PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Mouse?

NeoChick
09-10-03, 07:21
What is the best mouse to get for gaming?

I have a Logitec 700 with a whole lot of little buttons but they all dont work with Necocron.
I have tried all kinds of different settings.

For some reason some mice do not work with certain games. I find for instance that in Diablo all mouse functions work without a hitch, and the same mouse will not function for some buttons in other games, regardless of settings

(of course the left and right mouse button works all the time, I mean the little buttons and the scroller)

So, any advice? What kind of mouse have others got?

Vid Gamer
09-10-03, 07:27
http://content.gametiger.com/peripherals/mice/#top10Mice

LVirus
09-10-03, 07:27
I have Logitech MX500 and mine does not work with Neocron. Reason is that they are not supported by Neocron thus your buttons goes wasted.

Wannabe
09-10-03, 07:30
I use the Microshi... sorry, microsoft's optical explorer mouse. It has five buttons (left, right, 2 on the side plus one on the scroller) but for some reason (I blame NC ;) ) the 2 extra buttons don't work. So I have binded them on Vent for the mic.

I also have the MS wireless keyboard and mice but due to it eating batteries like a pig, I don't use it. Last time I ran out of batteries was fighting with 3 Titans so... thanks to MS, I got killed :p

// Wannabe

[SP]Ostrich
09-10-03, 07:36
I have a logitec dual optical, the extra thumb button works :D

NeoChick
09-10-03, 07:42
Thanks for the replies, well looks like I have already the No 1 mouse on the list of the top ten mice

I guess I can blame Neocron that their game does not support mice (despite having rats coming out of your ears and haunting your dreams for the first few weeks of gameplay because that is the main occupation when you start this game :) )

hinch
09-10-03, 08:08
my ms explorer thumb buttons work fine in nc

btw try putting blue led`s in it looks scary purple with all teh red plastic :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-10-03, 08:10
Originally posted by LVirus
I have Logitech MX500 and mine does not work with Neocron. Reason is that they are not supported by Neocron thus your buttons goes wasted.

I dunno bout u and neochick but my logitech mx 700 works fine with NC. I use the thumb button to jump and the other to reload. if u got that logitek shit software as your driver take it out and use generic windows driver.

hinch
09-10-03, 08:12
btw incase your wondering what the best mouse available for fps gaming is its this

http://www.razerzone.com/products/ + skates + pad

•Super|\|ova•
09-10-03, 08:20
I have Logitech MX500 and as LV said NC doesn't support it, so, it's features are waste on NC. Though it's definitely the best mouse there is I think. I recommend buyng it. Really.

FBI
09-10-03, 08:34
im using a 3 year old logitech analog mouseman.

it allows me to precisely aim with my wrist .

Optical is for the weak.

FBI

deac
09-10-03, 08:41
MX500 yeap im happy with mine

Original monk
09-10-03, 08:48
Logitech Wheel Mouse Optical

is what i have, its the number 2 in vidgamers list and its a very good mouse, and its extremely cheap (around 25 euro's) so why need more ? unless ya dont want any wires and then i suggest the wireless version :P

NeoChick
09-10-03, 08:57
I'll try to use the Logitec mouse with normal drivers and hope it will work.
That Logitec software that comes with the mouse is so horrible, you cannot get rid of all the hundreds of ads and stuff that pop up constantly interrupting the game!

I'll also see if I can get the thumb button to work at least. I usually play in the dark and it is difficult to find some of the keys by feel especially in a battle

bounty
09-10-03, 09:01
wingman > all i bought 3 of them right before they got discontinued. No better mouse out there, PERIOD.

GurTjaN
09-10-03, 09:01
Logitech Mx500 just got this mouse its great i like it already

Al3X
09-10-03, 09:06
logitech mx-400 (fuck wireless, go wire! :p)
get an icemat as your mousepath and you'll love it :) very accurate, comfortable and it does exactly what you want it to do: being a good mouse :lol:

Alpha-Omega
09-10-03, 09:29
I got a Genius Wireless Optical mouse, 4 buttons and a wheel/button too. Nice mouse and cheap too, i get a week outa a set o rechargable batteries in it and i use mah pc ALOT!

Edit: Al3X, WTF is an icemat???

Al3X
09-10-03, 09:44
http://www.icemat.com/ ;)

FarSight
09-10-03, 09:47
Originally posted by bounty
wingman > all i bought 3 of them right before they got discontinued. No better mouse out there, PERIOD.

heh wingman's are cool i have 2 (one broken but keep it for parts) .... to all mx500/700 users if game does not support add buttons try to instal Micrsoft Inteli drivers or Razor Bumslang drivers (but i think that 9.76 drviers from logitech fix most probs with them) ... my m8's form rtcw clan were using this drivers before logitech relesed 9.76

EDIT: in some versions of mouseware drivers you need to manualy edit your registry to enable 800dpi on mx series .. try searching FPP online gaming communities forums (eg. clanbase.com, cgl, cyberX) .....

Dru Blood
09-10-03, 09:51
its amazing how much we can talk about mice :p

im using my logitech mx300, good mouse and high dpi works good for me,

dont forget a decent mouse pad helps too im using an everglide one, which i took from the intel masters gaming event in london last year :) took em 3 months to pay me the prize money though O_o

Owain
09-10-03, 09:53
http://www.twolizards.com/graphics/mickey.gif

greploco
09-10-03, 09:58
http://www.razerzone.com/

I know it's out of fashion these days, but the thing will beat any mouse period

yes it looks like it would feel funny to control, it's not

ElfinLord
09-10-03, 10:13
Originally posted by Owain
http://www.twolizards.com/graphics/mickey.gif
Hands down this is the best mouse that was ever created.

However, for gaming I use the MX500. I downloaded the 9.78 drivers for it and I was no longer able to use the extra buttons in Neocron. So I reinstalled the 9.76 mouse drivers and, while I'm not able to use all of the buttons I can use 3 of the extra 5 buttons it gives. I mostly use those for quick belt slot access. This way I don't have to take my hand off the mouse or the keyboard to access my Psi Boosters or MedKits.:D

Anyway the MX 500 gets my vote.

ElfinLord

Omnituens
09-10-03, 12:53
in optical mice, is the red light produced by a red LED or a White LED going through red plastic?

cant decide, and i dont have one to rip to peices.

Stigmata
09-10-03, 12:58
Optical Intellimouse pro i think is mine, best mouse ever, on my 3rd now though, they seem to not like being tripped over and flung across the room

Andy

hinch
09-10-03, 14:54
Originally posted by Al3X
http://www.icemat.com/ ;)

if your on optical then just a smooth clean surfact and skates > icemat

though they do come in a nice tin :)

Al3X
09-10-03, 15:03
Originally posted by hinch
if your on optical then just a smooth clean surfact and skates > icemat

though they do come in a nice tin :)

i have a nice optical mouse (mx-400) :rolleyes:
and i love the icemat :D
even better then my smooooooooooooooth desk or teletubbies mousepath :angel:
icemat > all :)

hinch
09-10-03, 15:09
its not as good as my desk top but it is better than a normal mat

mind you i use a better mouse since logitech mice are clearly inferior

Cruzbroker
09-10-03, 15:28
I have MX500.. the best :D
You can set any key on the mouse, but then it messes up the windows tho, but you can use them in NC as mouse buttons...

I got the default "change window" button to F12 which I don't use in NC, but BF1942 it has a lot of things to do...

hivemind
09-10-03, 18:49
My Logitech MX-700 is teh pwn. The batteries last forever and it recharges fully in like two hours. It also comes out of standby really quick - I don't ever remember it affecting my performance. But like someone said, just circular file the Logitech software and use the Windows drivers.

alig
09-10-03, 19:03
As long as it has more than 2 buttons and is modded with illuminous lights underneath your o.k :p :rolleyes:

Also....why on earth would you need more than 2 buttons for Neocron? :confused: It's not like you need to quickly switch to the last used weapon....Im just to much a CS fanboi....1337 button setup!!!!1111oneone:rolleyes:

Cruzbroker
09-10-03, 19:23
Well, in NC I have Jump, Use, Shoot atm. might add something (I use scroll for wéap)..
but in BF1942 ...
I got: Camera change, Parachute, Shoot, hatch (landingship or what ever it's called) up/down, airplane turn up/down, zoom/snipe.......

AND Ventrilo (like roger wilco / team speak) is in MOUSE ...

love it.

ino
09-10-03, 19:32
I'd say for casual gaming and such, a Logitech mouseman+ the one with the scroll wheel.

for casual to "extreem" gaming :) (Quakeworld ownage) the logitech mousman optical, the second version that actually reacts to movements, unlike the first retard optical mouseman. I'll use the optical when I play Quake 1, cause there's no mouse ball and you dont get irregular fuckups with it like with ball mice..

Zu (Pluto)
09-10-03, 19:37
Logitech MX-700. This is one superb little mouse.

If you have problems getting the buttons to work in games and stuff, there is a support page on the logitech site and some utility you can download that changes how button support works.

Sorry that I can't remember exactly, since I set it up once and now everything works. But have a look.

Zu

Oath
09-10-03, 20:15
I got a 'dead' mouse, 2 buttons, though one got a wire stickin out of it :rolleyes: go figure, nice fast movement, leaves a bit of a mess though, and isnt compatible with anything.

Oh well

ill stick to my logitech wireless thingy.

Nixon
09-10-03, 20:44
Logitech Pilot Wheel.

Been using the same model since.. a long time ago.

When old one broke after making 122153126246,6 frags in QW,
I just bought the same mouse again. Last time it was hard to find
one as they dont make them anymore but managed to acquire it
from some hillbilly town's pc store :P

Daniel
09-10-03, 21:26
I don't know if you're still interested or not... but I use a MS IntelliKouse Explorer Pro 3.0.

I had it for about a year when gradully the mouse wheel wore out, but a quick phone call to MS and they sent me out a replacement.

Other than that minor problem it's served me well for the past year, and I hope it will do so for another couple of years.

msdong
09-10-03, 22:01
well, my MX500 works with all buttons and the common logitech soft.
but i think they are not "that cool" i miss my logi dual optic because of the better feel. sad that this one slowly lose all its glide pads. i think i have to put som customs under it. :)
to ask what the best mouse is ? hmm difficult. logi and MS are both cool in quality but i like the logi better because the weel feels better. im right handed so i can just chose out of all the mice out there.
one thing is shure - i dont like wireless :)

Opiate
09-10-03, 22:54
I've been using a Boomslang 1000DPI for a long time now, and it works perfectly ;)