PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 Beta is CONFIRMED

VoxteX
07-10-03, 23:20
Yup this is out. It's official and confirmed, it's spreading on the net as we speak. I guess that there WAS a beta. They said they are releasing it because the source came out so they might as well. Tell me what you guys think! This is the REAL BETA not just source compiled. Leaker is anonymous, I'm gonna buy the game I hope it doesn't get delayed.

Dostan'Ilindith
07-10-03, 23:23
link would be nice..

VoxteX
07-10-03, 23:24
link to what? the confirmation or something? it's not confirmed by valve or anything atm but I've seen screens and I know where it's being spread. I do not plan on downloading nor will I give out any info so do not PM.

If this link is not proper please delete but look here: [ link removed as it may have possible legal ramifications ]

Latest News: 3:30pm EST, Oct 7th 2003 click for latest
Beta Exists: CONFIRMED (REAL!)
Size of Beta: --- removed ---
Beta filenames: --- removed ---
Fake Beta filesnames: HalF-Life_II_CD1.iso, HalF-Life_II_CD2.iso, hl2_hvt152.zip
Circulation of Beta on: Not in circulation. "Chosen 9" have it, possibly some warez groups too.

Also look a little down that page more info.

Also http://www.halflife2.net/ has now confirmed it.

alig
07-10-03, 23:25
Well its pretty useless to post it, is it not?:confused:

Mirco
07-10-03, 23:29
I`ve just read about it on another forum I use and someone there had actually tried it. Seems like the beta is out indeed.

I think its a f***ing shame. I think the excuse the people who spread it use is lame. Because of source is out we might as well? I dont think the people at valve wanted this as well. And all the people who dl it, dont they understand that they just screw their own asses in the end. Because of shitheads doin this kind of stuff I have to wait another 4 months.

Fawkes
07-10-03, 23:31
A friend gave me this link, containing pics from the leaked beta: http://underground.infinity.net.pl/halflife2/

Sorry if this is against the rules o=

VoxteX
I agree except for the fact that it was going to get delayed from the source release. They were planning on changing the source, rendering it useless to the hackers. But with this latest update, the delay may be even longer...so who knows. As long as everybody buys the game Valve is fine, and everybody probably will.

nonamebrandeggs
Wow your a little slow :p, I learned that around 7 hours ago.

VoxteX
07-10-03, 23:32
Just got back from school :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
08-10-03, 01:00
For obvious reasons we don't want to touch this topic with any number of poles of whatever length you care to mention.

N