PDA

View Full Version : Patch 190

Thanatos
06-10-03, 16:16
- New DLLs for the PE skin bug.
- Bug causing the faction loss fixed, but affected characters have to be fixed manually.

- Fixed Spy PA bonuses.
- Adjusted "Strange Book" drop. All mobs dropping rareparts now have a chance of dropping the book, the chance of getting it from a Cavebossmob is highest though.

- The faction counsellors change (belonging to their own faction) has been undone.
- The faster SL gain for SL below -32 has been undone.
- Fixed some armors giving higher resists than they should.

- Fixed some small object placement errors.
- Black Lilly no longer stands in a rotten box.
- Removed bugged trader in Plaza sector 4.
- Fixed the entrance to swampcave 4.

Thanatos
06-10-03, 16:16
Servers will be down for about another 30 minutes.

FirestarXL
06-10-03, 16:18
W00t, progress, good to hear!

Interesting note about the strange books also, but a good idea I think.

Oh, and of course the Spy PA fix. Goes without saying! :D :D :D

\\Fényx//
06-10-03, 16:19
Nicely sneaked in there thanny...

Anyway, does that mean spy and PE PA are on their ways ?

Sokaris
let's hope i can see all those i am going to be fighting..

NeoLojik
*applauds*

Great to see another patch, its good to know KK are dedicated to getting these recent bugs fixed.

*crosses fingers*
Hopefully this is 1 step closer to Spy/PE PA too! :)

- Adjusted "Strange Book" drop. All mobs dropping rareparts now have a chance of dropping the book, the chance of getting it from a Cavebossmob is highest though.
w00t! No more camping bossmobs for me :D

Siygess
06-10-03, 16:20
Good work guys - the last week must have been a little crazy over there :D

Oath
Thanks thany your some guy.

So.

Does that mean the PE bug is now fixed?

Or are we still kinda waiting to see lol.

Jokes of course.

Glorfindel
T-30 ^^

Ryuben
06-10-03, 16:22
can u say sticky ??

:P

and \o/ no more running around trying to shoot a spy / PE with no fecking hit box or who is bloody green !!

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Whiety Bulger
Please add unmuted faction chan

Vampire222
Thanatos, u are the SEX!!!!

Jesterthegreat
spy PA bonuses fixed... but can we get it yet? O_o

btw YAY! patch lol

enablerbr
06-10-03, 16:24
so thats SPY PA in but no quest for it yet i take it.

Peeping Tom
06-10-03, 16:27
- The faster SL gain for SL below -32 has been undone <-- umm why ?
K4F

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 16:27
has been in for a few patches now...

BlackDove
06-10-03, 16:30
Hmm this is nice :)

Oath
06-10-03, 16:33
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
- The faster SL gain for SL below -32 has been undone <-- umm why ?
K4F

Cos id either didnt work, or was causing some of the issues.

AFAIK it dosnt work.

ericdraven
06-10-03, 16:34
"Adjusted "Strange Book" drop. All mobs dropping rareparts now have a chance of dropping the book, the chance of getting it from a Cavebossmob is highest though"

Thanks!!! A good step to avoid more upcoming whining threads..

jernau
06-10-03, 16:35
Nice one guys.

Someone buy Codi a pint of whatever he drinks and let him get some sleep.

Pi-Oh-Pah
06-10-03, 16:36
Mmmm strange book dropped by mobs that also drop techs :)

Get that server up...I logged off at Gaya Mine :angel:

Dribble Joy
06-10-03, 16:38
w00tage 2d m4x

BlackDove
06-10-03, 16:39
The dll's for PE skin bug - that's related to the unability to target people right? This partly/wholly fixes the problem?

Hakusho
06-10-03, 16:40
server is up!

Futureman
06-10-03, 16:43
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG HAX!!!!

*creams self*

ok sorry.....

Very nice. I had hoped there would be a patch with downtime, but i wasn't expecting it. To win me over forever, having spy PA now will do it.

Leebzie
06-10-03, 16:49
oooh yes :D

any idea where/when I can start the PEPA run ?

Dribble Joy
06-10-03, 16:49
uuhhhh... pe thing, and white names in local box still occuring....

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/shot0143.jpg

japata
06-10-03, 16:54
Yup. Didn't work. Sorry to say this, but back to the drawing board guys. :(

Edit: Forgot to add that faction sympathy has been broken. I have FS 10 for all other facs except my own... towards which I have 0 FS.

Cypher_Psy
06-10-03, 17:01
Please have plan "B" up your sleave, so we can enjoy a hotfix....
:angel:

2 or more heads are better than one, neocron needs more devs....

Progenitor
06-10-03, 17:11
Is the GR at El Farid fixed now?

-p

Ascension
06-10-03, 17:12
Originally posted by Ryuben
can u say sticky ??

:P

and \o/ no more running around trying to shoot a spy / PE with no fecking hit box or who is bloody green !!

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Nope Burning monks now:confused:

naimex
06-10-03, 17:21
argh !!! you guys always put in stuff when im not home.. have to wait almost an entire week to play with it :(

its annoying only being home in weekends.. otherwise you would see me online sunday 08:00 to saturday 18:00....

Eddie
06-10-03, 17:21
Some changes, such as fac counsellors, and SL changes, were undone simply because they *might* have been the cause of the current PE problem.

If they just undid what they did last-last patch, then they might be able to find what went horribly, horribly wrong.

Eddie

Agent FunHead
06-10-03, 17:48
Originally posted by Thanatos

- Black Lilly no longer stands in a rotten box.

But does she still have a rotten box?

Sorry bad j/k :lol:

sooooo, sooooo very very very

STONED! :p

Seezur001
06-10-03, 17:51
this situation makes me think why they didnt properly test patch 188/189 on the test server. Seems like if you have a test server you could catch the bugs before you put them in the game.

Im not trying to flame, im just confused as to why the bugs cant be fixed before you put the patch in game?????

Sounds like whoever decides if the patch is ready for retail isnt doing their job.
:confused: :mad: :confused:

Candaman
06-10-03, 18:03
Let me get this rite u guys moan and moan about fix the pe bug fix the pe bug and then when they try and it don't work because u rushed them.

How much would u have moaned if they had spent a week with it on the test server. More than the forums would handle.

The Devs are trying just give them a chance and get off their backs.

Agent FunHead
06-10-03, 18:10
Canadaman's Right,

You all gotta turn those :mad: frowns :mad: upside down! ;) ;)

& Nothing does it better than a fat CryptoChronic Blunt! :D :p

Snooch to the muthafunin nooch!

BonG! :eek:

Seezur001
06-10-03, 18:20
Originally posted by Candaman
Let me get this rite u guys moan and moan about fix the pe bug fix the pe bug and then when they try and it don't work because u rushed them.

How much would u have moaned if they had spent a week with it on the test server. More than the forums would handle.

hmmm.....i wouldnt have moned if they had tested it, because maybee then it would have worked.

My problem is they put in a patch they didnt test properly(188) then a hotfix, whic didn't fix anything(189) now we got patch 190 which is making complete rares drop out of WBs which also seems to be a patch they didnt quite test too good.

FFS someone at KK has to be a good programer, hell they came up with the game, which all around is a very good game, but they need to make sure the patches they put in are going to WORK!!!!
I thought thats what the test server was for but apparently its not.
:mad: :mad:

Oath
06-10-03, 18:30
Oh well, shit happens guys, keep up the good / hard work, i hope mjs is paying you guys tripple time lol.

\\Fényx//
06-10-03, 18:31
Originally posted by Agent FunHead
Canadaman's Right,

You all gotta turn those :mad: frowns :mad: upside down! ;) ;)

& Nothing does it better than a fat CryptoChronic Blunt! :D :p

Snooch to the muthafunin nooch!

BonG! :eek:

[Edited myself so i dont get bitchslapped for spamming and swearing alot 8| anyway jay n bob rock :p]

Oath
06-10-03, 18:33
Oh well, shit happens guys, keep up the good / hard work, i hope mjs is paying you guys tripple time lol.

Seezur, blame the community not the devs, if more people were on the test server we would have picked up the bug (wich was never noticed in TEST BECAUSE there werent enough people in any one place at any one time) earlier.

Even at the staged op fight there werent enough people to notice the bug.

Shit happens,
its how you deal with it that makes you a man.

Seezur001
06-10-03, 18:37
Originally posted by Oath
Shit happens,
its how you deal with it that makes you a man.

very true....but the way KK is dealing with it makes me think they might be a retarded man. :p

[EDIT] gonna install the test server tonight, see what its all about, been wanting to do it but just been too lazy.

Oath
06-10-03, 18:44
Originally posted by Seezur001
very true....but the way KK is dealing with it makes me think they might be a retarded man. :p

[EDIT] gonna install the test server tonight, see what its all about, been wanting to do it but just been too lazy.

Lmao, well you said it not me :rolleyes:.

MORE PEOPLE ON TEST SERVER PLEASE STOP LOGGING ON TO MAKE AN UBER SETUP THEY DONT FARKIN WORK HELP T3H COMMUNITY!1111111onen OKS KOS KOS H4X

Chimpanzy
06-10-03, 18:55
Only thing im really worried about is that the PE PA not coming out. Iv been waiting so impatiently. And noticed the PAs have quite nice bonuses. And just dont think its fair when spy and pe doesnt have one of their own.. well spy soon to be but pe not quite yet. With the new patches comming out im quite happy:D I thought well read alot and came to conclusion that they didnt care as much for neocorn any more.. after reading about what was in the beta and what not, how they changed it alot since then. But this reasures me :) (correct spelling?). Yesturday I hacked my first OP, and to my suporise I didnt crash once or synch glitch. Maybe a little lag is bad here and there but other then that it went pretty well :p

Keep up the Hard/good work KK:D

KimmyG
06-10-03, 18:56

Nearly to 2 weeks with this bug and we are rushing them? I think not, this bug is unacceptable and should have been fixed 2 days after discovery not 2 weeks.

@who ever said its the sommunitys falt for not being on test so what its are job to test there shit now? Well maybe the community would if you could PK on the test server after all thats what attracted UO test community hell test on UO had more people than most of the real servers why cause it had and endless PK war where u didn't need to worry about stat lose.

Anyway the players should whine and rush about the PE bug and its not are job to test this shit well maybe it is you got players making graphics for PPU spells and all maybe it is our job to work shit out and test it out only question is why the fuck are we paying for this game then.

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 19:06

orrrrrrrrrrr, they had two months for the patch to be prepaired, and a test server to test it on, yet this bug got in.

shutup fanboy

Oath
06-10-03, 19:12
Originally posted by KidWithStick
orrrrrrrrrrr, they had two months for the patch to be prepaired, and a test server to test it on, yet this bug got in.

shutup fanboy

Ive said it before.

there arent enough people on the test server in any one place at any one time, so no one noticed it. blame the 1337 H4xxor setup doods.

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 19:16
Originally posted by Oath
Ive said it before.

there arent enough people on the test server in any one place at any one time, so no one noticed it. blame the 1337 H4xxor setup doods.

i play on the test server alot... it has less buggs than retail. the only thing about test server is its just for testing, you arnt allowed to attack people...etc...

and besides that...theres plenty of people on the etset server in plaza 1 to tell if there was the PE bug. it only takes 1 out of every 5 people to have 1 unlabled PE

japata
06-10-03, 19:23
Originally posted by KidWithStick
i play on the test server alot... it has less buggs than retail. the only thing about test server is its just for testing, you arnt allowed to attack people...etc...

and besides that...theres plenty of people on the etset server in plaza 1 to tell if there was the PE bug. it only takes 1 out of every 5 people to have 1 unlabled PE

Oh but you didn't think it was related to the total population of the server. On pluto this morning, none of our cave team was transformed into a PE and half an hour later on Saturn, 3/4 of our cave team were PE's. :p

Candaman
06-10-03, 19:32
Originally posted by KimmyG

Nearly to 2 weeks with this bug and we are rushing them? I think not, this bug is unacceptable and should have been fixed 2 days after discovery not 2 weeks.

It may have been two weeks but not a day went by without someone going fix the damn pe bug stoopid kk this stoopid kk that. That is what i mean by rushing them. Its not like if u don't post they are not going to do it and leave it as it is.

@who ever said its the sommunitys falt for not being on test so what its are job to test there shit now? Well maybe the community would if you could PK on the test server after all thats what attracted UO test community hell test on UO had more people than most of the real servers why cause it had and endless PK war where u didn't need to worry about stat lose./QUOTE]

This game runs on help from everyone all GM's are voluntary and they do their bit and people helping on the test server is always appreciated and if there was pking on the test server then there would be no testing of items fromk people who actually do test.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KidWithStick

shutup fanboy

U think i'm a fanboy when everyday for the last week i have read a post from u saying and this is y i cancelled my account as if everyones gonna say don't quit nooo don't go we love u we need u playing that sympathy card.

If u have left then leave u have ur reasons for it not everyone really wants to know unless its something constructive. Everyone thinks that oh theres a bug and Codi or someone can fix it in a matter of seconds. If u knew how many lines of code their are to check through how many tests to be done to check if the bug is replicated u would realise it takes time.

Spy<VS>Spy
06-10-03, 19:38
oh no your absolutely wrong kid, its okay that KK keeps messing up, as long as they are 'trying' thats good enough. you should praise them, they are giving you their best but its just not working. why do you have to be so unhappy just because it isnt working?

probably because this man, unlike some of the community, is sane. but then thats only my guess.

people, your right, there is nothing we can do about this. but you know what? we are way to late in the game to let persistantly aggivating shit like this go on without voicing some complaint. you know, it might actually convince the big wigs that hey! here is an idea, the current people that ARE running things. arnt enough, or they are too stupid, i think i'll hire new ones!

it really is, that freaking simple. now i'm not saying anything negitive to the staff, or trying not to, but really i laugh my ass off when someone gives this crying crud about, its not their fualt! you people are just never satisfied.

Uh, i dont remember making the patch, so, it isnt my fualt the bug is still there. anyone else here do it? could it be KK's ISP fualt? doubt it. i'm a consumer, not that i have heard KK ask lately but yeah...continued stuff like this, is mildly irritating and makes others go elsewhere.

now for my possitive bit, thanks for the fixes, hope to see that armor out soon, and see if i can actually find rare books now. hopefully i wont be killed by a untargetable pe that wont show up on my peoples list while i am hunting. that doesnt make my day.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 19:42
Originally posted by Thanatos
Adjusted "Strange Book" drop. All mobs dropping rareparts now have a chance of dropping the book, the chance of getting it from a Cavebossmob is highest though.

Is the chance for cavebossmobs dropping it, the same as it is now? Or did you increase it?

Necrosadistic
06-10-03, 19:51
I don't think kk can AFFORD to have more coders...

This game does not have enough players to bring in that kind of money. It never even had much of a proper ad campaign for it or anything.

I was looking out for it to come out and i had to check on the net to know when it came out. Also, a lot of rp'ers prefer fantasy, killing goblins and dagons, and not this sort of sci-fi setting.

I'm amazed they get anything done with 3 coders on such a big game anyway.

And yes, it is OUR job to help them test it, an MMORPG needs hundreds of peoople on a test server to test it properly. Should kk find 100's of paid testers? lol

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 19:52
ffs... trst server offline too? im off to www.betawatchers.com to find some shit to download and play ^.^

:edit: i tested it in beta... i test it on test server...

i wouldnt mind gettin content later, but STABLE!

oh and BTW: the ad campain was CDV's bad... publisher... what a joke

:edit2: no im not... i cant remember the URL :p

im off to google to do a search lmao