PDA

View Full Version : Turrets layed during an op fight..

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 02:31
This is really pissing me off.... we just faught ff 3 times in a row and everytime they stealth and drop tons of turrets all over the place so it ends up just being us fighting against the turrets and really takes the fun out of the game.... not being able to move from shock turrets.... getting pushed all over the place... getting seperated from clanmates... it takes the skill out of op fighting..

Syntax-Error
06-10-03, 02:37
Rnt u a ppu?

Para shock anyone..?

tho i do agree mr monky

Marx
06-10-03, 02:40
I think Turrets should take like a minute to lay down.

Anyone who would bitch about that is a baby - hell, you lay down turrets as a pre-emptive defense.

Would soldiers dig foxholes and lay down razor-wire when the enemy is already in their position? No.

You shouldn't be able to lay them down while stealthed for the same reason you can't fire while stealthed, it's unfair and ghey.

KramerTheWeird
06-10-03, 02:55
Hypocritical, dark has done that on occasion as well, so please don't complain if you use the tactic yourself.

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 02:57
na we dont drop a million turrets when the odds are even.... FF outnumbered us and they still dropped millions of turrets

Marx
06-10-03, 02:58
Every large-ish PvP clan holding OP's does it - or has done it, so get off your high horse.

:rolleyes:

FF outnumbered us and they still dropped millions of turrets

That's why its retarded, and [insert homophobic flame]

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 03:21
CC you spam paralysis and your clan doesn't fight unless they have 5-6 ppus and 3407230847 online, so my response to your complaint is this.....

ROFL

Psychoninja
06-10-03, 03:23
Alright, quit the bitching and look past the grudges you hold. It's a cheap tactic everyone uses at OP fights. This isn't about flaming each other, how about actually making constructive posts on how to fix the problem instead of pointing the finger on who does it.

nonamebrandeggs
06-10-03, 03:25
3...2...1 you know the rest.

We all do it, every clan on pluto lays turrets during OP battles, every clan brings x other clans to help them, and every clan is better than every other clan. But my dad is bigger than all of yours.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 03:26
Originally posted by Psychoninja
how about actually making constructive posts on how to fix the problem

Like you just.........didn't do?

ANYWAYS, a good solution would be to make a timer(similar to constructing) that's like 30-60 seconds long during which the person can't move much, to lay the trret.

stalked monkey
06-10-03, 03:30
That sounds like one of those things that its silly it wasnt implemented in the first place. Why DOESNT it take a while to put up turrets? Ops should have some turrets built in and undestroyable anyway. Would take care of ninjahackers who just waltz in unstealthed, hack one layer off, and walk out.Oooo I hate that.

Marx
06-10-03, 03:31
Alright, quit the bitching and look past the grudges you hold. It's a cheap tactic everyone uses at OP fights. This isn't about flaming each other, how about actually making constructive posts on how to fix the problem instead of pointing the finger on who does it.

Originally posted by Marx

Anyone who would bitch about that is a baby - hell, you lay down turrets as a pre-emptive defense.

Would soldiers dig foxholes and lay down razor-wire when the enemy is already in their position? No.

You shouldn't be able to lay them down while stealthed for the same reason you can't fire while stealthed, it's unfair and ghey.

Psychoninja
06-10-03, 03:33
My reply was better than bitching about para spam and PPUs ;)
Shame on you for flaming me for trying to bring the topic back to topic. :p

ANYWAYS, Putting a time interval between setting turrets would be tough, can't really think of how it could be done. What about having a 'SLIGHT' Synaps effect after setting it? And it not allowing you to set the next one until the Synaps is gone?

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 03:39
My reply was better than bitching about para spam and PPUs ;)

I wasn't bitching about paraspam or ppus, I was simply laughing at CC's statement "we can't move" when he loooooooooooooves to do that so much.

Shame on you for flaming me for trying to bring the topic back to topic. :p

If my post to you was a flame, then your post to everyone was a flame as well, and since you didn't actually add anything to the topic how are you any better?

ANYWAYS, Putting a time interval between setting turrets would be tough, can't really think of how it could be done. What about having a 'SLIGHT' Synaps effect after setting it? And it not allowing you to set the next one until the Synaps is gone?

How do you know it would be tough? :confused:

I like the synap idea. I vote 50% Synap, :p, no i'm kidding just something reasonable to make the "dropper" think twice.

Although if it's a synap, a spy can still stealth drop like 3-4 turrets and just run away to wait out his synap.

Rieper
06-10-03, 03:43
tell you what, as soon as people stop paraspamming, low level buffing PPUs and using every bug and exploit and sneaky underhanded tactic to their advantage then we can talk about not dropping turrets inthe middle of an op fight. If it can be done, do it, because even if you won't other people will.. and in an op fight the goal = to win.

btw, not all dark are bad, there are just some immature players :)

Psychoninja
06-10-03, 03:44
Not if you put a synaps req on the turrets like Loms, maybe give the person setting down the turret 10% - 15% Synaps would sound reasonable. The spy could wait out the synaps, if the synaps didn't disable his Stealth or weapons depending on lvl and amoutn of synaps ofcourse. Having synaps would even out the battle, and would stop the 'turret spam'.

Mantus
06-10-03, 03:54
Sometimes I think that people on this forum have an auto-troll button or something.

Turret placement while stealthed is a major flaw. In fact turrets should take way longer to deploy then they do at the moment.

It doesn’t matter if the poster is a PPU or if his clan uses the same tactics or if you just came here to troll or if you don’t like CC.

It’s a flaw and should be fixed. They should take a good 90 seconds to deploy. There should be no easy way to deploy a turret in a fight.

Nvidia
06-10-03, 04:46
Yeah... it was pretty lame. We'd get a base of fire setup, with plenty of cover, and then, all of a sudden, people would start dropping like flies, and we'd all go, "WTF?!?!" Then we'd turn around and see two gats just HAMMERING on us. It's a very nasty bug that REALLY needs to be fixed. I'll just quote one of my clan m8's over clan chat after the third time of being smacked down because of turrets... "Dark Vs. AI" :(

Ryuben
06-10-03, 05:12
lol

i used to play a game that had a OP system like this one, and all automated defenese thingys that got set up had to have a online power generator

well why not have the same thing for this game, (remote repair tool to fix it when broken) You blow it up no more Turrets, or you can hack it takeing it offline make it hack 125 or something :) jsut my 2 cents

Mankind
06-10-03, 05:17
Hmm, does this only happen on pluto?

Never been in an OP war with turrets dropped in between on Saturn.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 05:18
Originally posted by Mantus

It doesn’t matter if the poster is a PPU or if his clan uses the same tactics or if you just came here to troll or if you don’t like CC.

I was just pointing out the hypocricy since they do it as well.

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 05:37
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
and your clan doesn't fight unless they have 5-6 ppus and 3407230847 online, so my response to your complaint is this.....

ROFL

that is so untrue... we showed up at an op fight once with jut 2 PE's and a spy online

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 05:38
that is so untrue... we showed up at an op fight once with jut 2 PE's and a spy online

and 3 PPU's right?

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 05:39
I wasn't bitching about paraspam or ppus, I was simply laughing at CC's statement "we can't move" when he loooooooooooooves to do that so much.

im a ppu who is an ex-hybrid... what do you want me to do?

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 05:40
Originally posted by CryptoChronic

you can do what i did and throw the parashock away.

ZoneVortex
06-10-03, 05:40

Well some clans enjoy dropping stun traps in the middle of OP fights, what do you want them to do?

An invalid comment if you ask me

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 05:42
I apologise for bringing in-game comments to this thread, even though I still stand by them, it was stupid to try and derail the thread.

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 05:58
its ok you know i still love you shad ..

anyway.. i think that generator idea wouldnt fit well into this game ... maybe if it was underground and deep in the underground it would work because if not that would be a little harsh of a nerf... i like the idea that it could take like 30 seconds to drop a turret... everything else in the game is timed so why not make turrets times

PS: was the game u were talkin about planetside?

KramerTheWeird
06-10-03, 06:12
I agree turrets should take a long time to deploy, or even may occupy your processor slot (put turret package in processor and it'll go from 0-100%)

but that doesn't change the fact you're a hypocrite for posting this in the first place :p

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 06:16
i actually told my clanmates not to go overboard with turrets and to not place em during battle.... but of course i can never have total control of everyone all the time :/ ... /me wonders why everyone calls ME a hypocrite for something i didnt do

thewarrior008
06-10-03, 06:20
ooh awww ok tats not true CC , u outnumbered us by alot tats teh only reason we placed turrets and we didnot place em during batle we placed em by brakes while u run out tu rebuff and rezz or wateva so thats a pointles FF flame

cya ingame

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 06:23
umm warrior that whole post is BS... first of all.... you outnumbered us by the end of the fight by alot i know for a fact... and second, before the full force of FF showed up a spy dropped a gat and stun in hack room, a gat right outside hack room, a stun right outside hackroom and 2 gats and a stun near the gogu... and more random turrets during the heat of the fight so dont gimme that bs

G.0.D.
06-10-03, 06:27
blah blah blah flammes flammes flames bitch bitch bitch

anouther productive thread!

Psychoninja
06-10-03, 06:33
Well I like these current Ideas. Let me list them.

-OP Generators in the UG
-Synaps For Dropping a Turret
-Processor window for Turret placement (0%-100%)
-Stun Traps cannot be dropped while turrets are firing (I'm throwing this one in, I just came up with it)
-Time Limit Between turret drop

I still like the synaps idea better than the time idea since it would even out the battle by temporarly making the person dropping the turret somewhat useless/disabled. The generator idea is gret too, have a team rush the UG to disable the turrets. It's more realistic that way. The Processor window idea is pretty good, I think it would work great.

KramerTheWeird
06-10-03, 06:44
maybe to make combat support classes a good addition, have remote repair tools be able to repair turrets? or do they now already?

•Super|\|ova•
06-10-03, 06:45
Well I like these current Ideas. Let me list them.

-OP Generators in the UG
-Synaps For Dropping a Turret
-Processor window for Turret placement (0%-100%)
-Stun Traps cannot be dropped while turrets are firing (I'm throwing this one in, I just came up with it)
-Time Limit Between turret drop

I still like the synaps idea better than the time idea since it would even out the battle by temporarly making the person dropping the turret somewhat useless/disabled. The generator idea is gret too, have a team rush the UG to disable the turrets. It's more realistic that way. The Processor window idea is pretty good, I think it would work great.

I love those ideas. KK, make it happen.

Ferabukoo
06-10-03, 06:46
hey cc... welcome to the life of an NDA member (back in the day :D)

KramerTheWeird
06-10-03, 06:47
ya I remember centuri being a hypocrite and laying turrets on us during op fights as well.. :rolleyes:

Ferabukoo
06-10-03, 06:52
oh we loved doing it.... when we first saw it happen to us.. we were like.. ghey..

then when the ods were even... we droped a few and they fliped...

oh it was funny to see em all just go bye bye

oh and kramer.. we didnt need to drop turrets to kill you guys.. you guys just droped as soon as we showed up :angel:

ZoneVortex
06-10-03, 06:53
Originally posted by Ferabukoo

oh and kramer.. we didnt need to drop turrets to kill you guys.. you guys just droped as soon as we showed up :angel:

you mean....when you and sxr and bladerunners and every other ally you had showed up?

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 06:57
how do i get poked on the test server?

Delloda
06-10-03, 07:02
I was just pointing out the hypocricy since they do it as well.

if you guys actually really look at the original post....cc was not really complaining about mid battle turret dropping but more that a STEALTHED SPY was able to drop the turrets behind the attackers or defenders and all...which all would agree, is very broken.

I myself, don't find that turret dropping is bad....it is a *tactic*, all major clans have done it at one time or another

about ppu's, the most we ever have in an op battle is *usually* 1-4... most of our other ones are low lvl and we are a very international clan so timezones effect this too.

Its just that some of our ppu's are relatively good and make their presence felt and creating an illusion that we have hundreds on. Voice comms helps the ppu to an amazing degree as you all know.

I find a lot of ppu's are either too lazy or don't really have enough op battle experience to be effective in op battles.

About not fighting when we dont have a fighting force on...thats nonsense. We usually try to fight reguardless of numbers and ppu's. Ask FF who can comfirm this, we have fought them when we only had 4 on while they brought themselves AND allies many times.

There was also a battle i recall when we were fighting a pimp/sxr/ff/legion alliance battle for dev. heavily outnumbered but a fun battle nontheless. Needless to say, we actually won...but we were well surprised by this outcome :D

And pls ppl who fight us...don't dm me after a battle with bitchy/sore loser/excuse comments. I tend not to bitch in-game and i usually can't be bothered to reply to them. I deal with too many assholes properly during the day without having to do it at night when im trying to have a little fun in neocron.

If you win...good on you and nice fight no matter how cheap or great it was, we'l be back...if you lose then tough luck but do come back for a re-match.

Ferabukoo
06-10-03, 07:04
you feared nato...

but we all knew that NDA WAS SUPER LEETZOR AND COULD TAKE ANYONE ON

besides we only made nato because the scum of the planet decided to group... then we made nato and joo all cried.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 07:09
you feared nato...

besides we only made nato because the scum of the planet decided to group... then we made nato and joo all cried.

oh christ.......

Originally posted by Delloda

I myself, don't find that turret dropping is bad....it is a *tactic*, all major clans have done it at one time or another

I think it's bad, but mainly kuz of stun turrets.

about ppu's, the most we ever have in an op battle is *usually* 1-4...

:lol:

Its just that some of our ppu's are relatively good and make their presence felt and creating an illusion that we have hundreds on.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I'm not stupid Dell. I ALWAYS count the # of ppus on both sides. It's a habit of mine.

Ask FF who can comfirm this, we have fought them when we only had 4 on while they brought themselves AND allies many times.

a

There was also a battle i recall when we were fighting a pimp/sxr/ff/legion alliance battle for dev. heavily outnumbered but a fun battle nontheless. Needless to say, we actually won...but we were well surprised by this outcome :D

lol ok.

And pls ppl who fight us...don't dm me after a battle with bitchy/sore loser/excuse comments.

Yea well some of your members do it, although one particular member who always does it I haven't seen him in a good while, so no biggie.

But whatever. :p

Delloda
06-10-03, 07:09
you feared nato...

Na, nato was good at the begining cause it sorta surprised us but we put the whole nato alliace down many times after that.

But it was damn good fights!

were dealing with the pimp/legion/sxr/ff semi-alliance at the moment and its fun....most of the time. Think it should be called the PAD alliance (pluto anti-dark alliance)! :D

petek480
06-10-03, 07:10
you feared nato...

Actually it was the other way around,we made an alliance because of nato. And after we made our alliance, which wasn't even really an alliance, YOU guys started to cry.

Delloda
06-10-03, 07:17
Riiiiiiiiiiight. I'm not stupid Dell. I ALWAYS count the # of ppus on both sides. It's a habit of mine.

well just about an hour or so ago at dev....one of your members dmed me saying that we had over 7 ppus at the battle....we had 3...ivory, cryptochronic and karis obax. (gravity is apu now in case you didn't know). Just becasue the citycom says that there is more ppu's online, it doesn't mean they they are present in the battle.

Yea well some of your members do it, although one particular member who always does it I haven't seen him in a good while, so no biggie.

But whatever. :p

just cause some members do it doesn't mean that i have to will be drawn into bitching matches. they are childish and should be left in the schoolyard where they belong.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 07:22
well just about an hour or so ago at dev....one of your members dmed me saying that we had over 7 ppus at the battle....we had 3...ivory, cryptochronic and karis obax. (gravity is apu now in case you didn't know). Just becasue the citycom says that there is more ppu's online, it doesn't mean they they are present in the battle.

I know, but you were still making a statement that made it seem like you guys having alot of ppus is never true.

And trust me, I know gravity is apu. :p

Berzerker
06-10-03, 07:33
Edited for violated the rules. Flaming will not be tolerated.

--Garm

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 07:41
berzerker stop trolling... your post makes no sense and has nothing to do with our conversation..

Berzerker
06-10-03, 07:50
Edited for violating the forum rules. Flames will not be tolerated.

--Garm

Genty
06-10-03, 08:48
I have no problem with people laying turrets in fights, it happens, we do it, the enemy does it, shit happens. What bothers me is when they run off to the UG, lay a stun in the UG when it has been officially declared not allowed to lay turrets in the UG, yet they do it right infront of our eyes and get away with it.

BTW: Tanks (not the class) Rule!

Delloda
06-10-03, 08:51
I know, but you were still making a statement that made it seem like you guys having alot of ppus is never true.

Please read my posts as carefully as i read yours. I never said that we don't have lots of ppus..i said we *usually* only have 1-4 online and at the op battle. Yes there are times when many seem to logon, which is great, but uncommon. It's even more uncommon when they are all online and all come to the battle.

Almost all the big pvp clans have a lot of ppu's in their roster but to say that we only fight when we have ppu's on is simply not true and frankly slanderous.

BTW take off your kami chip...its making you go down like a piece of paper. It just isn't suitable for your lvl of char.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 09:08
Please read my posts as carefully as i read yours. I never said that we don't have lots of ppus..i said we *usually* only have 1-4 online and at the op battle. Yes there are times when many seem to logon, which is great, but uncommon. It's even more uncommon when they are all online and all come to the battle.

I meant your silly statement that your PPUs are so good it gives a sense of the enemy thinking you have tons of ppus.

And IMO you "usually" have 4+.

but to say that we only fight when we have ppu's on is simply not true and frankly slanderous.

Ok I guess we disagree.

BTW take off your kami chip...its making you go down like a piece of paper. It just isn't suitable for your lvl of char.

I don't use it for PvP, thnx for the baseless assumption though. And please don't give "me" PvP tips.

Here's a tip for you. Dont' stand on a mountain and assume you won't get sniped and KILLED by the enemy apus, *cough*.

Delloda
06-10-03, 09:20
I meant your silly statement that your PPUs are so good it gives a sense of the enemy thinking you have tons of ppus.

And IMO you "usually" have 4+.

which confirms my *silly* statement. when your statement is based on *your opinion* and my statement is based on fact.

Ok I guess we disagree

whatever.

I don't use it for PvP, thnx for the baseless assumption though. And please don't give "me" PvP tips.

wow..the ego! You really think your that good? :lol:

Here's a tip for you. Dont' stand on a mountain and assume you won't get sniped and KILLED by the enemy apus, *cough*.

never heard of Fatal runtime errors? and then syncing when you log on?

thewarrior008
06-10-03, 09:23
woooohaaaa hoooooooooooot
can i just say "sex" here to make u all relax . this is bs guys stop talking and come to fight .... and ya i no dark heheh not lame just different :p

lets continnue having teh same fun okis?

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 09:24
which confirms my *silly* statement. when your statement is based on *your opinion* and my statement is based on fact.

Fact? Are you at every dark op war? I doubt it.

Am I at every op war dark has? I doubt it. We're both basing it on our experiences with Dark.

wow..the ego! You really think your that good? :lol:

There is no ego. You just need to get that "you're my student" mentality out of your head, because you're always talking to me like I need tips. Especially you of all people, lol. I'm sure you would get annoyed if positions were reversed.

never heard of Fatal runtime errors? and then syncing when you log on?

IIRC you can't move when you synch, and I saw you attempt to run. But whatever.

•Super|\|ova•
06-10-03, 09:35
Originally posted by Berzerker

--Garm

--Garm

HAHA :lol: Why this doesn't surprise me at all? :p

Anyways, what the hell? Does SXR, FF and Legion have some kind of alliance? Oh man, you got to be joking. These redicilous things just makes my signature and my title stronger :( can no one RP at all ffs...

And to get back to the ORIGINAL topic, why do we have to argue about who has dropped turrets or who hasn't? I think this thread was meant to be here to make KK finally believe us that (especially stealthers) dropping turrets in the middle of fight is totally WRONG. So agree with this and help the community to get rid of this annoying "exploit" or just disagree and tell us why? Oh btw, "it's fun" is not an excuse. Try harder, I might find finding out where you live and raping your dog pretty fun stuff to do ;)

Delloda
06-10-03, 09:35
Fact? Are you at every dark op war? I doubt it.

Am I at every op war dark has? I doubt it. We're both basing it on our experiences with Dark.

Not all dark op wars but a hell of a lot more of them then you have..thus it would be safe to say that my experiences with dark op wars is a little bit more than yours escpecially since im the leader.

There is no ego. You just need to get that "you're my student" mentality out of your head, because you're always talking to me like I need tips. Especially you of all people, lol. I'm sure you would get annoyed if positions were reversed.

*And please don't give "me" PvP tips.*

Dunno but i sense ego there especially from the me in inverted comma's. And its not me that has the mentality...it is you that has a complex whenever you reply to my posts.

IIRC you can't move when you synch, and I saw you attempt to run. But whatever.

well what happened was a black sync after a fatal runtime error...and when i entered the game..i saw my heal was half or less and tried to run. You may not have noticed that i actually walked a few steps before i actually ran due to the the game not autorunning immediately after a logon.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 09:39
Not all dark op wars but a hell of a lot more of them then you have..thus it would be safe to say that my experiences with dark op wars is a little bit more than yours escpecially since im the leader.

Alright, whatever dude.

Dunno but i sense ego there especially from the me in inverted comma's. And its not me that has the mentality...it is you that has a complex whenever you reply to my posts.

Yea it's my complex, even though I don't get like that with anyone, just you, but yea it's my complex. :rolleyes:

Delloda
06-10-03, 09:41
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
These redicilous things just makes my signature and my title stronger :( can no one RP at all ffs...

Your right..pluto politics is a bit messed up! it seems we in pluto sorta ignore faction settings! :p

El Barto
06-10-03, 09:44
Originally posted by Marx

I agree.

Peeping Tom
06-10-03, 09:44
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
3...2...1 you know the rest. But my dad is bigger than all of yours.
so is my mom
back on topic... turrets should have some deployment time dunno how loong but it should have some
K4F

Delloda
06-10-03, 09:47
Yea it's my complex, even though I don't get like that with anyone, just you, but yea it's my complex. :rolleyes:

Look, only you, me and judge knows the *real* reason why you left dark all those months ago when we were still a smallish clan. I'm assuming it stems from that. I'm not gonna go into it publically. So i'll leave it at that.

see you in battle!!!!! RRRAARRR! :D

and cc soz for hijacking your thread. :p

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 09:49
I'm assuming

Yes you are.

GambitFlame
06-10-03, 09:53
Totally agree dropping turrets in a OP war where the defenders outnumber the attackers is c*** if you cant defend an OP without such lame tactics you dont deserve to hold it....

On a lighter note, a question, should you be able to drop turrets outside an OP ??

Jest
06-10-03, 09:54
Your right..pluto politics is a bit messed up! it seems we in pluto sorta ignore faction settings! :p To take it a bit off topic I dont think a TG vs Crahn war is outside of roleplaying even though they are *technically* allies. After all TG were the ones that kicked Crahn from power in the first place, they just got betrayed by Reza. The only reason TG and Crahn are allies is because of the common enemy of CityAdmin.

Shadow Dancer
06-10-03, 09:56
Originally posted by Jest
The only reason TG and Crahn are allies is because of the common enemy of CityAdmin.

That's strange, there has to be another reason otherwise Tsunami, BD, and Crahn would all be allied instead of Hostile.

Jest
06-10-03, 10:00
That's strange, there has to be another reason otherwise Tsunami, BD, and Crahn would all be allied instead of Hostile. Well I think its more of the opposite, I dont think TG should be allied to Crahn. Ive always hated Crahn both as an FA and a TG. I personally think they should be enemies, or at the very least nuetral.

And speaking of which, why is DoY allying itself with Crahn when Crahn was part a large part of the force that attacked DoY in the first place? The whole faction setup confuses me some times. I sometimes wonder if the game developers read their own plot.

Berzerker
06-10-03, 10:14
I think turrets should be a lot lighter. So spies can stealth and drop an even half dozen turrets. Three stuns and three Gatlings would be really nice.

ZigZag
06-10-03, 10:35
omg what planet u on u lot????

this particular fight - dark had 20 online at the time (and u brought most of em) - we had 2 ppus, 3 apus and 2 tanks, 1 spy and 2 pes - so ya - to stand a chance we dropped some turrets - was hilarious to see u all being pushed off ur perches when i dropped a stun behind u.

First time i ever saw the tactic used was by nda when outnumbered - believe it was used against em as well - every clan uses it including DarK at tyron the other day. Its been happening for months - Ive not seen a complaint b4 - so ya its waaaaa we lost - nerf!!!!!!!!!!

and Dell as for the FF/sxr alliance - I think u dont play enough.

Delloda
06-10-03, 11:04
there was a particular fight where sxr was present with ff, legion and pimp....maybe sxr had their own agenda there and maybe it was just a coincidence that they arrived..but we slew them anyway. Just quoting the clans that were all assembled *seemingly* together to attack us. anyway the attack failed but the fight was good.

As i said before, i ain't got a problem with turrets. its a valid tactic. but i do disagree with the spy's ability to drop them when they are stealthed and many agree.

lol ziggy my problem is that i play too much and start having dillusions of conspiracy! :D

Berzerker
06-10-03, 13:20
Well I do remember one fight we had at Dev. Sxr sudenly showed up. It was funny as hell. Dam good battle all round actually. Once all Dark wer ded an gone, (we were careful not to shoot at SXR for a bit ):) We killed the remaning SXR.

I don't think anyone can really make any asumptions in OP battles. Pritty much anything can hapen.

As for the stealthing turret thingy. If yur PPU's are to busy para spaming peaple to death, to run the anti stealth spell. Tough titty really. You have the means to stop them doing it. So I do not see the problem.

Mr Friendly
06-10-03, 13:26
CC you spam paralysis and your clan doesn't fight unless they have 5-6 ppus and 3407230847 online, so my response to your complaint is this.....

ROFL

really!? i remember us(|-DARK-|) taking u [edit] kids on with just 3 ppus......many times.....o_O

and yeah, that remark u made is for FF, not us. every time we fight them, they come with at minimum 5 or 6 ppus, but anyway, this thread is bout turret spamming in the middle of a fight...

another thing: i know this may be a bit off topic, but who the hell para spams in an OP battle!? dont blame us for the p[uss stuff yall do plz cuz i have never seen anyone in our clan para spam in the middle of an OP battle & being serious :D

Darkborg
06-10-03, 13:35
errr what clan are we talking here î

Mr Friendly
06-10-03, 13:36
Originally posted by Jest
To take it a bit off topic I dont think a TG vs Crahn war is outside of roleplaying even though they are *technically* allies. After all TG were the ones that kicked Crahn from power in the first place, they just got betrayed by Reza. The only reason TG and Crahn are allies is because of the common enemy of CityAdmin.

not exactly, reeza & the TG leader were allied at the time of running crahn out of the city at the time of the reign over it, but in the storyline, ull read that the crahn had to be kicked out to establish the democracy........but reeza backstabbed TG, placed copbots all over the city & claimed the city for his own. TH & crahn then allied to help bring reeza down. with the powers of the created & the creators they would hope to accomplish it. :)

•Super|\|ova•
06-10-03, 13:52
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
not exactly, reeza & the TG leader were allied at the time of running crahn out of the city at the time of the reign over it, but in the storyline, ull read that the crahn had to be kicked out to establish the democracy........but reeza backstabbed TG, placed copbots all over the city & claimed the city for his own. TH & crahn then allied to help bring reeza down. with the powers of the created & the creators they would hope to accomplish it. :)

Yup, when the hell these wankers do realize that beating down CA wont happen fighting against people that we should care about and fight beside them trusting in each others out in the battle field.

But nah, I don't think that the people ( at least on Pluto ) will be intelligent enough to get that. It will just continue under the happy, smiling face of Reza. His enemies will destroy each others FOR him and he doesn't have to do a thing. I guess joining CA wouldn't be bad after all... all the allies and NAP's between the city faction clans and TG and so on. Hell, some TG clans have more hostile faction clans in NAP and as ally and ally faction clans as enemies than the opposite o_O

Berzerker
06-10-03, 14:06
Yeh Kergan was mentioning stuff about faction loyalty, over fation chat, One of you lot Super decided it was not a good idea, and just shit talked. What ever.

•Super|\|ova•
06-10-03, 14:28
Yeh Kergan was mentioning stuff about faction loyalty, over fation chat, One of you lot Super decided it was not a good idea, and just shit talked. What ever.

So telling someone "I'm not interested" or "What ever" is a reason to start a civil war? Some deep thinker :lol: And mouthing off is not a way to "mention stuff about faction loyalty" in my opinon.

SovKhan
06-10-03, 14:35
doesnt particularly matter to me. but if parashocks are removed then turret traps should be. i guess.

could always make it so after 1st layer of OP is hacked no one can place turrets.

but ffs there is no beltdrops in warzones. might be showing how much i go to OP wars by saying this tho.

•Super|\|ova•
06-10-03, 14:38
Originally posted by SovKhan
doesnt particularly matter to me. but if parashocks are removed then turret traps should be. i guess.

could always make it so after 1st layer of OP is hacked no one can place turrets.

but ffs there is no beltdrops in warzones. might be showing how much i go to OP wars by saying this tho.

Yeah. Even if it would be so that you can't place turrets after 2nd layer would be a good start at least. Anyways, I hope those folks at KK HQ read this thread some day :rolleyes:

deac
06-10-03, 14:50
there was a particular fight where sxr was present with ff, legion and pimp....maybe sxr had their own agenda there and maybe it was just a coincidence that they arrived..but we slew them anyway. Just quoting the clans that were all assembled *seemingly* together to attack us. anyway the attack failed but the fight was good.

pimp and sxr on the same side? o_O o_O o_O

Cliffraiser
06-10-03, 14:54
Originally posted by petek480
Actually it was the other way around,we made an alliance because of nato. And after we made our alliance, which wasn't even really an alliance, YOU guys started to cry.

didnt matter like that one time u had 5 clans in total vs us with ppus and we only had 2 tanks 3 apus and 1 mid lvl PE and got raped. WITHOUT TURRETS \o/

Darkborg
06-10-03, 15:31
FF and sxr wtf where did that come from. we arent at the present time at peace with any city friendly clans to my knowledge.
I do believe they are sitting on one of our OPs at the moment and we are not particularily fond of that heh.

woOpin
06-10-03, 15:41
Hi all I do not post here much but here is what I have to say.

When there is only 10 - 12 of us fighting 20 enemys of course we are going to drop turrents.

- Oh yeah another thing we are not allied with SXR lol

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 15:43
20 enemy? *laugh* we had 11 people

woOpin
06-10-03, 15:45
You know you come here and bitch about us dropping turrents.

You see us coming here bitching about 5 clans fighting us a CRP no!

Take a look in the mirror and take a good look and think to yourself who is more lame.

Edit***No CC

The last time you attacked you had 21 online 9 logged after that fight.

Yes you had 11 when you gave up I was checking for my guys to see how man would come.

woOpin
06-10-03, 15:46
** Sorry Double Post**

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 15:46
man just shutup... this thread is about stealth spies dropping turrets, im not bitching about 5 clans fighting us at once... i dont really care how many ppl fight us... stop derailing my thread troller

edit: did you ever stop to think soem of them might be tradeskillers and some might be afk? no you didnt, you just assume every single person online is coming to the fight and is capped

2nd edit: oh and, double posting is bad

woOpin
06-10-03, 15:49
Us 5 clans oh yeah im not trolling im asking what you think is more lame?

You Allied 5 clans to fight 1 clan?

Us dropping turrents?

I said all I need to say have a good day :)

Kazper
06-10-03, 15:51
can't you just feeeeel the love?

Peeping Tom
06-10-03, 15:53
why does treadhs like this always ends up about a treadh about your clan sucks and play more dirty than our clan...
K4F

Duder
06-10-03, 15:53
Who cares, stun traps are balanced, im ok with it because i do this all the time, blah blah blah.

I hate stun traps.

BlackPrince
06-10-03, 15:54
Dropping turrets while stealthed is lame. There is no other question. Russian held us to it when he played, and we never, ever did. Even when our enemies did, he held us firm. Not sure what the new guys do, but I can tell you that I was a member of a clan on Pluto that never even once dropped a turret while stealthed in the middle of an Op fight.

Something I'm damn proud of.

As for mouthing off zerks, you want us to post the chat logs here so you can pull your foot out of your mouth in public, or should we save it for private?

Uho
06-10-03, 15:58
Tshihsihsihishhsihiihihihi

Sorry cc it was muumih layign the turrets.

not my fault u let him do it muumeh cant stealth u know that? :P

Kazper
06-10-03, 15:59
someone remind me why we're at war again? =P

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 16:02
i allied 5 clans to take ff on? what are you talking about?

Pigeon
06-10-03, 16:09
Yeah thats right, u brought about 5 clans to one of the op fights the other day.

SovKhan
06-10-03, 16:14
Originally posted by Pigeon
Yeah thats right, u brought about 5 clans to one of the op fights the other day.

im confused dont people in clans want pvp therfore want good OP fights that are challangeing?

would u stay on topic and address the issue instead of argueing about how meny clan members were at your last fight. cus its seriously annoying to people who want to read input about this sort of topic.

Pigeon
06-10-03, 16:16
im confused dont people in clans want pvp therfore want good OP fights that are challangeing? becides none of that has to do with the topic of turrets during a fight.

Dont give a damn whether they had a billion or not, its a game :p

No point in someone denying something they did tho.

SovKhan
06-10-03, 16:21
well im just saying that cus i ran into tryon factory or however its spelt the other day, SS,NDA,and SXR were all fighting agents you and i did some ppuing for you (after u guys killed me then rezzed me lol) so i mean who cares how meny people or clans u got to help you. complaining or denying that those things happend does not tell how you feel about being able to drop turrets in the middle of battles ect. so thats why i just odnt see the need for it to even be talked about.

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 16:22
Originally posted by Pigeon

then i must have not been there

Pigeon
06-10-03, 16:26
well im just saying that cus i ran into tryon factory or however its spelt the other day, SS,NDA,and SXR were all fighting agents you and i did some ppuing for you (after u guys killed me then rezzed me lol) so i mean who cares how meny people or clans u got to help you. complaining or denying that those things happend does not tell how you feel about being able to drop turrets in the middle of battles ect. so thats why i just odnt see the need for it to even be talked about.

In my eyes, if its in the game and you can do it, then do it. If they take it out, they take it out.

Not really that much of a biggy.

:angel:

Kazper
06-10-03, 16:28
mmmm berries

Pigeon
06-10-03, 16:38
what type?

solling
06-10-03, 16:47
yes we used turrets a lot but thats only cuz we was outbumbered and u know it u had like 5 or 6 ppus and 2 tanks and 3 or 4 apus and some spys we had 3 ppus 2 tanks 3 apus and a pe so dont complein about us outnumbering u

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 16:56
lol we had 3 ppu's 2 apus and 2 or 3 tanks and a spy or 2 :rolleyes:

Tupac
06-10-03, 19:14
Pigeon stfu abput the 5 clans bullshit.....
we got asked to help a clan in need! we didnt ask for the clans to help us hence when u look at the city com the op's werent so stfu pwned kthnxbye

Tupac
06-10-03, 19:14
Pigeon stfu about the 5 clans bullshit.....
we got asked to help a clan in need! we didnt ask for the clans to help us hence when u look at the city com the op's werent so stfu pwned kthnxbye

Tupac
06-10-03, 19:16
also would like to say DarK is only allied to 1 clan

solling
06-10-03, 19:21
then why the hell u help SS BRTF and NDA and Brotherhood sunday ?

and CC u had u . ivory. bassline(i think his name is) yarrik ,
karix oba , cannings and at one point yulia with i think was someone loggin on her char but still an extra PPU trying to ress

hmm lemme see 1 2 more then 3

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 19:24
ok, ganster who was shot and killed:rolleyes:

uhhhh 1 PPU at an OP fight? i highly....highly doubt it, although uless it was only like a 3v3 or somthing...

every OP war i went to with dark as the opponents ended with me saying "AGHHHH I FUCKING HATE PPU'S"

TBH, and this is not IMO, dark has a high amount of its active clan members as PPU's, i have never been to an OP against dark where they did not outnumber us in PPU's, or just in general outnumber us, because they seriosuly will NOT come to an OP fight if they only have 9 or so members on.

thewarrior008
06-10-03, 19:31
Originally posted by KidWithStick

uhhhh 1 PPU at an OP fight? i highly....highly doubt it, although uless it was only like a 3v3 or somthing...

every OP war i went to with dark as the opponents ended with me saying "AGHHHH I FUCKING HATE PPU'S"

TBH, and this is not IMO, dark has a high amount of its active clan members as PPU's, i have never been to an OP against dark where they did not outnumber us in PPU's, or just in general outnumber us, because they seriosuly will NOT come to an OP fight if they only have 9 or so members on.

FUlly agree

i was there at this op fight as a PPU and saw all those PPu lore mentioned above

so theres no point lieng .

Kazper
06-10-03, 19:32
blue of course

duh =P

woOpin
06-10-03, 19:46
Oh look CC Tuac posted 3 times in a Row I did 2 post by mistake in a row you bitch at me lol.

/me thinks this is the case with Stealther and dropping turretns is same.

You guys used this before, also you guys are upset that you had more then us and lost.

Anyhow for the guys who said what does it matter about 5 clans v 1 its all fun. Yes its fun when its a fair fight but when 35+ people run into an op to gank 12 members it is not fun.

IMHO Fair OPWar fights are best if they wanted to get huge numbers maybe they should arange it like some large opwars have been in the past.

Anyone remember when NDA and SS was big and strong clans? And all TG FA and TS clans allied up for one big battle against City clans like TT CA and so on. Now that was a fun battle even though City Won it was still a really good battle and lasted a long time.

But when 5 clans join up because they can not win in a fair fight now that is lame.

mehirc
06-10-03, 19:53
Only constructors should be able to build up turrets and it should need at least 1 min. Problem solved :)

Clothing_Option
06-10-03, 20:09
na we dont drop a million turrets when the odds are even.... FF outnumbered us and they still dropped millions of turrets

Unfortunatley its part of the game. We have done that too.
but pple who are stealth shouldnt be able to do anything with weapons while stealthed but spy

CryptoChronic
06-10-03, 20:15
Originally posted by KidWithStick

well since everything i said isnt getting in your thick head then im just gonna forget about it... think whatever you want...

Clothing_Option
06-10-03, 20:43
Originally posted by Tupac
also would like to say DarK is only allied to 1 clan

It sure as shit aint us and it will stay that way even when we change factions when DOY comes out
even if we endup in same faction

Marx
06-10-03, 20:46
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
It sure as shit aint us and it will stay that way even when we change factions when DOY comes out
even if we endup in same faction

*coughs as crickets chirp*

Didn't see that one coming.

o_O

KidWithStick
06-10-03, 20:49
well since everything i said isnt getting in your thick head then im just gonna forget about it... think whatever you want...

derrr im a big dumb tank, me no think, only shoot things:wtf:

you know its true.

Ivory
07-10-03, 00:41
Turrets are bad........ mmmmukkkkaaaayyy,

Stun traps are bad mmmukkkaaaay.

But its a *tactic*

Again this thread is seriously turning into "I'm the queen of bitches so listen to my bitching"

This thread is about stealth turret dropping which should b seriously considered by KK as a big no-no, I mean tbh Spies are very delicate beings they should b doing flower arranging or something like that cos they are that delicate (i mean they die in about almost 2 shots) and them carrying a gat turrets thats totally bigger than them when stealthed? :wtf:

One other note about the amount of venting about dark - damn u guys really need to stop bitching it will make u all old and wrinkly and i dont like killing old ppl ingame :p

Oh and FF ppl dont bitch about the PPU's when at times you guys bring ur bizillion PPU's (exaggerating of course but u guys are that close at the million mark for the amount of ppu's :p ) at fights also.

Reading over this thread it seems that people are taking examples of at least a fight where they were outnumbered, but this always happens do u really expect a fight where there will b even numbers? I think not, i respect clans that win a battle completly outnumbered I can say this proudly that dark is one these clans who are at times outnumbered or closey even in a fight (this happens a lot nowadays)

Now keep this thread sexy pls talk about the topic about stealth turret dropping or wotever.

solling
07-10-03, 07:31
i knwo we had a lot of ppus thats was not the point of this point was mearly saying we laid turrets cuz we where outnumbered is all

Mantus
07-10-03, 08:35
Cheers Ivory,

You should post more often.

ZigZag
07-10-03, 10:24
There might be an issue of spies dropping turrets during an op battle to be discussed - however point is that at no time during these 3 battles that happened did a spy drop any turrets.

Im a tank - I had 4 turrets in my inv - i used 3 - I cant carry turrets and aoe weapons - so its not something i usually do. We used em because u outnubered us heavily. We always go, even with 6/7 ppl and its 4am. PIMP doods are right tho' u know if u hack a DarK op with em less than 15 they dont come.

So the issue if there is one has nothing to do with FF v DarK that day - its been happening for ages - do a search for the infamous battle when CC ressed NDA when they fought DarK and TA ull see a vivid description of how a spy won the battle doing this.

Birkoff
07-10-03, 10:56

ROFL

OMFG you do talk shit don't you shad?

We usually have max of 4 usually about 2

And the turret situation is stupid, we may lay 1 or 2 turrets in the odd fight here and ther ebut that fight at fosters was a joke.

Originally posted by ZigZag
PIMP doods are right tho' u know if u hack a DarK op with em less than 15 they dont come.

Strange we usual;ly go dev with about 6 ppl then !

ONOZ ur wrong!

•Super|\|ova•
07-10-03, 11:40
This has turned into political catfight (or should I say "political" since we are talking about Pluto here). No need to bitch and whine about other clans. Lets just keep trying to remove this annoying "exploit" from the game since it doesn't follow any logics.

Do you want to really change this thing or do you want to keep flaming and trying to close this thread and then finally make KK ignore and forget this problem?

It's up to how do we handle it here. Remember that.

der Ed
07-10-03, 11:47
It is possible, it is no exploit, so it's ok.

If you can't detect stealthers or are unable to get off some aoe-spells to kill them you really can't be helped.

•Super|\|ova•
07-10-03, 12:11
Originally posted by der Ed
It is possible, it is no exploit, so it's ok.

If you can't detect stealthers or are unable to get off some aoe-spells to kill them you really can't be helped.

So if killing LE users with barrel spells is possible it is not an exploit? Think that through few more times my friend. This thing is nearly comparable to zonebarreling (which is forbidden as well)... think about stealther or two coming out of UG dropping a turret, going back down. Then repeating it.

And what is the logic in fragile, thin spy carrying 2 huge turrets with him and placing them without revealing himself? Maybe if the turrets would float in the air but you couldnt see the spy itself would be MORE logical but still it isn't logical :rolleyes: and is it really so fast to place a turret? I mean drop it down in a second or two and, ABRACADABRA motherfucker, there you have a perfectly working defence system my friend.

I suggest the stealthers either become revealed once starting to place a turret and it would take like 5-10 seconds OR people wouldn't simply be capable of dropping turrets while stealthed.

Now, dropping turrets without stealthing is nearly ok. However, it should still take 5-10 seconds to place one.

SigmaDraconis
07-10-03, 12:35
I can see 2 plausible changes. No turrets being layed after 2nd hack. And putting a good size timer on laying turrets, or requiring a special skill (REP or CST for example) Stealth dropping needs to be removed all together. the Turret generator is a RP idea but solves nothing...90%of the time turrets are dropped around the hackroom in the middle of the 2nd or third hack..adding another thing to hack in the UG is pointless and infact makes the turret dropping more helpful.

------------------------------------ ( Optional Spam to Follow)

For fact....most of out PPU were at the battle being discussed (Foster).
Another fact..never all at the same time...our active fighting PPU's were Karis Obax, Ivory, CC.

Yulia, Bassline, Cannings are alts of people who were fighting. Yarrick didnt have any GR's near for the first 2 attempts and was not present. Please explain to me how a person who doesnt share his account info is able to play both of his charactors at the same time. The only time they were present was well after the battle trying to rez people for a second wave, they braught no attackers with them.

BTW...
D-ToX(APU)
LuCiD(APU)
Cerberus(APU)
Wodka(APU)
Karis Obax(PPU)
CryptoChronic(PPU)
Ivory(PPU)
Tupac(Tank)
Strydie(Tank)
Helius(Spy)
Dagger(Spy)
Delloda(APU)

That is our exact player list for the first 2 waves of that battle..if thats 20 people..i need to go back a few grades and learn to count...or maybe you do. Lena and Zoink were there for one wave each tho.

your turn..
Zigzag(Tank)
Jason(Tank)
Kayne(Tank) -im pretty sure but not positive-
Astrea(PPU)
Muumi(PPU)
Kayne.(PPU)
Tredia(PPU) -i thought i saw her-
Lore(APU)
Hiddious Bunneh(APU)
Klesk(APU) -again, i think-
Uho(PE)
DIO(Spy)

I bet there were more of you, and even if those 3 werent there..its only a small differance. this justifies planting about 400k worth of turrets continiously through out the battle? ok...sounds like a lame excuse.

-------------------------------- Next topic ;)

The only time DarK has faught along side any other clan within the last 2 weeks was at tezla....SS and a small handful each of NDA SXR and DarK were there against 2 large groups of Spirit and FF. So please drop this 5 clans vs you shit.

------------------------------- Next :D

DarK bringing tons of PPU's to battle..hmm interesting..we average three.....ive done some legit research on this topic too...its led to us recruiting more PPU's because not too long ago we found ourselves with 1-2 PPU's against 3+, naturally we recruited more..and now that were actually MATCHING PPU's numbers people are constantly bitching we bring too many lol. Anyway..PIMP and DarK average 3 PPU's per battle, FF averages 4, Legion and SXR 0-2. And thats all the clans ive been able to average cuz thats all i fight lol.

Shadow..you laugh at the comment about a good PPU seeming likes hes more then one PPU..when its completely true...Most the PPU's of the major clans are good, but if you compare them to average size clans they are godlike ( simply because people in stronger clans tend to be more dedicated and experienced)..truth is..most people who are PPU are not involved enough to do their job effectivly...as ive said before..it is one of the most difficult classes to play, but it is also the most rewarding and effective.

------------------------------ Next...again lol

Comparing Holy Para to shock traps is crap, and very untrue...Shock traps slow you down as much as para and effect yur turning the same BUT ALSO push you uncontrollably in just about any direction but where you need to go...thats their main flaw...the shock i can live with..considering im parashcoked 24/7 anyway. You dont die to parashock 99.9% of the time do you? Didn't think so...But...shock traps shove you inside an OP..usually into LOS of other turrets and or players..in effect..garunteeing your death, whereass most people survive even afterbeing parashocked.

This is all for now..only read half the thread..ill address the rest fo this spam later.

Oh yes..zigzag..yur right no SPIES did drop turrets in most battles..its yur PE's Rehtori Zokk and Uho.. or..yur haxing like fuck and can plant turrets 30m away from you.

----------------------------------

Oh yes..last thing ( i think)

DarK fight outnumbered all the time...one of the more recent and extreme cases would be 2 PPU and 2 APU trying to recover Seiger after 15 PIMP hacked it..we died and went back 3 times before we finally got about 10 people and took it back....we also about 10 Legion and SXR at dev with 5 people..if there are 5 or so of us on at 3 am or something and you hack an OP right after we finished up with 4-5 hours of OP battles..no we usually dont come...usually because of lack of hackers and sometimes because were just plain burnt out...

OK i made a booboo with that player list..Helius was only there for the last wave. :) Basically we had the same number of people through out the entire battle..infact we lost several after the first wave. The composition kept changing tho because people refusing to GR got their alts irrecoverably trapped behind enemy lines.

•Super|\|ova•
07-10-03, 12:41
FFS Sigma! (and everyone else as well) Just let it be already. Put up a bitching thread if you want to argue about who was where, when and with who. This ain't about some pathetic pluto politics.

SigmaDraconis
07-10-03, 12:46
lol i just saw the thread i dont forum much :P anyway..theres a reason my opinion on the stealth dropping was first THEN the defense against the other comments im forced to add because of half the population of Neocron not being able to stay on topic :(

El_MUERkO
07-10-03, 12:47
Last few battles with FF at tyron have come down a who has more monks and nothing more, turrets are one of the few things that can slow an overwhelming attacking force.

I dont have any problem with defenders Stealth turreting and its been done to me more than a few times, its one of the few things a spy can do to have any great efect on an op war :)

•Super|\|ova•
07-10-03, 12:53
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
I dont have any problem with defenders Stealth turreting and its been done to me more than a few times, its one of the few things a spy can do to have any great efect on an op war :)

In my opinon spies shouldn't be able to have any HUGE effect on an OP war in the first place. The battles should be a stage for the classes that are made for fighting, not for the ones that have already awesome capability for multiple tradingskills.

Birkoff
07-10-03, 13:09
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
In my opinon spies shouldn't be able to have any HUGE effect on an OP war in the first place. The battles should be a stage for the classes that are made for fighting, not for the ones that have already awesome capability for multiple tradingskills.

Have to disagree witH that, spies are great. I've played with a spy in a few fights recently and they seemto have a big effect as peopole thing *haha a spy at an OP war*.

+ Sig i was asleep at the time (till the 3rd wave) so if helius was on CC cant of been or visa versa... unless I've been hacked... omg h4x...

•Super|\|ova•
07-10-03, 13:19
Originally posted by Birkoff
Have to disagree witH that, spies are great. I've played with a spy in a few fights recently and they seemto have a big effect as peopole thing *haha a spy at an OP war*.

+ Sig i was asleep at the time (till the 3rd wave) so if helius was on CC cant of been or visa versa... unless I've been hacked... omg h4x...

If they make spies more capable fighting in OP wars then how about giving tanks more chances with the tradeskills? :lol:

Come on now, why should every (or even one) class be able to do everything?

And stealther spies dropping turrets can make a huge difference in a battle. Why wont they just stick to what they honestly have; droning and sniping... and most of all; tradeskills. I just want this to be even a bit more logical. Turrets should be placed carefully, when enemies are not shooting your back or watching through you while you are stealthed. Turrets aren't ways to fight. They are only precaution.

Jesterthegreat
07-10-03, 13:21
stfu is all i have to say to that...

coming from a ** 66/52 Pistol Spy

Birkoff
07-10-03, 15:01
Yes super i totally agree about turrests and stealthgin and shit.

But spies in combat is great, you can have repair.... If a spy doesn't take tradeskill then they are good in OP fights :) thats fair... want to be the same... role a spy

ServeX
08-10-03, 06:00

ROFL

dude, you don't fight unless you're 2 feet away from a zone border at all times...

KramerTheWeird
08-10-03, 16:02
you know what's funny, posts like this don't get locked when it becomes some ingame bitch fest, yet you see threads like that one with dribble joy and everyone giving advice getting locked :/

•Super|\|ova•
08-10-03, 16:48
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
you know what's funny, posts like this don't get locked when it becomes some ingame bitch fest, yet you see threads like that one with dribble joy and everyone giving advice getting locked :/

Yeah, these folks just can't take a grip. "OMG he said something about me in negative way im gonna continue this shit until this good thread gets closed!!!11". Some attitude...

solling
08-10-03, 17:45
sigma i saw yarrik yulia and cannings there also i dunno if it was a 2nd account but logging another char when ur first one is dead seems to me as if u had more guys still

uho=muumi
kayne was at work
tredia was not online

solling
08-10-03, 17:46
still making turret unavailble after 2nd hack meaning they cannot be dropped seems like a good idea to me

ServeX
08-10-03, 22:24
Originally posted by Kazper
can't you just feeeeel the love?

i feel it, i miss j00 kazpy =|

Mantus
08-10-03, 22:36
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird

Indeed, i really dont know why that thread was closed. It was funny and quite infomative.

Originally posted by solling
still making turret unavailble after 2nd hack meaning they cannot be dropped seems like a good idea to me

This isnt a bad idea. As turrets should be used to secure the OP ahead of time.

Perhaps clans can get a warning when the turret is at half health. This will prevent solo individuals from sniping turrets as they please, which is a major reason why clans dont like placing them prior to the fight.

KRIMINAL99
08-10-03, 23:04
well considering turrets are pretty darn useless outside of an OP war, and that you never know when and if someone is going to attack your OP, Its about the only guaranteed way to use them without wasting them.

Stealthers can be killed with AOE fairly easily btw, and Im pretty sure Doombeamer has a bigger explosion than Malediction while still doing enough damage to kill a spy pretty quickly.

SigmaDraconis
09-10-03, 00:36
AOE excuse is wonderfull..im goign to barrel or Moon the place when 90% of the people there are my clan mates? Sure they could move out of the way i guess...that is ofcourse..if a stun wasnt pushing them in everywhich direction but the one they want to go in.

Solling..yes Yulia Cannings BassLine are alts..and no they didnt die and log in alts to make more people..they stayed dead hoping to get rezzed and fight..they logged in several minutes AFTER a fight trying to rez everyone and escape so that we can come back for a second wave. And i specifically remember conversation at multiple times were Yarrick was rather upset he couldnt participate because he had no GR's near by. He may have made it in by the third wave but I'm unaware.

Anyway... i think the no turret laying after second hack is fair. I'd still rather see them either take 10+ seconds to deploy. or require CST...and by deploy i mean....lay a turret and 10 seconds later it activates. I just find it bewildering how a complex peice of machinary not only becomes instantly constructed but also instantly programmed, synched into the current defence grid and powered up.

Vampire222
09-10-03, 01:01
Lets all relax, and think about beautyfull kittens, they calm you down, dont they?

ServeX
09-10-03, 01:33
Originally posted by Vampire222
Lets all relax, and think about beautyfull kittens, they calm you down, dont they?

omg yes :)

Shadow Dancer
09-10-03, 05:52
Originally posted by ServeX
dude, you don't fight unless you're 2 feet away from a zone border at all times...

When i'm outnumbered, why would I "fight to the death"? That's dumb. And btw you ran and zoned when I was almost about to kill you, soooooooooo????? :confused:

Too bad people are so full of shit. I can probably count the # of people I've killed at pp1 who DIDN'T try to zone when near death, on one hand. And you are certainly not one of them.

Mantus
09-10-03, 06:26
Originally posted by Vampire222

Yes, so cute. HEY! The f*cker scrached me!

...um but anyways. Is some one taking notes on all these ideas? Would be nice to start a new thread to discus this subject without the flames and the BS.

CryptoChronic
09-10-03, 13:34
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Mr Friendly
09-10-03, 14:03
When i'm outnumbered, why would I "fight to the death"? That's dumb. And btw you ran and zoned when I was almost about to kill you, soooooooooo????? :confused:

Too bad people are so full of shit. I can probably count the # of people I've killed at pp1 who DIDN'T try to zone when near death, on one hand. And you are certainly not one of them.

no, im afraid hes right,

u remember a ppu that caught u upstairs in pepper park sec-1? named cdmlotyo? he's me, & u zoned back & forth into the pussy club over & over, (with full health when i found u), then eventually ran off....:rolleyes:
(this was no more than a week ago jtlyk)

Eric Cobalt
09-10-03, 20:54
FF lost an op fight 5 minutes ago coz they rushed throu UG, dropped the whole area full with turrets - and let sxr hack the third barrier and loose against their own turrets :D

what shall I say? owned :rolleyes:

hinch
09-10-03, 21:01
eric you mean they dropped turrets in the underground or above?

if in the underground isnt that now classed as an exploit and hense bannable?

Jest
09-10-03, 21:06
Originally posted by Eric Cobalt
FF lost an op fight 5 minutes ago coz they rushed throu UG, dropped the whole area full with turrets - and let sxr hack the third barrier and loose against their own turrets :D

what shall I say? owned :rolleyes: I'm sure you rushed here as soon as you possibly could to tell this great tale.

And just a side note, don't brag about beating a clan and then use the rolly eye emotes. Using them doesn't some how mean you are only making fun of other clans who brag, because the simple fact that you posted it brings you to the same level of other people who do it. -->:rolleyes: <--

Mantus
09-10-03, 21:12
Actually he came here to post about a situation where the usual assumption that "turrets being layed down durring the fight = win" can be overcome.

While it doesnt happen often, i would have to say good job SXR.

Nidhogg
09-10-03, 21:12
Please, no more flames on this thread. Thanks.

N

Lethys
09-10-03, 21:18
Originally posted by Eric Cobalt

what shall I say? owned :rolleyes:
How exactly did we lose?
1. We killed all the SXR/NDA in the OP, (though a few stealthers managed to get away), and got the OP back.
2. Not one of our members died to a turret.
3. You guys outnumbered us. We had around 10, while you had 15-20.

If you really have to brag, get your facts straight first :rolleyes:

On the subject, I do think dropping turrets while stealthed should not be allowed, as it is just as much an attack as using a gun while stealthed

Eric Cobalt
09-10-03, 21:24
lemme just correct it

Originally posted by Lethys

3. You guys outnumbered us. We had around 10 + masses of turrets planted during the fight, while you had 15-20

we were something bout 12 (at maximum)...

Ozambabbaz
09-10-03, 21:27
ooh, am i blind, or is the truth really not here? :D

i'll let it slip into the darkness anyhoot

wolfwood
10-10-03, 06:14
omfg lol, i dont believe this ALL OF YOU FINALLY REALIZED. ill explain, when i was in NDA they always did that with 3:1 odds all the time, but then when we bitched about all u just said "O stop crying u little babies and deal with it" ( or deny that other 4 clans helping you out.

So all I have to say is its about time you got a taste of your own cheap medicine. No offense but now relaize this shit.

Nidhogg
10-10-03, 11:14
A warning was given. o_O

N