PDA

View Full Version : ~How can we help?

cpl101
07-10-03, 13:36
I'm wanting to put more time into NC as i've nearly capped my spy, how can people in the community help out more, regarding events and stuff?

I'd obviously love to be a GM but understand that there is a large number of people who do to... but out of interest can u apply? If so where??

I'm planning to make pluto major events server if i can get enough people interested, but i'd love suggestions as to what we could do :)

Thanks guys

Jesterthegreat
07-10-03, 13:40
jobs@neocron.com

dont expect a reply though O_o

garyu69
07-10-03, 13:43
I want to see a gauntlet run set up. :D

A two man team has to run through a route which has a lot of people trying to stop them getting there to the other side.

Quickest time wins.

I think it would be fun :)

Richard Slade
07-10-03, 14:08
Originally posted by garyu69
I want to see a gauntlet run set up. :D

A two man team has to run through a route which has a lot of people trying to stop them getting there to the other side.

Quickest time wins.

I think it would be fun :)

I see two agl+atl capped spies with no weapons and an oblit...
I DON'T think it would be fun..

Wannabe
07-10-03, 14:12
And I can see a team of tanks and apus barreling and aoe'ng those said spies to death :D

By the way, fire barrel is poor apu's friend againts stealthers ;)

// Wannabe

garyu69
07-10-03, 14:12
^
^Obviously some rules would have to be wrote down, like no stealth. And it would be somewhere that would have lots of routes and doors so there could be groups of people hiding in them ready to pounce.

Stealth would just make the whole thing boring. SO I BAN THE STEALTH FROM MY EVENT!

Richard Slade
07-10-03, 14:13
Originally posted by Wannabe
And I can see a team of tanks and apus barreling and aoe'ng those said spies to death :D

By the way, fire barrel is poor apu's friend againts stealthers ;)

// Wannabe

Well name ONE spy stupid enough to go so close that they'll be seen
in stealth when there's Tank's standing about with drawn Mals...

TheDuckMan
07-10-03, 14:36
heh everyone wants to be a GM

Original monk
07-10-03, 16:50
Originally posted by TheDuckMan
heh everyone wants to be a GM

I wouldnt like to be one, such great responsability... and whats the use of hunting a few weeks till you have an mc5 chip while ya can log in and spawn one for yourself :/ whats the use of testin resists till ya have a neat setup if ya have 255 in every skill. Whats the use of praying for slots when ya can spawn yourself a 5 slotted full artifact cs ?

no use indeed

so yeah i prefer gaming the way i like instead of working on a list of 100 tickets every night and allready having everything ya need instead of hunting and trading for it :)

I think people have a romantic view on Gm's, my opinion is that it takes alot of time and aloot of hard work, i have respect for the GM's that are willing to control and help us ... the most crazy/hard gamecommunity on the web

edit: cpl1 i think that every bit of help is appreciated, from helping some noobs ingame, till organising mini-events and comming up with crazy new idea's on how we can make this game even better then it allready is, post some polls with new weapons, new genrepidea's, new sl/faction-systems. Heck yust work togheter to make this virtual world a better place :P

Morrow36
07-10-03, 16:54
i've been thinking of starting a dueling 1 on 1 tourny, takin place in one of the many "cages" in the wastelands

Candaman
07-10-03, 16:56
No. 1 its people thinking like that, that makes KK so reluctent to hire new GM's is so easily exploitable they have to be so careful.

No. 2 GM's can't control slots they can const at 255 but the cannot control slots.

But i completely agree that it is a very hard and time consuming position and only for those dedicated to improving the game for the benefit of others.

cpl101
07-10-03, 17:07
So do i lose my only Char on pluto if i become a GM?????? Cause I wouldn't want to do that, i want to be a GM to help do fun things for everyone like run events etc.

Ascension
07-10-03, 17:13
Doubt you get a reply Xtro clan leader of BRTF applied for Cm English faction councillor and applied twice..

Still waiting on a reply.. tht was 4 days ago. Mind you Arbiter did e-mail him back. 1st time saying we need more info. so he e-mailed back the required info and now we wait.. and wait.......and wait?

Cant see us getting a reply even though the Place needs to be filled:mad:

Customer services SUX:mad:

Originally posted by cpl101
So do i lose my only Char on pluto if i become a GM?????? Cause I wouldn't want to do that, i want to be a GM to help do fun things for everyone like run events etc.

No you get another account ;)

cpl101
07-10-03, 17:28
Well i sent in my application :) I just want a reply regardless of a yay or nay.

If i DO get in (fingers crossed) then i'll be able to really do some cool events, I may favour pluto cause its the best but i'll try do everything on saturn too! I just wanna help the community and give us fun things to do!!
TG raids, DoY attack Drugs busts in PP, Races, i'm drooling with anticipation. I'm on about 2hrs a day AT LEAST so i think i can devote time to it. U gotta love being a uni student!! I only have 8hrs work a week :D