PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cap on Trade skills ?

Dont Mess
06-10-03, 16:54
OK as some of u may know i have a barter on Saturn called ruff ryder who is 164 base now some pple say that barter caps at around 150 ive tested this using the example of selling troop carriers at 164 barter i sell troops at around 125 when i get a support 3 the price goes up by 1k. what i wanna know is are there any barters higher then me out there that know of a cap and plz say what the name of yr barter is and what server you are playing on. The same applies on other trade skills for example Construction where pple have mad amounts like tl 256 at a factory does it really nmake a difference has it been tested plz let me know.

enablerbr
06-10-03, 16:58
well i know construction has a cap/flip point but can't remember what it is. as for research i don't think there is a flip point. i'm now 180 res (155 + 25 imps).

AxeMan
06-10-03, 17:05
The construction one is in the 130's somewhere. but i've gone higher so that i dont get so many failures. I'm 182 thanks to the changes in the imps and i had my first failure in ages on a tangent blacksun :)

As for research i'm 132 and havent seen a cap yet nor with my 112 barter

Spoek Hagbard
06-10-03, 17:08
Construction got no flip point.
&
Lupus words 5:th post on the page (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75185&perpage=15&highlight=slots&pagenumber=2)

ericdraven
06-10-03, 17:12
BRT - no cap AFAIK
CST - between 105 (INT/DEX100) and 150ish (newb char)
RES - no cap, but 220 is enough to ress everything without failure

athon
06-10-03, 17:17
Originally posted by ericdraven
BRT - no cap AFAIK
CST - between 105 (INT/DEX100) and 150ish (newb char)
RES - no cap, but 220 is enough to ress everything without failure

Isn't RES something like 240 - I heard that the rare drones go up to TL 120 - I could be wrong tho.

Athon Solo

ericdraven
06-10-03, 17:32
Originally posted by athon
Isn't RES something like 240 - I heard that the rare drones go up to TL 120 - I could be wrong tho.

Athon Solo
True, forgot about the PUNISHER. Then let it be 244. :)

QuantumDelta
06-10-03, 17:35
I'm getting a lot of different reports and oppinions on this from very experienced constructors, some say the cap has moved, and even projected new cap values, the problem was they said if you go over the cap your quality drops..

enablerbr
06-10-03, 17:36
244 res skill. lol i aint doing that on my main char unless KK makes tradeskill xp worth the effort to be a pure tradeskill with no combat skills.

ericdraven
06-10-03, 17:39
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I'm getting a lot of different reports and oppinions on this from very experienced constructors, some say the cap has moved, and even projected new cap values, the problem was they said if you go over the cap your quality drops..
I doubt the "quality drop" theory.

However, i will try it tonight with fac, boost and cst-glove and a skill of 275.

Agnt
06-10-03, 17:46
Cap with every skill is 255.

When we speak about construction, i have to say that i made lot better rares with skill like 170-190 then i make now with capped char and 225 skill

Also going to factory seems to give you smaller chance to get 0slots for rare, but also gives you smaller chance to get more then 2slots into it. Ive made like 500 rares in saturn, so i think i already know something :p

So as an hint for everyone who wants good slots, make sure that weapon wont be maded in factory, there is a risk and reward when you make it in plaza. Nothing still cant be guarateed though, aslong the randomness is in game

QuantumDelta
06-10-03, 17:47
Originally posted by ericdraven
I doubt the "quality drop" theory.

However, i will try it tonight with fac, boost and cst-glove and a skill of 275.
I'll give you a few numbers later...

ericdraven
06-10-03, 18:27
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I'll give you a few numbers later...
The thing is.. you can give me "a FEW numbers".. which probably won't be enough to get a decent statistic.

@Agnt - i heard so many theories about constructing, it's crazy.. i still don't know what to believe.. i didn't find any pattern yet for slots.. expect that they ARE RANDOM, no matter which skill you have (capped, of course).

Like i built my 5 slotted FL in a factory.. but i also built a 4 slotted HL outside a fac.. and and.. many unslotted weapons IN a factory.. all i can say so far - PURE RANDOM.

/EDIT - But still the best (BY FAR) theory - you have to have EXACTLY 135 REP (!!) skill to get the most slots.. :D

Dont Mess
06-10-03, 18:39
so now clearly say who thinks there is a cap and how sure are u also refering bak 2 barter some1 mentioned none some pple say there is but have any of u tested and found results i also herd that there is no cap on repair is this true also i have a constructor and stats on rares are they really dependent on int and dex or skill or is it more 2 do with int and dex and skill BUT can be random dometimes outa the blue u made a nice arti weapon the next1 had outstandint stats thats what u wanna know id wish for an oficial resp[ojnce in 2 more about how these things work but i doubt id get 1. last time i asked a GM they said there was a cap 2 barter i think they were telling porkies. what do u think

Kenjuten
06-10-03, 19:00
Keep in mind that prices are not just based on one's Barter, but minorly on one's int as well.

I'm not aware if there is a cap, but it's not just about bartering. :cool: Sorry that I can't say what the real cap is.