PDA

View Full Version : PvP

Dribble Joy
08-10-03, 00:56
Specifically, dodging.

After a week of getting my arse raped in NF more times than I've killed launchers, my 'skills' appear to be dropping at an exponential rate.

The main problem is the fact that I CANNOT avoid peoples LoS or stay out of it do the degree where they can't target me easily. Strafing means you are predictable and be tracked with ease, despite any speed you have. Weaving slows you down so is equally pointless.
Aside from my TERRIBLE aiming, what am I doing wrong?
How the fuck do you people move so fast and in all directions at all time while shooting out your arses? (Another gripe of mine, aiming and shooting me while I spend 80% of my time BEHIND you)

My resists seem fucked as well, capped FOR, and still PEs kill me in 1 clip (good xray and fire res too)
I just would like some tips. Other wise I am quitting NF.

Oath
08-10-03, 00:59
NF is buggy,
Lag is terrible,

you saw i couldnt even beat haggis man that day (wich i rectified :lol: :lol:).

But yar your aiming is borked, and i cant explain it, you barely touched me and im a tank.

Hope you sort it soon dribble, i wanna real fight with you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keyol45743241
08-10-03, 01:02
If that is the case, your Sig might be a boast :D

No, for real, NF is not the real thing.

alig
08-10-03, 01:05
Practice dribble joy.....one day u might come to terms with the fact Neocrons player possition is so completely fucked up that u could stand the other side of them, 200ft away and still, u will be stood infront of them 5ft away on there screen.....dont go trying to get wedged in behind them, its not gunna happen....just fucking run about like a mad man...woman for u :p while not loosing ur aim....

This game....this pvp....so simple

btw...u will always look slower to urself than u will to other ppl, surely u know that, so waving about might put u under the impression ur slower but they wont be able to tell....if there gunna hit, there gunna hit u whether u like it or not :p

greploco
08-10-03, 01:11
it's kind of hard to compare in neofrag unless people fight with identical chars, it's not quake, all the nuances that people put into their chars actually make differences

as for advice, I don't think anyone can give it until we know your setup (tactics, weps, freezers, antifreezers, spells, buffs, class, rank, resists, etc, etc, etc.)

KidWithStick
08-10-03, 01:12
you know, your sig says basically, 'your better than me' instead of 'me over you'

unless u ment to do that:rolleyes:

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-10-03, 01:15
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Specifically, dodging.

After a week of getting my arse raped in NF more times than I've killed launchers, my 'skills' appear to be dropping at an exponential rate.

The main problem is the fact that I CANNOT avoid peoples LoS or stay out of it do the degree where they can't target me easily. Strafing means you are predictable and be tracked with ease, despite any speed you have. Weaving slows you down so is equally pointless.
How the fuck do you people move so fast and in all directions at all time while shooting out your arses? (Another gripe of mine, aiming and shooting me while I spend 80% of my time BEHIND you)

My resists seem fucked as well, capped FOR, and still PEs kill me in 1 clip (good xray and fire res too)
I just would like some tips. Other wise I am quitting NF.

I had the same problem with ataru. but I'm getting better :D

it's all about your aim not your strafing and doging. just focus on keeping your recticle on em or as close as possible so it dosent expand. I'm sure some of the better players keep a good circle on their enemies at all times.

Dribble Joy
08-10-03, 01:15
Originally posted by greploco
it's kind of hard to compare in neofrag unless people fight with identical chars, it's not quake, all the nuances that people put into their chars actually make differences

as for advice, I don't think anyone can give it until we know your setup (tactics, weps, freezers, antifreezers, spells, buffs, class, rank, resists, etc, etc, etc.)

Ok, I' a judge user. (I know, I know)

Blessed def
sanctum
heat 1
pc1
spy1

Fire res 60
Energy res 60
xray res 96
hp 405
FOR 114

Fire armour 72
Energy armour 74
Xray armour 33
Atl 79
Agl 80 (105 if I use beast)

Dribble Joy
08-10-03, 01:17
Originally posted by KidWithStick
unless u ment to do that:rolleyes:

Yes, it's intentional.

Drake6k
08-10-03, 01:26
If your going to do well in pvp you need to be 3rd person. You can run back and forth though a person while always having your crosshair right on them that way. The person your fighting never leaves your line of sight.

greploco
08-10-03, 01:30
furst off I'm told by a venerable pvper that energy resist should be double xray resist, not the other way around.

judge can dish out a lot of damage, it's a good wepon. the problem with PE-judge in pvp is aiming. I would suggest experimenting with a Lib. it's a lower tech wepon and aiming shoudl be easier. player versus mob - use judge. player versus player - use lib. it's not a mantra or true all the time, just something I've experienced. other people have other experiences. a person on pluto was a killer with a judge, sweet leafe or something like that.

so, give yourself advantages - don't drop head on like a tank. find somewhere to buff up shelter / basic resist 2 before heading out.

problem is once there are too many people in NF there is no place to hide. that pretty much sucks, the tanks spawn much more powerfully than the PEs.

so you have tech combat - use that dang cloaking device and piss everyone off.

my 2 cents is you have to use the class for what it's good for. with a PE that's versitility, not always head on combat. be thankful you aren't a spy.

if you can find a way to raise your strength PEs can wear some more interesting armor. but it sacrifices DEX

another GREAT FANTASTIC trick is to raise your INT with smart cyber eye and maybe something else and put on some serious belts. a good deflector or energy belt. that's a huge help.

Rade
08-10-03, 01:38
1. Get a soundtrack. Berzerker, Deicide, Slipknot or anything else
that gives you some adrenaline. Sorta like psyching up before a
boxing match. Not necesary if you're a noob since you will get
adrenaline enough to leave you spastic on the floor the first few
times you get into PvP.

2. Jerk off <- critical, the reason why chicks cant pvp worth crap.

3. Strike a pose (irl) everytime you win, then if you are fighting
someone hard just strike the same pose before the combat and
watch your hands kill him all on your own.

4. Beat the monkey.

5. Get a Big Fucking Gun. It doesnt matter if its actually a
toothpick as long as you have a Big Fucking Gun relationship with
it. The point is to make it feel good everytime you hit someone
with it. Much easier in games where getting hit makes a character
looks like its in a world of pain.

6. Choke the chicken.

7. Dodge like (as someone said in a thread earlier) a moongose
on speed. If you need inspiration listen to System of a Down -
Bounce, they pretty much nailed it. Some people have patterns,
patterns gets you halfway, not thinking which direction you are
going takes you all the way. Dont make the same movement two
times in a row, improvise every time you change direction, if you
dont know where you are going next chances are your opponent
doesnt either.

8. Toss the turkey.

9. Aim like a god. If you are not running in patterns and you dont
know how the opponent is dodging then you cant "predict-aim",
every tenth of a second you will have to re-aim on your
opponent. I can never fight for very long periods because the
intensity of aiming while going all out defence gives me a
headache. This also takes us to the next point.

10. Flog the mule.

11. Reflexes. Most PvPers make sure to bypass the brain, this is
most effective. You want eyes and hands working on their own
without any unnecesary involvement. Downside is that you will
sometimes kill people by accident before you realise that they
were your ally/friend/mother. If you see someone dropping a
kitchen knife, catching it through some demon-ninja manouvre
and then looking surprised as he studies his newly pierced hand,
chances are hes a pkar.

12. Stroke the.. Well actually, a blowjob under the table is better,
but chances that you will get a GF that agrees to do it while
you are PvPing is slim. Your master has succeded on one
occation, so it can be done, dont give up hope.

13. All in all. It doesnt really matter what you do, as long as your
opponent doesnt understand what you are doing. Unfortunately
this method of gaining the element of surprise is rather limited in
games such as neocron. Unfortunately you cant damage boost or
otherwise debuff yourself, and theres not many combat
manouvres outside of bugs that will stop people in their tracks,
scratching their heads. If you find any however, its a true winner.

12. Shave your palms, by now you will need it.

mdares
08-10-03, 01:38
yeah grep has a point; u can never have too much energy resist (HL/CS will always hurt :D) (unless ur a monkey)

/added: lol rade so u jerk it 5 times each pvp run... from wut i hear of your pvp history u must go through a lot of tissue paper :D

Shadow Dancer
08-10-03, 01:44
omg Rade that was comedy gold! :D

[TgR]KILLER
08-10-03, 01:46
Originally posted by Drake6k
If your going to do well in pvp you need to be 3rd person. You can run back and forth though a person while always having your crosshair right on them that way. The person your fighting never leaves your line of sight.

jack.. i never use or used 3rd person in pvp.. i can't aim shit like then... i hope u aint going to tell me i'm shit in pvp or are u ?

Rade
08-10-03, 01:46
Urgh there are so many confused tips in here that I feel like I
have to make a serious post as well. For starters, your resist are
just fine, leave them as they are. The judge is a pretty crappy
choice of weapon for PvP but if you really want to use it then its
ok. I used the judge forever and it worked very well for me, that
was before the raygun damage boost tho. If you want to
experiment with other weapons then its liberator for PvM and
blacksun for PvP, not the other way around o_O. Third person
POV does add alot if you arent a frantic about using first person,
it takes a while to learn to use it tho. I always keep dodging as
my number 1 priority, and aiming and shooting second, but of
course you should strive to always have your aim on the
opponent, however if you lose aim completely its no biggie, you
can always regain it, just DONT STOP DOGING. If you stand still a
liberator or CS user will tear you to shreds in notime so dont
even think about it. Also theres no such thing as "standing
behind your opponent" its just your client that isnt fast enough
when it comes to keeping track of which direction your opponent
is facing. Dont even bother looking at your opponents facing.

Rade
08-10-03, 01:49
Originally posted by mdares
/added: lol rade so u jerk it 5 times each pvp run... from wut i hear of your pvp history u must go through a lot of tissue paper :D

Yeah, the problem is that I cant say "I could kill you with one
hand on my dick" anymore, cause I cant, its too sore for that.

Shadow Dancer
08-10-03, 01:51
Rade too much info.

And btw I don't whack to PvP.

Dribble Joy
08-10-03, 01:54
The problem I seem to have is that no matter how insane I move, people hit me with ease.
Gah, I dunno, I'll try some more tomo. Cheers anyway. :)

mdares
08-10-03, 01:59
hum... i have roughly a same problem with my PE but thats mainly because i pvp with monks the most, tanks/spies second, and just started with PEs...

try varying your distance to your enemy as that might work well (farther they are the less likely they hit u unless they monkey)...

keep your movements eratic and like rade said NEVER STOP MOVING!!! keep atleast 1 slot on your qb with a stam booster... my tank uses 2, monk 2, spy 1, pe 1...

and against monks use libbies; tanks use BS; PEs/Spies depends... tho i have better luck using my libby...

Shadow Dancer
08-10-03, 02:02
Try not to make your movements predictable.

alig
08-10-03, 02:19
LoL @ rade.....quality ;)

I always hav winamp on in the background while im playin anything bar cs, which i need sound to hear j00 fuxxers walking about....but this + music = better pvp....only arse is when in pp1 and u dont hear the cops saying "put that weapon down" "freeze mofo" etc....and now when i hav sound on i quite honestly think the cs sounds to most gayest shit evar!!

@ dribble joy....find a capped melee tank....not sum rectified n00blet special forces knife one :p and just go at it for ages 1 v 1...u will quickly learn how to keep LoS :p

I can remember the first time i pvp'ed....it was with a capped rifle pe (Ph34r) day in, day out....anyhow...i quickly learnt everything there is to know about pvp...cept resists, they still puzzle me :p

Also, when i was in nf with u and few others, i actually thought u was quite good...ur quick anyway..u barely miss, u didnt really miss me either but then again, i dont really miss either :lol: but ur still good..... :)

edit....i was kinda hoping u wouldnt damage boost me, which u didnt, more fool u :D ....the last pistol pe that damage boosted me, killed me in nf *looks at qd >.<* :p

Redd Harvest
08-10-03, 02:26
My gf said to me:
"You like playing computer games don't you..."
*cringe expecting it to be a lead up to some sort of moan*
"Uhuh"
"You like getting blowjobs too, don't you..."
*sideways squint*
"Of course"
"Well why don't you get on with playing ur game and let me handle the rest?"

Of course, I can't honestly say it was the best bj of my life, because I was too busy concentrating for the most part... and I'd feel guilty about tensing up for in-game action and having her moaning louder and encouraging me, thinking I was gonna blow down her throat - teasing is not nice *cough* ;] Had to give in in the end though... *sigh* ...and to think I call myself a gamer.

Which reminds me, my other gf thought I was having a seizure once during a PP fight. I was on my notebook and apparently I was forcing myself back into my chair hard and kicking my legs about randomly!! lmao Silly bitch came running over and snactched the notebook of my lap. I got plenty of mileage out of the word cunt that night.

Thumbs up for the even numbered tips too Rade. I have to say though that I think some girls will benefit, namely those that have a big one and can't go again for a while, as opposed to the non-stop poppers.

Remember kids: A clear vas is a clear mind.

BTW I didn't know anyone still listened to Deicide! Is that poser Glen Benton still fronting it?

Oath
08-10-03, 03:07
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
jack.. i never use or used 3rd person in pvp.. i can't aim shit like then... i hope u aint going to tell me i'm shit in pvp or are u ?

youre shit at pvp :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Joking man.

Really, dribble is good at pvp, but lately, he sucks, and i cant explain it at all.

death&decay
08-10-03, 10:32
Very nice @ Rade :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dribbler's lacking praccy.
When we first fought in NF I found her circle strafing arround me.
Which doesn't work does it :D
So as Rade already mentioned, movement of a chicken on E plus
still good aim does the trick.
It's how I killed quite a few Tanks even on my crappy PE :D

Oh well.. Let's meet in NF tonight or 2moro or at the weekend if
ya wanna, DJ

Rade
08-10-03, 10:36
Originally posted by Redd Harvest
My gf said to me:
"You like playing computer games don't you..."
*cringe expecting it to be a lead up to some sort of moan*
"Uhuh"
"You like getting blowjobs too, don't you..."
*sideways squint*
"Of course"
"Well why don't you get on with playing ur game and let me handle the rest?"

Of course, I can't honestly say it was the best bj of my life, because I was too busy concentrating for the most part... and I'd feel guilty about tensing up for in-game action and having her moaning louder and encouraging me, thinking I was gonna blow down her throat - teasing is not nice *cough* ;] Had to give in in the end though... *sigh* ...and to think I call myself a gamer.

Hehe, my experience is somewhat similar, was a goth chick I
dated years ago. Problem is that I was playing a MUD, and typing
things without misspelling became very hard very fast. Its still
etched to my memory as one of the best PvP sessions ever.

BTW I didn't know anyone still listened to Deicide! Is that poser Glen Benton still fronting it?

Wouldnt know, last time I bought a CD was in like -97, I cant
imagine the rest of the band succeding in getting rid of him so I
think its safe to assume that he is... and he might be a poser, but
his voice still pwns you :P

PS - I have seen that Konrad has started playing again, are you
on your way back as well? Or just skulking on the forums when
drunk? :P

Rizzy
08-10-03, 10:59
Remember kids, you gain internet credibility if you brag about sexual experiences on game forums!

[SP]Ostrich
08-10-03, 11:01
Remember kids, you gain internet credibility if you brag about sexual experiences on game forums!

rofl... :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's funny :D

Rade
08-10-03, 11:08
Originally posted by Rizzy

Oh I see, you can talk about anything else on the forums, but
god forbidd that one of the funny anecdotes should be about sex.

Rizzy
08-10-03, 11:20
I was actaully poking fun at redd harvest more then you.

evs
08-10-03, 11:35
Rade, i have to admit - that was fucking genius.

take a bow

(strike a pose - lmao)

SorkZmok
08-10-03, 11:58
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

I somehow think i got the same problem. I dash around with 90/90 Agl/Atl and suddenly i get a full cs clip up my ass....weird thing. o_O

But hey, practice. Then practice some more. And the second you start a fight, turn off yer brain and just fight. Turn it on again when you win. Helps a lot. Dont even bother to try to dodge em, just freak out and shoot em. At least thats what i do. I got a lot better since i'm doing that.

StoneRayne
08-10-03, 12:08
Dodging comes with practice... But it's not everything about you... Some people are just insanely good, and no matter how good of a dodger you are, they'll still hit you 50% of the time.
Always remember, you're not alone.. And there are streaks. Sometimes people just get something, that they become like a machine. Their mouse basically moves right with you, and there aint a damn thing you can do about it. If you find yourself being a target of someone who got into their zone, run through them, fuck it, take one burst, but get them out of their world.

And same goes for reverse...Listen to music, relax, fight, dodge, you'll sometimes find yourself landing on 5 hits in a row, or even 10. Try to have those moments more.

And the most important thing already said...remember...you're not alone.

death&decay
08-10-03, 12:18
Originally posted by StoneRayne
you'll sometimes find yourself landing on 5 hits in a row, or even 10. Try to have those moments more.

Well that's true
Reminds me of one duell, against my old clanmate Vev.
Killed him in 9 bursts, none missed :p :p

10 seconds flat hehe

Richard Slade
08-10-03, 12:19
Rizzy.. Where IS Redd nowadays?! Haven't seen him in ages

And yeah, I could go on about sexual gaming but I won't
why?
cuz my list of forum offendings are too long...
And honestly.
No one wants to know :p
...!!
I'll add pics with the story I'm gonna tell, next week

Redd Harvest
08-10-03, 12:22
@Rade: No, I'm not back. Just doing the skulking.

@Rizzy: Yes, I thought it would bring some 'net cools' - that's why I did it. I feel a little bit vulnerable that you saw right through me though. Does that make me cool too? =S I just need someone to reassure me on that please... thankyou everyone! I value your opinions!!

Richard Slade
08-10-03, 12:35
Redd... Armitage, Rp and the whole rest of the clan misses u damnit!

Konrad McKenzie
08-10-03, 13:12
Redd's being a stuborn git :rolleyes: he won't come back to NC and he can't come up with a good excuse for it either.
If we all ignore him and look like were having fun he'll feel left out and come back running :D

Shadow Dancer
08-10-03, 13:15
I just need someone to reassure me on that please... thankyou everyone! I value your opinions!!

roflmao

lol Red.

evs
08-10-03, 13:30
Quite amusing pvp in nc really.

Luck > Skill

a lot of the time, even in decent pvp styled games such as quake / unreal its always been the case

my aim is good, some would say very good - i can track someones head in game and even when running about - keep track on it, thats not a problem.

My only findings that for a pvp game, nc is rather poor in that department.

Examples:

Liberator - Good gun, fires nice and fast - but even stood point blank at a stationery target, bullets seem as if they are preprogrammed to miss. Even with capped aiming. So erm.... why?
If someone has a good aim they should be rewarded for this with burst bonus etc, the same is for Cursed Soul's and other such weapons.

Playing with a reticle - Now i love this one, you track someone, slighlty warp in play, lag whatever or chase someone past a box or an object - oh look the reticle has now fudged because of the item in the background, especially when you are focused on the character you are aiming at. Its now back to maximum so even more bullets miss. Again nothing to do with your aim.

There's very few guns in the game that allow you to get an advantage of the fact you have a better aim and speed than the average player such as the blacksun. Many people complain over this gun due to it 'being over powered' - but i just think it allows many good players natural aim to kick in. At the end of the day - doesnt matter how overpowered the gun is if you cant aim it.

Tbh all guns need to be changed so they hit where you fire them, and also class items in the background - no matter how large its hitbox less primary than the smaller hitbox target in front of you.

Less preprogrammed 'miss' shots plz

Gotterdammerung
08-10-03, 14:21
ok, once a thread about a valid topic quickly degenerates into discussions about how many times you masturbate of recieve sexual favors from your GF it's time to close it.

Please use the appropriate "fantasy" forums for further discussions