PDA

View Full Version : Patch 191

Thanatos
06-10-03, 20:13
Faction Sympathy Problem (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78130)

- Generep in El-Farid should be targeteable again. (You still have to crouch when warping in though).
- Fixed Warbot drops.
- Fixed crash caused by chat messages from bugged PEs.
- Fixed stuck camera angle when character is sitting in chairs or in vehicles.
- Fixed another bug on the quest for the holy PE Bug.

Looks like we found the holy grail of bugs now :)

GambitFlame
06-10-03, 20:14
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Nice work guys

Only smoked like 40 cigarettes waiting :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
06-10-03, 20:15
so your saying that u found a part of some code that relates to many bugs? if so that's great. and thanks for working till 8pm on this codi :D

Omnituens
06-10-03, 20:16
w00t!

*patches*

GenocYde
06-10-03, 20:17
When you say "FIXED" the WB drop rate is that good or bad?

Sokaris
06-10-03, 20:17
just please don't employ sir robbin or we are all doomed.. and the warbots will now hug us and give us cupcakes not rare parts..

starts to humm to himself.. "brave brave sir robbin.. sir robbin ran away... "

anyways i am glad all this is taking place at work and i really hope that the servers do get back up tonight but if not i will be happy knowing that a lot of problems are being fixed and to lose a day and have all the problems fixed is better than trudging around ina world of problems and being able to play.

Tratos
06-10-03, 20:18
No PEs atm :D *crosses fingers*

nice work an thanx :) :cool:

~T

jernau
06-10-03, 20:20
Any rollback or are the dropped rares still in game?

PS - Thanks for getting a fix out so we can play tonight.

BombShell
06-10-03, 20:25
well i got a old bugg on my tank she has 67 tg symp and always hav. it never goes up and the plus side never goes down when i kill a tg :) TG forever. i dotn really care if u fix it or not.

BombShell
06-10-03, 20:28
Looks like we found the holy grail of bugs now

does that mean pe's bugg this game out. lets fix this removes all pe's from game :)

DigestiveBiscui
06-10-03, 20:31
Originally posted by jernau
Any rollback or are the dropped rares still in game?

PS - Thanks for getting a fix out so we can play tonight.

i havent been on yet today - please explain :)

garyu69
06-10-03, 20:31
Yeah, I return to being the best looking PE in the game :)

Whitestuff
06-10-03, 20:39
I want to apologize for my El Farid thread now. You guys fixed it and I am happy that you did and listened to us people. Thank you sooooooo much.

I normally am not this angry, but I am in midterms atm..... Neo is a disease that seeks to make me fail my tests.

Dribble Joy
06-10-03, 20:40
w00t cheers mush, let us know how you do.

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 20:43
question -

what does

- Fixed Warbot drops.

mean?

JustIn_Case
06-10-03, 20:47
Originally posted by KidWithStick
question -

what does

- Fixed Warbot drops.

mean?

Probably that they dont drop complete rares as they did after patch 190.

Mithranthir
06-10-03, 20:49
why do u ask us to send a ingame request?
since all our chars have now 33 in faction symp

this is what u wrote
(Please write an ingame help request (not Helpdesk)

ingame ..tells u to write to helpdesk
so???
my ide is talk to ur ingame ppl...
that all what i have to say

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 20:50
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
Probably that they dont drop complete rares as they did after patch 190.

OMMGGG

i wish i fucking logged on right away!!!!!1!11111!!!

Sokaris
06-10-03, 20:53
well it wasn't a huge deal cause they were dropping everything poor quality..

but i still would have loved to get a poor one slot libby for fun.. :)

JustIn_Case
06-10-03, 20:55
Wrong thread to discuss patch 190, but they all wasnt poor quality ive heard. Someone got a artifact imp glove.

jernau
06-10-03, 20:56
Originally posted by Sokaris
well it wasn't a huge deal cause they were dropping everything poor quality..

but i still would have loved to get a poor one slot libby for fun.. :)

erm.. nope

Gloves dropped artifact.

Also, who cares what quality a glove, ultima or slottie drops as?

I'd like to hear that these items are being removed but I think they are being ignored because the DB isn't up to the job.

japata
06-10-03, 20:57
Why oh why didn't you rollback? Saturn was flooded with poor quality rares. I'm not bitching about weapons, but think about implants... there were ppl selling psi cores for ridiculously low prices.

Oh well. A bit too late for a rollback.

Edit: Whoopsie, just found out that the bugged out rares were removed.

massic
06-10-03, 21:07
El Farid on Saturn still not targertable, and Desert City entrance is gone.

jernau
06-10-03, 21:20
Originally posted by japata
Edit: Whoopsie, just found out that the bugged out rares were removed.

Where did you hear that?

Is it officially confirmed?

Phiberdelic
06-10-03, 21:39
Can someone find out if QuickType is still bugged....this is annoying as hell that it makes you stop running while talking.

VVerevvolf
06-10-03, 21:45
It is, so is shift = jump in RPOS mode.

Radamez
06-10-03, 22:15
Originally posted by massic
El Farid on Saturn still not targertable, and Desert City entrance is gone.

yep :(

i'd logged out there before patch, as did an APU that was there previously so we had the place to ourselves..

but i died, char is now in endless sync :lol:

Phlith
06-10-03, 22:43
thantos = pwn :D

SpinZip
06-10-03, 22:51
Patch 191 doesn't have a Patch File under Patch Notes.

Am I going to have to download using the games server?

SpinZip
06-10-03, 22:56
Actually it's not taking that long to DL. I guess I can wait another 10 minutes to play.

Mr Friendly
06-10-03, 23:07
hmmm, ill have to log in & see if theres any more bugs for u guys to have fun with fixin :D

peace, I'm out like the fat girl in dodge ball

Twysta
06-10-03, 23:07
I havent been able to connect to any server since i downloaded patch 191. Been trying on and off for more than 3 hours to get on. I keep getting Failed to Connect to Server message, and when i try Resume it just freezes.

Nidhogg
06-10-03, 23:25
Make sure you re-enable your firewall after the patch. Firewalls typically decide that it's not the same executable any more (which is correct, obviously) and disable Neocron's internet access.

N

Cirith MS
06-10-03, 23:30
KK any word on the ppu nerf that i read about that was not suppsoed to happen ..and what about the heavy deflector belts, where they fixed?

and what about the people that lost all there faction symp or it droped to neg numbers and they can not rejoin the faction, ya say do ingame help, and ingame help says to mail help desk and help desk says sorry cant help

Spy<VS>Spy
06-10-03, 23:32
alright boys and girls, thats a little more like it. :)

Cruzbroker
06-10-03, 23:43
GREAT fixes

Thank You.

CrazyMan
07-10-03, 08:04
ok, all sounds good and fixed, BUT...

I played for about 90 minutes last night, after the patches have been installed, Neocron crashed about 4 times, and another 5-6 times I got bugged (everything was fine, but items got mixed up, for example I see an implant in the inventory after i was killed, I put it in the processor window and try to get poked - "unable to poke", I quit, re-join and oops that was an ammo box and not implant....thank god i wasn't selling the junk loot to the buyer, otherwise i could have sold my CS or rare imps). Those bugs did happen occasionally before (but the rate was like once in a month - not 5 times in 1 hour!!!!!!) :mad: :mad: :mad:

This spoils all the fun and gameplay :confused:

DonnyJepp
07-10-03, 09:10
Originally posted by CrazyMan
ok, all sounds good and fixed, BUT...

I played for about 90 minutes last night, after the patches have been installed, Neocron crashed about 4 times, and another 5-6 times I got bugged (everything was fine, but items got mixed up, for example I see an implant in the inventory after i was killed, I put it in the processor window and try to get poked - "unable to poke", I quit, re-join and oops that was an ammo box and not implant....thank god i wasn't selling the junk loot to the buyer, otherwise i could have sold my CS or rare imps). Those bugs did happen occasionally before (but the rate was like once in a month - not 5 times in 1 hour!!!!!!) :mad: :mad: :mad:

This spoils all the fun and gameplay :confused:

That bug happens to me everytime I die and genrep. Every single time. It isn't a new thing with today's patches nor was it just introduced with 188/189. Basically if I genrep post-death, I relog because I almost always am implanting a piece of armor.

Crest
07-10-03, 09:30
Hmmm, I wonder what fixed GR at El Farid Means ....

I ask Cause hey, I can target it from the dungeon door, no problems, except I cant target the Dungeon Doors, and I cant Go down below and give the queen a spanking....

As for Being able to use the GR, at El Farid.... No, Nothing....Still not working

ME Thinks Unfix the Dungeon door (I liked it broken when you could sync in) and Unfix the GR as it was before patch 188/189, I liked it working....

Else Thanks for the hard work guys...Drop Rate seems to be up..... I think thats what Fix Drop Rate means....You get some Rares

\\Fényx//
07-10-03, 10:09
PE bug gone in my experience, Also only fataled once lastnight, while using citycom (Always fatal on that now...)

However my ping seemed to be well off my usual, may just be my net but may asmuch be the servers o_O Bouncing from 30 to 2000 alot 8|

NeoLojik
07-10-03, 10:36
I didnt see any un-named PE's on Pluto last night, was nice to be able to see who was speaking to me :)

*Drools over the fact that Spy/PE PA might hit this week*

BTW, what happened to the Heavy Combat Tank PA (Yes, I know this inst a patch 191 thing)? Lvl 1-3 are grey and lvl4 Black, I wanted to wear yellow armor :p

Still get crashes when withdrawing or depositing cash into the clan bank via a citycom, regardless of amount or time, I hit the confirm button and boom, FRE.

That might actually be a good thing, means Im not touching my savings :lol:

Vampire222
07-10-03, 10:44
i seen 1 unnamed pe, in like 5 hours after patch

garyu69
07-10-03, 11:04
I saw one (unknown) person.

But that ended up being his name anyway :lol:

Matthew.v.smith
07-10-03, 13:45
I love this patch.

So far every bug that was here before has been addressed and dealt with.

No more Unknowns (except the guy with the name Unknown :D )
No more massive Lag in MB (i can actually PvP their now instead of having a spike filled death)
Spy and PE pa fixed (Finally its on the way)
Absolutely no fatals so far.
And it feels like a Peice of Perfection...well for me ^_^

Well-Damn-Done:cool:

Matty.:angel:

P.S) I cant help asking.....Please GMs Around about when is the new PA out anything will do just update all us Spys and PE's please :rolleyes: :)

Progenitor
07-10-03, 15:15
I ran across one Monk I couldn't target or get a box around.

My Monk seems to be running slower. Feels like I am encumbured, but I am not.

Fire mobs seem to hit a lot more without showing any graphics. I only know I am hit, because all of a sudden I am on fire and losing health.

Other than that, things seem to be working great.

-p

\\Fényx//
07-10-03, 15:22
Originally posted by Progenitor
I ran across one Monk I couldn't target or get a box around.

Fire mobs seem to hit a lot more without showing any graphics. I only know I am hit, because all of a sudden I am on fire and losing health.

Other than that, things seem to be working great.

-p

I had that with my monk aswell :confused: And I only had my usual stuff in my inv, hell I had less than usual because I had only 3 medikits left, normally can carry 8 of em o_O

meh...

McEvoy
07-10-03, 15:29
Ive seen alot of weird skin problems after patch, im not sure if someone already mentioned this. like I saw a Aggressor wearing a plaza sighn as a body suit:lol: (really) and some people look like there covered in shadows. I havent seen any green people recently though. this all may be do to the fact that this week i've had to settle with dial-up do to a DSL F-up. anyway bsides that all seems right with the world, oh the dead copbot in Pepper park is a nice touch ;)

Balthasar
07-10-03, 15:32
There seems to be an issue with the OP bonus. I went to a Lab in order to push my research skill. I belong to the TG faction who occupied this Lab. My faction is not bugged (shows TG in F6 window), the genrep settings were set to friendly but I got no bonus at all. I've tried relogging twice but that didn't help. Might be important to tell that I'm using the LE chip ... I got the bonus before the patches 190/191 though.

Can anyone confirm this ? Do clanmembers get a bonus of their OP ? Do you get a bonus if you are same faction / neutral to the OP holders. What about LE / non-LE ?

Sokaris
07-10-03, 16:26
hmm i have to say my neocron was the smoothest it has ever been with no bugs or flaws yesterday.. at least i never saw any weird things happening..

tomparadox
07-10-03, 16:50
Absolutely no fatals so far.

OMG! you lucky SOB i fatle all the time even befor this patch like once every 10 - 20 min i fatle can kk fix this problem its rully geting anoying to fatle while killing a mob log back on and your dead.

Stigmata
07-10-03, 16:51
NEW BUGS

Monk runspeed NERF (does a patch ever go by without a monknerf ?)

Constantly on fire bug, Im sure everyone has seen the bug wear someone else appears to be on fire constantly, well with this shiney new bug you can see your self on fire constantly 24/7 even in plaza WOOT, SORT IT PLEASE

Random Health loss, Run around in any zone i started with 304 hp then as i stand still in a quiet place mt health drops by 10 then 14 then 15 then 11 then the next tick it jumps back up to full, it then procedes to do this until i relog/zone this happens 1 out of every 3 zones.

The PE bug seems to have gone.

Most importantly, what will be happening with the rogue items that are in game (machina gloves, psicore, etc etc) these items where ingame and people where collecting them for at least 45 minutes.

I cant see any way of you taking them out KK with your very flakey database and lack of individual item labelling, so these people who farmed Warbots for 45 minutes killing probably 50 of them are just gonna get to keep the items ?

Andy

tomparadox
07-10-03, 16:54
Please write an ingame help request (not Helpdesk) if you have lost sypmpathy in your own faction because of the patches. ISW Gamemasters can and will fix your sympathy (other GMs do not have that command).

ok i forgot to post this. tell the ingame support to respond i stayed loged on waiting for them for like 10 hourse jest waiting and whatching moveis. can you fix this?

Sokaris
07-10-03, 16:57
well the good thing is that all the items were poor quality.. so at least they aren't amazingly.. if they were all artifact or something then it would have sucked and would have been worse..

oh ya i did forget to mention that my sympathy went from 76 to 35.. so i put it in the help desk in game.. who knows if it gets fixed or not..

Stigmata
07-10-03, 16:59
well the good thing is that all the items were poor quality.. so at least they aren't amazingly.. if they were all artifact or something then it would have sucked and would have been worse..

oh ya i did forget to mention that my sympathy went from 76 to 35.. so i put it in the help desk in game.. who knows if it gets fixed or not..

the weapons where poor quality the imps and gloves where artifact!

Andy

jernau
07-10-03, 17:28
Originally posted by stigmata
Most importantly, what will be happening with the rogue items that are in game (machina gloves, psicore, etc etc) these items where ingame and people where collecting them for at least 45 minutes.

I cant see any way of you taking them out KK with your very flakey database and lack of individual item labelling, so these people who farmed Warbots for 45 minutes killing probably 50 of them are just gonna get to keep the items ?

Andy

THIS NEEDS FIXING

We haven't had any official response on this.

Disturbed021
07-10-03, 17:55
Originally posted by jernau
THIS NEEDS FIXING

We haven't had any official response on this.
Unfortunately I don't think they can do anything about it at all :(
Sux that the few ppl that were able to log right after the patch get a bunch of completed imps and noone else does, but oh well shit happens *shrugs*

Sokaris
07-10-03, 18:17
ouch.. that does suck then...

hmm i wish if the people get to keep them that i was on to have gotten some.. but alas at work it's tough to hunt..

i don't think there is anything they can do about it i guess..

Spoon
07-10-03, 19:22
Originally posted by Progenitor
-p

I had something similar, but on my Tank..
I noticed after hunting I would go to a gogo and put the loot in it and put the exact same amount of ammo back in my inventory, my free weight would drop 2 points(kilos or whatever).
After 3 runs it was pretty noticable and I seemed to be more sluggish when running.
I keep a close eye on my free weight, because my Tank has like no points in Transport....

I check again tonight...

Wasn't there a similar "free weight" bug along time ago?

mehirc
07-10-03, 19:51
Originally posted by Balthasar
There seems to be an issue with the OP bonus. I went to a Lab in order to push my research skill. I belong to the TG faction who occupied this Lab. My faction is not bugged (shows TG in F6 window), the genrep settings were set to friendly but I got no bonus at all. I've tried relogging twice but that didn't help. Might be important to tell that I'm using the LE chip ... I got the bonus before the patches 190/191 though.

Can anyone confirm this ? Do clanmembers get a bonus of their OP ? Do you get a bonus if you are same faction / neutral to the OP holders. What about LE / non-LE ?

Its not the GR setting that gives you bonus but the turret setting. The GR can be open to all but if the turrets are set to 'attack not clan' nobody but the owner gets bonus.

Balthasar
07-10-03, 20:36
Originally posted by mehirc
Its not the GR setting that gives you bonus but the turret setting.

You're right. I didn't think of the turret setting. I've checked it ingame and it has been set to attack not clan. Must have been a coincidence that the security was attack not faction / none everytime I went to the lab.

Whitestuff
08-10-03, 04:26
Ok retractimg my apology. KK FIX EL FARID AGAIN!!!! Gosh. . . I hate midterms, they make me angry....

Alpha-Omega
08-10-03, 16:34
Originally posted by Thanatos

- Fixed stuck camera angle when character is sitting in chairs or in vehicles.

HALELUJAH! Now i can come back, i stopped playing coz of this bug!

Edit: Well, i can once my PC is fixed, college barely let me use their PCs for the forum :(

Vampire222
08-10-03, 16:37
They forgot to add something to the notes:

- New RARE: Crash

DigestiveBiscui
08-10-03, 16:47
Originally posted by Vampire222
They forgot to add something to the notes:

- New RARE: Crash

thats old, and its not rare :p

Razzor
08-10-03, 18:59
Coool

Syphodias
08-10-03, 20:15
I can logg in to Neocron anymore since last patch. And Im not using any firewall or something like that...

Damn I love to se the new patch INGAME not just read about it....

Syphodias
08-10-03, 20:16
Sorry that should be CANT logg in....

:)

scalper
09-10-03, 18:57
I am now the only person in here.
I have hacked every belt and get respanw by going downstairs.
I have been the only person here since the 191 patch ( other than random PKer who died ) only left me a small spell - u can have it back if u DM me in game and I can leave, but i doubt u that bothered -
but the spawns only ever give me a max 2 giants and I still have not had the queen.

I am almost out of health kits and PSi boosts so please let me kill her ( or at least die trying )

Oh and when I do leave please have the genrep fixed so I dont have to go through 3 zones to get back to plaza.

But I Like having the door closed - at least until i die or run out of stuff to buff me up with. :cool:

scalper
10-10-03, 20:31
Otherwise I would have seen her - the random spawn was alleged to be up to a max 5 days.

I been the only one here in that time and I have not killed the queen and as I have finally run out of junk, biisters and health kits i am now leaving El Farid.

Why tell us its random when i t is not.

Why tell us DoY is about to be released when it is not.

These and many other questions can be avoided if you work at KK.:confused: