PDA

View Full Version : Pluto People only

Owain
08-10-03, 07:47
Do you think pluto should have 2 character slots instead of 1?

.Cyl0n
08-10-03, 07:50
yes i would like it but a server merge would be better :)

.cy

Heavyporker
08-10-03, 07:52
I really don't like the idea of Pluto becoming multicharacter.

Now, Saturn merging with Uranus, I would be all for that, make the new one 5 character slots, that will sort everyone out and make for a quite sizeable population, plus since Uranus/Saturn are multi-char servers and prone to alt-logging, nothing would change from the merge.

Psychoninja
08-10-03, 07:54
I think server merges would be pretty hard.
What about people with the same names? People with the same apt codes int he same apt lift. What would happen to OPs? etc...

KidWithStick
08-10-03, 07:55
sigh, just posted in the other thread..

ok heres what i think about 2 slots on pluto.

personally i would love it. even though the only thing that seperates pluto from the others is that it USED to be the only server to where everyone was almost capped.

now though, since not alot of new people are coming to the game most people on all the server are closed to capped.

ALOT of people on pluto will most likely not like the idea, because alot of them have 2-4 accounts...which IMO defeats the fucking purpose of a 1 slot server...but whatever...if you got the money:rolleyes:

Psycho_Soldier
08-10-03, 07:55
Lot's of people have multiple accounts on pluto. Pluto is just a expensive multicharacter server. If there was a way to force it so you could only have ONE ACCOUNT per server, then I would be against more than one slot. Since that will never happen, I say yes, make it a 2 slot character server or more than 2, since not everyone can afford 6 accounts like some. :rolleyes:

Owain
08-10-03, 07:56
Originally posted by Psychoninja
What about people with the same names? People with the same apt codes int he same apt lift. What would happen to OPs? etc...

The only way to fix those problems is to have a complete sever wipe.

I wouldn't be too sad if that happened but it would still make me a little :( .

KidWithStick
08-10-03, 07:57
Originally posted by Psychoninja

yea...some valid points.

however the OP thing could be simple. after the reboot of the servers after there merged and all is done, all the OP's could be unoccupied, or just owned by the factions, and not clans, untill they are taken over. it might be able to add a little extra to role playing too.

but as for the same names, thats somthing i havnt thought of before.

i got master shake on all 3 servers, and kidwithstick on pluto and uranus...

i dunno, maybe if they would give you a chance to rename them, but they most likely, with one programmer, ALOT of things would go wrong, and take awhile to fix everyones indivsual problems.

KidWithStick
08-10-03, 07:58
Originally posted by Owain
The only way to fix those problems is to have a complete sever wipe.

I wouldn't be too sad if that happened but it would still make me a little :( .

if that would be the case, i would vote no. theres no way im capping my tank and shit again...i hate to level

Nvidia
08-10-03, 07:59
No.

I like the fact that when I kill someone, if they come back, they will come back with a different strategy, NOT a different character. When I kill a tank, I should not have an APU crawling up my ass 15 seconds later because they aren't used to PvP with the first character. That's why I've been on Pluto since December, and why I don't enjoy playing on Servers with more than one character slot.

Mantus
08-10-03, 08:00
Nah, if i wanted more then one character i would just move to saturn.

Owain
08-10-03, 08:02
Originally posted by KidWithStick
if that would be the case, i would vote no. theres no way im capping my tank and shit again...i hate to level

-This is voting on wheather or not to make pluto a 2 slot server, which doesn't need a wipe.

-You would need a wipe for the merging of the servers is what I said.

About the renaming, I thought about that also. What about someone who stole your name?

The Kidwithstick on Saturn isn't you for example...What happens then?

JackScratch
08-10-03, 08:04
If you want a multiple character server there are plenty, Pluto is the only 1 char server so leave it the hell alone. There are some who prefer that and they deserve a place that is 1 char

KidWithStick
08-10-03, 08:08
nm, im retarded...

i get what your saying, and i dunno...

like you said, this is about making pluto 2 slots, which i agree to

Owain
08-10-03, 08:09
bah...ignore this post, it's invalid now

mods delete this post plz

LVirus
08-10-03, 08:09
I got 2 accounts @ Pluto. I accuired 3rd one but gave it to my loved ex-leader Enemy to play with because I don't have intrest to play 3rd account. I might get 3rd thou for a droner to fool around but you never know. Thus voting 1 slot for Pluto only. Those who got cash for alt chars, go for it but keep pluto 1 char only. It's better for RP and stuff like that :D

And those who wonders "Why not play @ saturn" etc. I say because Pluto got best athmospere and I got lewt there and friends :D (Okay, enemies but still :o )

KidWithStick
08-10-03, 08:10
yea, i edited it before you posted yours;)

im uber fast like that:D

hose187
08-10-03, 09:07
Good God. How many times will this be brought up?

If you want more than one character on a server, play on Saturn or Uranus. Simple. There's nothing to gain but alot to lose by making Pluto multi-character.

Archeus
08-10-03, 10:38
You want a second slot then buy a second account. You will be helping KK that way too.

kurai
08-10-03, 10:41
Originally posted by hose187
Good God. How many times will this be brought up?

If you want more than one character on a server, play on Saturn or Uranus. Simple. There's nothing to gain but alot to lose by making Pluto multi-character. What he said ...

\\Fényx//
08-10-03, 10:44
Originally posted by kurai
What he said ...

You released from hawkin's yet ? :p

Anyway im staying away from this subject as i know i will get flamed by whatever i say as i have 3 chars on pluto..... so... meh... o_O

REMUS
08-10-03, 10:44
dont really care, i prefer pluto as a single slot, maybe 2 slot would add some variation but i dont see why we should sacrifice indervidualism so we can have mule charecrters which is what 60%+ people will do imho

1 slot is just fine i just wish the bastards would come and fix my bastard pc.

Its broked again :( :mad: WANKERS!!!

kurai
08-10-03, 10:48
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
You released from hawkin's yet ? :p

Anyway im staying away from this subject as i know i will get flamed by whatever i say as i have 3 chars on pluto..... so... meh... o_O Yeah - after you plonked (yet another) fucking turret on my head I worked out that no-one was in a mood to talk ;)

Honestly - all those bastard stuns ... I was trapped stealthing around inside the OP for over half an hour :D

By the way ... did you know there's a sweepstake running ?
Every time your PE dies the count is started for how soon your Tank will appear ...

About 45 seconds is average ;)

\\Fényx//
08-10-03, 11:05
Yeah - after you plonked (yet another) fucking turret on my head I worked out that no-one was in a mood to talk ;)

Honestly - all those bastard stuns ... I was trapped stealthing around inside the OP for over half an hour :D

By the way ... did you know there's a sweepstake running ?
Every time your PE dies the count is started for how soon your Tank will appear ...

About 45 seconds is average ;)

haha cheeky git...

Going out onto that ramp at the front of the op is a bad idea... you get parashocked etc and it makes you slip to the bottom... so you run up, paraspammed, slip to bottom... it's like a slide coverd in grease, you get so far up then just slide back down to the bottom :( plus my tank wasnt getting a rez out there so logged my PE o_O then on the 3rd of 4th fight (jeez you guys wouldnt give up... ITS OUR OP!) I was on my PE when blammo 2 seconds after mike, d1s and serve all dissapeared you lot attacked again so i logged my tank for the extra firepower =/ as there was only 4 of us there at the time, 5 if you include a droner...

Anyway.................................................... it's our OP :p gotta tell ya it was funny seeing you come back each time over and over and over with your team getting smaller and out's steadily getting bigger as more people logged 8|

garyu69
08-10-03, 11:07
I voted yes.

But want to change my mind now :(

Sorontar
08-10-03, 11:25
Although amazingly handy I would have to say no.

The reason that I play on Pluto is that I came to the game for RP. I believe that having a single character encourages interaction and hence a start of RP.

I suppose if I was on a multi server I would have the opportunity to RP more varied characters but I would more than likely become independent.

But thats just my personal choice I guess.:p

Agent L
08-10-03, 11:43
Argument "ppl have more acnts so make it multichar" does miss one point : only hardcore players who devoted their lives to NC are spending extra money for extra accounts.
Multichar server gives this ability to all; including whiners, outhormoned kids, 3-months players etc.
That's why mutliaccounting on Pluto does not give same shit as multicharing on Uranus/Satun does.

And yes, it isn't "fair". Live isn't fair at all, money = power. Start get using to that.

El_MUERkO
08-10-03, 14:24
1 slot, I have chars on satrun to fool around with but when it comes right down to it Pluto's 1 char makes it a better server for many reasons I couldnt be arsed going into.

NO

Bonnie2k3
08-10-03, 16:16
MY VOTE IS YES :D

Wannabe
08-10-03, 16:36
Voted No.

Why? Everyone already said, if you want multiple player slots, go play on Uranus or Saturn etc.

And if you really need a second char on pluto, get another account.

'nuff said.

// Wannabe

P.S. Fenyx, what op you guys are talking about =)

*ph33r*
08-10-03, 17:27
Voted yes tbh, because let's play face it half of Pluto have bought seperate accounts so they could have multiple chars on a 1 char server. =/

ghandisfury
08-10-03, 17:42
voted no. If you want more than one character, then purchase another account, or play on a multi-character server.

Archeus
08-10-03, 18:18
Yeah - after you plonked (yet another) fucking turret on my head I worked out that no-one was in a mood to talk ;)

Was that Spirit vs NDA last night? Watched some it over Jaggehs shoulder. Very impressive, shame no one was recording it.

*ph33r*
08-10-03, 18:22
Ehehe I sniped Kurai from behind the OP ^^

Idd, was a sweet fight, shame I kept dieing to APUs though, can't aim fast enough to own em hehe... I gotta lom to pistols ;)

GG anyway :D

Dream
08-10-03, 18:22
why's everyone wanna change pluto? just let it be for goodness sake :p

i don't play on it much, but i still enjoy it for being a one char server...i know it's tough for finding repairers and stuff, but....well, just let it be is all i'm saying :)

\\Fényx//
08-10-03, 18:25
Originally posted by Archeus
Was that Spirit vs NDA last night? Watched some it over Jaggehs shoulder. Very impressive, shame no one was recording it.

hehe when mike came back, at the point where Spirit were gonna break our turrets, then mike arrived got buffed, got his antibuff out and we charged and raped em :o lolz that was funneh... :lol:

Spoon
08-10-03, 18:26
No
Muling and alt's have ruined Saturn........

wolfwood
08-10-03, 19:03
i wish that would happen, but it wont

Nazgul
08-10-03, 19:31
nooo plz, it means ive been paying 2 a/cs for nothing :(

Rade
08-10-03, 19:37
Originally posted by Nazgul
nooo plz, it means ive been paying 2 a/cs for nothing :(

rofl, look at the guy who really missed the point.

I am theoretically against having several accounts to have
several chars on a one-char server. Its so nice to be able to tie
one person to one character.

**edit: And I dont really mind people like fenix, because he has
made all his chars the same thing and have them in the same
clan. The problem arises when someone has several chars and
play them completely different. Well, its nice that pluto lasted at
least 6 months or so before it became a problem...

Phlith
08-10-03, 19:39
imo just leave pluto the way it is, theres nothing wrong with it and i'm damn sure that making pluto a two character server won't make it any more enjoyable than it already is... if you've got the cash get an alt that simple really

Vid Gamer
08-10-03, 19:40
Venus-same
Jupiter-same
Merge Saturn and Uranus together
Make Pluto have Neptune rules

Rade
08-10-03, 19:41
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Make Pluto have Neptune rules

I luv j00.

Archeus
08-10-03, 19:43
Originally posted by Rade
The problem arises when someone has several chars and
play them completely different.

You mean when someone actually I don't know.. roleplays! o_O

If the person treats each character as totally seperate while being different, I don't see a problem.

It's logging out your Character #1 to beat up someone with #2 who had an issue with #1.

*ph33r*
08-10-03, 19:47
It's logging out your Character #1 to beat up someone with #2 who had an issue with #1.

Or having a char in CA and then logging onto their TG char and killing CA players and NPCs... like someone I know on Pluto... gah incidents like this really piss me off. :mad:

Rade
08-10-03, 19:52
You mean when someone actually I don't know.. roleplays! o_O

If the person treats each character as totally seperate while being different, I don't see a problem.

I think you missed my point. I love roleplay, but we dont have
any. When it comes to having several chars the absolute worst
thing is when they have several chars, and play them differently
in some aspects, but not all. For example, you kill one of his
chars, you are suddenly enemy to all his chars and all his clans.
Thats even worse than having several chars and playing them as
with a similar name.

Owain
08-10-03, 20:14
This thread was made to see what the majority of pluto people wanted, 1 or 2 character slots.

Since 110+ people voted with 2/3rds saying No I think I have my answer.

Would a mod please close the thread?

Archeus
08-10-03, 20:16
you could of just searched for previous polls of the exact same question and seen the same results.

Owain
08-10-03, 20:17
you could of just searched for previous polls of the exact same question and seen the same results.

People change their minds as time goes on, plus half those people already left. :p

This was meant as a Right Now type of thing. Not What People Thought When Pluto Had 500+ People on It.

Seezur001
08-10-03, 20:23
dont do anything to the server unless absolutly necessary.

its crazy to resort to a server merge to raise population, and half the people who play pluto, play it because it a 1 character server.

Disturbed021
08-10-03, 20:25
Funny that 60+% said "NO". Wake up ppl Pluto is a muliple character server just a very expensive one.:p

The lack of content and population (tradeskillers) makes alot of ppl go out and get second accounts so that they have a dedicated tradeskiller and or another character so they dont reroll their main capped character.

Ulle
08-10-03, 20:51
Originally posted by Owain
Would a mod please close the thread?

Yep.