PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion trike w/ rocket launcher?

Alex Mars
06-10-03, 21:20
A buddy and I were out gunning warbots from a chaincraft last night at the MB and we saw a motor-tricycle with a mounted rocket launcher. I checked around for patch notes and posts here and didn't see anything about it.

What was it and where do you get it? Is it a NEXT epic?

bounty
06-10-03, 21:24
I've got one of those on saturn, i bought it for 250k, have no clue how the guy got it. He said it was real rare or some bs. I was like w/e i just need a new toy. Did a lot of LOMING to use it with my PE and i must say it is a fun little thing to use since a driver can fire those rockets. You can take down warbots even faster than an apu with it.

edit: the ammo is a bitch to carry around though in quantity due to its weight.

Alex Mars
06-10-03, 21:33
What is the driving skill requirement?

bounty
06-10-03, 21:47
73 :/ that was the one bad part, but if you use a veh 3 and veh 2 chip, then you don't have to lom that much, but you do gimp yourself hardcore for your pc or rc. Also, there is a high TC requirement to fire it, i think somewhere in the neighborhood of 87. It is so much fun though that i think it is worth it just to even try out for a few hours. First of all, you will be famous for driving one and if you fire it around a group of people you will feel like a rock star because so many people want to follow you around and watch you blow shit up and secondly if you have a good resist setup, you can takedown warbots extremely fast, not Rhino fast, but certainly faster than a APU.

VVerevvolf
06-10-03, 21:50
Apus can take wbs down in 10 secs or less...

Alex Mars
06-10-03, 21:58
73 isn't so bad, my PE is already a qualified Rhino driver, but the TC req is a problem.

VVerevvolf
06-10-03, 22:00
TC req is 51.

Archeus
06-10-03, 22:04
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
Apus can take wbs down in 10 secs or less...

Revenge is supposed to take them down in one hit. Or so I have heard. Don't believe it though.

The craft was GM spawned at an event and can be blueprinted. You just need to find the person who is selling the keys.

JackScratch
06-10-03, 23:14
A number of the trikes have been released into the game through a NEXT hosted event. A few of the keys were awarded to a number of runners. They are BPable and are ment to be introduced into NC as a comodity, there fore they can not be obtained in any way, other than player to player comerce.

stalked monkey
06-10-03, 23:28
Nice! Finally, a vehicle that the driver can gun... anyone want to sell me one on saturn? :) Need more vehicles like this too KK... <hint hint>

Alex Mars
06-10-03, 23:31
I wish they'd made this one with a simple machine gun or something that didn't require TC, I've already got a pile of points in my driving skill and can't afford to level up TC.

Heavyporker
07-10-03, 00:19
alex, then just gun the machine gun in the back of the trike. it only needs HC.

KidWithStick
07-10-03, 00:21
on pluto there was a race to implement them, whoever won the race got 2 copy's

my team won first, so we got some, blueprinted them ASAP and went nuts:rolleyes:

Clive tombstone
07-10-03, 00:26
HEy mY Character on Uranus could use one of those, anyone know who has one of those? I could use a few bps, I got a whole storage room full of Vehicles parts, and im sure If I could get a few Bp's I could start pumping those babies out like hot cakes, anyone know who might have one on uranus?

Will pay well. Id like to travel in style for once, The my APC is kinda gettin clunky :(

Rieper
07-10-03, 01:25
lol, crysta was selling em at 175k a pop :)

stalked monkey
07-10-03, 02:23
More vehicles with built in guns. And headlights! Ooo headlights. We need vehicles for built in guns. PKing with a rhino only is fun till the first time you get raped by an APU barrelling your arse. We need something SPEEDY. I didnt spend 62 pts + implants in Vhc skill just to ferry people to MB all day.

Alex Mars
07-10-03, 02:28
My gunner suggested a spotlight mounted on the gun for night hunting. Headlights would be nice, but what I really want is a fucking trunk to store ammo in!

AlexStarr
07-10-03, 02:46
The Scorpion trikes will be coming to Uranus very soon. I've been working on finishing the event on Pluto, and now that it's done I will be setting my sights on Uranus to get you guys some new toys as well. So keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks or so. ;)

japata
07-10-03, 06:36
I drive the scorpion all the time on saturn. There was some guy that was selling bp's 15k each.

I actually find it quite effective. It fires rocket bursts of 3, each doing around 150 damage to a doomreaper, which is quite good actually. The rockets have very short range and they disappear when they reach the limit which makes them easy to outrun. Another sucky thing is that it takes quite much damage from high-level mobs and even like 10% repair costs around 12k. That's not too bad on my HC using PE as he can remote repair it after each mob - it just takes time. What I'd like to see, concerning the heavy scorpion, is that it'd take less damage from mobs but the damage from players wouldn't change (as it's already quite tough to break with non-force weapons).

Clive tombstone
08-10-03, 03:39
well, As hear that they were released through an event, could you please make it availible during like a pacific time of day "or host 2 diferent events for Euro and American times" Im really interested in this vehicle, and I would promis me and me friends would get bps out to tones of people for cheap (maybe 10k each?) all we need is the chance to get (or win?) these and we'll make sure there isnt a monopoly with these things :)

PEace out

Alex Mars
08-10-03, 03:45
You make them available at 10K a pop and I will buy them and hand them out for free to people so we can get some of these in the game.

But I still want a fucking trunk in vehicles for ammo storage.

AlexStarr
08-10-03, 05:13
Well, at the moment, quite a few people have them for sale on Pluto. You can get in touch with Phoenix to get one. Or if you're really desperate I can see about getting one for you, but I'll not be around on there much lately, since now I'm gonna be working on getting them into Uranus.

I'll announce the presenation on Uranus probably a week or so in advance. I hope you all enjoy this one as much as the one on Pluto was. They'll be available soon (not tm) on Uranus, so just have a little patience. ;)

Clive tombstone
08-10-03, 23:38
Wow, thats all I can say, I went on to Saturn (BTW what a strange server:D ) and I saw the Trike in action, and this made me Think (and hell froze over 9000 times :lol: ) if more vehicles were given weapons (and trunks :D ) Maybe the vehicle skill could become more prominent in combat insted of just for support.

heres an example, say we have SPY :a and hes going to go warbot hunting with PE:c and they say "well I use my drone and You use your rifle and we'll try and stay alive, and it works out fine, but gets boring quick. now heres the fun part. Insted of last time we have SPY;a say to PE;c "Ill bring in the trike, and you can take the turret, while I gun and repair.

Now to me, making a vehicle clan Is my dream. But sadly, right now vehicles dont stand much of a chance to most clans (and there APU's:( ) but if lets say we got those in active gatling guns on the Hovertech v.1's working and upd the damage and lowerd the requirments on most car's turrets, we could have the vehicles playa more prominent roll in combat than just transport and "meat shielding"

Sorry for the rant, Was just watching road warrior AND Fast and the ferious about 1 hour ago :D

PEace out (pS I would get those BP's out quicker than you could make em buddy :cool: )

Nightbrother
09-10-03, 01:41
If you want to buy a bp of the regular new trike, just DM me ingame on Pluto. I was at the auction in the con center in plaza 1 on Pluto. Prices went crazy, and the bp's sold immediately after the auction were priced SO high, but quickly dropped down. First people who had them agreed to all sell them at 100k each. An hour later I bought a bp of the regular trike for 15k. Good thing I waited. As someone cleverly pointed out on the Trade Channel: 'Yes, let's all buy them right now after the auction, since right now they're stupidly overpriced'. How right that dude was. Anyway, I have yet to try it out myself, but as a driver you need INT 45 and VHC 73. As a gunner you need STR 14, and HC 34.

Happy Trike'ing....

Clive tombstone
09-10-03, 02:59
Yes, And I being caught in the OOh Ooh I gotta get the first one cheem always sorta happens (sorta like right now:D ) Anyways, I would make the Really them EASY to afford (5 to 10k [Come on the research big packs arnt cheap :p ]).

well yah, thats about it really. BTW something a little off topic, can someone get KK or someone to put a GRP at the race track? I love racing there with me buds on urinus server (made 10k on a bet on who would win in a chaintechv.1 race yesterday :D ) its REALLY a pain when you have to take other GRP's that are owned by the Untouchable's own every GRp close to the darn place :mad: (and my Vehicle clan isnt ready to take bases [heck my clan dont even exist yet :D ])
well, thats my rant, seya next time

PEace out