PDA

View Full Version : Reversal. A why you AREN'T leaving thread.

bounty
06-10-03, 08:58
Just curious as to why some of you are sticking around still and aren't leaving. I'll list some of my reasons and you guys can just kind of add or something.

1. I have a vision of what this game could be. The first M in MMORPG being neccisary when referring to NC(ie lots of people / high server populations). Bursting economy with multiple resser/consters to choose from in plaza, not just cause he is the only one on. Not waiting 30 minutes at non peak hours for a tl84 poke(let alone a 115). 50+ man op wars. Epic GM events. Having to really watch your back in EVERY SECTOR because even the remote sectors are populated. Character and weapon balance that doesn't force you into specialization. Although some things I would NEVER want to see again, I am basically saying I keep paying and playing in hopes that I can once again have the experience that I had in beta 4.

2. I don't have time to relearn/master another complex mmorpg due to real life priorities.

3. Nothing out there that is really catching my eye.

4. The people on the servers that role play very well.

5. I've made a few aquaintances that I like talking to.

6. I have a few items that were made or given to me by friends or past friends that don't play anymore.

The only thing that I really believe it or not am not keeping my account for is DOY. That is just not a deciding factor for me, while I admit it would be nice, i have enough fun with what is here. Getting involved with the RP is what has truly sustained my interest in this game.

Hayato
06-10-03, 09:19
1. This is the best game out there now and will be a great game for awhile

2. The setting, BladeRunner meets Shadowrun

3. No trolls and bards casting spells on eachother

4. Guns, Strippers, Pepper Park, and Coruption (sp)

5. The People, i hate a big group of people on this game cause they act like kids sometimes but i meet and have TONS of fun with the cool people on the game.

6. Did i mention no bards or trolls and rangers with bows and sword killing little bunnies for xp

7. Its not EverQuest

phunqe
06-10-03, 09:19
Couldn't have said it better. Agree on all points :D

Something that also keeps me playing the game is the hope of eventually finding something somewhere that would make me happy (no... no 127/127 stripper :p). I'm pretty crazy, but sometimes I run through a large sector of the map, looking in every crate and box I can find. Sometimes (rarely) I find stuff, like the one time I found a box -full- of STORM lasers in Gaya mine =)
What I'm hoping for now is a forgotten Tacholythium glove hehe...

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 09:24
It is a good rest from all the fantasy "gnome's-and-troll's-in-the-blueberry-forest" games out there
Although I can agree on quite many points here I still gotta say
that this is a good game if you're not into previously stated fantasy setting

Original monk
06-10-03, 09:32
till now neocron is still the best game around, thats why
and euh because i worked so hard for getting all the stuff, leveling the chars that it would be painfull to leave everything behind, and ffcourse certainly not to forget: the cool neocron community, well not all but most of em :P

Vid Gamer
06-10-03, 09:43
Truth be told, there isn't anything else out there quite like Neocron. I've taken many breaks, and I always find myself coming back to this game because nothing else matches it.

Like bounty said, I have a vision when Reakktor "re-releases" the game along with DoY and a new publisher, maybe the game will be crowded again (new and old players alike). If so, I already have my near capped player with all the best equipment and loads of dough, and I don't want to start all over again somewhere else and be a complete n00b at it.

El Barto
06-10-03, 09:45
I like the game......................Not staying cos of DoY, cos thats never coming out.

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 09:46
Myself, I'm really HOPING for a reset on DoY's arrival
FULL SERVER RESET
The game's been used up now and needs a restart, that is a fact
And you all know it.

Original monk
06-10-03, 09:56
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Myself, I'm really HOPING for a reset on DoY's arrival
FULL SERVER RESET
The game's been used up now and needs a restart, that is a fact
And you all know it.

yup, it needs a reset actually, but when they reset im outta here, like most off the players that worked their asses of to get all there chips and weapons and more off that neat stuff...

but indeed a reset would be good to restore economy's etc but i would not survive it psychologically :)

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 09:58
I'm not talking consequences here I'm talking action
Even if the world would go to hell and NC would be damned
to be a chat program for 60-70 year old's I still say RESET!

I don't like consequences!! Nerf the consequences!!!

evs
06-10-03, 10:30
i'll try fomk when its out.
and if its better - i'll be leaving for that.

but no other morpg is like nc, hence why i stay for the moment.

SilentGravity
06-10-03, 10:34
Its ummm.... Fun when you have nothing better to do....

PS. This is AFTER that first 1-3 month "OH BOY! CHITIN!" (I really did think that the first time I killed a spider in beta, though I also thought you could do something with it....) feeling.

pix
06-10-03, 10:41
There's nothing better out there in this particular genre, FPS with RPG elements. Planetside was to much FPS and not enough RPG for my taste. FOMK seems nice but it's not out yet.

I would imagine that it will be harder for neocron to keep their customers ones FOMK releases. Particularly because it's also german, so their german marked isn't safe either.

jernau
06-10-03, 11:04
1) Not only is there nothing better out yet, there is nothing even similar.

2) A lot of good people still play and many that left have returned.

3) Time invested - I have good characters that I enjoy playing and being on Saturn means I can let some lie fallow for a while and use the others which keeps the game fresh.

4) My clan - I would probably keep playing just to stay in touch with them tbh. We all have very different gaming tastes so it's unlikely we'd find another game to move to (see point 1).

5) Hope/morbid curiousity - I want to see where Neocron goes. I started following the game a year before I got into beta and I'll be here (as Reefie said) when they power down the servers.

6) It's still fun. Even after a year of playing there are still new things to do. If you stop playing a class for a few months you'd be amazed at the changes when you go back to it.

7) DoY - Yeah, yeah, whatever people want to say about it I still want to see it.

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 11:07
1. i know about 10 peeps in real life who started playin at the same time as me

2. its buggy as hell... but i can live with that

3. i wanna cap my pistol spy and become the most feared PvPer... and yet be a pistol spy!

4. i help the peeps who are new to the game, i swear i give out 500k everytime i log on O_o

5. the community... ok so there are some CS 1337 kiddies... but i enjoy talkin to the peeps i know ingame

6. SLASHER... i will get one... ^.^

as said by others i am not staying for DoY. about the 3rd time they delayed i lost faith in that completely... more people are leaving from being lied to about that than people staying because of it IMO

get your act together KK?

Syntax-Error
06-10-03, 11:09
1) Well. otherwise id have nothing to do

2) ive put too much into the game to leave just yet

3) some VERY good people in this game (that includes GM/MOD/EC)

CkVega
06-10-03, 11:09
TBH, I've got an intrest in the game but I've not played the game itself for a while now.

I do like the game in general, but thier are serveral points that are making this game a little boring/repetative/etc.

Bugs, a royal pain in the ass, although I have seen many bugs dissapear over the last year so I can live with that.

Locked GRs, at first I thought this was a good idea to make the wastelands a better place to explore, but now I find it too restrictive to be fun.

High Level mobs in general wastland areas, I mean come on... just walking down the path and you get iced be a Y commander you never saw (usually while zoneing in).

City too small, if you actually took the current size of the city and compared it to the real world it woould be smaller than the village I live in.

Specialization, The damage + range + Rate of fire you do with a gun should be based almost purely on the guns stats + mods, although aiming should still be based on weapon lore + gun stats.
(although this point is more to do with my opinion than actual game problems)

Player levels are too different between low and high level, (again based on my opinion) one high level char could enter a room full of noob chars and butcher all of them with out taking much damage themselves. In real life one well trained soldier with a gun entering a room full of untrained berks with guns will still probably die quite quickly.

Storyline, Its developing too slowly and doesn't really allow most of the players to have any input/involvment with it.

If the changes happen where non city Admin friendly faction are shot on sight in the city, then there are 2 things I belive should happen, they should be shot be City Admin guards (not copbots) and safe zones should be removed.

ok, thats the end of my rantings, feel free to praise/flame me etc.

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 11:18
Originally posted by CkVega

Specialization, The damage + range + Rate of fire you do with a gun should be based almost purely on the guns stats + mods, although aiming should still be based on weapon lore + gun stats.
(although this point is more to do with my opinion than actual game problems)

all fair points... maybe i disagree with this one but the rest yeah.

i only disagree cos that would mean you get hybrids. not just Psi, but all weapon classes... just et the req for a weapon, get a good weapon, and its capped... imagine a PPU / APU hybrid, with a fully capped Fusion rifle (i forget the name... but if a Psi drugs he can use the lowest Fusion rifle)

harsh ^.^

NC Junkie

CkVega
06-10-03, 11:27
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
all fair points... maybe i disagree with this one but the rest yeah.

i only disagree cos that would mean you get hybrids. not just Psi, but all weapon classes... just et the req for a weapon, get a good weapon, and its capped... imagine a PPU / APU hybrid, with a fully capped Fusion rifle (i forget the name... but if a Psi drugs he can use the lowest Fusion rifle)

harsh ^.^

NC Junkie

I understand where your comming from there it could bring back the hybrid, but what if the new max damage on spells was similar to the new max damage on guns, as in 120% (not the 500% people are getting) based on the quality of the module. with Handling + Psi use affecting how well you can run cast.

heh, they could also bring back exotic Psi use and have that as a secondary requirement on some items and as a main requirement on others.

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 11:32
simple solution there men:
The hybrid nerf!
U got much APU, then P-C, R-C, M-C and H-C goes to hell
Same with the rest
Although on low lvls it shouldn't make a diff imo
And make all combat related skills pointsinks just like T-C
that'd make it all more important with stats and skills.

GosuSmurf
06-10-03, 11:36
1. my clan, know the most of them for nearly a year now, really nice ppl even tho the most of them are germans j/k :D
2. i wanna cap my chars
3. OP Fights, they are so great :)
4. i just like the game.. ive played games like DAoC but i like NC way more!

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 11:41
Originally posted by pix
There's nothing better out there in this particular genre, FPS with RPG elements. Planetside was to much FPS and not enough RPG for my taste. FOMK seems nice but it's not out yet.

I'd say this is a RPG with FPS elements not the other way around :p

Originally posted by pix
I would imagine that it will be harder for neocron to keep their customers ones FOMK releases. Particularly because it's also german, so their german marked isn't safe either. [/B]

Is that a GOOD thing? :p
J/K (...or am I...)

Lexxuk
06-10-03, 13:19
Oh, I know a song about this...

I'm making a list, I'm checking it twice, I'm going to find out who's naughty and nice, then I'm gunna PK everyone on that list (who's in the FS clan) - ahh, its nice to have aims and objectives :D

Jesterthegreat
06-10-03, 13:20
both the naughty and nice people on the list? surely save time and skip to the killing? :p

Oath
06-10-03, 13:27
Im not leaving cos i like that game.

simple enough.

Richard Slade
06-10-03, 13:28
I'm here cuz I have no life, just like everyone else :rolleyes:

Whiety Bulger
06-10-03, 13:40
I've been a part of the Neocron commuinity for 3 years now and plan to remain a part.

Void Dildano
06-10-03, 15:00
It's not a great game.
But most of the time it is a very fun game.
And it still has possiblities to be a great game.

Lexxuk
06-10-03, 16:38
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
both the naughty and nice people on the list? surely save time and skip to the killing? :p

well, my list so far...

Naughty People...

FS
Ita|ian [kos kos kos kos kos]
Silly PPU Monk that tried to holy para me to death (ya, as if I'm stupid enuff to die to a holy para O_o heh, pete pwnd teh PPU :D )

Nice people

Not in FS
Not in above list

Its a very good list, now, just gotta convince Julia to sit on me knee and ask for a present :D

TraumaTeam
06-10-03, 17:24
As someone who has been playing Neocron for one week (yes, I really started playing this week), here is my take:

1. There is no other good sci-fi MMORPG at the moment. AO is too influenced by fantasy for my taste, Terminator is probably going to suck, and The Matrix is probably not coming out until 2005. Planetside is not enough MMO, RPG, or FPS - it tries to be all three and can't seem to be any of them. (I would kill for a William Gibson-based game world set in the Sprawl and in Japan [got to go to Chiba for your high-quality implants] as well as surfing Cyberspace. Better still, a Snow Crash universe where you can play a RadiKS courier...) Neocron, however, does have an interesting story and there are people actually willing to roleplay which goes a very long way IMHO.

2. The city feels (and is) gritty and dangerous. That's a really cool thing and helps set the mood. (Yes, I get ticked off when I get PKed by much higher level characters [as I did twice this weekend], but I would probably get mugged walking alone in a seedy part of Chicago, too).

3. Vast game environment. I decided to take a "naked noob" run (remove all implants, equipment, and armor and just start running across the wastelands) to see what it was like. I thought the city was big but *damn* - I just can't believe how massive the world is in this game.

4. Great community. During my first two days of playing, I had two different people walk up and give me money. On my third day, I was invited into a clan and given more advice, equipment, and money. This is the most noob-friendly game I've ever played. Plus, a sense of a community is why I play games like this. Otherwise, I'd stick completely to single-player games like Tron 2.0.

So far, I'm having a really good time and plan to stick with this to see where the story goes and to do some serious Hoverbike exploring once I get strong enough to survive on my own.

TraumaTeam
06-10-03, 17:29
I'm making a list, I'm checking it twice, I'm going to find out who's naughty and nice, then I'm gunna PK everyone on that list (who's in the FS clan) - ahh, its nice to have aims and objectives

I'm actually doing the same thing! I've got a running list of powerful characters who decided to hunt noobs in low-level sewers and rooms. Once I get my battle rank up, I'm hunting them down... :)

greploco
06-10-03, 18:34
it's still fun, and the people I've met

Tratos
06-10-03, 18:40
Simply because

NC > ALL

:D :D :D :D :D

~T

naimex
06-10-03, 18:47
simplest question ever asked :::

Cuz even though this game has itīs bugs and crashes..

IT STILL RULES DA WORLD !!

ITS DA UBAR GREAT GAME EVA !!

Lexxuk
06-10-03, 19:14
Originally posted by TraumaTeam
I'm actually doing the same thing! I've got a running list of powerful characters who decided to hunt noobs in low-level sewers and rooms. Once I get my battle rank up, I'm hunting them down... :)

thats the spirit! and just remember, all con is good con, which makes you harder to kill later on :D