PDA

View Full Version : Pushing Effect Of Stun Turrets Is Ruining This Game

RayBob
08-10-03, 22:52
Being stunned is one thing, but not being able to move at an OP fight because a turret has you pinned is unacceptable. This has been going on for one year! When do you people plan to fix it?

Duder
08-10-03, 22:54
Dont worry....theyll fix it.....hahahahahahahah!

You got just 2 options really.
Just fight op wars with the crappy stun trap, or just forget about op wars.

Guess which one i took.

Phiberdelic
08-10-03, 23:04
oooo another "This {insert useless whine topic here} is whats ruining the game"

Wow I never thought I'd ever see so so so so so so many SINGLE things ruining this game...its just truly funny.

Perhaps whats "hindering" this game is people like you whining, which gets more people to whine, which gets even more people to go out of their way to find problems. Soon everyone thinks they are a QA for the game and tear it apart which creates a community-wide emotional tailspin, its a global brainwashing done by each other to everyone else. The more times you hear that product X is bad you will eventually believe that product X is bad (btw product X isn't really bad it just has a funny smell"

der Ed
08-10-03, 23:18
Originally posted by RayBob
This has been going on for one year!

One year ago I could walk in, solohack, and don't care if there were any turrets around. I simply ignored them cause they didn't do anything at all, and if they did, I could outheal it with a medikit.

RayBob
08-10-03, 23:27
Phib, you have no idea what you are talking about. Customers of every product, in all industries, complain. Customer feedback is often the catalyst of change.

Your post is the utterly useless one; you do not discuss the game or it's mechanics but rather attack the forum members. This forum was created for us to talk about the game, the good and often the bad.

Why don't you make your own post about how complainers are ruining this game. I assure you I won't go there and talk about stun turret problems.

To the mods, why don't you delete replies like his that do not even address the topic of the post but simply attack posters?

Ray

RayBob
08-10-03, 23:28
Originally posted by der Ed
One year ago I could walk in, solohack, and don't care if there were any turrets around. I simply ignored them cause they didn't do anything at all, and if they did, I could outheal it with a medikit.

Stun turets didn't always push you? I thought they did. When did they start doing this?

Ray

SorkZmok
08-10-03, 23:33
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
oooo another "This {insert useless whine topic here} is whats ruining the game"

Wow I never thought I'd ever see so so so so so so many SINGLE things ruining this game...its just truly funny.

Perhaps whats "hindering" this game is people like you whining, which gets more people to whine, which gets even more people to go out of their way to find problems. Soon everyone thinks they are a QA for the game and tear it apart which creates a community-wide emotional tailspin, its a global brainwashing done by each other to everyone else. The more times you hear that product X is bad you will eventually believe that product X is bad (btw product X isn't really bad it just has a funny smell"

If i wasn`t close to a ban because i tend to swear alot, i now would say something like"If you've got nothing to say, stfu and stop posting such useless shit."
Well but i wont say that so don`t worry. o_O

Shadow Dancer
08-10-03, 23:34
Phib, you have no idea what you are talking about. Customers of every product, in all industries, complain. Customer feedback is often the catalyst of change.

Your post is the utterly useless one; you do not discuss the game or it's mechanics but rather attack the forum members. This forum was created for us to talk about the game, the good and often the bad.

Why don't you make your own post about how complainers are ruining this game. I assure you I won't go there and talk about stun turret problems.

Thank you ray, someone needed to say that.

To the mods, why don't you delete replies like his that do not even address the topic of the post but simply attack posters?

Ray

Yes absolutely. Like you said, those replies never really address the thread and are just off-topic attacks.

SigmaDraconis
08-10-03, 23:35
Hes talking about laser turrets and plasma ones (before plasma ones even did damage probably)...any more the only person who can out heal a turret with a medkit is a PPU or PE..maybe..gats actually hurt....stuns should stun..but not lock me in the corner till someone decides to notice and place a couple gats near me. :rolleyes:

Marx
08-10-03, 23:36
I think stun turrets should stun everyone.

Barb wire doesn't work one way - why should the shock turret?

SorkZmok
08-10-03, 23:37
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
Hes talking about laser turrets and plasma ones (before plasma ones even did damage probably)...any more the only person who can out heal a turret with a medkit is a PPU or PE..maybe..gats actually hurt....stuns should stun..but not lock me in the corner till someone decides to notice and place a couple gats near me. :rolleyes:

Worst is when you accidently run into the entrance a tiny bit too far, then get stunned and fall down the small ramp some ops got at the entrance. Insta-death that is. Actually that even beats a Holy Para...;)

LTA
08-10-03, 23:48
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
[B]

Many single problems are just as bad as 1 big problem

RayBob
08-10-03, 23:48
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
....stuns should stun..but not lock me in the corner

Originally posted by SorkZmok
Worst is when you accidently run into the entrance a tiny bit too far, then get stunned and fall down the small ramp some ops got at the entrance. Insta-death that is.
Exactly.

Shadow Dancer
08-10-03, 23:49
Originally posted by Marx
I think stun turrets should stun everyone.

Barb wire doesn't work one way - why should the shock turret?

Hrmmm, interesting idea.

What does everyone think about this?

CRAIG DIGGERS
08-10-03, 23:53
Little tip
If the PPU nerf you first with the para you will be pushed slower ?

^.^

Op wars AND turrets erm cracy :p

alig
09-10-03, 00:17
Stuns + undergrounds = fucking WANK! kk u just ruin everything :mad:

der Ed
09-10-03, 03:41
The time I could outheal turret damage (yes, with a pe) there haven't been stun turrets and they also didn't cause any serious damage - if they did any at all. Often they simply didn't attack. Or attacked the owner. Or innocent other guys watching. They were just crap that cost a lot of money. They were useful to kill off newbies.. and iirc, they most times got destroyed by mobs, which they tried to kill with their puny damage.

That was about one year ago, so don't complain about what you have now :)

Of course, a change on how they work wouldn't be the badest of ideas.. whenever I encounter one, this would be the situation where I'd love to send an "airstrike here pls" to my commander :D

kurai
09-10-03, 10:55
It's been stated by GMs before now, that if you are pinned in place by a stun turret so you cant move at all, that it is considered a bug, and they will remove it.

The only problem is that it's extraordinarily unlikely that you will actually be alive when a GM to eventually comes along to "free" you :D

-FN-
09-10-03, 11:32
*shrug* while it is an unexpected effect, I really don't mind it. It's just the way Stuns were implemented in the game and I've just learned to deal with it. While yeah, when you're against them, some points of it suck, but using them as defense is great.

Richard Slade
09-10-03, 11:59
It always puzzled my why people let themself be hit in the first place
Why not kill the damn turret instead and stay away from the walls
Or am I way out of leauge here?

\\Fényx//
09-10-03, 12:05
Originally posted by Richard Slade
It always puzzled my why people let themself be hit in the first place
Why not kill the damn turret instead and stay away from the walls
Or am I way out of leauge here?

Because most of the time in a OP fight (ever been in one?) you dont notice those little flickers, your chasing someong and bang your in the turret, now if your unlucky you get pushed down a slope/into a wall/into a corner and your fucked... :(

Richard Slade
09-10-03, 12:09
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Because most of the time in a OP fight (ever been in one?) you dont notice those little flickers, your chasing someong and bang your in the turret, now if your unlucky you get pushed down a slope/into a wall/into a corner and your fucked... :(

Umm and no time to blast the damn thing then I suppose
Well BAD but on the other hand
Shouldn't li'l Defenders have a li'l help at times
Since AFAIK many OP fights starts of because attackers looks at CityCom
And goes "oooh not many ppl there!"

GurTjaN
09-10-03, 12:16
damn i love my holy thunderstorm right now :D

kurai
09-10-03, 12:22
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Umm and no time to blast the damn thing then I suppose
Because they have an area effect you often can't actually line them up for a shot.

Certain clans *cough* (naming no names) will happily put them inside boxes, behind Underground ladders, inside Yo's vendors etc etc.

Matthew.v.smith
09-10-03, 12:30
Its pretty damn hard/Annoying when ure pwning some geeza in an OP war only to suddenly move like a snail and then u slowly shuffle into a corner as u try to free yourself from a stun trap.

Most of the time the stun trap is then out of reach for u to kill meaning u have to either wait to get wasted by it or a gatling/Runner or try and push your way into an un affected zone.

and anyway if u were chasing someone in the first place their aint a lot u can do to prevent insta-pwn as u shuffle your cards in a corner.

Matty.:lol:

Omnituens
09-10-03, 12:34
You are all saying that this has been going on for a year.

yet when i joined, turrets were not yet implemented. and that was under a year ago.

i dont mind the push from stuns. could do with tweaking though.

Archeus
09-10-03, 12:41
Originally posted by Omnituens
You are all saying that this has been going on for a year.

yet when i joined, turrets were not yet implemented. and that was under a year ago.

i dont mind the push from stuns. could do with tweaking though.

yea I was wondering about that as Stun Turrets haven't been around a year.

As for ruining the game. Here is a crazy tactic I used (but may get you banned! :eek: ). Look around the Op for little electric sparkles, that means a stun turret is in that general area... THEN STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT.

SigmaDraconis
09-10-03, 13:22
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Hrmmm, interesting idea.

What does everyone think about this?

Well..I think twice as many people would blame them for killing OP wars..or half as many people would use them :P...

as for this "gee why dont u avoid the turret all together"..yes this is all nice and dandy...2 problems arise here 1) you need the element of suprise at all costs and hacking must be done before eliminating a turret or..my favourite 2) some invisable magic FAIRY comes by and drops one behind you mid battle..

You see, I don't mind having to use a special tactic to get around something compeltely unbalanced in a game....its when those special tactics really dont work and were forced to deal with this crap head on, that i get irritated.

Oh and simon..there are these nasty little things called graphical bugs...had them quite a few times in this game..more then one occasion the specific bug would be the shock field NOT showing up.

athon
09-10-03, 14:11
What about if stun turrets were removed until they were fixed?

Athon Solo

RayBob
10-10-03, 04:40
Originally posted by kurai
It's been stated by GMs before now, that if you are pinned in place by a stun turret so you cant move at all, that it is considered a bug, and they will remove it.

The only problem is that it's extraordinarily unlikely that you will actually be alive when a GM to eventually comes along to "free" you :D

Well, that is reassuring. At least they seem to be admitting it is a bug and we can expect it to be fixed............................................................................................... ...................................................................eventually.

QuantumDelta
10-10-03, 04:53
Again, stuns are the only turrets that HAVE to be blown up (if placed correctly) that a ninja hacker cannot ignore.

It's stupid that people can just walk through turreted ops and hack.

I'd say remove the stun and if you're "stuck" inside the field you temporarily gain the ability to push against the field somewhat (letting you free), so long as you're not trying to push into the field from outside (so that it actually works like a solid wall unless you are actually STUCK within it).

SigmaDraconis
10-10-03, 04:58
Nah they shouldnt push at all..if they didnt push..and they were used correctly with gatlings..the combination woudl be deadly and un ignorable for ninja hackers..and wouldnt completely fuck an OP battle either.

LLL
10-10-03, 06:24
Well i think that not having the push would bring ninja hackers back since they could just walk in, but you could take the push affect out and replace it with like a motion sensor or somethin so if someone gets stunned by the turret the clan is notified.

El Barto
10-10-03, 15:02
They should only shock, not push.