PDA

View Full Version : Router Help..

Ascension
08-10-03, 20:18
We have 3 CPU's Linked up to a Hub, then to a router, All playing Neocron..

Now say if CPU 1 is logged in.. and CPU 2 logs in after it Knocks CPU 1 of the connection and everyone in say "plaza1! disapear

It also does this if CPU 3 Joins it knocks CPU 1 & 2 of the connection..

Anyone have a clue whats going on?

Basically if one logs on the other 2 have to relog.. after a few trie all 3 successfully get ingame

Then if someone fatals it starts again?

Ideas anyone?:(

Ascension
08-10-03, 20:30
anyone?:confused:

Lucky Sparks
08-10-03, 20:32
which router are you using ??
the linksys seems to have a problem logging more then one account at once. We have tried everything firmware updates ect nothing worked. Replaced the router with a netgear and it works great.

also had a microsoft router ...that dosent work well with multiple accts either .

I have also used a win xp box with 2 NIC cards and a firewall .. just use the built in pppoe adapter and share the internet connection. that works guarenteed !

hope that helps

Archeus
08-10-03, 20:43
Set each CPU to use a different port? (in the INI file)?

Ascension
08-10-03, 20:45
This is my router:

Zoon X4 ADSL (http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2003/q2/zoom-x4.asp)

Originally posted by Archeus
Set each CPU to use a different port? (in the INI file)?

I did this before.. on another network it worked.. But i cant find the ini i typed it in :confused:

Ascension
08-10-03, 20:46
ONOZ!! Double post "f**k"

Lucky Sparks
08-10-03, 20:50
neocron.ini had the connecting port and ip in it

I tried the port thing when we were having the linksys problems and It didnt work for me... never used the router you have so Im not sure if theres a trick ... good luck :D

Lucky Sparks
08-10-03, 20:54
try this on the zoom page .. makes sense to me and its why the linksys wouldnt work either...

PPP Half Bridge Mode
The PPP Half Bridge is sometimes called DHCP Spoofing. This mode sets the X4 to present the Internet side IP address to a single computer that obtains this IP address via DHCP. The mode is relatively easy to configure, with just a couple of changes required from the standard NAT setting, and takes just a couple of minutes to complete. The primary use of PPP Half Bridge mode is for applications that cannot be made to work with NAT. PPP Half Bridge mode is in fact the only way that the video and audio components of MSN Messenger will work on the X4, because of the lack of UPnP support.

Ascension
08-10-03, 20:54
You have to add a line to the InI for the port number anyone have any idea?:confused:

Inchenzo
08-10-03, 21:38
Had exactly the same problem, just add the line LOCALPORT='xxxxx' and for every computer insert a different number safe the neocron.ini, and it will work like a charm

check this link http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=36 (www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=36)