PDA

View Full Version : Rare Parts List v5.1 - Patch 191

StryfeX
07-10-03, 01:48
Well, here is the update you've all been waiting for. (Ok, not quite. But give me some credit for tryin' at least. :p) Version 5.1 of the Rare Parts List is here!

[[DOWNLOAD (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rarepartsv51.zip)]]

The thread for v4.5 can be found here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77710).

As usual, post comments/bugs/suggestions here and I'll do what I can to help out.

Also, please note that my host is prone to extreme moodswings and as such, if you can't download it at that moment, try again in a little while.

--Stryfe

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 01:53
Great work, just the Terminator doesn't need to be in there cuz it's acceses via a run.

StryfeX
07-10-03, 02:01
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Great work, just the Terminator doesn't need to be in there cuz it's acceses via a run. True, but you still get it as tech parts and want to keep track of it. It's also still technically a *giggle* rare *giggle*. Therefore I think it should be in there.

Oh, just in case people missed it, there's now a place down at the bottom to enter your unID'd tech parts count in.

--Stryfe

Cirith MS
07-10-03, 03:12
great work yes yes! this is my new best friend. thanks for your comments and ill see what i can do on my end, im a bit rusty but thank you for a chance to see what i can do

StryfeX
07-10-03, 03:39
Originally posted by Cirith MS
great work yes yes! this is my new best friend. thanks for your comments and ill see what i can do on my end, im a bit rusty but thank you for a chance to see what i can do No problem, man. Hell, I didn't even know how to do anything in Excel except point, click, and type until I started working on this spreadsheet. :D

--Stryfe

07-10-03, 07:25
http://ncraredb.tricin.net/index.php

is still the best, and hard to beat imo.

StryfeX
07-10-03, 14:39
Originally posted by 187
http://ncraredb.tricin.net/index.php

is still the best, and hard to beat imo. It's essentially an online version of mine, but without the rare drops. It's not bad.... Except for the speed. And the bugs. And the fact that you actually have to store the data somewhere else. (Although it looks like you can back it up, haven't tried though.) You can also print easily from mine.

I still like mine better.

--Stryfe

07-10-03, 15:17
yeah you have a point, apparently v2 of the site I listed is due. Altho I havent experienced any probs with the site.

Again, yours is nice. All down the personal preference I guess ;)

StryfeX
07-10-03, 15:24
Originally posted by 187
yeah you have a point, apparently v2 of the site I listed is due. Altho I havent experienced any probs with the site.

Again, yours is nice. All down the personal preference I guess ;) Yep. One thing I can see that would be nice about having an online DB is that you could (relatively easily) share rare parts data with other people.

--Stryfe

07-10-03, 16:11
Originally posted by StryfeX
Yep. One thing I can see that would be nice about having an online DB is that you could (relatively easily) share rare parts data with other people.

--Stryfe

Yeah thats the main advantage for me.

/sms r does the trick :) Shame the url isnt that easy to remember, and people have to scribble it on a bit of paper :)

I wonder if i could set my webpage (which is much easier to remember) to redirect to the rares DB, Ill have a look around, im poop at html.

FYI: login and password for my list is 187
dont forget to select saturn from the dropdown.

Greets

greploco
08-10-03, 01:38
nice

Viduus[JBX]
28-10-03, 00:44
I can't seem to use this spreadsheet; protection is not on and any attempt to enter a value closes excel.

Jest
28-10-03, 00:56
Wow, looks very cool man. And for any one else who likes to just print out their rare sheet and mark it with a pencil, just set the count of the items to 0, print out the first 3 of 6 pages, and it makes a smokin' print out. Thanks Stryfe-poo.

StryfeX
28-10-03, 06:33
Originally posted by Viduus[JBX]
I can't seem to use this spreadsheet; protection is not on and any attempt to enter a value closes excel. Hmm...That's interesting. What version of Excel are you using?

--Stryfe

trigger hurt
28-10-03, 09:20
Originally posted by Jest
Wow, looks very cool man. And for any one else who likes to just print out their rare sheet and mark it with a pencil, just set the count of the items to 0, print out the first 3 of 6 pages, and it makes a smokin' print out. Thanks Stryfe-poo.

That's MY STRYFYPOO!! You can't have him!

Yar. I keep this sucker on my laptop so when I have the parts id'd I can just enter the data in and toss the crap parts in plaza 1 and keep the other parts in my cabs.

Velvet
28-10-03, 10:46
Thanks for the work!

juvestar15
28-10-03, 11:01
Nice program. I think i might start collecting rares now. Once i make a resser that is. :D

StryfeX
28-10-03, 16:41
Originally posted by trigger hurt
That's MY STRYFYPOO!! You can't have him!

Yar. I keep this sucker on my laptop so when I have the parts id'd I can just enter the data in and toss the crap parts in plaza 1 and keep the other parts in my cabs. :lol: There's enough of me to go around, guys. Stop fighting. ;) ( :eek: )

I'm currently working on the next version, which will have the capacity to track your slotted built rares, and built drones and drone BPs.

Also, I'm working on some buttons like you suggested, Trigg. Should be in there before long. But for now.... "Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go..." :p

--Stryfe

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to PM me, email me, or post it right here in the thread.

trigger hurt
28-10-03, 21:13
I'll list my suggestions for folks so they don't duplicate the ones I made.

- Clear All button: To zero out all feilds. Sometimes I clear out all my rare techs by either selling or trading them for parts someone else needs and I am left with diddly. Heck, I already have 2 of every weapon my char's use, so why do I need more?

- Make the names of the weapons 'stick' in one place like a frame while the parts list on the right can scroll under it. I use a laptop with max resolution of 800x600, so I have to scroll to the right an awful lot. Having it where the parts list will scroll independantly of the name of the rare would help me organize stuff a bit better.

New Suggestion:

-A way to publish to the web. I don't know if it will require a macro or a 3rd party application, but it would be great if this could publish a plain HTML file that could be posted on the net for others to see. If you need some hosting for it, let me know...it's just a small HTML file, I can place it on my domain.

Viduus[JBX]
30-10-03, 02:30
Originally posted by StryfeX
Hmm...That's interesting. What version of Excel are you using?

--Stryfe

StryfeX
30-10-03, 03:35
Is that Excel 97 or 2000? I can't guarantee compatability in 97 simply because I haven't tested it, but I still don't see why you'd be having these types of problems.

Can you open Excel up normally? Can you open up other spreadsheets? Have you gotten all the updates? Have you tried reinstalling?

--Stryfe

Keiron
30-10-03, 03:45
Originally posted by trigger hurt
New Suggestion:

-A way to publish to the web. I don't know if it will require a macro or a 3rd party application, but it would be great if this could publish a plain HTML file that could be posted on the net for others to see. If you need some hosting for it, let me know...it's just a small HTML file, I can place it on my domain.
I aggre 100%, it would make my life MUCH MUCH easier.

Xarses
30-10-03, 23:15
Hey Strife, i was looking at your parts list here and its good, and ive been looking to make a lil perl database for people so they can keep track of there parts, esp have them published.

I noted the php form and its nice, but some what clumsy imo im looking to make something clean and simple, but gets the job done. Any input from people would be nice for features i allready see that people would like to be able to plubish them from the partslist straigh to the web anything else?

Here to make your tech tracking needs easyer

Xarses
Kalami, Saturn "He hacked that?"