt possible...

Another Question, Whats the first Cannon I should be using to level? I really havnt a clue as far as tank's are concerned! :confused:

ROFL jesus herc's arent the be all and end all of being a tank, jeez... my tank dont have a herc and I can beat any decent tank

Marine, resistor, moveon, hbb3, AMC3

There, thats my tank's setup

alig
09-10-03, 19:59
LoL yeah....what? hercs are'nt a needed setup for a tank :lol:

I barely loose to any tank 1 v 1 and the ones that do beat me dont normally have hercs.....i dont have one, i dont need one....ive got quite a nice CS (4 slot :D) so i figure that helps...i use atm.....amc3/marines/pp chip/moveon in my brain.... i get 238% aiming on my cs with my buff...capped RoF (227/min) and im fine without a herc and dont actually think i even need one, one incy wincy bit.

Nixon
09-10-03, 20:05
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
ROFL jesus herc's arent the be all and end all of being a tank, jeez... my tank dont have a herc and I can beat any decent tank

Marine, resistor, moveon, hbb3, AMC3

There, thats my tank's setup

Yeah! but you just couldnt/cant beat me ;}

using herc/marine/moveon/pp
used amc3/marine/moveon/pp

Not that much difference.. The other setup just costs 15mill more.

alig
09-10-03, 20:17
Originally posted by Nixon
Yeah! but you just couldnt/cant beat me ;}

using herc/marine/moveon/pp
used amc3/marine/moveon/pp

Not that much difference.. The other setup just costs 15mill more.

Which comes to the point where actual 'player skill, player reactions' Real-Time come into play, it isnt just how good your imps are....:p

Clownst0pper
09-10-03, 20:19
Um, Now, Er. What spines you guys using? Cos isnt CS like TL 115? (Really has no clue about tank gear) so with moveon and a marine gives +8 so ur spine is like str booster 3? or hardenedback bone or something? :confused:

I feel such a n00b :angel:

KidWithStick
09-10-03, 20:27
MC5 chips arnt even that major of a thing, there like kami chips, you dont really need them...but there ok to have, but there major draw back is when there broke you feel like shit because of how much value they have.

i use (and this was just testing some stuff out)

MOVEON, PP resistor, AMC3, and marine.

it seems like if you take out the AMC 3 and the PP resistor, and put in a zerk 2 and 3, you aim faster, and maybe shoot a CS faster, but the resistor makes for good setups, and the AMC 3 is pretty good too.

Nixon
09-10-03, 20:32
CS is TL105

hardenbackbone 3

Itth
09-10-03, 20:34
Um, Now, Er. What spines you guys using? Cos isnt CS like TL 115? (Really has no clue about tank gear) so with moveon and a marine gives +8 so ur spine is like str booster 3? or hardenedback bone or something? :confused:

I feel such a n00b :angel:

harden backbone 3 (since it gives hc) and cs is tl 105 :P

Nixon
09-10-03, 20:36
Beat you to it, Itth

I R TEH WINAR!!!11

RuButt
09-10-03, 20:37
my tank:

base str: 94

setup:

marine
moveone(the one u lost!!!)
PP Resist
Zerk 3 (stfu i still pwned)
HardenBackBone 3
exp/BQ bones
MC3 eye or something..

and armor:

helmet: Dura 4
Torso: dura 4
leg: inq 4
boots: heavy inq

might be a crap setup, but ive still killed some herc bitches with it.

Clownst0pper
09-10-03, 20:37
Super, Cheers guys...TL 105 for CS *cough* Raise its TL *cough* :lol:

Nixon
09-10-03, 20:38
Agreed, CS is so underpowered that my tank cries himself to sleep every night.

RuButt
09-10-03, 20:43
Agreed, CS is so underpowered that my tank cries himself to sleep every night.

its underpowered?

or r u cryin' because it wont work on PPUs? =)

(been a while since i played on Pape, or Papi or Pepe, or Papa...or whatever u call him!! - as in im edrahgor)

Nixon
09-10-03, 20:46
NERF THE MONKS! (not apu cos i play one)

so..

NERF THE PPUS!

KK should make a anti-ppu ammo-mod.

SargeK
09-10-03, 21:10
KK should make a anti-ppu ammo-mod.

They already did...its called APU. No char anyway, only a dumb ammo mod which is able to walk.

Clownst0pper
09-10-03, 21:15
Rubbut/Ed! U OWE ME A HOLY PARA! I NEEEEEED IT! :p

Serious! :D

RuButt
09-10-03, 21:27
Rubbut/Ed! U OWE ME A HOLY PARA! I NEEEEEED IT! :p

Serious! :D

heh...kinda...well...

acc expired and i prolly wont afford to pay anything until after chrismas =/

Nish
09-10-03, 21:37
I'd go with AMC 3 myself but a targeting CPU 3 gives you a nice chunk of wep lore and allows you a tinny bit more agility in the long run. I've even heard of using cpu 3 with a herc and knocking out one of the usual three.

Marzola
09-10-03, 23:15
You don't need a herc. All they're good for is being a challenge to get.

I use

Marine
PP Resistor
Moveon
Movement Controler 3

I've been using that setup for a long time and I do fine.

WithSlitWrists
09-10-03, 23:19
haha why do you guys all use AMC3 it's a piece of crap there are way better chips you can have in your head than that...sorry but it's the truth...and in all actuallity for pvp you don't need a zerk 3 either unless you are a melee tank...

Cryotchekk
09-10-03, 23:22
my tank has capped int with 75-80 wep lore (all int into weplore) and 166 hc, and 3 slot tpc (im a noob remember) but i still get a rather shit 155shots a min but the wep is on like 170% damage. how the fuck am i supposed to cap cs rof, i dont know how the fuck u do it :(

Sigma
09-10-03, 23:29
kao WTF r u doing?

just ask me!

n00b :P ^^

u know i'm "teh ub4r t4nkz0r" on saturn >_<

kaykay, listen up m8

1. no herc is needed
2. IF u really need one, ask storm he wants to trade his herc for an SA
3. u should start with a grenadelauncher, till u can use a lasercannon, then get a ppu and do some grims or wbs ^^
later then cave all the way :)

hope that helped, if not DM me ffs >_<
i'm on my monk most of the time (ya know DangerKlaus, teh most evil APU on saturn >:D )

Marzola
10-10-03, 01:12
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
my tank has capped int with 75-80 wep lore (all int into weplore) and 166 hc, and 3 slot tpc (im a noob remember) but i still get a rather shit 155shots a min but the wep is on like 170% damage. how the fuck am i supposed to cap cs rof, i dont know how the fuck u do it :(

What % is the frequency condition at and what have you moded the gun with?? That has a big effect on the RoF. If the weapon doesn't have good stats, you won't do well with the weapon.
You also don't need to capp RoF on a CS to do well with it. Right now I have about 205 RoF with 195 HC, and I do perfectly fine. Remember, in PvP just holding down the trigger on a CS is not the best way to fight. You need to make sure you have a good lock before you fire.

Clownst0pper
11-10-03, 01:47
i'm on my monk most of the time (ya know DangerKlaus, teh most evil APU on saturn > )

Sigma...I know u? I was just curious to see a tanks response to my answer...

In response to my own thread its not neccasery but its nice to see the high spec...Personnaly you dont need a Herc, Its your setup and Skilll which makes a goood tank!!! I have realised that after much experiance of tank playing...Keep it up guys...Thanks for the tips again!!!

Kaolin/Kreole/Ikari - HIS BROTHER's POST