PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bug

Crest
09-10-03, 09:40
Is this a bug .....

We went to Gab Mine to do some decays and bots....

We take a bot, and then team mate starts to hack....I running around a little looking at various things, scoping out the terrain...You know that kinda stuff...

So I get back to teamie and see red numbers above his head, not plenty just a few , couple of 4 and 5..... Watch his health and he is loosing it. Throw my ubber tank heal on him...Then look at my health.. It was 100% before,but has dropped a little, No one is shooting us, plus it would have to be some crap weapon to be doing such little damage....

We were on the Sync line so did just that, Sync and no more health loss...

I assume it is a known bug....
Anyone else got something ke that, else just chip in you fav bug

\\Fényx//
09-10-03, 09:44
Yo's shooting you ?

Tombad
09-10-03, 09:45
Yeah, something like this happened to me and my clanmate yesterday. We were hunting WBs when suddenly in one "valley" I got shocked and my health started to drop.

Of course I was like WTF? Mate came there too and he started to get pounded too. We couldn't see anyone or anything near us.

We just came to conclusion that there was a WB hidden under the ground, some bug maybe.

Dru Blood
09-10-03, 09:47
the shopkeepers of yo take pot shots at u
maybe a cyberguard stuck in the terrain
when u fail a hack it takes about 4 hp off u.

Yalson
09-10-03, 09:52
Gab mine sector is bugged occasionally - a couple of times I've been hit by some invisible WB there.

but if it was only small damage then i gues must have been something else :)

kurai
09-10-03, 10:31
Gab also has some weird problems along the sync lines.

You can often find a shitload of the lower level mobs stuck way out past the visible clipping plane, but still targetable.

i.e. If you stop just before you zone south, for example, in certain places and equip a weapon with decent range you will get targetting boxes & reticle lock on stuff you can't see in the distance ... essentialy 500 metres past the zone line.

Sometimes if the major mob spawn seems slow it's worth going to a border and zapping the many little critters "trapped" here, and hey presto - suddenly you get an assload of Warbots and Decayed's popping up all over the rest of the zone.

Oath
09-10-03, 10:37
same shit happened to me and a few mates last night. our danage was more like silent hunter dam though so we ran about the zone like mad....................ahaaaha i outheal silent hunter omzo!

bounty
09-10-03, 10:40
I've had a bug quite a few times, i'll be in a warzone and i'll lose health slowly, but i am like on fire, but yet no MOB in sight, and i even move and zone, still taking the damage
Its totally weird, but its like alcolyte is shooting at u or something

garyu69
09-10-03, 11:21
I had this happen the other night, but up at the MB.

I was showing off my HA Trike and i was at the Vehicle Depot.

I then noticed my health dropping, looked aroung and there was nothing in site to shot me.
Asked on chat who what the hell was shooting me and there was nothing. I even took out any enemies within distance to doubly make sure.

It was very strange, some weird force was sucking my health :(

Kenjuten
09-10-03, 14:18
Going out on a limb here...but perhaps the radiation levels overall in the wastelands are increasing? I remember once upon a time that it was pretty harsh to be in the wastelands as the radiation reduced one to mere nothingness. Sometime later we were able to adapt to the radiation levels enough such that it could barely bother us.

But what if...?

Candaman
09-10-03, 14:32
OMG DOY IN THE GROUND :P

Cruzbroker
09-10-03, 15:49
that happens sometimes..
Once at MB bunker I was outside then went to bunker heal and buff myself (had LE that time), then noticed I was dropping health.. healed myself minutes and still losing health, no one near, exept players who couldn't shoot me cos LE, then I died.. there was no mobs not even outside.. nothing else than health dropping slowly..

Technocrat
09-10-03, 16:00
This is caused by invisible mobs.

Next time it happens relog and you'll find some mob walking around that you couldn't see before.

juvestar15
09-10-03, 16:05
Originally posted by Technocrat
This is caused by invisible mobs.

Next time it happens relog and you'll find some mob walking around that you couldn't see before.

Ye that would be my guess.
Even though the mob looks dead, it isn't. Happens to me with Terror Maulers and Doomreapers.

One time a Doomreaper changed into a TG guard. Relog fixed it :)

VVerevvolf
09-10-03, 16:19
Its a very old thing, I already had my hp going down slowly at least 10 patches ago.

Vampire222
09-10-03, 16:58
could be an invisible warbot, i seen one months ago really annoying