PDA

View Full Version : Pe PA stats

Dostan'Ilindith
07-10-03, 18:10
nope, im not posting them, but it looks like someone else has.

apparently, they will take - your PSI skill.

KK guys, are you idiots? the idea of armour, is that it makes you better, it increases your chances of survival. you Waant to wear it because its a good thing to have. its not supposed to be a trade off.

wtf is the point in putting it in a run, or charging for it, of your char is only going to gain strength in one area to lose it in another. so your not gaining anything, thus this leads to the reasoning its not worth paying in money or time to get it.

yes this goes for all armour. why the hell would a tank wear armour that made him WEAKER??!?

please guys, use some logic

\\Fényx//
07-10-03, 18:14
Originally posted by Dostan'Ilindith
nope, im not posting them, but it looks like someone else has.

apparently, they will take - your PSI skill.

KK guys, are you idiots? the idea of armour, is that it makes you better, it increases your chances of survival. you Waant to wear it because its a good thing to have. its not supposed to be a trade off.

wtf is the point in putting it in a run, or charging for it, of your char is only going to gain strength in one area to lose it in another. so your not gaining anything, thus this leads to the reasoning its not worth paying in money or time to get it.

yes this goes for all armour. why the hell would a tank wear armour that made him WEAKER??!?

please guys, use some logic

:rolleyes: take armour off.... buff... put armour on.... job sorted...

If thats your view care to explain why Tank PA takes away CON? and why Tank and Psi PA's nerf your runspeed... Runspeed is generally the main factor of what keeps you alive in neocron...

Dostan'Ilindith
07-10-03, 18:15
did you not read the whole of my post? i clearly said that tanks armour shouldnt do it either, same for anti rad suit.

•Super|\|ova•
07-10-03, 18:16
I know I will start an immediate whinespam on this thread but ABOUT A GOD DAMN TIME. Good job KK :p

After all, PE's need nerfing if you compare a PE to tanks as most of you ppl already know. Thank you. :cool:

Dostan'Ilindith
07-10-03, 18:17
im not only complaing about PE's.

i think all minuses should be taken out of armour.

VetteroX
07-10-03, 18:18
I agree partly that the loss in psi is really mean, but iit onlt means i cant use hold defector. while pking, i dont come up vs many lib/pain easer users, and in duels i can take the armor off, cast, put it back on. It gives more energy then durant 2 vest, and pistol combat, and i could really use the pc. Personaly, i think they could have made the amror nicer, but its still useful.

\\Fényx//
07-10-03, 18:19
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
I know I will start an immediate whinespam on this thread but ABOUT A GOD DAMN TIME. Good job KK :p

After all, PE's need nerfing if you compare a PE to tanks as most of you ppl already know. Thank you. :cool:

yea PE >>>>>> Tank

and before you start that bullshit I have a capped PE, A 'Capped' tank thats been my main char for 10 months, and also a /67 spy and /51 APU... just so any of you asses who use that argument of ''you only play a tank anyways so feck off newb''

Jaenus
07-10-03, 19:18
I have to say that my near capped (3 dex and 18 con :rolleyes: ) PE wouldn't really be affected by -PSI on the PA. Being in BD I mostly hunt firemobs hence I don't even cast the blessed def. very often.

If it was a drastic -PSI so I couldn't use my shelter... well then I would be a bit narked off.

Dru Blood
07-10-03, 21:31
hi dostan, hav0k here,

i agree, if its called powerarmor doesnt that mean its going to boost u some what more?

it should be pure bonus no negative.

Marx
07-10-03, 21:36
Ok, tanks.

You're wearing a big bulky suit of metals and various polymers.

You really think you're going to run as fast as you were able to without it? Of course not.

PE PA, The suit you wear covers your hand, and therefore psi-glove. Based on the picture... PE's have a crab claw thing while tanks and spies have a nice glove sized hand covering.

Pulled out of my ass, but you know - it makes sense in a way.

Shadow Dancer
07-10-03, 21:46
PE PA should take away psi completely from pes.

mdares
07-10-03, 21:49
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol man ur gonna get flames for that... (not from me i dunt really care)

BombShell
07-10-03, 21:57
i dont understand the problem with taking the psi from pe's if anything thats really nice of kk to do. blessed deflector is just as good as a capped basic deflector and u shoul only worry about it if u hav shitty frc resis.

i for one dont use blesse deflector me i save my mst for more ppu or ppw for a higher shelter. and most prc wepaons hav fire or xray mod so wouldnt it be just as good to get more shelter then bless. if not none really thought about making a good pe :)

Mr Friendly
07-10-03, 23:42
plz dont post any "rumors" uve seen or heard, since the PA hasnt even been brought out yet

Whiety Bulger
07-10-03, 23:44
PE+PSI= Defense better then tanks so if u take away PSI its not like that anymore.

Marzola
08-10-03, 03:50
Well, if you think about it, Power Armor sounds like it is somehow powered by something that will help the user move arround with it on, so us Tank's geting a big ass speed hit from wearing is kinda silly if you think of it that way. Also, the melee PA is the same model, but they don't get a speed hit :p (atleast to my knowledge).

Dribble Joy
08-10-03, 03:54
Depends on the definition of PA.
Power armour or Personal armour.
Tank PA is designed to help the wearer to lift and aim big fuck off guns, no to make him fast and agile.

hose187
08-10-03, 05:56
I agree that -Psi is a bit harsh, but all PA's have negatives (not saying they should). Psi is the only stat that PE's can afford to lose, really. Minus a few Con levels does absolutely nothing, except maybe losing 10 or 20 max health. Can't lower Str, or everyone would be stuck with Inq/Dur 1. Can't lose Int because that takes away medium belts. Psi was the only skill they could minus without destroying most PE's.

I'll just take my armor off every 10 minutes to cast heat/hazard, then put it back on. Like others said, blessed deflector isn't so much better than basic when cast by a PE. Besides, many times I go without shelter as well, since it shows you when you stealth.

And Shadow, were you serious? You can't be serious, can you?

Shadow Dancer
08-10-03, 05:57
Yea I was messing around Hose. :p

wolfwood
08-10-03, 06:11
Ok i do not want to offend anyone or have anyone call me an idiot or something like that just for speaking my mind. Why can tanks buy all there PA but then monks,spies,and PEs are forced to do an epic mission.

I am not suggesting a change ( although it would be cool if u could just buy the damn PAs.) I just want to know why, I mean tanks are strong, what do they have to worry about, meanwhile while we weak spies,fragile monks, and PE's have to go to the mb and face enemy gr campers. Just a though thas all.

hose187
08-10-03, 09:10
Wolf, I think the only reason is that tank PA has been ingame for a long time. When all the PA's have been out for a while, I think KK will put them in shops.

Also, if you had to do a run for tank PA, monks would have to do two :)

SorkZmok
08-10-03, 09:25
Who needs PEs and their PAs?

I just won my first 1 on 1 duels vs capped tanks. With my spy! ;)
Man its too great and im not even capped yet or using a good implant setup...

For the topic:
I can live with the psi penalty. I dont mind taking off my armor from time to time to cast heat 1.

El Barto
08-10-03, 09:50
Nothing wrong with tank PA neffing your run speed, if you can get a good enough con set up, u don't bother you, and if you think about it you are wearing that very big bit of armour, if that doesn't slow you down, what the hell else will???

-=Blasehase=-
08-10-03, 11:32
for hazard 1 put the armor off... and in fight take a destrosol forte

so whats the problem?

-FN-
08-10-03, 11:39
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

What he said :lol:

Thane
08-10-03, 11:51
who the hell said armors will ONLY add boni??? wtf do you comefrom, oyu put a ton of metal around you, and you wonder why your PSI decreases? shesh........

for someone asking for logic, you're not the best in it yourself, are you?

if the PAs would ONLY boost. every wanker and his baby would run around in it.... it's an alternative way, nothing else.
another thing might be to make several of those armors on a certain level, so you could decide if you go with PSI, or whatever...... but hell..... you guys are all about whining, ain't you?

\\Fényx//
08-10-03, 11:53
Originally posted by Thane
who the hell said armors will ONLY add boni??? wtf do you comefrom, oyu put a ton of metal around you, and you wonder why your PSI decreases? shesh........

for someone asking for logic, you're not the best in it yourself, are you?

if the PAs would ONLY boost. every wanker and his baby would run around in it.... it's an alternative way, nothing else.
another thing might be to make several of those armors on a certain level, so you could decide if you go with PSI, or whatever...... but hell..... you guys are all about whining, ain't you?

Bah.... stop whining about the whiners o_O :lol:

The Tank PE's a huge ass chunk of metal... but it lower's constitution o_O

QuantumDelta
08-10-03, 12:03
:lol: If I wrap tinfoil around my head the aliens can't find me.....they can't control my mind......!!!! :lol:

evs
08-10-03, 12:52
hmm re : you wear heavy armour you should lose dex agl etc

erm

the whole point of pa is that its POWERED ARMOUR

you shouldnt lose any bonuses from wearing it imo

alig
08-10-03, 12:59
The only thing pe pa _might_ prevent is pe's run casting heal....its not like they need to recast shelter/deflec in a fight is it? unless everyone just cant aim.....

QuantumDelta
08-10-03, 13:21
it wont effect heal.

Tycho C
08-10-03, 14:15
Well, the PSI negative is survivable by taking it off. -4 PSI wont effect anything really once you got Det poped. Blessed Def is 35.

As for how it should effect PEs.... It doesn't fit the PE image. PEs are slick and smooth at everything they do. To surround them with a tin can is just not right. While I'm not saying I won't wear it, I think it should more closely resemble the concept art that has been done by many people on these forums.

In a perfect world armor would have no negatives, but then everyone would use it and that would just be lame.

As far as PSI as a negative, I'm very surprised, thay have to know everyone will just take it off. Which worries me that to make up for that they will have it remove ATH and Agil just to meake sure we got the proper negatives. If it takes agil and athl, many PEs may be reconsidering wheather they will wear it.

But we'll see. This thursday or next it should be out. If they keep with the trend so far.

t0tt3
08-10-03, 15:15
Well criebabies KK take away from their ath or agl !!!!!!!!!!!
= less con and dex buhuhuhu who wanna gimp even more to use rares and the lack off run speed O_o

I could "if I played" take a INT loss on a monk PA w/o whine but you PE players cant understand what you cry about.

To kill a PE
DOS attack him and booom his client goes down = crash
Kill the non running PE and hack his belt woohooo a new medi kit ALLRIGHT!!!! way to go :lol:

QuantumDelta
08-10-03, 15:33

Idiot.

Anyway, I would prefer something that would cause a slight negative on a PE in a fight instead of something that can be circumvented with a cheap trick.

Tycho C
08-10-03, 15:36
Well QD, glad we agree on something :p

Or maybe we're crazy for being honest o_O ?

Dru Blood
08-10-03, 21:11
Originally posted by t0tt3
Well criebabies KK take away from their ath or agl !!!!!!!!!!!
= less con and dex buhuhuhu who wanna gimp even more to use rares and the lack off run speed O_o

I could "if I played" take a INT loss on a monk PA w/o whine but you PE players cant understand what you cry about.

To kill a PE
DOS attack him and booom his client goes down = crash
Kill the non running PE and hack his belt woohooo a new medi kit ALLRIGHT!!!! way to go :lol:

dude stfu spam face!

anyway, back to topic, id rather take a psi nerf than a str nerf anyday, otherwise u wont be able to were ur duranit armor or inquisions. lets wait and see any way for the confirmed stats of pe pa, fingers crossed its out tommorow.

t0tt3
08-10-03, 22:10
Never seen a happy PE... Allways bitching about the the looking on the PA the negative stats wonder you doesnt get the PA becasue you allways whines it back on the KK board....

They shouldnt be TEH powerful ones, its a hey I am a girl type of a char that never reach the top "any female presidents :rolleyes:"

QuantumDelta
09-10-03, 01:02
...Role any char other than a Monk on Uranus, cap it, and I'll whipe the floor with you.
Cap an APU there and I'll think about it (..........I hate......fighting APUs........)

Dezerter
09-10-03, 01:13
Originally posted by t0tt3
Never seen a happy PE... Allways bitching about the the looking on the PA the negative stats wonder you doesnt get the PA becasue you allways whines it back on the KK board....

They shouldnt be TEH powerful ones, its a hey I am a girl type of a char that never reach the top "any female presidents :rolleyes:"

I bitch because I can't get past 3 chevs as a PE. No matter what, we're not total Jacks of all trades.

The PSI removal isn't going to hurt, armor can be taken on and off, heal isn't affected, and the only thing you cant do is a blessed deflect. With 52 levels of STR into FOR resist, the couple seconds it's off along with other armor to cast it (if you're fighting) isn't uber death.