PDA

View Full Version : Lame Tactics

Saza
06-10-03, 16:11
Hey guyz, my first ever post, yet I read the forums every day. What I'm about to say will probably get a lot of replies so here goes.

I don't think that there is such a thing as lame tactics. According to me there is two sides to an OP war. The side that says I want to win. And the side that wants to play fair. But... who wants to play fair if it means your gonna lose? OK, so the other side brought in 5 clans to help them.... isnt that just intelligence? Who ever thought of wandering into an OP war outnumbered and certain death o_O . All I knowz is I want to keep our OPs secure and the only way we're gonna do that is if once in a while we use so-called lame tactics. Ninja-hacking, sure its annoying as hell but if they've got one chance in hell of taking an OP, when the enemy has 2 guys on and youve got 20... they might as well take it. Stealth placing turrets.. jeez it works doesnt it? Might as well use a tactic that works. Post replies below plz :) . Lets get sum opinions people.

Candaman
06-10-03, 16:18
Quiet joo

MAJOR
06-10-03, 16:19
Your not in the synchronizers by any chance ?

:D

mehirc
06-10-03, 16:20
Saza, you wrote that stuff all ingame already and you got enough answers, why not keep it ingame?

btw :lol:

death&decay
06-10-03, 16:20
Do whatever it takes - As long as it ain't xploiting :)

Oath
06-10-03, 16:22
Originally posted by death&decay

Agreed.

Rade
06-10-03, 16:24

I second second that.

Saza
06-10-03, 16:24
Yeah but I wanted more... MORE DAMMIT. I want people to see my opinion and like it!!! Otherwise I blast u with RoLH and run far away. Good ole obliterator. Hes so cute yes he is. Gizz us a kiss. Mmmmmm..... kissy kissy. Pity u don't work when ure supposed to. Oh no dont look at me like that. Oh yeah, fine. Ure dumped. Go off with Mr. Consruction Glove, see if i care.

Anyway, I didnt get a lot of replies... plus of course its only on pluto. I want other servers to hear me roar.

Ahem. rawr.

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 16:25
hmm... personally i wouldnt grab everyone to fight for me...

but its always worth havin a couple of advantages no-one knows about ^.^

SovKhan
06-10-03, 16:26

i agree, if your going to be in a clan you should be prepared to do what it takes to win. i do think that stealth placeing turrets mid-battle is an exploit and so i think it should be fixed IE making some sort of time for a deplyed turret to become functional. but as far as getting more people to help you, no i dont think thats an exploit.

ninja hacking isnt a problem IMO, if u ninja a OP cus you are afraid of other clan, when the clan that got it hacked gets more people online then the ninja hackers will be crushed. however if the clan that ninja hacking can hold the OP then you didnt deserve to own that OP to begin with.

Oath
06-10-03, 16:27
Originally posted by Saza
Yeah but I wanted more... MORE DAMMIT. I want people to see my opinion and like it!!! Otherwise I blast u with RoLH and run far away. Good ole obliterator. Hes so cute yes he is. Gizz us a kiss. Mmmmmm..... kissy kissy. Pity u don't work when ure supposed to. Oh no dont look at me like that. Oh yeah, fine. Ure dumped. Go off with Mr. Consruction Glove, see if i care.

Anyway, I didnt get a lot of replies... plus of course its only on pluto. I want other servers to hear me roar.

Ahem. rawr.

Are you actually sane?

are any of us?

:lol:

Saza
06-10-03, 16:29
Are u saying my obliterator doesnt talk? Are you suggesting im wasting me life marrying an inamitate tool? ARE YOU?

Wait. I am... GODAMMIT. U've made me sane oath..... damn you......

Ryuben
06-10-03, 16:31
omg ok true its not fair but feck it !!

you want to win i have defended an OP with my self 10 turrets against 6 members of a clan when they boasted thet we had no members online (i was on a lat an quickly switched into a clan char :D)

so yeah if it works fine.

Oath
06-10-03, 16:31
Are u saying my obliterator doesnt talk? Are you suggesting im wasting me life marrying an inamitate tool? ARE YOU?

Wait. I am... GODAMMIT. U've made me sane oath..... damn you......

wOOt

i r 1337 psycholorgosisitsts thingy.............aw wait, the voices are talking, gimem a sec.

I MUST KILL JOO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

mehirc
06-10-03, 16:32
Saza if you believe it or not, most clans are that mature that both sides agree in fighting without the so called lame tactics, that way its more fun for all.

Its very childish to think that you must win at all costs. Do something in RL if you have a lack of ego :o

mir
06-10-03, 16:36
there are exploits which people take advantage of, things that have not been fixed yet. that's not so good.

I remember when drones weren't targetable, the side with the most droners won. that was pretty lame, but they fixed that.

Saza
06-10-03, 16:36
Buh? Maturity and fun? I dont get this strange concept. But still, it has to be said. Lame Tactics = No such thing.

enablerbr
06-10-03, 16:38
Saza do you play CS by chance.:p

mehirc
06-10-03, 16:39
Buh? Maturity and fun? I dont get this strange concept. But still, it has to be said. Lame Tactics = No such thing.

How old are you o_O

Oath
06-10-03, 16:40
Originally posted by mehirc
Saza if you believe it or not, most clans are that mature that both sides agree in fighting without the so called lame tactics, that way its more fun for all.

Its very childish to think that you must win at all costs. Do something in RL if you have a lack of ego :o

Sounds like someone is trying to be a little overbearing, isn't the whole point of a 'Game' or in this case 'war' to win at all costs?

Oh..............wtf do you think an ego is?

Apparently people play mmorpg's cause they have very little 'ego' or confidence or who feel socially inadequate.

Why is it childish wanting to win, isnt it our goal in life to win? the goal of a game is to win, why not use all tactics at your disposal, no matter how lame, we'd all applaud your moral standing on this, but, we want to win, we wouldnt win for long if we didtnt take advantage of these tactics (well :rolleyes: some of us still would:p )

Booyakasha.

Oh............how old are you?

What difference does it matter someones age? is it so you can say 'oh your so immature, grow up' or to translate 'neener neener nee ner'

How bout you grow up. making fun of people isnt smart clever or mature.

You remind me if my little brother (thats not a good thing though .:lol: )

Saza
06-10-03, 16:40
Saza do you play CS by chance.

Ehhhhhh.... no. NC takes all my time. And making lurve to my obliterator.

Saza
06-10-03, 16:44
Now thats more like it!!! POSTS SHALT RAIN FROM THE SKIES AND SHALL BE RIGHT IN THE WORLD

How old are you

14. And darn proud of it. Oath is right we are all insecure, and i am mature but still its fun to use tactics that wipe the opposition out. DIE SYSTEM SHOCK DIE

Oath
06-10-03, 16:46
Now thats more like it!!! POSTS SHALT RAIN FROM THE SKIES AND SHALL BE RIGHT IN THE WORLD

14. And darn proud of it. Oath is right we are all insecure, and i am mature but still its fun to use tactics that wipe the opposition out. DIE SYSTEM SHOCK DIE

ONZO!
SAZA CAME OUT!

:lol: :lol: :lol: nice one dood, and yeha kill em all at all costs.

IM not 14 though, wish i was, fix some mistakes i made lol.

mehirc
06-10-03, 16:54
Yes i think its totaly immature if you always think you have to win win win to be the best and know nothing else but competition at all costs. Oh well, and if you only can have fun in winning.

Sure you can use lame tactics, i wont complain about that, its your reputation not mine. But its a evidence of your incapacity that you cant get something going like others can without such so called lame tactics. :)

QuantumDelta
06-10-03, 17:31
*Stands handing out pills* :p

I try to keep the fights fair.. try, sometimes situations go out of my influence (can't control any situation, but you can effect it), for better or worse, but generally I would prefer 10vs10, or 20vs20, or such.

As for calling a billioin allies?
Only if the enemy deserves it.
On Uranus, the only people I really do that against are people who pull the whole of plaza 1 to fight for their op :p (Yea, my clan has actually seen that happen to them ¬.¬)

JiNxY
06-10-03, 17:38
yeh as far as im concerned all tactics are valid.

people bitch and moan when their enemies do it, but dont stop to think when theyre doing it.

I remember when drones weren't targetable, the side with the most droners won. that was pretty lame, but they fixed that

yeh they fixed them.. like they fixed hybrids

QuantumDelta
06-10-03, 17:55
This was after the drone target box fix... :P

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 19:46
All I knowz is I want to keep our OPs secure and the only way we're gonna do that is if once in a while we use so-called lame tactics.

What's so special about ops that you want to keep it so badly? I thought op fights were...........about the fight. Isn't that what it's "really" about. Now if you're gonna bring 55 thousand people to fight 3 people, then where is the fun in that?

Oath
06-10-03, 19:54
So.............in closing.

Winners = Immature.
Losers = Mature.

Im confused :confused:

So..............in order to be mature, i have to lose all fights, i have to stop trying?

Yeah, that works :rolleyes: i dont mind losing, in fact it happens more often than not.

Wtf is wrong with winning, i feel good when i win, so i try to win, and yet that makes me immature, you cant call someone immature for wishing to win a game, do you play football or hockey to have good time? no, you might say you do, but you play to win.

I wont post in this thread no more, but like Djingo said

Do whatever it takes, as long as its not xploiting.

Have fun.