PDA

View Full Version : How long would I last in an OP fight?

Alex Mars
08-10-03, 21:31
Evaluate:

A PE is level 39/54 carrying a Gatlin Rifle and wearing CA PA over other armour bits and is considering entering OP warfare. We'll leave resists and such out of the question for now.

Is this is viable in combat or a recipe for roadkill?

Duder
08-10-03, 21:37
Youll be more in the way then be of some use.....unless you drop turrets or become a meat shield...

Jest
08-10-03, 21:40
Yah your best bet would to go around sexing the enemy to try and confuse them.

bounty
08-10-03, 21:40
Totally agree, you'll do next to no significant damage, but just taking the hits for your stronger players makes your fighting worth it.

edit: lol jest, that is fun, i've done that before when i was a /30 tank

ghandisfury
08-10-03, 21:47
One to two hits from HL and your looking at the sky. Not only are you not causing enough damage, but you're manapolising your PPUs time. Now if you were an APU it would be different. Even though you would die quickly, you are causing good amounts of damage.

Please take note that Neocron is/has turned into monkocron. The last few OP fights I've taken part in we were not beet because we were outnumbered, or becuase we had inferior tactics....it was because we were monked_to_death.

I am not trying to hijack your thread, I'm simply saying that until something drastic is done, there is no need for a PE of *any* level at an OP war.

Ascension
08-10-03, 21:47
Yeah.. Unless u can hack? can you?

and are you Pistol or Rifle?

bounty
08-10-03, 21:49
A capped PE not having a place in an OP war imo is a myth. I've seen some very effective PE's in OP wars, in fact on saturn some people prefer their PE in fighting an op, it just requires a different style of play.

bounty
08-10-03, 21:49
double post :/

Shadow Dancer
08-10-03, 23:37
Originally posted by ghandisfury
One to two hits from HL and your looking at the sky. Not only are you not causing enough damage, but you're manapolising your PPUs time. Now if you were an APU it would be different. Even though you would die quickly, you are causing good amounts of damage.

Please take note that Neocron is/has turned into monkocron. The last few OP fights I've taken part in we were not beet because we were outnumbered, or becuase we had inferior tactics....it was because we were monked_to_death.

I am not trying to hijack your thread, I'm simply saying that until something drastic is done, there is no need for a PE of *any* level at an OP war.

You're right, it is monkacron. Since i'm a spy now, I can't wait to see what it's like to be a non monk at an op war.

Judge
08-10-03, 23:40
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
You're right, it is monkacron. Since i'm a spy now, I can't wait to see what it's like to be a non monk at an op war.

You will find it a very educational experience I can assure you :p

Mr Friendly
08-10-03, 23:41
really, it depends on ur teammates and/or ppus......AND a good armor & con setup

Jest
08-10-03, 23:49
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
You're right, it is monkacron. Since i'm a spy now, I can't wait to see what it's like to be a non monk at an op war. Arc being a rifle user at an op war can be pretty wicked. When I was a Pain Easer PE I could take out 2 or 3 of the enemy before they even knew we were attacking. It's actually pretty dang fun.

And the uselessness of the PE in an op war is indeed a myth, but it has a certain truth to it. There is only use for maybe one or two PEs. If Im fighting with and against a bunch of tanks/monks I usually try and sneak up behind them and just run around in their ranks blasting the hell out of them trying to cause some pandemonium. But if there were several others PEs then they are redundant really. There is ALWAYS a use for a monk. :)

Alex Mars
08-10-03, 23:59
Is long range sniping a practical tactic at an OP war?

Jest
09-10-03, 00:17
Originally posted by Alex Mars
Is long range sniping a practical tactic at an OP war? I'd say it is yes. Your most effective if the enemy doesn't see you at all and you are hiting people while they are fighting with your allies.

QuantumDelta
09-10-03, 00:46
Indeed, PEs can be employed in a number of tactical moves...
DB, Stealth, Range, Heal Speed, Buffs, all things that go in your favour as a newb too, you don't NEED to be babysat by a PPU.

More often than not now, when I take my PE to an op fight, I'm on self buffs, and with one drug those self buffs are almost, if not better, than PPU Buffs on me...

So it depends on a lot, mainly, your skill :p

Try it, you'll die, but since in warzones you wont lose items, you will learn too. (PS, get imp or hack skill :p)

Dribble Joy
09-10-03, 00:59
Pistol PEs are more of a support char in most OP fights, hacking the OP and then providing defence.
Pistollers aren't suited to attacking, they lack range badly to be effective. Imping is cool, either providing pokes at home base for your clan or, like me, standing in plaza 1 while the fight is going and making some mad cash.
PEs can take work load off PPUs, dbing and to an extant healing.
As QD said, they can self buff to a decent lvl.
PEs are quite fast and can stealth, so can make good scouts.

If there were some anti-monk type items that could be used by PEs/spys then perhaps we wouldn't see the inbalance we have now.

Bah, what do I know.