PDA

View Full Version : Revenge is a joke :p

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 00:22
In the next patch you wanna up the dmg of a Revenge? Standing right infront of one in TT HQ it only halved me (spy). I was wearing no peirce/force armor (Just Rad suit and Heavy Energy). Just made me laught my ass off, but the droner did say the drone hit her 3 floors above, so thats gotta kick ass in OP fights :D. Right now though the story is, it's a joke...

(BTW I'm not flaming KK, just suggesting they up the damage, or maybe "Reporting" that it's too low as it is.)

Shujin
07-10-03, 00:24
gee sure wish i could even play ;[

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 00:26
Originally posted by Shujin
gee sure wish i could even play ;[

Not like it matters :p, you don't play on Pluto.

\0/ /0/ \0\ 60 sec dance

SorkZmok
07-10-03, 00:29
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
In the next patch you wanna up the dmg of a Revenge? Standing right infront of one in TT HQ it only halved me (spy). I was wearing no peirce/force armor (Just Rad suit and Heavy Energy). Just made me laught my ass off, but the droner did say the drone hit her 3 floors above, so thats gotta kick ass in OP fights :D. Right now though the story is, it's a joke...

(BTW I'm not flaming KK, just suggesting they up the damage, or maybe "Reporting" that it's too low as it is.)

From what i heard its bugged and does the same dmg as a KK 400.

Archeus
07-10-03, 00:29
I think it is more for annoying PPUs then spies.

So it does x-ray/rad damage? I know it doesn't do the same damage type as a Kami drone.

-FN-
07-10-03, 00:50
My guess is the drone has the same problem the Punisher has. I doubt KK even took this into account when they though through their implementing of rare drones.

Let's say you have an uber constructor build an RG-1000 and it hits 88% on damage. Then you build a Punisher and it only his 80% on damage thanks to the rare qual cap. The RG-1000 will do just as much damage, if not more, than the Punisher thanks to this difference. Now, maybe a Punisher built out of rares with 105% damage will out-do an RG-1000, but not a copied one. I assume the Revenge has the same problem.

Why KK has ignored my repeated suggestion to let drones cap in quality like other drones, but require something like a weaponpart 9 or *gasp* make the weaponpart 10 actually useful, I'll never know. Let's try again...

KK, Instead of making the Particle Nemesis require a wp1, wp2, wp2, and wp5, make it a 1, 2, 2, 10 and give Droners the REAL stat caps! Do this with the rare drones instead of the current gimping 80% stat cap!

Who knows... I might LoM back into droning 8|

JiNxY
07-10-03, 04:21
i wouldnt say no to a dmg increase to be honest, its dmg doesnt seem too much different from a kk400, but its speed is immense.

(but thats a bad thing when trying to hit a lone runner lol)

anyway, other droners seem to have had better luck with revenge damage than me, but im pretty confident no real tests have been done yet, i may do some tomorrow, im sure i will find alot of interesting things out...

KidWithStick
07-10-03, 05:17
Originally posted by SorkZmok
From what i heard its bugged and does the same dmg as a KK 400.

wow theres a surprise,,

oh i mean, bug? whats that mean?o_O

RayBob
07-10-03, 10:20
I've used about 15 Revenge so far in PvP scenarios and they can barely take an unbuffed SPY to half life. However, KK is so clueless about droning I'm not surprised or even mad.

Maybe one day we can have a virtual meeting with KK and about 5-10 of the top droners and within a few hours they would have a realistic blueprint for making droning live up to its potential.

Ray

-Demon-
07-10-03, 10:30
noname,

Yeah I was there too. i was at least expecting you and shirley to come through so I could pop you with a few shots :)

Later thought she knocked out 2 tanks and a pe in a op war admittely they was damaged but even so sounded very cool.

Shame I could never get into droning there are now some half decent drones and implants out there now.

Good fighting last night btw ;) Good pvp praccy

KramerTheWeird
07-10-03, 11:38
I believe it's more so the fact that there is a % based when it comes to damage.. like maybe they meant for revenge to never kill at full health and bring them down to half or something.. because it did the same to a tank I saw.

bounty
07-10-03, 12:12
Drones in general are just way too damn expensive for their own good. 2 shots to a PN from a apu and its bye bye drone and then you are in 5% SI, that just ain't right. It is a rare, yet can't even take damage. and its "sniping" capabilities are very limited, the range is nice but its bugged and very weak compared to an apu spell. If the beams from the PN were invisible, i would be happy. You could just float about and they would have to look for your drone which would give you some time to deal some damaage and wouldn't be overpowering. Or at least make them less obvious from where they are coming from. Or a peirce drone. Yes i know way off topic, sorry. Yeah the revenge drone is nice but ONLY because it can take out a group of guys that have relatively low health. and no matter how much they up the damage, i think it will still only take them down to half health just due to the way they don't want one shot kills, its in the engine.

Don't get me started on how many drones you lose due to bugs, crashes, and LE players taking them when you drop them.

Kasumi
07-10-03, 12:18
lol but its fun takeing peoples drones with an LE in :P than you can tease them :)

Brammers
07-10-03, 13:12
Originally posted by -FN-
My guess is the drone has the same problem the Punisher has. I doubt KK even took this into account when they though through their implementing of rare drones.

Let's say you have an uber constructor build an RG-1000 and it hits 88% on damage. Then you build a Punisher and it only his 80% on damage thanks to the rare qual cap. The RG-1000 will do just as much damage, if not more, than the Punisher thanks to this difference. Now, maybe a Punisher built out of rares with 105% damage will out-do an RG-1000, but not a copied one. I assume the Revenge has the same problem.

Ermm oddly, no. I find down graves that the punisher copy is doing 30 to 50% more damage that the RG1000. As for the punisher rare....erm I broke it by accident the other day. :wtf:

SigmaDraconis
07-10-03, 13:17
about 100-120 damage to a buffed PPU as far as ive seen..not super deadly but..hwo many things do you knwo that do that much damage in oen hit to a capped PPU?

Duder
07-10-03, 17:00
With a nice Holy Heal, nothing does much to a PPU.

Jaggeh
07-10-03, 17:40
i have tested the revenge on varius classes
(all capped or near capped chars and buffed)
APU - 170 dmg
PPU - 150 (110 with holy heal on)
PE - 90-110 depending on armor setup
Spy - 150-200 depending on armor setup
Tank - 100-250 depending on armor setup

the problem is its still not enough.

and yes the revenge hit me i was on the top floor of TT hq :D

Shadow Dancer
07-10-03, 18:24
How can you say 150 to a BUFFED person is not enough? The problem is the buffs. I mean if you make it do like 400 damage to a buffed person, imagine unbuffed. o_O

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 18:38
I was only buffed with Duder's shelter when I got hit...

FirestarXL
07-10-03, 18:43
Something like that sounds like it's more useful for softening up your enemy - though once a war has started it's not much use since you'll hit your own guys too. And that kinda takes it away from the idea of a "revenge" drone.

Btw, damn you noname! :D I was looking for an animation of a lemming to use in my sig, you beat me to it! Where did you find it?

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 18:45
I found it on b3ta, some guy made it. Lemmings > all games.

/me makes all my lemmings blow up. 3....2...1

Jaggeh
07-10-03, 19:48
i found a use for it at an op war

2 tanks and a pe had pulled back from the fight to get healed and my revenge hovering several hundred metres up noticed :D

needless to say by the time the ppu was able to res the first one a second revenge was already airborne and within range :D

Archeus
07-10-03, 20:17
Originally posted by Duder
With a nice Holy Heal, nothing does much to a PPU.

Holy buffs and holy heal running the revenge still does a large whack of damage.

Duder
07-10-03, 20:33
Unlike other classes, PPUs can recover in a few seconds.

nonamebrandeggs
07-10-03, 20:34
YEah, the other classes have to zone away :p.

Archeus
07-10-03, 20:43
Originally posted by Duder
Unlike other classes, PPUs can recover in a few seconds.

get whacked by two of the drones while your trying to do something and it will stop the PPU from laughing at thier uber god like powers and go o_O