PDA

View Full Version : Stability

Aarowyn
09-10-03, 10:31
Hi all I am back finally, had rl issues to deal with. My whole clan bailed. hehehehe. It really sucks. I am a PPU and I had to reallocate all my skill points and that sucked being freshly back, but I managed. Anyway, I've been gone almost 8 months and I crashed 3 times within about an hour. I mean complete crash to desktop. One time I was getting the synch of death, then it puked to desktop. I read the forums and I see the usual stuff, but shouldnt game stability be priority number 1? I didnt see any lag and zoning was as smooth as a baby's bottom, but the crashes for no reason were a little unnerving. I was only looking around, getting myself familiar with the surroundings again, killed a couple of launchers... no big deal, but do those complete failures happen allot still? I can see that becoming a problem pretty quick. In case you are wondering here are my system specs:

ASUS A7N8X DLX Motherboard
ATHLON XP 2800 Processor
GeForce 4 64MB DDR Video (ASUS)
512 dual channel DDR PC 2700

Just wondering if these crashes are still common. Looking for a TSUNAMI Clan on Pluto who could use a 1* PPU as well. heh

See everyone in game.

shend
09-10-03, 10:36
crashes occur evry once in a while. i suggest u learn to live with it. its like having a girlfriend, u gotta take her parents as well:D

welcome back btw

Oath
09-10-03, 10:42
You gotta keep her parents?

what, like in the basement? tied up n stuff?

and yeah nc + stability = :wtf: .

some zones are worse than others though.

welcome back dudinator

deac
09-10-03, 11:51
Originally posted by Aarowyn

Just wondering if these crashes are still common. Looking for a TSUNAMI Clan on Pluto who could use a 1* PPU as well. heh

See everyone in game.

that would be pimp.. the only decent tsunami clan on pluto

Candaman
09-10-03, 14:28
*cough decent cough bullshit cough* :P

Aarowyn
09-10-03, 21:19
I have been reading the forums and I see allot of people leaving. Allot of rumors floating around here. Like there is only 1 programmer left... etc.. If that is true KK, I can prolly get atleast 3 out of work proggers that would probably work for peanuts just to be part of a project. (If that is true that is). I would even volunteer my time if you need a network engineer / project manager. Anyway I have played all the latest MMOGS Out there and they all have 1 thing in common... They are pretty and stable as hell. But they are not the least bit playable - boring within the week. SWG is the worst and prettiest of them all. I am back because this game has heart. It delivers what it says albeit with allot of crashes. So, before you leave and drop all that cash on a new game just to find out it is played out, You should atleast wait for a month after launch and check it out, unless you get in on beta.

I think this game needs an expansion with a code rewrite while keeping most of the mechanics the same. Then an ad campaign from hell. Neocron would be mopping up the competition for months...hehehehehe

Anyway just a thought....

greploco
10-10-03, 11:42
yes YES yes, I'm having the same experience. I took a long break and the crash rate is definately up, way up.

on the flipside - these are much nicer crashes usually. my system doens't become all flockkerd and half of the time there is a nice little dialog window stating the obvious --- "fatal error".