PDA

View Full Version : Installation Sucks-cant Play So Wth

NeoChick
07-10-03, 04:37
Is there ANYWHERE an official step by step guideline on what to do when you have to install (or reinstall) this game (I am trying to avoid using profanities because I am sooo frustrated)

It is bad enough that you need guidance, NORMAL other games like SWG and similar you stick in the disk and it updates normally and voila, ahead you go

With NC about 80% of all struggle to get the damn thing to work and the devs don't seem to care or don't even seem to know what is wrong and want to tell us it is different with each computer (WTH, how come do other games not need you to analyse your individual computer to play the game)

The stupid Update Launcher never seems to work and you basically have to be a programmer to work all of this out, yes I have read the Q & A etc, and writing to support will take forever and I have to attach stuff that need to be a programmer to find to attach.

Sigh, do I have to cancel my account once again just because I cannot get the game installed?

Or is there somewhere a patch, or a guideline or something

(Yes I have read 20 pages on this via 'search' function but my installation does not work, cannot 'connect to server' for some strange reason. It always used to work on this exact same computer and nothing wrong with my ISP line)

Spoon
07-10-03, 05:48
Firewall maybe?
May sure the Neocron.exe has access and these ports need access, if you have an advanced firewall:TCP/IP: 7000, 8020, 8040, 12000 (all remote)
UDP: 6000, 6001 (both local); 5000 - 5016 (all remote)

Do you have the right IP in the Launcher?

or did you try connecting today while the servers were down for patching?

and welcome back, by the way.....

joran420
07-10-03, 06:33
I had the same problem for about a day...for some reason when i tried to pin neocron launcher to my start menu...it decided it wouldntr work anymore.....ummm maybe try neolauncher pro...(brams app) dunno

Erinyes
07-10-03, 06:38
Well Neocron currently has only one coder, and that makes it all ok. Things might be different if there were more, but by the lack of action, it appears Reakktor doesn't have much of an interest in more programmers.

joran420
07-10-03, 06:39
ummm ????? i think they have 3.....but thats not at all any help to her...thanks for your input though

NeoChick
07-10-03, 06:53
Thanks for the replies, hi Spoon, nice to be back :) so you are still here

So the servers were down today for patching? I knew about them being down for four hours but after that perhaps too. Doesnt say anything in the announcements.

This installation is on my office computer and had it installed on the exact same system before. Hmmm will check about firewalls ets

FBI
07-10-03, 08:40
If you were a bit more specific and detailed about the problem,
it could have been fixed by now.

Simply saying "the game wont install" and fuss about it isn't enough
info to get it fixed.

What exactly isn't working the way it's supposed to?

FBI

MjukisDjur
07-10-03, 11:57
well, neochick is pretty known for bitching :P