PDA

View Full Version : Strange books?

Frotto
09-10-03, 06:33
Ok so the patch notes reitterated that they actually dropped, but has anyone actually seen a rare book drop on the retail servers? does anyone even have a screenie of one so that I will know what they look like if they ever actually drop?

Frotto

Nooq
09-10-03, 06:43
To be more precise with my opinion

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/droms.JPG

there

edit: corrected a typo :P

ZoneVortex
09-10-03, 06:48
Oh yeah, they DO drop from droms.

Lanigav
09-10-03, 12:18
I honestly believe that they're not even in the game. SOMEONE would've gotten one by now.

Stigmata
09-10-03, 13:26
i believe a chap on jupitor has got one, but maybe it is bullshit or maybe he got a....... special one from a......... friend

Andy

El_MUERkO
09-10-03, 14:15
Not seen one, not heard of one dropping, I'm in a few pretty large clans across the servers and no one from any of the clans has mentioned seeing one, theres lots of people power leveling alt chars and second accounts so they're killing cave mobs and bosses all the time but no ones even had a wiff of them.

Archeus
09-10-03, 14:20
What with Kamis being a programmed spawn with certain set of rules, maybe the books are too?

Does the book start the quest? or is there an npc to start the quest? Maybe you have to activate an NPC then go whack something?

t0tt3
09-10-03, 15:51
Books = DoY = a myth O_o

Scarus
09-10-03, 16:05
Clan Mate (will stay un-named) got 2 from high level mobs within the space of 10mins... they do exist just not everyone is lucky bitches :p

ZoneVortex
09-10-03, 16:06
Originally posted by Scarus
Clan Mate (will stay un-named) got 2 from high level mobs within the space of 10mins... they do exist just not everyone is lucky bitches :p

Pfff yeah have him post screenies then

Scarus
09-10-03, 16:08
Okay, when he comes online ill ask him to post them... people have reported them dropping from apparitions (or whatever) in the worm tunnels... that was before the GM's said they now drop from every rare dropping mob... so why is it so hard to believe?

Judge
09-10-03, 18:53
I want screenies before I belive in them.

I quite possibly dislike this method of gaining rares even more than tech parts.... well I like the method I just don't like the damn 1:100 (or whatever it is) drop rate.

Disturbed021
09-10-03, 19:16
Posting a screenie is the only way anyone will believe they exist atm. I have not heard of ANYONE getting one on Pluto yet, but I didnt ask everyone :p

Darth Slayer
09-10-03, 20:11
Well I ain't have much chance to test the formula yet but apparently they drop from all Tech mobs but it's a minute chance.
However they are supposed to drop more frequently from cave boss mobs. Looks like I'll camp the grave for a day or two and see if my bitch the Blood Viper King will drop one.

Divide
09-10-03, 20:34
all I want to know about the things is what they look like-- does it look like a datacube or book or what-- mainly asking this so I dont have to mouse over every piece of loot in a tech-dropping mob just to make sure I dont throw it out

Spy<VS>Spy
09-10-03, 21:54
see the thing is, odds speaking that even if they have a 1 in a thousand chance of dropping in say a doom reaper or war bot...

howmany does the server kill on a day, i know if i am out shitting around i rip up about 100, without breaking a sweat, they are an EASY mob to kill and there is spots where they spawn almost non stop.

so if i take out even 50, then if a mere 20 other people did that as well...ONE of us, would find a rare book. now lately i have been seeing whole clans of like 80 people each, searching in multible caves and whatever...and i yet to be whacked by rare shotgun. ;) and belive you me, odds are, i will be the first killed by one in the pluto server.

but who knows, meh...i have a feeling, they are GM spawn only. or if anyone has them, a GM helped em. its usually always that way, whens the last time you saw a 30/30 newb or someone go, hey i have this funny thing from a doomie called a strange book...do i sell that or...eat it...or something?

because if those numbers where true, theoriticly you would be seeing that happen.

beats the shit out of me though.

Progenitor
09-10-03, 22:29
One of my biggest concerns is that I might miss one.

I kill a lot of stuff, and they never seem to be by themselves. There are times when I am facing three chasers that I can't always loot one that dies.

Or I am in the midst of multiple dooms, hoppers, terrrors and kill them all only to find one or more of the dooms has vanished before I loot it.

I always wonder if that might be the one that got away and not even know it.

-p