PDA

View Full Version : some display bugs

Spy<VS>Spy
08-10-03, 20:40
hey guys,i'm having a little issue here, i recently installed a geforce 4 FX 5600, its a 128 meg card, all went fine untill i upgraded from my AMD xp 1900 board and processor to a intel p4 2.4 with 800mhz fsb.

the game starts alright and stuff, but when i get to the login screen there is massive display bugs, triangles fly all over the place and textures are missing or overlapping.

now i reinstalled windows for the new board and stuff and updated to direct x 9 again...but i am not sure whats causeing neocron to bug out...its not happening to any other game i have, homeworld 2, counter strike, planet side...freelancer.

so i dont know. any suggestions?

Archeus
08-10-03, 20:46
guessing you might of done this already, but did you reinstall your GFX drivers (not DX9) to the latest?

I get the same effect on one of my machines, but I think it is due to the gfx card overheating.

Ozambabbaz
08-10-03, 20:54
uh, i'll be irritating, and post that, i have heard of this problem before, with the GF series, but i can't remember exactly what it was...T&L i think it was..but i do remember one of the chaps having the problem, solved it and posted it :confused:

good luck with it tho :)

Lucky Sparks
08-10-03, 21:02
try another card .. mabey yours is bad .. 90% of the time its a software/driver problem but if you reinstalled and have the latest drivers its probably your card having the problem. Also make sure your board supports 8x agp and is set in the bios for the card. G/L :D

\\Fényx//
08-10-03, 21:04
Are you using detonator's or the card's manufacturers own drivers ? I get feckd display on my FX 5600 ultra... on in neocron... things like u said plus the floor texture goes white, and looks like a neocron winter lol. But when I rolled back my drivers to the manufacturers latest instead of detonators the bugs went o_O

Spy<VS>Spy
08-10-03, 21:15
i am using defualt drivers that came with the card.

Seezur001
08-10-03, 21:24
try getting the newest detonator driver from nvidia.com, if that dosent work, try finding a copy of DX8. I had this exact same problem on my GF4, but it only happened under DX9.

thats the end of my ideas. good luck

Mantus
08-10-03, 22:00
Upgrade to the latest Detonator drivers.

Also try turning off all the frills on the card, like Anisotropic Filtering, Antialiasing and Vertical Sync.

Spy<VS>Spy
09-10-03, 02:20
updated drivers and that didnt work at all...though, i have win2k, how would i go about installing direct x 8, it doesnt seem to want to roll back.

CoDi
09-10-03, 11:17
Install the latest Win2k service pack. Besides that, I've only made the observation that installation order *can* matter - install DirectX first, after that the video card driver.

Lexxuk
09-10-03, 13:16
what you really wanna try... is....

right click that little NVidia icon near ur clock....

change ur anti-allasing settings, I use 4XS, but if I try quint, it goes all pear shaped, least I think I remember it was something to do with that - well, its one of them settings anyhow.

Spy<VS>Spy
09-10-03, 18:18
thanks lexx, your help improvd things a bit but its still pretty much unplayible, i am updating the service pack now and i belive codi is correct about the order thing and if this doesnt work i'll do that.

if not i'll really have to scratch my head on what it could be....i suppose if all else falls i could just reformat the system, though thats a bit of a pain...i'll let ya know.

well here goes nothing.

*edit, Whoa, codi man. your brillent...works slick as a button. that must have been whats cuasing me grief, i had to do a system reinstall to repair windows broken startup files, must have overitten some stuff and thats what caused it to go zonky.

thanks...now, who can i gank today....mwahahaha...

"What have we done?"