PDA

View Full Version : punisher not worth using ?

shenten
06-10-03, 00:49
I read several times in the forum that the only rare drone worth using is the particle nemesis and that the punisher is not that good ?

Is is true ? what high level droners think about this ?

Thks :)

Psycho_Soldier
06-10-03, 01:00
Originally posted by shenten
I read several times in the forum that the only rare drone worth using is the particle nemesis and that the punisher is not that good ?

Is is true ? what high level droners think about this ?

Thks :)

I'm not a droner but I think it's kind of obvious. PN is good for PvP, Punisher is good for hunting in places like caves, graves, etc.

Keiron
06-10-03, 01:17
Uber TL (Punisher) + Graves = Capped. Drug into the Punisher ASAP, cap, and forget about it.

Ehyuko
06-10-03, 02:38
The only use for a punisher is to level in the graves, as an RG drone it is useless in pvp and is easy to destroy, making it's only use to hunt poison mobs. It does slightly more damage then an RG 1000, otherwise it's almost identical. Personally I hate using RG type drones as unless you are hitting more then 3 things at a time, the higher damage output of the PN gives better xp.

Heavyporker
06-10-03, 03:01
still, I think they would have use in PvP like barrels - shoot a continuous stream of rayblasts to discourage someone from going where you don't want them to.

Marzola
06-10-03, 03:37
Originally posted by Heavyporker
still, I think they would have use in PvP like barrels - shoot a continuous stream of rayblasts to discourage someone from going where you don't want them to.

Hey, that sound like what tank AoE should do!!!(Hint towards KK)

Heavyporker
06-10-03, 03:44
uh... tank AoE DOES do that.... lay down a continous stream of area effecting rounds.

difference is that the tanks actually try to hit PEOPLE instead of pounding an AREA.

shenten
06-10-03, 09:57
ok,

I thought the punisher was a gatling drone in fact, not an AOE like RG1000, given this I would have answered my question myself :p.

Ok so I should drug my self as soon as I can to use the Puni in caves.
I'm lvl59 now and PB20 does decent damage, does the particle nemesis really makes a difference ? I read several times that droner are only powerfull once capped or at least nearly capped ?

jernau
06-10-03, 11:24
Punisher is great for all kinds of PvM not just the graves.
Reason being - DEFENCE.

It's no use in PvP but it's ability to take more than one hit from Grims, Fen Fires, J5s, etc. makes it a killer in PvM.

Always remember the first rule of droning - "enemies don't kill drones, bugs kill drones". Taking a few more hits can mean you outlive some of the more crippling bugs.

Jaggeh
06-10-03, 13:05
the only currently effective drone in pvp is the revenge :D

and only for lurking above the battle

as the enemy back away to heal etc scream down like a true kamikaze, aim for the ground beside someone, and press fire as soon as you bounce (instant headshot if they are still nearby)

i took out 4 players in neofrag with 1 revenge. and im not even a capped droner skillwise.

CRAIG DIGGERS
06-10-03, 13:07
Can only talk for leveling not pvp.

I made 450K exp each punisher launch in the viper king grave with a 110% damag on the drone.
It is worth to use !!
even with drugs:)

Nemesis is nice to finish the king elvis.

oliver
26-03-06, 02:35
What about Tech haven Ion-drone and raptor for finish the queen? I think they do better damage than the Particle nemesis both PVM and PVP. Anyone agrees?

Revenge is a good PVP drone as long as there are no lag. Indoors it is very good. I took out 3 runners in one hit :lol:

But punicher.. Its very hard to cap if you want a skill beside droning, even if you have RD in your head. So.. : RK-1000 = PVM Revenge = PVP.

cRazy-
26-03-06, 02:44
Dont post in old threads...

Why do people never release threads are about 2 years old, they must have to look through so many pages just to find it, boggles me...

ZoVoS
26-03-06, 02:46
i got killed by a punisher when i was on my tank trying to target the thing with my rever =]

NEVER USE A MEELE TANK TO GUN A VHC =P

since then i speced weplore n compleatly removed hack n psi use. forien pe buffs are the way to go mun :P

edit (though i handent seen the faces around for a while... shoulda guessed it was a fucking bump :mad: )

Dirus
26-03-06, 04:51
Gah a post from 2003!