PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE fix NC

MAFIA-Biggin
09-10-03, 04:02
well since the last patches ive had nothing but more lag and all the new bugs... then on top of that it goes into the game and as soon as i enter plaza BOOM it blows up... it wont work with the new ATI catalyst graphics suit! well since this is all radeons im wondering if anyone else has the new drivers? PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP!

::edit:: ive noticed that it crashes when i move... standing still im fine( or untill i enter 3rd person)

Keiron
09-10-03, 04:06
I don't know that much about ATI cards, but woudn't it make sense to just use the older drivers if the new ones don't work?

MayhemMike
09-10-03, 04:08
ya i always have all kinds of weird ass grapchies bugs with my ATI 8500. Its hella fucked up .

MAFIA-Biggin
09-10-03, 08:09
Im not going back to older drivers because other games need them... I only crash when I try to move so WHY cant they fix that?

massic
09-10-03, 08:34
I'm usuing the latest Catalyst drivers for Windows 2000, I have two diff pc's I play from, both have Radeon's installed. The one with the 9700 PRO rarely has any problems. The one with the 9000 has graphic glitches every two seconds, I just got used to ignoring them.

Most of the glitches are

All textures turning to gray.
Seeing the seams of the ground almost like a grid you would see in map editing mode.
Every angle of the mouse changes the sky from day to night.
The skybox taking on different textures, like gun models.

But I hardly ever crash maybe once every 4 to 6 hours, but I don't think that's often enough to cause concern.

With the old drivers I could barely play the game, my FPS was under 10 and doing anything was nearly impossible.

CoDi
09-10-03, 11:12
Originally posted by MAFIA-Biggin
I only crash when I try to move

Disable this ATI control pannel tool in your systray.

MAFIA-Biggin
09-10-03, 11:33
Thanks codi... almost imbaressed I didnt think of it...

P.S. CoDi is the shiznit!

Krll
09-10-03, 15:54
Originally posted by massic
All textures turning to gray.

Switch your sky detail to medium or low. That should fix this problem.

-Krll

t0tt3
09-10-03, 19:45
Originally posted by CoDi
Disable this ATI control pannel tool in your systray.

W0000t :eek: Codi reads the forums :D Woohoooo I am happy
No I like this.. really

When staff from NC/KK reply on these forums are just great = they care about us players...

So more repies =P

Zu (Pluto)
09-10-03, 20:14
I disable the icon in my system tray and turn the sky off completely to reduce weird Z-buffer effects.

I still have the annoyance of having my vision obscured when someone is behind me. It's less bad in 3rd person, but I prefer 1st person. And I still haven't been able to enjoy a proper subway ride! I so so want to be able to ride the subway and be able to properly see outside and watch everything zip by. :( It's sad but the biggest "cool" moment I have in the game is riding the subway. It's a working subway! The game is big enough to need one! How cool is that! ..ahem...

Anyway, other problems include:
Occasional loss of textures in El Farid / El Farid Underground (which is nice cuz I can see all the Scorpions perfectly)
Horrible strobe-tastic effects when a Soul Cluster is around - which makes playing in the Worm Tunnels impossible cuz my head hurts after a bit.
Occassional weirdness outdoors with the light-mapping (I think).

Things have been steadlily improving though.

I have a Radeon 8500LE. But soon, very soon I hope, it will magically morph into a nice Radeon 9800-np. :)

Zu