View Full Version : Heavy Assault Trike

SeXy Happy
08-10-03, 21:11
Haz anyone gotten the chance to use the trikes? Either one of them? On the Assault one if anyone has used one, how is the damage on it? The reason I am asking is it looks like you have to gimp yourself pretty bad to be able to use it. I just want to know if you have used it and what the damage was like on it.

bounty
08-10-03, 21:43
There was already a thread on this, I have one on saturn, it requires lots of gimping but IMO its worth it just to even test it out for a few hours, you can take down warbots really fast with it too. I farmed for a few hours with it. You have to have some pretty good armor and resists though if you are hunting WBs, cause you DO take a lot of hits.

SeXy Happy
08-10-03, 22:11
hmmm would have thought that if you were moving fast enough that you wouldn't get hit. That is how it was when we would take the chaincraft out. Sorry I missed the other thread. I did a search for havy assualt trikes and went through the results, but no one actually posted on how well the damage was.

bounty
08-10-03, 22:38
I posted how well the damage was on it :) Basically you can do more damage to a WB faster than even an apu, even WITHOUT A GUNNER. Your missles are basically rapid fire in bursts of 3 that do about 150 each if i remember correctly. There are 2 inherent problems though for this vehicle. You can't race around the WB and avoid being hit unless there is someone gunning. BUT to have you both hitting the WB, you have to be facing directly at him and be fairly close in order for the driver to aim, thats just how it works, the driver can't be facing left, and shooting right. If you have you the driver and a gunner both hitting the WB, its some massive damage, you can take it down in literally under 10 seconds. THe other major problem though is that the ammo for that hog is quite heavy. SO you basically have to have a bunch of ammo in a gogo and make constant stops back, basically you get 10 warbots per refill, depending on how much transport you have. the gogo in J_02 is lovely for that. Hope this helped. BTW the ammo for it are the rocket launcher packs and the 30mm cannon ammo. the 30mm cannon does about 90 HP of damage to the wb in bursts just like the chaincraft.

SeXy Happy
08-10-03, 22:43
There we go that was the type of info I was looking for. I am thinking of getting it even though I am a tank. I know I cant drive it, but what I want to do is get one anyhow and spawn it over near TG. There area always a lot of mobs there. I can just climb into the gunner seat and fire from there without having to drive it.
Would like to have someone to drive it around, but maybe I can get someone from the clan to drive it around while we hunt. Would be pretty cool for some rare farming. Thanks for the info. Is the gunner weapon really good? Or is the driver weapon better?

bounty
08-10-03, 22:51
The driver is more powerful but doesn't fire quite as fast. You can literally just keep the gunner weapon going nonstop more or less until the recticle runs out. TBH, if you just want to sit in a stationary spot and kill stuff then the rhino is bar-none, it has insane range and does like 325 damage per shot to warbots, and can stay out of their range, no other vehicle matches that. Getting someone with the skill level to drive it though is another story. And you have to be a fairly high ranked tank to use it, i think there is like a 103 str req or something insane like that. Even the trike to drive the one with both guns, i did have to gimp a little for, although you can put a vehicle chip 2 and 3 in and that really helps out a lot. I think its a veh-73 requirement to drive. And you need 87 in TC and str 55 or 57 to fire. I think you need all of those just to even get in the drivers seat, not sure though. If you have 2 people in the heavy assault trike you can take wbs down fairly fast, but not with nearly as much ease as a rhino, esp with its extensive range on top of that.

SeXy Happy
08-10-03, 23:18
the Rhino is the tank right? Does that do AoE damage too?