PDA

View Full Version : Does construction have a rollover point?

Tia
06-10-03, 19:03
I would really like a straight answer from someone from Reakktor on this.

Here are some facts for people who have been asking, and statistics to back up my question:

1) No, no tradeskills (especially not construction) "stop" at 255. Your points can go above that.

2) From what I've seen, and I know everyone says this, but I've built a -lot- of rares. I kept track of a lot of them on croncom.com, I have more to enter in but I'm waiting on converting to a database. At any rate, yes, I've built a -lot- of rares and whether or not you have a psi boost on you, take drugs (when you're at a really high level), or you're at a factory hasn't seemed to make a difference. The -only- thing I've really seen people do that even sort makes sense is ask, "What were the slots like on your last 10 builds?" -- because if you just got three 5 slotters in a row, you're probably not going to get another one in your next build.

Now, "bad luck" aside, since the patch and being able to reach very silly TLs in construction, I've built at a factory at TL 285 and I've built no less than 11 rares all with no slots and 2 with 1 slot. Two of those were of quality "Outstanding" instead of "Perfect". When I get a construct boost 3 and go to TL 305, I build at about the same as if I build at 225 in Plaza 1. Putting Anti-Radiation armor on and lowering my intelligence gives me the same result. This lends credence to the belief that there is a point where construction skill "rolls over" and starts counting your skill as much lower than it is.

I want to know if this is true, because there are a lot of people investing a lot of points into construction, and while it's moderately well known that for non-rares there's a quality cap that you can reach at low points, if some of us have paid and spent lots of time getting our skills up, I daresay we deserve to know if we're going to get screwed over on our builds because of some bizarre mathematical limit in the game.

End of rant.

XenivouS
06-10-03, 19:10
wow this is a very interesting arguement hopefully KK will respond with some kind of figures or anything in general and it would help constructor tradeskillers alot.

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 19:11
i would like to know too....

i havnt gotten ONE rare with more than 2 slots. and that was a 2 slot HL made by inspector gadget a while back on saturn, he had like what? 180 cst, roe has 205? roe's made me 3 no slot rares, and i got to him once and he busts out a 2 slotter with a already artifact stat, and he has less points, and less leveld.

ericdraven
06-10-03, 19:12
I think there is no rollover point and slots are just pure random.. and therefore all our über-skills with 250++ are for vain.. again..

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 19:12
Originally posted by XenivouS
wow this is a very interesting arguement hopefully KK will respond with some kind of figures or anything in general and it would help constructor tradeskillers alot.

i highly doubt it.

the only KK employee i ever see posting on the forums anymore is thanatos...and thats just when theres a patch.

MJS hasnt said anything on the english community talk for months now...unless he said somthing and i missed it

ericdraven
06-10-03, 19:15
Originally posted by KidWithStick
MJS hasnt said anything on the english community talk for months now...unless he said somthing and i missed it
Well... i doubt MJS knows the slot formula anyway. :p

NaKoth
06-10-03, 19:22
Yes, would be good to get an official answer. If there really is a "flip-point" i would like constructors (and all of us) to know about it, instead of waisiting their precious skillpoints.

Lexxuk
06-10-03, 19:24
This was all tested many moons ago by, myself, strych9 and alexandros (rawr, we were teh pwn constructor) which let to old thanny breakin the news, construction quality is based on int/skill/dex (which is why people now say Constructor 255 skill 100 dex 100 int and a parrot).

Slots is based on theoretical quality cap, i.e. if you have 150 construct, you wont cap a TL120, so lower chance of slots. Rares themselves have a higher chance of slots, but its still all random, my old PE made a 4 slot rare when we was a PE (then had to loose 51 int and 15 dex, stupid LoM's :p)

Tia
06-10-03, 19:46
I understand that that's what construction is based on Lexxuk, the question I'm asking is whether or not there's a rollover point.

DrNarf
06-10-03, 19:55
Even if there is a rollover point atm, IMO, there really shouldn't be, when you have 305 construct skill you should be making better weapons, (ie. on average more slots, better stats etc.) than someone who has say, 200 construct skill.

An official KK statement is definately needed tho.

ericdraven
06-10-03, 19:58
Originally posted by DrNarf
Even if there is a rollover point atm, IMO, there really shouldn't be, when you have 305 construct skill you should be making better weapons, (ie. on average more slots, better stats etc.) than someone who has say, 200 construct skill.

Yes, you SHOULD. But you most probably DON'T. o_O

Justus
06-10-03, 20:59
To steer everyone away from slots, which we all pretty much agree are fairly random, why'd she build rares at "outstanding" quality instead of "perfect"?

I mean, when her construction skill is about 3x the tech level of most rares, I don't understand how she's getting significantly less than the quality cap, unless that's pretty random too...

RuriHoshino
06-10-03, 22:11
I don't know why but I've often seen the higher CSTers get better slots without a psi boost on...:confused:

VVerevvolf
06-10-03, 22:18
5th post:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75185&perpage=15&highlight=slots&pagenumber=2

And I have to agree, I should get better stats/slots with my skill of 265 than some1 with 200.

mdares
07-10-03, 00:09
I just spent a few days popping 157+ loms to get a pistol constr....

built 5 rares under various conditions:

my stats: TL 203 CST, 111 INT, 112 DEX

Condition 1: Factory, No Drugs: Stats: TL 253, 111 INT, 112 DEX
Rares Made: 2
Items: RoLH 3 slot; Holy Thunderstorm 2 slot

Condition 2: No Factory, Drugs: Stats: TL: 203, 116 INT, 116 DEX
Rares Made: 1
Items: Holy Firestorm 2 slot

Condition 3: Factory, Drugs: Stats: TL: 253, 116 INT, 116 DEX
Item: CS 0 Slot :(

Condition 4: No Factory, No Drugs: Stats: TL 203, 111 INT, 112 DEX
Item: PE 1 slot

----------------------

I know taht this is completely not enough to be statistically valid, but i'm making some preliminary assumptions:

1. You can either have high CST OR high Int/dex lvls but preferably not both:
a.) Seemingly having INT/DEX at between 110 and 115 while having CST higher than 200 gives better results.
b.) Again have high DEX/INT above 115 but maintain a CST TL above 160 but less than 200 seems to give better results.

Just some things i've observed... and yes i too have never gotten any slotted rares from Roe... (she is /72 with 200+ TL cst... maybe another support for my theory?)

Drake6k
07-10-03, 00:21
The best rares I have ever had built (5 slots) was from a 140/150 constructor on all INT and DEX drugs. No psi boost or factory. I had a 220/150 build many rares and never got over 2 slots... I dont think factory helps... neither does over 140 skill from what I have seen.

mdares
07-10-03, 00:22
slots are confusing...

i say give everything constred atleast 1 slot and anything extra be random... then we can call it a day :D

ericdraven
07-10-03, 00:38
Originally posted by mdares
slots are confusing...

i say give everything constred atleast 1 slot and anything extra be random... then we can call it a day :D
Not really necessary. But at least there should be a difference between a skill of 150 and 300!
A NOTICEABLE difference...

mdares
07-10-03, 00:52
true enough... make it so that at say 150 u can construct rares without fail... then at 200 u get atleast 1 guaranteed slot... at 250 u get at least 2... etc... or just increase the probability multiplier or shift it so that it goes more likely to have a higher construction ability...

FarSight
07-10-03, 09:25
Best const. i ever seen was org. DX-Warlock on Pluto ... when i played retail on regular account he made me many rare guns .... there were some 4 sloted many 3 and 2 sloted etc .... his average was 2 slots on gun ... i dont know what stats he had .... but anyway i now im playing on trial account to check whats diff .. i have a pure const (first time i play const) and pure resser on Saturn .... i lvl them by doing batch jobs .... i made many TL30 Assault Rifles and i noticed smt strange ... first sloted one i made with quality GOOD and all stats 56% it was 3 sloted :eek: ... i made many 10 pcs batchs (i know that 10 pcs isnt good for testing but as nub dont have money) ... and i had some batchs with 2x3 slots 5x2 slots 3x1 slots (all 10 sloted o_O) at condition better stats 77% or 78% ... but i had batchs 1x1slot 9x0slots all stats 82% .... ehh what i want to say ... ok i start think that slot chance is like sinusoide (you know draw of sinus fuction hehe) and its not pure random .... i think that for each TL there are overal const power when you can get better slots ... eg (this is egzample not proper values for TL30) ...
const 100 + dex 30 + int 30 = 100*0,6 + 30*0,25+30*0,1 = 70,5 const power and with this value you get many slots .. then when your cst , int , dex goes higher your slot chance goes down to zero ... and next its starts rising back and at some point starts going down .... i dont know matchs behind this and i cant test it bcause i still get gain in INT and DEX pretty fast but soem high lvl conster with poker and some drugs/boosters can test it .... make mayby 50 itmes at some cnst/dex/int values next rise cnst by 1 (imp/drug/booster) make next 50 , rise by 1 and make 50 and and and .....

conclusion
i think that there is overal const/int/dex value when you can cap quality of all items (at theirs cap of coz), but there is not a value when you can get best slotage on all items ... but i think that there is value when you can get best slots on item but for each TL this value can (and prolly is because of some match) be diffrent and for each TL there are more points (lower TL more points) with best value (sinus)

many cnst told me " ehhh Tangent Gatlin Riffle is hard to get any slots" i dont think that CoDi put somewher in game code "if item is TGR then 0 slots" :D simply best value point for slots is not in range of most consters (you kno if you go to factory you get + 50 and mayby you jumped thi point :D), mayby is lower mayby higher .....

all this is about notrare stuff as a nub const i didnt make any rare

for sure i know my english is shabby (24% in all stats) and i hope anyone understan what i wrote o_O

ericdraven
07-10-03, 11:01
If the slot chance would really follow a sinus curve... that would be complete bullshit... i mean.. with 150 CST you have a high slot chance.. with 200 a very low one and with 250 a high one again.. that would be f**ed up.. i hope it is NOT like this.. o_O

cpl101
07-10-03, 12:36
Well, like Lexx said it was tested by Alexandros many moons ago, from what I understand Slots are random, and simply dependant on quality. A capped constructor can make a outstading TAR but only a Cool EPR. This means that they are less likely to get slots regardless. AFAIK the stats to be a capped constructor are

Construct 110
Intelligence 100
Dexterity 100

Anything more is simply required for Higher TL weapons and less chance of failure. But the weapons will be built to their maximum possible quality, meaning the maximum possible slottage.

The simplest way to test is to get people to build drones. I can get the same quality for a TL 102 PB20 as tony soprano (around tl140 unbuffed i think) and my construct is only 110 unbuffed. This means i'm capped (as far as i am concerned anyway.

I think the old formula went something like

Cst x 0.65 Dex x 0.2 Int x 0.15= TL Capped

But that is just a guess from a VERY old thread so it could have changed

USE BLUNDER ON PLUTO FOR ALL YOUR CONSTRUCTION NEEDS!!!!

CRAIG DIGGERS
07-10-03, 12:59
I wrote to KK before 2 mins after 2 horrible builds yesterday.

Doombeamer and a malediction.

Skill : 280
Int : 121
Dex: 191

Doombeamer gets 106% on all stats.
Malediction gets ont stat 110% the others 107% or not higher with one slot.

I wrote to KK it can't be possible in a "MMORPG" that CST with skill 280 build that SHIT. I can life with resist flips / synchs etc etc, but not with that.

Answer from KK:

NOT ONLY THE SLOTS ARE RANDOM, THE STATS ARE RANDOM ASWELL.
IF YOU BUILD 10 TIMES THE SAME RARE, YOU GET ALWAYS OTHER STATS AND OTHER SLOTS. NEITHER :WE WROTE ANYWHERE DOWN THAT THE CST SKILL NEAR MAXIMUM GIVE A UPGRADE FROM SLOTS AND / OR QUALITY.

THE SAME IS WITH WEAPON SKILLS, THE HIGHER SKILL THE LESS GAINS THE WEAPON POWER.

CHANGE IN BUILDINGS ARE NOT PLANNED

STEHPAN BAST
Neocron Support team

OK KK now : 2 total diffrent things WEAPON POWER GAINS LESS WITH MORE SKILL. CST QUALITY IS RANDOM.

lol ? why to cap a constructor then if i get 106% on a weapon that's 160 Techlevel below my skill ? for E-bay ?

And believe me i build some rares on plaza now, and around 10 on factory, factory gives a shit.

The high skill works great on non rares , but is a joke on rares.

/edit WHY does a VEIN RIPPER / PAW OF TIGER gets 117% stats with that skill ? random ?

Just listen KK support team if you collect as a tank cs parts over a month and the "uber" constructor makes you only shit with a 270+ skills what should he think of ?

cpl101
07-10-03, 13:15
Once you are capped on a TL you get random results on all rares, from outstanding to perfect. I think it also goes down with higher TL, hence a vein ripper getting 117%. The point is, like slots quality for rares is random.

Crest
07-10-03, 13:30
If you cap weapons then no need to do more. Drugs, Yeah give me drugs so I can sit there for10 mins on a high and then the massive crash.

Done various tests on this and building standard weapons did not make a difference on drugs or not.

EG
Other night I was building Holy Group Defelctors, and could not get more than 2 slotts, First 30 , nothing, second 30 nothing, 3rd 30 Half way through I get a 3 slotter , think ok we keep and finish this batch off, next one is a 4 slotter, hmmm, 12 more, then we sell for cahs, hey babe says the 5 slotter smiling on next build....

Happened with holy healing aswell, got 3, then 5 then 4 then 4., on second batch of 30. But also got tons of 3's over all...

So it is random, and when the goddess of slots smiles on you(r) construction, you get the 5 slot CS ... or whatever you looking for

ericdraven
07-10-03, 13:31
Originally posted by CRAIG DIGGERS
Answer from KK:

NOT ONLY THE SLOTS ARE RANDOM, THE STATS ARE RANDOM ASWELL.

He actually wrote with capital letters?? :p

However, that's what i feared but also what i expected. Slots are TOTALLY RANDOM. So all this shit with drugging up and manually drag the items into the processor window are myths.. as expected.

Jesterthegreat
07-10-03, 13:37
Originally posted by CRAIG DIGGERS
STEHPAN BAST
Neocron Support team

... its him again lol... [edit] and hes forgot how to spell his name lol

Futureman
07-10-03, 13:46
Yeah that's why i say they should take away 10 INT from Spies and put it into something more useful. If there is no difference between 280 and 210, what is the point of all that INT anyway? The only INT intensive thing is Research, and that goes nowhere into the levels that dex reqs go.

]v[ortice
07-10-03, 14:58
Intersting thread this.

Slots mean F' all when the stats are good. U need 1 slot max on most weapons for an ammo mod in order to make it a quality weapon.

The main point of the weapon is the Modificators which are displayed as Damage and Aiming on the item info pane.

It is possible to cap these stats on all weapons without having capped weapon stats. That is a fact. So don't worry about random slottage they will only benefit you before you have enough skill to cap your damage and aiming naturally.

ATM my constructor Builds to 190. (INT 80 ODD, DEX 76)

Last time I built some rares I did 6 builds.

All were good stats and slottage bar 1 which had disappointing stats and no slots :(

I had Const Buff 3, Allied Faction bonus from an OP and My personal DEX drug of choice.

Most stats were between 117 and 120. average slottage was 2.

Slots Random... yes. Stats Random? I don't know.

Only way you can test randomness is to build the same rare weapon over 5 times and compare the results.

Remember that if your weapon isn't capped on all stats it doesn;t mean the modificators can't be capped. That is the most important thing in a build.

Girian
07-10-03, 16:10
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
Last time I built some rares I did 6 builds.

Could you indicate what weapons you made? (TL or names). Craig and myself have serious doubts about KK's comment on randomness of stats. Actually I don't care about slots being random, that's just fine, but weapon quality simply cannot be 106 on all stats for TL 115 weapon built with 280 skill // capped spy.

Today I will build 35 rares to test. If construction is bugged, what I suspect, it will show in this batch. I've done 100s of builds with lower cst-skill & lower dex, all with reasonable (108+) to very good stats overall. Results will be posted later

VVerevvolf
07-10-03, 17:05
I can agree that slots are random, however my average are 2 slots. Of course I more and less often, but quite often the rares are 2 slotted.
Some of my best constructed things (http://mitglied.lycos.de/vverevvolf/Neocron/Pics/Conster/)

All done in fac and with Int 106(105) Dex 106(105) and about (I wont tell you my exact level) 240 cst.

]v[ortice
07-10-03, 17:17
There were 6 different builds for a mate.

No 2 of a kind which is what I want to try.

One that sticks out was a Rare knife that i made 120/120/120/117 with 2 slots but it was low t/l.

We need to get 5 sets of parts for the same rare and build it in the same environment under the same conditions. I personally think that after all of your build enhancements (buffs/OP bonus/Drugs) you have a hidden numerical constructor value.

This value is then translated when the item is built.

Difficult to explain but i'll try. T/L of the weapon against your constructor value gives you a stats total. So Damage+Range+Handling+Frequency percentages = your total construct ability at that T/L depending on the influences you have created. So if you get 115 in all stats that makes your value 460. What I would like to test is that that value remains the same over the same builds in the same environment. So the stats could be random to an extent but the total value remains the same if you've followed all that.

I think that slots actually detract from your skill total to balance for weapon mods.

I think there are other factors which affect your builds. Not just your normal INT, DEX, Const skill, OP Bonus, Buffs, Drugs. stuff like where you are in the world, time of day etc. Seems to me like its not just a calculation more of a secret.

As I said I have my own constructing superstitions and they've served me well. I've read about some other peoples too. some are quite quirky :)

This is just my theory. Feel free to disprove it cos that's what its here for.

Tia
07-10-03, 17:36
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one getting crappy quality at around TL 280! When you do your tests please post the results, it would be nice to, at the very least, be able to put up a warning to constructors if there is a range that gives you crappy results. If anyone wants to donate rares for building on Pluto to test this out, I'll throw them together at around 270-290 construction and see if their quality comes out worse.

CRAIG DIGGERS
07-10-03, 18:46
Originally posted by ericdraven
He actually wrote with capital letters?? :p

However, that's what i feared but also what i expected. Slots are TOTALLY RANDOM. So all this shit with drugging up and manually drag the items into the processor window are myths.. as expected.

No but me write in capital.
Slots are random we all know that ( maybe tanks not^.^)
But :
[capital on ] WHATS THE MEANING OF A HIGH SKILL IN AN ROLEPLAYGAME IF YOU ONLY BUILD SHIT ? [capital off]

They can make random stats yes but plz not below 110 or 113% with 160 skills more then the Techlevel.
Well whatever i go assist now Girian, we make some tests with 33 rares.... same condidtion over all test time.

/edit The only thing KK made the rare pool much larger with gloves / imps / more weapons and spells. And they lower the drop rate. In old times it doesnt that matter of quality / slots, rares are easy to get ( shaman 7 parts in one kill without stacking posion)

How would you feel, dear KK employes? (word;) )if you are a runner WITHOUT a clan collect he rare parts, then first he trust a researcher, and after he has a weapon / spell complet he's looking for a very high constructor and trust him again, and he build only shit ? o_O

]v[ortice
07-10-03, 19:21
I agree totally Craig.

ATM I wouldn't recommend anyone had more than 150 CST. That skill will cap all non-rare items and I have proved this on many occasions.

Maybe someone should set up a test of some sort.

I don't think the 33 rares being all different will be a fair test, but still it will be cool to hear the results.

Good luck Gentleman.

Doc Holliday
07-10-03, 19:55
well craig last night we set about makin the mal and the doombeamer and u know as well as i do the status of them when complete. in fairness bloody aweful mate. mal one slot and shite stats the doomie no slots and shite stats and he has about 285 construction at a factory with the glove and cons 3 and all the trimmings. i mean what the fuck is with that.

mdares
07-10-03, 20:37
People say that there isnt a "flip" pass 255... i want to agree... but experience simply doesnt; after 255 your quality on rare builds are shite... for the sake of argument let slots be 100% positively random... but that still sux... in that if u get shitty stats, then wuts the point if u only get 1 slot? if the stats were decent, 1 slot would be enough; but with crap stats all below 110%...

Last night i lommed out the last of my weaplore to cst to see wut happens... ended up with 209 CST... i go buildify... i get shit... for fux sake i couldnt even slot a mendicant????? my first tl 140 cst built 5 mendicants and got a 5 slot a 4 slot and a 3 slot... now with my near capped TL 209 cst... i get shit... and dont get me started with rares... 0 slot rare heaven... o_O

Girian
07-10-03, 21:33
Ok people, here's some results of 34 weapons. Not all different, soon I will redo a batch with other circumstances but same kind of weapons.

http://www.maxgamer.nl/buildlog.htm

Feel free to ask for calculations on the number :)

mdares
07-10-03, 21:40
hum...

that is very informative actually much appreciate :D

From initial examination i can see that obviously as TL increased there is a decrease in quality. Fine that is acceptable...

But note for the BoH builds. the 2 and 3 slotter had more or less consistent quality stats but the 1 slotter had stats that were lower than the other 2; was there anything varied in yoru environment? or your condition?

Another question: IF u can, next time try constructing in the same setup again BUT with a CST3 boost (to give 263 construction) to see if going over 255 makes a difference in QUALITY. (because for me and a few others going over 255 tends to have poorer quality than not)

Girian
07-10-03, 22:11
Nope, no difference in environment. All 34 were made under exact same circumstances / environment. Like I said I will make this same batch (hope I can get enough new sets like this lol) with over 255.

I'll also try smaller batches of rares just to experiment with drugs, different buffs when I get the chance.

Overall I can say I've never been very disappointed with the outcome of my builds. Yes I agree highskilled constructors should get better quality, but I think that's already the case atm...

Shakari
07-10-03, 22:20
i have made 10 rares with the following stats

125 cst

int 104

dex 103

2xrares 4 slot a holy lightning and a redeemer
4x3 slot rog x 2 and a PE
2x2 slot DG x 2
1x1 slot (artifact libby hehe ) 120 dmg 120 freq 118 range 116 handling

1x 0 slot (my moonstriker ggrrr)

i have made more but I have had only 1 rare has had 0 slots and that the MS :/

from the thread seems like i'm a freak :/ i have found rares insanly easy to slot 8| :p high tl shop stuffs another matter :/

note: didn't vote cos i make my own rares :D but generally look for high int and dex and skill around 160 cst

Girian
08-10-03, 00:47
Ok, I made another 5 rares (spells) and added them to the webpage; http://www.maxgamer.nl/buildlog.htm

Btw, I didn't vote either, but does anyone have the feeling there is other chances of slots on spells?

mdares
08-10-03, 01:45
the slot column isnt displaying...

average slots: 0

U R TEH SUX!!!!

:D j/k

Girian
08-10-03, 11:18
Yes I left it out... My concern is related to quality, not slots. Everyone knows slots are pure random and I've never been able to contradict KK in this with massive testing (500+ items).

The idea was that cst may be bugged, but I don't see that in my testresults. As far as the 'randomness' in quality. I see it as every TL has it's avg quality and final results will be little above or below that value.

ericdraven
08-10-03, 11:31
I still have some cabinets full of unmodded rares, i will publish their stats when i am at home again.

]v[ortice
08-10-03, 11:41
Could you guys post the slottage on that webby?

Its seriously F'ed up that CST skill means nothing really at that level :(

Serious question now tho...

Will this herald the return of the Conster/Ressers?

Sounds to me that with IMP's its very viable all of a sudden for a Capped SPY.

ericdraven
08-10-03, 11:53
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
Serious question now tho...

Will this herald the return of the Conster/Ressers?

Sounds to me that with IMP's its very viable all of a sudden for a Capped SPY.
I am thinking about this as well.

IIRC as spy you get 553 skillpoints under INT.

For RES you can get +50 from imps&glove.
For CST you can get +60 from imps&glove.

So you can get both RES and CST to 175. (without buffs & fac!).
More than enough for CST, RES is a little bit low.

But if you go for only CST 105 (enough for a capped spy) you can achieve RES 216. And that's enough for sure.

Pfff... high level tradeskillers really get no benefit at all.. they are for vain.. (at least researcher and constructor) o_O

FarSight
08-10-03, 13:41
One more strange thing about geting exp from constructing ....

lets have a look in skill guide:

Research: 0.3(30%) INT + 0.7(70%) RES
and only exp in INT

Hacking: 0.9(90%) HCK + 0.1(10%) RCL
if you have only HCK you get only exp in INT
if you have HCK and RCL you get exp in DEX too ... very very small, hard to notice (you need much RCL) in fact but you get

using rifles:
Rifle Damage: 0.7(70%) RC + 0.2(20%) WPL
Rifle Aiming: 0.4(40%) RC + 0.6(60%) WPL
Rifle Frequency: 0.5(50%) RC + 0.4(40%) DEX
Rifle Handling: 0.4(40%) RC + 0.3(30%) DEX + 0.2(20%) STR
Rifle Range: 0.3(30%) RC + 0.5(50%) WPL
and you get exp in DEX, INT, STR ...

in fact if main skill (DEX, STR etc) is used in formula you get exp in this main skill, if subskill is used in formula (HCK, RCL etc) you get exp in main skill to wich given subskill belongs....

Construction: 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST

question is why the hell construction gives exp in STR ... ????

My nub cnster have all skill points under STR put in transport ...

is constructing really bugged or there is missing STR or TRA (transport) in constructing formula ??

Weazle
08-10-03, 14:04
Originally posted by cpl101
USE BLUNDER ON PLUTO FOR ALL YOUR CONSTRUCTION NEEDS!!!!

IF BLUNDER ISN'T AROUND THEN USE HIS CLAN MATE WEAZLE!!!!!

:lol: :lol: I had to get that in :D

Girian
08-10-03, 14:35
Originally posted by Weazle
IF BLUNDER ISN'T AROUND THEN USE HIS CLAN MATE WEAZLE!!!!!

:lol: :lol: I had to get that in :D

This belongs in NeMa, not in this thread :mad:

Originally posted by FarSight
One more strange thing about geting exp from constructing ....
Construction: 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST

question is why the hell construction gives exp in STR ... ????

We just write our own formulas ;)

Construction: 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST + 0.05 (5%) STR

o_O

]v[ortice
08-10-03, 15:37
Ok Eric, Girian and Craig...

Who's gonna start a campaign for specialisation then?

Lets tell KK that if we're forced to specialise in nearly everything else, then we require the construction subskill to offer benefits from high levels and basically specialisation?

I will support anyone who wants to campign for this.

Why give us all these lovely bonusses?

Changed CST gain from CST ships

New Gloves etc?

This game really excels in some areas and really lets itself down in others :(

ericdraven
08-10-03, 15:55
I wanted to open a new thread but it would have been a rant thread.. i think that's not good. :p

Don't have much time atm tho, i am at work...

FarSight
08-10-03, 16:33
Originally posted by Girian
We just write our own formulas ;)
Construction: 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST + 0.05 (5%) STR
o_O

Heh mayby ... but another strange thing is that exp in INT and DEX are near equal .... but i think that person who coded this formulas in game left KK and no other knows what the feck is going on with this :D

ericdraven
08-10-03, 16:36
Originally posted by FarSight
Heh mayby ... but another strange thing is that exp in INT and DEX are near equal .... but i think that person who coded this formulas in game left KK and no other knows what the feck is going on with this :D
DEX and INT gain *IS* identical for constructing (also for repair, implant).
The formula has nothing to do with the gain, it just shows how much which skill/subskill influences the result.

FarSight
08-10-03, 18:33
Originally posted by ericdraven
DEX and INT gain *IS* identical for constructing (also for repair, implant).
The formula has nothing to do with the gain, it just shows how much which skill/subskill influences the result.

ok i get it but imo its stupid that there is diff between how much skill/subskill influences result and exp gain ... logic tell me that if formula is 0.60 + 0.01 + 0.25 = 0.61 INT + 0.25 DEX exp should be in same proportions ....