PDA

View Full Version : "Strange book" changes

Lanigav
07-10-03, 14:56
Since the 190 patch thread got closed before any real answers to the new Strange Book drop questions could be posted, I'll make a new thread about it here.

Two things. First, has the drop rate on cave bosses been increased, and does it drop on all cave bosses instead of just one or a few as rumored?

Second, now that it has a very low chance of dropping on normal high level mobs that drop techs, does the book drop as an addition, or does it take the place of a tech in the drop?

Dark Samurai
07-10-03, 15:00
There is no strange book its all a hoax muahahaha

ericdraven
07-10-03, 15:00
This is just a... "guess": ;)

The drop rate has been doubled for the boss-mobs.
All *** mobs have now a chance to (additional) drop the strange book with the same chance as the boss-mobs had BEFORE the last patch.

But.. as i said.. i am just "guessing". :)

garyu69
07-10-03, 15:02
I heard all High Level Mobs now have a chance of dropping a Book.
But of these High level Mobs, Cave mobs have a better chance of dropping.

superfresh
07-10-03, 15:16
Interpreting the notes literally, no real change has been made to the cave boss drop rate. They just threw it into the other mobs' drop pool. I think the bottom line is, there is an extremely slim chance a WB, Chaser, etc, is going to drop the book.

viscious666
07-10-03, 15:34
who the hell cares about books? im here eating sammon from my last nights dinner reflecting on a life time of unseen and unheard achivements by the gerneral populous but nothing matters, no. only she does... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol:

Shadow Dancer
07-10-03, 18:27
Originally posted by viscious666
im here eating sammon:

Oooohhh sammon. I read that too fast at first and thought you said something else...............

VetteroX
07-10-03, 18:29
must be a low chance, i killed a boss mob at least 30 times last night, no book.

Nightbrother
07-10-03, 18:39
They said that all mobs that usually drop rares, now also have a chance of dropping the 'strange book'. I've yet to hear of one who has found a book, though....

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 18:43
Strange Book GM or faction councellor events anyone? The only way we're gunna get one...

CRAIG DIGGERS
07-10-03, 19:04
Killed cave boss 80 times books 0

going on :p

s0apy
07-10-03, 19:32
hi lani.

i've killed about 80 squillion (roughly) wabbits since patch, and no books. however, i love the fact that with each mob i kill i have a little teeny frisson of excitement that maybe this will be the one...

not bothered about the drop rate, so long as it DOES drop. if it's anything like, say, filter heart 2 tho - i've probably seen 2 of those drop in over a year of retail play, so i'm not holding my breath.

only thing that does trouble me is missing it if i DO get one. what does it look like?

Deicide
07-10-03, 19:38
Originally posted by s0apy

only thing that does trouble me is missing it if i DO get one. what does it look like?

datacube....... just like all b00ks do ;)