PDA

View Full Version : neocron - my opinion

Al3X
07-10-03, 12:42
mailed this to mjs 1,5 week ago, but i didnt get a reply

(a few edits)
hello martin,
i am concerned about neocrons future, ive been playing this game for over a year now, and i still like it... (please read, this aint a flamemail but just a mail from a concerned cronner.)

why do i like neocron?
1) i like the combination of fps/rpg/cyberpunk
2) i like (most) of the community (no community is perfect, there are always flamers, fools, and brainless ppl)
3) neocron has becomen pretty mature in the past few months
4) the game is getting balanced piece by piece, even though at this point still lots need to be done (freezers/runspeed/apu damage, but thats a different discussion)
5) emotes give the game an extra dimmension, there's no thing funnier then seeing 9 ppl "fick" you when you lay dead on your back
6) every patch brings new interesting stuff, which adds new fun
7) the game has some very interesting future plans that could really make this game more interesting for other players too, and this would also enhance the game experience (hacknet, playerstores, mechs, DoY)

downside's
1) communication with the community... (this is the biggest downside! definetly!) we barely get status updates, and even if we get that there's is no "true" deadline. (ok i understand deadlines arent always reachable, but still...), involving the community more into whats happening would really be appreciated (like maarten is doing atm: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77681) (btw this is another very very useful idea from the community, plz dont ignore that!)
2) promises... we get promised so much fun stuff but most things arent implented... like doy,hacknet,mechs,playersstores, DoY..... not reaching the deadline aint a problem.. but saying nothing for months about something we are really looking forward to is really REALLY annoying AND it damages our trust in KK badly! not for nothing ppl always say: "when its done (tm), deal with it (tm), in the near future (c)". we would appreciate it if you keep us more up-to-date in DETAILS! especially the negotiations with the new developper, i see friends around me cancel their account just because they think doy never aint coming anymore, or at least not before their hair is grey :/
3) bugs. this aint completly your fault, cause mmorpg's can NEVER be perfect even if you put 100 programmers on it... but having a test server and still being able to implant huge bug in a patch is not exactly acceptable (pe skin bug, nameless/factionless people.)
4) server lag. not really your fault either, internet isnt designed for this kind of massive games.. but last week was really worse.. i had lag spikes every 10-20 minutes which jumped to 3000 ping / blacksynch.
5) kk's policy on specific issue's -- rezzkilling / deleted players / lost items due to bugs.
6) which brings me to point 6.. when i played neocron for a few months i had a plaza 3 app full of items, rares, vehicles.. when i logged in after newyear EVERYTHING was gone (the whole app). i mailed kk, a gm came and refunded me 2 mil without any trouble (i still really appreciate that, i would have cancelled my account if i didnt get it back...) few months back: new lom pills came in and i was lomming my apu to ppu, but i didnt knew about the permanent xp loss.. 2 of my chars were completly ruined. i mailed helpdesk, who ignored me.. i mailed a gm ingame.. he said mail helpdesk.. this really pissed me off so i mailed a gm who i trusted and she said she would do what she could.. after a week she resetten all my skills to its original level (i did NOT abuse that, i wouldnt do such a thing or make it up). last month: i lost my sf chip due to the "switch item after dead" bug. i emailed kk, they say they couldnt help me.. i emailed again, furious cause i last my 2 million chip due to a mistake which i didnt make.. i got the reply "we can only refund you 100k, sorry"...
100k.. for a chip which took me ages to get, and costs 2 mil if you buy it. i was extremly lucky to be in a clan with really supporting players (they made me a new one)
but still... they shouldnt have helped me, kk should have done.....

thats all i can bring up for now, plz keep in mind im NOT trying to flame or waste your time.. i would really appreciate some feedback..

like i said, i would really appreciate some feedback on this, no flaming plz

Itth
07-10-03, 12:57
i agree 100% on teh communication thing..

ffs how could sparing 10 seconds writing us information harm kk?

really?